Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, but how does one "sneak" into a prison. I think that's meda at it's worst. From what I was able to read (in English) she spent about 5 minutes with JVS who just gave her his attorney's number.

I understand her frustration and need to know, but he's lied to her for the past 5 years. She couldn't possibly think he was going to give up any new information now?

I'm still baffled and don't understand it. I can only pray she finds peace one day.

MOO

Mel

www. peterrdevries:

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/nieuws/peter-en-beth-holloway-in-peru/

Peter and Beth Holloway in Peru
Following several - false - press releases , please let Peter know the following:
  • Yes, he has been some time in Peru - Lima - along with Beth Holloway and a camera crew .
  • Yes, he is with Beth in the Castro Castro prison where Joran van der Sloot is.
  • No, neither Beth nor Peter , nor any other member of the crew has been detained or put down . Every message that states or suggests is completely untrue .
  • No, there is nothing, absolutely nothing , Beth , Peter and the crew seized associated with hidden camera equipment or recording thereof .
  • There is Beth , Peter and the crew nothing, absolutely nothing , made or done that was contrary to previous agreements and rules in Peru and / or the Castro Castro prison .
  • directed by Peter and Kees van der Spek will be a documentary on the activities with Beth Holloway , who soon will be broadcast by SBS 6 . This will be explained for what purpose exactly Beth and Peter have traveled to Peru and what the findings are .

I don't understand what Beth hopes to gain by playing into de Vries' hand for yet another TV special.

What I'd like to know is they are saying she arrived on the 11th and left yesterday morning. Where and what had she been doing for that entire week.... and the press not know she left the US? Doesn't take that long for a 5 min prison confrontation and a short interview with SF's brother....imo. Was she trying to contact any officials and gather info they may have found in connection to Natalee? What was she doing for a week?

ETA: Something tells me NG and a few of the talking heads that magically were available to talk about the "just learned news" of Beth in Peru, knew ahead of time she was there. Especially, since it was a US media "exclusive". Just sayin' Especially Jean Casarez, who had camped down in Peru after it broke about JVS.

NEW YORK, Sept. 18, 2010
Van der Sloot Aided by Holloway Mom Visit?
Criminal Attorney: Beth Holloway Twitty Used "Very Bad Judgment," Could Hurt Extortion Case Against Him

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/18/earlyshow/saturday/main6878945.shtml

This article states that Beth arrived in Peru on Sept. 11...about 5 days before she confronted Joran at Castro Castro. And, as I understand it, the only Flores family member she met with was Enrique, Stephanie's brother, and that was only a brief meeting.

So, what were her and Peter doing for those 5 days?? I certainly hope they are not now intruding into, and possibly jeopardizing, the Stephanie Flores case!

This entire expedition was a bad, bad move on her part.

MOO

Natalee face-off
Daring ma sneaks into jail to confront Sloot
By DAN MANGAN

Last Updated: 6:58 AM, September 18, 2010

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/natalee_face_off_gYxTwPd7wU8tfJZSfkITiN

According to this report:

"A lawyer for Flores' family confirmed that Flores' brother recently met Beth Holloway on camera as part of a Dutch production company's planned story about the two families and van der Sloot.

The lawyer, Jose Camarena, said Holloway 'is being paid by the Dutch media to participate in a soap-opera-like special,' according to MSNBC.com."

Huh!!

The lawyer, Jose Camarena, said Holloway 'is being paid by the Dutch media to participate in a soap-opera-like special,' according to MSNBC.com."

Huh!![/quote]

Now it starts -

" Maximo Altez said Beth Twitty got into the Castro Castro prison west of Lima with Dutch journalists who bribed prison employees to let her see Joran van der Sloot, 23, who is being held there in the killing of another young woman."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jpD_HbQcz9MlDhB_EcCIs0R8I_Bg

Huh!!

Now it starts -

" Maximo Altez said Beth Twitty got into the Castro Castro prison west of Lima with Dutch journalists who bribed prison employees to let her see Joran van der Sloot, 23, who is being held there in the killing of another young woman."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jpD_HbQcz9MlDhB_EcCIs0R8I_Bg[/quote]

I'm disgusted by this. I didn't want to believe it even tho everything pointed to it.

Now it starts -

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jpD_HbQcz9MlDhB_EcCIs0R8I_Bg

I'm disgusted by this. I didn't want to believe it even tho everything pointed to it.[/quote]

Ive been looking for polls, cant find much, but if my perusal of the internet
is any indication (and I spent hours looking last night), the
prison episode is being almost universally greeted as a "bad idea" which
could lead to negative consequences, all in Joran's favor.

One interesting aspect is how NG came up with: "Beth has been arrested".
Only Grace and her producer could fill the world in on that but of course
they are staying silent. There is massive protest at CNN about what Grace said
and did, all to no avail of course. But in one HLN blog I read it
speaks of "simultaneous" news releases in Holland and at HLN, that Beth
had been arrested. So perhaps Grace or her producer got it from some Dutch
source then spread the news - again I seriously doubt Grace is going to explain
to the world how she managed to engineer this latest piece of hypersupercilious
boilerplate.

Both Beth and deVries are saying there was a reason they went to Peru...
beyond simply wanting to have a face-to-face with Joran, which will be explained
when the deVries documentary is aired soon. Maybe they have found one of seven
cities of Cibola?

There is a lot of speculation about whether Anita is on Aruba, with Beth
and deVries just having arrived; its all speculation. A Judge was set to meet
with Joran on Monday at Castro Castro, the 25th?

Who knows what the next shoe to drop will be ...

I can find no evidence deVries and Holloway have been banned from
coming back to Peru ...

The good news is: Joran is still in jail. :angel:

Hello WS :)

All of this is too weird for me. I have NO desire to say or think anything negative about a parent who has lost their child. I have nothing "for" or "against" BH. I just call it like I see it...

Just because their child was murdered, does not mean they are good person. I guess what is hard to swallow, is the idea that when we are speaking of a victim: when the parents(who are not guilty of hurting the child)act in other ways that are not right-speaking the truth is seen as "not supporting them" or somehow being "haters." This kind of being "politically correct" can get in the way of seeing a situation for what it is. Had Cindy Anthony "kept her mouth shut" or we were not allowed to sleuth her or discuss her, we might not truly understand how mentally ill she is and her impact on Caylee's life and death.

It has always been upsetting to me, when you can see through what others think is a "nice person." The words "blaming the victim" comes up. IMHO, it is not blaming the victim when the "victim" acts by their own free will and does something that is "wrong." It does not take away their status as a victim of the crime but speaks of the truth as it stands, now. The truth is the truth.

That being said: I can understand(to a degree)why BH would want to confront Joran. But, if she was doing this just for a documentary??? I don't understand that and if this will in some way give an advantage to Joran(it SHOULDN'T)-then I would think that was something BH wouldn't want to do.

I will wait for more information but I have never "admired" BH as much as some would like. Other "ahem" life(relationship)choices she has been reported to have made, make my hinky meter go way up.

Birds of a feather...or mind control? Don't know...but JVS, BH, JR, SF and her family are all "elite working class." I know what is not to be spoken about...and that is the best proof that there is more going on...

I am for the children. For the actual victim of the crime. The one who's life was taken from them by another. Any family that gets in the media, and makes their own moves, IMHO is open to the same conversations people would have about any other news.

I am on NH and SF's side. And, I am starting to wonder if JVS will ever(on this earth)pay for his crimes?

:twocents:

Hello WS :)

All of this is too weird for me. I have NO desire to say or think anything negative about a parent who has lost their child. I have nothing "for" or "against" BH. I just call it like I see it...

Just because their child was murdered, does not mean they are good person. I guess what is hard to swallow, is the idea that when we are speaking of a victim: when the parents(who are not guilty of hurting the child)act in other ways that are not right-speaking the truth is seen as "not supporting them" or somehow being "haters." This kind of being "politically correct" can get in the way of seeing a situation for what it is. Had Cindy Anthony "kept her mouth shut" or we were not allowed to sleuth her or discuss her, we might not truly understand how mentally ill she is and her impact on Caylee's life and death.

It has always been upsetting to me, when you can see through what others think is a "nice person." The words "blaming the victim" comes up. IMHO, it is not blaming the victim when the "victim" acts by their own free will and does something that is "wrong." It does not take away their status as a victim of the crime but speaks of the truth as it stands, now. The truth is the truth.

That being said: I can understand(to a degree)why BH would want to confront Joran. But, if she was doing this just for a documentary??? I don't understand that and if this will in some way give an advantage to Joran(it SHOULDN'T)-then I would think that was something BH wouldn't want to do.

I will wait for more information but I have never "admired" BH as much as some would like. Other "ahem" life(relationship)choices she has been reported to have made, make my hinky meter go way up.

Birds of a feather...or mind control? Don't know...but JVS, BH, JR, SF and her family are all "elite working class." I know what is not to be spoken about...and that is the best proof that there is more going on...

I am for the children. For the actual victim of the crime. The one who's life was taken from them by another. Any family that gets in the media, and makes their own moves, IMHO is open to the same conversations people would have about any other news.

I am on NH and SF's side. And, I am starting to wonder if JVS will ever(on this earth)pay for his crimes?

BBM

Love your post! And on the question of why on earth BH would even consider doing such a thing, I have no anwers, only an observation.

In these intervening years since her daughter disappeared while in the "care" of Joran, BH has had to watch Joran conduct the cruelest media circus imaginable, literally taunting the Holloway family while withholding vital information about NH's whereabouts and smearing her name while he was at it, just for extra fun I guess. Now that Joran is caged, I would personally LOVE to see the parts reversed. If BH "taunts" Joran for the remainder of his miserable life, it will be ok by me.

I have to respectfully disagree with you here Chiquita... Beth Holloway has done nothing wrong, and it's been erroneously reported that she "snuck" into the prison, when she didn't even enter the prison (just as it was reported in the same negative light that she was arrested). She is NOT in the same class as Cindy Anthony- that's reserved for Anita Van Der Sloot. Beth is a murder victim's mother seeking answers and closure she never received- a far cry from Cindy Anthony who screamed at the media to get off their butts and physically search for her granddaughter, something she was never willing to do. Beth, on the other hand, has traveled to Aruba and Peru hoping to find what happened to her daughter's body....:twocents:
I have no problem with Beth visiting the Flores family, both were victimized by JVS, and there is no way that that will jeopardize Stephany's case.
Why is it that Sharon Rocha is held up as a model, but not Beth Holloway? Beth Holloway is a much better comparison with Sharon Rocha!

I have to respectfully disagree with you here Chiquita... Beth Holloway has done nothing wrong, and it's been erroneously reported that she "snuck" into the prison, when she didn't even enter the prison (just as it was reported in the same negative light that she was arrested). She is NOT in the same class as Cindy Anthony- that's reserved for Anita Van Der Sloot. Beth is a murder victim's mother seeking answers and closure she never received- a far cry from Cindy Anthony who screamed at the media to get off their butts and physically search for her granddaughter, something she was never willing to do. Beth, on the other hand, has traveled to Aruba and Peru hoping to find what happened to her daughter's body....:twocents:
I have no problem with Beth visiting the Flores family, both were victimized by JVS, and there is no way that that will jeopardize Stephany's case.
Why is it that Sharon Rocha is held up as a model, but not Beth Holloway? Beth Holloway is a much better comparison with Sharon Rocha!

Quote Respect Linask :)

I hear where you are coming from and I respect all that you are saying. I don't know about Sharon Rocha so I can't speak on that subject. I just want to make it clear that I was not comparing BH to Cindy Anthony...although I can see how that would come across in reading my post. Just to be clear, obviously BH has not acted in the ways Cindy Anthony has. I was just trying to illustrate that IF we never discussed people because they were the victim(too/also as family of the victim), we might overlook a huge part of of was/is really going on with the case. That may not be the case with NH, but I did find what BH did very disturbing. I admit, I am not sure why. That is why I say your post makes total sense...but I can't help what I feel. And since I know I don't have any personal reason for questioning what BH does I know I'm not just trying to attack her.

I was saying that we should be able to give each side of opinion on these things and not have to "clam up" just because the person had a family member murdered. Which, I have been able to do and you were able to respond and it's all good. :) The "ron Cummings" situation comes to mind as another example of what I was trying to convey.

If BH went to confront JVS for emotional reasons(I know, what other reasons could she have), it is very understandable. But, I would think there would be better ways she could seek relief and justice than what she chose to do. I am waiting to see the reason she would have...like, what was this to accomplish? The only answer I have seen is for a documentary.

And, that is my problem. I don't understand that, I don't understand how that would help BH feel better or bring her closer to knowing exactly what happened to her daughter. Maybe she made a bad decision, after being baited by JVS all these years? If she did, I can surely understand.

It's not so much that I think BH going to see JVS is right or wrong. I just think that there is much, much more going on here than meets the eye...I can't help but listen to my intuition...which does not have links. LOL.

I will wait for more information and I appreciate your post.

ETA: I should ask, so did BH try to get into the prison? I understand, now, that she was not arrested, and I knew she never did actually get into the prison...but she was going there for that purpose, right? If BH was really there just to visit the Flores family...I do change my opinion: she did nothing wrong. My understanding was that BH was there with a camera and was attempting to speak to JVS. If I am wrong I apologize and take back any statement that what BH did was disturbing to me. TIA

BH has had to watch Joran conduct the cruelest media circus imaginable, literally taunting the Holloway family while withholding vital information about NH's whereabouts and smearing her name while he was at it, just for extra fun I guess.
[/quote]

All true. So why give him any further advantage? Does she think she can out-taunt him, out-smart him, out-evil him, cast spells on him...?

It shows a huge lack of emotional maturity on her part which quite frankly
people now are wondering about in the broad scale ... as reflected in her
daughter's vulnerability to Joran in the first place.

We all know what Joran is. Why do we now have to wonder what Beth is!
I thought this was about the victims: Natalie and Stephany ?

And it sure as hell isn't about Peter deVries!:furious: and his amateur wild west show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060