NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no passport.
He has no money.
He has the focus of the police and FBI.
He has a warrant to arrest him looming in the shadows at any moment.
He is not going anywhere.

If they arrest him he stops talking just like SM and the slim hope of finding her becomes even smaller.

Thanks for reassuring me, I am so worried they will get away with murder!

Don't know if it's been said yet, but Munchausen syndrome is an older term for Factitious disorder.

That's definitely the case, but the sheer number -- wowza. The vast majority of us are never the subject of DSS calls. I would think even half a dozen calls would be concerning...but 85? (Of course, we don't know if it's true, but if it is...holy cow!)

That would show such an extreme pattern that you would think she would be on their "top reported" list and under extra watch.

Given the very real phenomenon of lowlife cranks who make these calls just to harass people (or to get a rival drug dealer in trouble), I think what should be counted is not the total number of calls, but the number of different people who have called and identified themselves. If there are numerous calls coming from the same people and/or a lot of anonymous calls, and investigations in response haven't turned up anything actionable, that could be a sign that it's just cranks who have some grudge against the person. But in EB's case, just in the very recent issue of Zahra, there have been calls from at least two different relatives of hers AND from school officials, and I'm pretty sure at least one neighbor from their previous residence also called. Plus reportedly dozens of domestic disturbance calls to which police responded, at various different residence locations.

Can anyone here tell me about the factitious disorder that was discussed last night in reference to stepmom on NG? TIA

I might have spelled that wrong, sorry.

(I can google the definition myself, I was wanting to know if any of our medical pros here could give me a break down) :)

It's medicalese for "faking it".

why would the marriage not be valid? Did I miss something this morning?

Just popping in, as I married a UK'er. We were married in the US, but still had to go through the whole immigration process -- including an interview to make sure our wedding wasn't a hoax. I had to bring in pics of our wedding/reception -- anything that would convince the screener we were legit.

My husband still had to get a permanent resident card, all while waiting to become a US citizen (hopefully this January wahoo). It's not cheap either -- all the appointments, etc., set us back a couple grand -- but that's okay.

IMHO if the dad received a permanent resident card, then zahra would too. This would allow the both of them SS #'s and allow the dad to work legally and get a US driver's license. You can only drive on an international one for 90 days (I believe).

Wonder if he went the legal route??

MOO

Mel

why would the marriage not be valid? Did I miss something this morning?

oh gee somewhere I read here in an article that no marriage licence was found here.
Picture of one in AU wedding pix.
I was married also out of the country.
We were legal in that country but not in US.
Paperwork wasn't done right.
My hubby and I had to get married again in USA.
Just to make it legal.
I am wondering if it is the same getting married in AU.
Is it only legal in AU???

shows PROOF of a flight risk to me!!!!
Arrest this guy already on abuse!!!!
He is gonna run as soon as he gets money!!!!!

I don't think there's a chance in Hades that Australia is going to let this man back into their country. He'd be a fool to try and go back there.

I do hope LE does have his passport. You commit the crime here, you don't get to leave here, Mr. AB!

ETA: I got this image of our Aussie Websleuthers waiting there to greet him and kick his butt back out of Australia, lol.

I hate to think of them putting Zahra up there. I hope they didn't.

I definitely believe they would use it for a stash spot. AND, I'll bet they creeped around in the managers apartment when they gone.

Ugh

I haven't been able to get the alleged attic hideaway out of my thoughts. The horrors of wondering how Zahra would even get up there with only one good leg turns my stomach. . .

Is this a spoon that I see in this picture of the above mentioned attic or are my eyes playing tricks on me? (It's in the second picture.)

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/14/19/neighbors-wonder-if-zahra-kept-attic-ar-458767/

And did you notice how he said "if the girl wants to go". THE GIRL? How disconnected can one be? What, he can't say "my daughter" -- is that because he wants to distance himself away from her emotionally?

It just really irks me when parents refer to their children as "the kid", or "boy/girl". Children have names, and missing ones (especially) deserve a little more respect.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Mel

ITA, Mel. Reminds me of Casey Anthony and her family constantly referring to Caylee as "that little girl". :(

Sounds as if LE has concerns about the validity of the hits made by the dogs during the car, mulch etc. visit.

Is anyone alse struck by how the dogs seem to have hit pretty much everywhere? two vhicles, mulch/fire area, job site - two chippers etc.

I wonder if they are retracing their steps using different dogs and handlers and having the dogs do the searches blind - as in seperately, so there can be no mistaking the meaning if two dogs hit on same things inside the home at two separate run throughs. KWIM?

I hope I am mistaken but this reads to me as if LE now has doubts about the veracity of the original dog "hits"

Or maybe the dogs are just plain worn out? They took them to a lot of spots. Maybe it was time to bring in some fresh, willing noses. I don't know if there is a rule for how long a dog is allowed to sniff or anything like that, but they might be taking a nap and their buddies are filling in for them.

I hate to think that LE just didn't trust the first ones.

ETA: I really do wonder about this. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything. I don't know how this works with cadaver dogs.

I am an Australian who has a green card and is living in America. Yay! :)

Just marrying a US citizen does not grant him citizenship - it takes ages. Even for me, as a green card holder marrying a US citizen does not fast track my citizenship application any quicker. The process is so long and you *really* have to be on the ball with paperwork etc - which surprises me considering how these people actually are. He would've had to enter the USA and would have been unable to work for probably about 6-12 months. She would've had to support him fully. Obviously, I am assuming here, this is where the drug dealing etc would have come into play. It is interesting that they got married in Australia - I am wondering how she entered Australia and stayed such a substantial time etc.

They would have been CRAZY to leave Australia if Zahra was still sick - why would you leave somewhere where you don't need health insurance and have a great hospital system for a country with a no-hoper wife who I doubt has had a job with insurance coveragel? I say as soon as Zahra was given the all clear, that is why they left.

BBM Does DSS have the right to go up to joe blow and say heres a cup we want a drug test without a court order?
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I honestly dont know the answer.

Heck I just figured out what BBM means without going to the abriviation page.

That was my question too WSF glad you asked it.

I did a quick search of the statutes in NC but they don't pertain to what powers DDS (CPS? here) has to investigate alleged abuse.

We have another case here.

Patrick Alford
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94415"]NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7-year-old "runaway", Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Thread 1 of 2 so far.

He was removed from his Mother's home when she contacted CPS to ask for help because she was struggling with addiction and Patrick was removed from her home for various other problems.

He is now missing. He disappeared from his foster Mother's home.

His Mother just filed a federal law suit. I do expect to see more suits to come too. JMHO.

Just popping in, as I married a UK'er. We were married in the US, but still had to go through the whole immigration process -- including an interview to make sure our wedding wasn't a hoax. I had to bring in pics of our wedding/reception -- anything that would convince the screener we were legit.

My husband still had to get a permanent resident card, all while waiting to become a US citizen (hopefully this January wahoo). It's not cheap either -- all the appointments, etc., set us back a couple grand -- but that's okay.

IMHO if the dad received a permanent resident card, then zahra would too. This would allow the both of them SS #'s and allow the dad to work legally and get a US driver's license. You can only drive on an international one for 90 days (I believe).

Wonder if he went the legal route??

MOO

Mel

Thanks for the info-- pretty much what I thought the process was.

I have friends who came her from Scotland but they both married military so a bit different than a civilian coming over.
I took it for granted that if AB was here legally so was Zahra.

I haven't been able to get the alleged attic hideaway out of my thoughts. The horrors of wondering how Zahra would even get up there with only one good leg turns my stomach. . .

Is this a spoon that I see in this picture of the above mentioned attic or are my eyes playing tricks on me? (It's in the second picture.)

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/14/19/neighbors-wonder-if-zahra-kept-attic-ar-458767/

I can't see one. Where do you think it is located within the picture? TIA

Or maybe the dogs are just plain worn out? They took them to a lot of spots. Maybe it was time to bring in some fresh, willing noses. I don't know if there is a rule for how long a dog is allowed to sniff or anything like that, but they might be taking a nap and their buddies are filling in for them.

I hate to think that LE just didn't trust the first ones.

ETA: I really do wonder about this. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything. I don't know how this works with cadaver dogs.

They have ruled out the dog hits on the wood chipper more or less.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

Sounds as if LE has concerns about the validity of the hits made by the dogs during the car, mulch etc. visit.

Is anyone alse struck by how the dogs seem to have hit pretty much everywhere? two vhicles, mulch/fire area, job site - two chippers etc.

I wonder if they are retracing their steps using different dogs and handlers and having the dogs do the searches blind - as in seperately, so there can be no mistaking the meaning if two dogs hit on same things inside the home at two separate run throughs. KWIM?

I hope I am mistaken but this reads to me as if LE now has doubts about the veracity of the original dog "hits"

I agree. I think they are trying to figure out why they are getting so many hits, but they aren't coming up with any real evidence that she was there. It doesn't make sense esp. at the work site since the chippers have been ruled out. There has to be a main site for evidence at least I would think.

I am an Australian who has a green card and is living in America. Yay! :)

Just marrying a US citizen does not grant him citizenship - it takes ages. Even for me, as a green card holder marrying a US citizen does not fast track my citizenship application any quicker. The process is so long and you *really* have to be on the ball with paperwork etc - which surprises me considering how these people actually are. He would've had to enter the USA and would have been unable to work for probably about 6-12 months. She would've had to support him fully. Obviously, I am assuming here, this is where the drug dealing etc would have come into play. It is interesting that they got married in Australia - I am wondering how she entered Australia and stayed such a substantial time etc.

They would have been CRAZY to leave Australia if Zahra was still sick - why would you leave somewhere where you don't need health insurance and have a great hospital system for a country with a no-hoper wife who I doubt has had a job with insurance coveragel? I say as soon as Zahra was given the all clear, that is why they left.

Thankyou very much, I wonder if it was a legal marriage in AU also,
being that she was there for such a little time.
Maybe they just had a ceremony and a certificate from the internet??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member