Neighbor and eyewitness Jim Kelley

In an early thread (before the forum was created), someone found a RSO who had long blonde hair, and wondered if Mr. Kelley had seen a man thinking it was a woman. It sort of took off from there, but there's been no reports that I can find the driver was blonde.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5424584&postcount=103"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Neighbor and eyewitness Jim Kelly[/ame]

Includes links to the original thread.

Wow, looking at that mural, I don't really see the school as much as I see the area, farms, farm animals, farmers, farmer trucks.

Viva l' trompe-l'oeil!!!!

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

Could we get one of the mods to change the title of the thread, so this person's name is spelled correctly? It's Kelley with a second E. Purty please?

Wow, looking at that mural, I don't really see the school as much as I see the area, farms, farm animals, farmers, farmer trucks.

Viva l' trompe-l'oeil!!!!

And of course, there is a white truck in there too... ;)

Oh my goodness, can't believe we're still talking about a blonde driving the truck. It's all my fault.

I had posted a link way back on 6/6 or 6/7 to a local RSO who drove a white pick up who had long blonde hair. And I asked the question: "Could this be the blonde woman who JK saw driving the truck?" What I should have asked is "could this blonde be the woman who JK saw driving the truck?"

I corrected it twice, but the post and corrections seems to have been removed. I hope this clears it up. NO ONE SAID JK SAW A BLONDE. See how easy rumors get started.....LOL

Funny how rumors stick in people's minds forever, but the facts just slide right out sometimes. :waitasec:

For those who went to that road: Is it possible that disposable phone coverage is better at the end of that road or can anything been seen from there? How is it in relation to the H. home, such as being a good place to turn around? There's got to be a reason for the same vehicle pulling to the end of that road, sitting a bit, then turning around and leaving.

For those who went to that road: Is it possible that disposable phone coverage is better at the end of that road or can anything been seen from there? How is it in relation to the H. home, such as being a good place to turn around? There's got to be a reason for the same vehicle pulling to the end of that road, sitting a bit, then turning around and leaving.

Good Lord, after traveling this today with my trusty guide Freefallzzz...holy crap! There is no way someone accidentally went down this road or pulled down there to get better reception on their phone. If someone came all the way down to Mr. Kelley's house, it was intentional and they knew where they were going. That's some serious 4 wheelin' back in there.

Kimster, if you're reading...we went all the way past the house and the road does not continue. Just a path into the woods. :eek:

So if someone was scared off and went further either way on cornelius pass rd to put Kyron.Other side roads would be

NW Thompson street
NW Vancouver street
NW Columbia street
NW 3rd street
and NW Sheltered Nook road
NW Plainview Road

Where else?

Good Lord, after traveling this today with my trusty guide Freefallzzz...holy crap! There is no way someone accidentally went down this road or pulled down there to get better reception on their phone. If someone came all the way down to Mr. Kelley's house, it was intentional and they knew where they were going. That's some serious 4 wheelin' back in there.

Kimster, if you're reading...we went all the way past the house and the road does not continue. Just a path into the woods. :eek:

It didn't look like it went any further to me! Thanks for checking it out!

There is NO WAY someone takes that road for fun or convenience.

I have a sister who has a cabin at a beautiful lake. I drove up there one night, arriving around 2:30 a.m. I've been there a number of times before, but only in the daytime when I could recognize the landmarks. I spent the better part of an hour driving up....then backing out....of nearly every driveway in a 2 mile stretch of road trying to remember which one was hers. It could have been as simple as that.

(p.s, turns out, she has a mile marker right in front of her house. doh.)

I have a sister who has a cabin at a beautiful lake. I drove up there one night, arriving around 2:30 a.m. I've been there a number of times before, but only in the daytime when I could recognize the landmarks. I spent the better part of an hour driving up....then backing out....of nearly every driveway in a 2 mile stretch of road trying to remember which one was hers. It could have been as simple as that.

(p.s, turns out, she has a mile marker right in front of her house. doh.)

Not this one! It's not just a driveway off the main road to get to Mr. Kelley's house. You really have to work your way back in there over a very bumpy, unpaved path ...I wouldn't even call it a road it's so badly kept.

Not this one! It's not just a driveway off the main road to get to Mr. Kelley's house. You really have to work your way back in there over a very bumpy, unpaved path ...I wouldn't even call it a road it's so badly kept.

Lots of these places were like that, too. You'd think they'd fix that, given how much money they pay to have their fancy schmancy homes there. My lil car kinda took a beating that night.

Lots of these places were like that, too. You'd think they'd fix that, given how much money they pay to have their fancy schmancy homes there. My lil car kinda took a beating that night.

Are the homes really nice out there? I always thought they were kinda of old and beat up.

I wonder if LE ever determined who drove that white truck and if Kelley knew the color of the lady's hair. It could be the person would turn down the road once in error and then it's terrifying to try to turn around on those roads because you don't want to ditch your car - so that would account for going way down. But, to come back at 2 AM? Serious dumb (*&$# and the coincidence of a white truck. So...TH and KH had the sheriff staying with them, right? So how did their white truck go missing or is this just a weird coincidence or...since DDS's bro (is it?) has a white truck, if she was involved could this have been her?

Or...is this just a bizarre coincidence of someone lost. If Kelley could give a description of the person, like if it was a teenager, you go okay, lost teen calling boyfriend or whatnot.

There is a link to a pdf with a actually very great timeline but I don't know if it's an allowed site so I'll post but it might just be ****. Here it is:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/KH/khtimeline.pdf

There is also a sketch of two women blocking the entrance of the school, above the word school...must be TH and DDS...

5.gif

I was overwhelmed by that as we drove down that road. There is nothing but foliage everywhere. I guess the road goes further than we went? I can see why JK would notice someone down there. First of all, the dog barks like crazy and second, it is a lot more remote than I had imagined.

I googled it on the maps and went down that road at ground level... pic by pic.. you would have a hard time passing someone coming from the other way... It even shows the dogs that live at the house at the end of the road..lol. I'm thinking someones bat phone wasn't picking up a good signal... I know how that is, I have one myself... :angel: moo

I googled it on the maps and went down that road at ground level... pic by pic.. you would have a hard time passing someone coming from the other way... It even shows the dogs that live at the house at the end of the road..lol. I'm thinking someones bat phone wasn't picking up a good signal... I know how that is, I have one myself... :angel: moo

I did that too prior to actually driving it. The google shots don't give an accurate feeling of what it's like. Especially the surrounding trees, the deep, deep potholes, the mud! We've had unusually heavy downpours lately and it would have been that muddy and wet on June 4th as well. I don't see anyone going down these roads (we're talking 3 different ones to get to the Kelley's house) for good cell coverage. I "might" think someone could have been horribly lost once but not twice. ;)

Are the homes really nice out there? I always thought they were kinda of old and beat up.
I wonder if LE ever determined who drove that white truck and if Kelley knew the color of the lady's hair. It could be the person would turn down the road once in error and then it's terrifying to try to turn around on those roads because you don't want to ditch your car - so that would account for going way down. But, to come back at 2 AM? Serious dumb (*&$# and the coincidence of a white truck. So...TH and KH had the sheriff staying with them, right? So how did their white truck go missing or is this just a weird coincidence or...since DDS's bro (is it?) has a white truck, if she was involved could this have been her?

Or...is this just a bizarre coincidence of someone lost. If Kelley could give a description of the person, like if it was a teenager, you go okay, lost teen calling boyfriend or whatnot.

There is a link to a pdf with a actually very great timeline but I don't know if it's an allowed site so I'll post but it might just be ****. Here it is:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/KH/khtimeline.pdf

I would describe the homes as "beat up" on those roads! :D

I caught something in your link that I had never given much thought to before and wondered if a new thread should be started. Does anyone think this needs a thread or too small of an issue??

From your Pdf link:
"NOTE: LE has NOT requested any information from the public about seeing the truck in the 24-Hour Fitness lot. What does this tell us?"

I did that too prior to actually driving it. The google shots don't give an accurate feeling of what it's like. Especially the surrounding trees, the deep, deep potholes, the mud! We've had unusually heavy downpours lately and it would have been that muddy and wet on June 4th as well. I don't see anyone going down these roads (we're talking 3 different ones to get to the Kelley's house) for good cell coverage. I "might" think someone could have been horribly lost once but not twice. ;)

Since I've been down that road 3 times now (and STILL had a hard time finding the road to it off Corn Pass) I totally agree.

Kimster, we drove as far back as we could, which was basically right beside the house.
The "road" forks into the little parking area next to the house and then the path, I would have had to put it in 4WD and I don't even know if we could have gone far due to the tree growth.

The google streetview pictures are VERY old..

Parking anywhere on 6th would draw attention of the occupants of JK's house or the house at the end with the scary dogs..

The other issue about a cell phone, the further you go down that road, the more you get into the trees so cell coverage would be less..

It's so hard to explain if you have not actually been down that road.

I don't think it ever was TH or the H truck down there ever (RE: the two sightings)
IMO, it is related (the two sightings) but I have no idea who was there or why.

If you live in that area, I'm sure all people on the roads (8th, Folkenberg,6th) know of the railroad tracks, and how I'm sure there are ways to travel from various points along the tracks and back up to Corn Pass Rd.

*note, as I believe I posted previously, I have seen k9 searchers coming up out from south of that area on 8/8/2010 .. They were right across from the address of 13331 NW Cornelius Pass Road.

Took picture of address ACROSS from where I saw k9's on 8/8 here
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/08 08 2010 SEARCH KYRON/IMG_7915.jpg

Here they are walking up out of where they had been searching
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/08 08 2010 SEARCH KYRON/IMG_7916.jpg

Here is road (off Corn Pass) with gate, they came out of.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/08 08 2010 SEARCH KYRON/IMG_7927.jpg

More photos w/descriptions in this album.

I do NOT believe this is the only place they are focused on, as that same day I also saw them on Old Germantown Rd, and also the day before off Cornelius Pass 8/7/2010.

The photobuckets have pictures the addresses of the locations I saw searchers and I KNOW there were many more, these were JUST the ones I happened upon.

I just believe they have been checking into all areas to not leave anything left out...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksordo
Back