NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears there were sooooo many opportunities to intervene and yet no agency ever did. Now we see the results. When will we ever get it right?

I believe things will not change til:

1) There is more community support for those struggling with families. When being treated for addiction and alcohol abuse includes information to families, children included, on where to go for help if someone in the family is drinking or using drugs. to help the family member and themselves.

2) When Family Services, BCW, Child services, whatever you call it, is reformed so that well paid, experienced and supported workers are taught how to look for discrepencies and issues a child may not want to talk about, or actually deny.

3) I think that has to be reflected in Law, that children can be removed if law enforcement suspects something is, in the words of another poster 'hinky'. And that is really giving law enforcement alot of power.

Would you want your child taken if law enforcement 'thought' there might be something off? What if it's not warrented.

Just playing devils advocate here.

I truthfully think Family Services, or whatever they call it there, did their best. If the house was clean, there was food in the fridge, if the child didn't have marks or bruises, if the child wouldn't admit to abuse, if there wasn't LE called to a DV fight between parents where there was fear the child heard, saw, was effected by it (they can remove children in NY for this if they feel child is at risk),......

if there is no 'proof' there is little that can be done. If laws change, then maybe this would change. But I really don't know.

(BBM)

Quote: The Australian father of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker has reportedly been labelled uncooperative by US police as they continue trying to work out what happened to her.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/zahras-dad-uncooperative-20101015-16m4z.html

Based on MSM and based on who MSM questions on his cooperating. Burke Co sheriff said he isn't. Hickory police says he is.

‘‘We have been in contact with him and each time he has been co-operative,’’ Major Deal said. (Hickory Police)
http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-family-members-give-no-new-leads-20101014-16lr9.html

Police: Father of missing N.C. girl not cooperative

"He seems concerned. I don't know how sincere his concern is," Burke County, N.C., Sheriff John McDevitt told ABC.

McDevitt was asked whether he believed Adam Baker and he responded, "I don't."
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wor...sing-zahra-baker/story-e6frg1p3-1225938728148

Zahra’s father, Adam Baker, 33, has cooperated with investigators throughout the search for his daughter and is continuing to do so.
“He’s spending a lot of time with us. He’s continuing to submit to daily interviews and after those interviews, he is allowed to go home,” said Hickory police. “He has not asked for a lawyer and he has not made us aware that he has retained an attorney.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/15/cops-pour-through-leads-search-continues-ar-458449/

I believe things will not change til:

1) There is more community support for those struggling with families. When being treated for addiction and alcohol abuse includes information to families, children included, on where to go for help if someone in the family is drinking or using drugs. to help the family member and themselves.

2) When Family Services, BCW, Child services, whatever you call it, is reformed so that well paid, experienced and supported workers are taught how to look for discrepencies and issues a child may not want to talk about, or actually deny.

3) I think that has to be reflected in Law, that children can be removed if law enforcement suspects something is, in the words of another poster 'hinky'. And that is really giving law enforcement alot of power.

Would you want your child taken if law enforcement 'thought' there might be something off? What if it's not warrented.

Just playing devils advocate here.

I truthfully think Family Services, or whatever they call it there, did their best. If the house was clean, there was food in the fridge, if the child didn't have marks or bruises, if the child wouldn't admit to abuse, if there wasn't LE called to a DV fight between parents where there was fear the child heard, saw, was effected by it (they can remove children in NY for this if they feel child is at risk),......

if there is no 'proof' there is little that can be done. If laws change, then maybe this would change. But I really don't know.

Exactly. Yes. Well-put. All of the above. Agree entirely.

Know where those you support for public office stand on funding of social programs; support those who fund federal, state, and local organizations to protect our young.

as i shake my head in disgust at these peopel......where is zahra :furious:

I didn't think you came across as preaching at all. I would not like to see this thread closed down b/c of a religious debate. This is not the place for it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned (I'm a little busy with grandsons visiting), but EB's daughter, Brittany is claiming that DSS was called 85 times since 1991 (Caldwell, Catawba and Burke counties).

BBM
Is this info in a news article?

We all know that dear ol' stepmom has all the facts about what happened to little Zahra....now, if only we could find some LEGAL way to get the info out of her. Mmmm....what about waterboarding.....

Sorry to suggest it, but it makes me so frustrated to realize that someone knows where Zahra is but they just won't say....

taking a self inflicted time out right now as I do not want to be part of dragging thread off topic.

Will check back in later for any updates or news.

Everyone is upset.Let's calm down. Z is missing and we all have something in common and It's Z. Let's go on and hang in.

:seeya:

Tricia doesn't have a religion forum on WS for a reason. Back to precious Zahra!

Zahra Claire Baker Update: Authorities Conduct "Grid Search" for Missing Girl at Tree Service Company
October 15, 2010 12:21 PM
---
Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt told FoxNews.com that investigators were going to conduct a "grid search" Thursday of Real Tree Services in Morganton, N.C., Zahra's father, Adam Baker, works as a laborer.

Authorities returned to the workplace which is 19 miles away from the child's home because the company owns a lot of equipment, including a wood chipper, that they would like to "eliminate" in the search for the little girl, the cable newschannel reported.

"We're going to move every piece of everything to eliminate that property today," McDevitt said in an interview with FoxNews.com.
---

and more, at
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20019740-504083.html

Not sure if this is a new article that has been posted, but this states a woman claims to have saw her 14 days ago.

"Earlier this morning, we spoke with a woman who claims she saw Zahra Baker 14 days before the girl was reported missing. Reporter Kay Johnson will have that story Friday on WBTV News 3 at 6 p.m. "

Here is the link.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Hi! There was mention by a reporter for the Hickory Daily Record on NG last night that some former neighbors believed Zahra may have been forced to stay in the attic, through access in a closet. They have an article on it today:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/14/17/neighbors-wonder-if-zahra-kept-attic-ar-458767/

Not proven, of course, but just the thought of it is absolutely sickening.

Thanks Sherbie for posting!

(Thanks IRH for bumping that's how I found it this morning)

The first thought I had immediately as I read that the partition has been taken down within the attic (the one that is a firewall but also keeps people from moving over the entire attic when it is an apartment bldg) is that was someone planning to enter another apt?

I have seen this happen when someone wants to enter another apt through the attic, and then rob the other apartment. For example: I know of a woman many years ago, had a man (young adult) step wrong while hunching over and moving through the attic that while she and her husband were laying in bed, they heard strange noises in the attic, thought it was an animal until the guy in the attic stepped wrong and put his foot through their bedroom ceiling---thereby getting himself busted LOL.

Also I like the drug hiding too. Sounds about right. All JMHO. Oh and Good morning to you all :)

Im so so sick of these parents harming and killing thier children and the trying to Cover thier A$$s by claming up!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is this beautiful girl???

If they are checking everywhere that Daddy worked, then surely LE must think he has something to do with this....

Zahra Claire Baker Update: Authorities Conduct "Grid Search" for Missing Girl at Tree Service Company
October 15, 2010 12:21 PM
---
Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt told FoxNews.com that investigators were going to conduct a "grid search" Thursday of Real Tree Services in Morganton, N.C., Zahra's father, Adam Baker, works as a laborer.

Authorities returned to the workplace which is 19 miles away from the child's home because the company owns a lot of equipment, including a wood chipper, that they would like to "eliminate" in the search for the little girl, the cable newschannel reported.

"We're going to move every piece of everything to eliminate that property today," McDevitt said in an interview with FoxNews.com.
---

and more, at
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20019740-504083.html

I am having flashbacks to the dogs hitting on the dumpster near the Haleigh Cummings property and her body never being found.

I didn't think you came across as preaching at all. I would not like to see this thread closed down b/c of a religious debate. This is not the place for it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned (I'm a little busy with grandsons visiting), but EB's daughter, Brittany is claiming that DSS was called 85 times since 1991 (Caldwell, Catawba and Burke counties).

Whoa -- 85 times?!? I said the other night that I wondered if this was one of those family/extended family situations where they report each other out of spite and therefore not all the reports that should be taken seriously were actually properly followed up on.

I just get the feeling that kind of thing was common in this family and that some calls were warranted, obviously, and some were just spiteful, out-to-get-each-other type calls. Would be interesting to know how many calls were made against ALL the people involved.

I just can't seem to keep up with you all. My apology if this has already been posted.

fran

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/15/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html

WCNC-TV reported that school staff saw signs of trouble, visited Zahra's home, and reported concerns to the Department of Social Services.

"They utilized every resource...and any referral process that was available in the school for the well-being and welfare of Zahra," said Caldwell County schools spokesperson Libby Brown.

Caldwell DSS officials released a statement Friday morning, saying they are not permitted to talk.

"The Caldwell County Department of Social Services is prohibited from discussing, disclosing information, or confirming or denying the department's involvement with any individual or family," the statement read, citing state law.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ng-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12RgQRDbr

CYA. Standard operating procedure. Makes me sick.

Cadaver dog taken inside missing girl's home, mattresses removed from house

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Investigators looking into the case of a missing Hickory girl who is presume to be dead returned to the girls home Friday morning and removed items from the house.

Police were at the Hickory home for about two hours on Friday and brought a cadaver dog to the house.

The dog was taken into the house, but officials would not comment on whether the dog detected anything unusual inside the home.

They also brought Zahr Claire Baker's father, Adam, to the home.

Police removed mattresses and box springs from the house. Adam Baker left the house around 12:30 p.m.

Police Reach Dead End In Search For Girl
How can any parent love them self more than justice for their child.. Oh Sweet Sweet Zahra... Where are you Angel Girl?

So according to this link cadaver dogs went into the trailer and while LE wont' comment on whether hits were made they took her bed and boxspring.....

Makes you think she was dead inside the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member