NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/14/police-nc-girl-alive-mid-sept/

"Zahra may have been alive when her family moved to a new home in North Carolina in mid-September, police said Thursday.

Investigators are having trouble finding anyone outside Zahra Clare Baker's household in Hickory who has seen the girl alive in recent months, making it difficult to narrow down places to search."

It's hard to breathe through how sad this is! They don't know if the poor girl was alive when they moved. No one knows. That poor baby!!

Doesn't help that I'm listening to this song

"Through the trees" by Ryan Levine

All alone in an empty room
nothing left but the memories of when I had my best frIend
I don't know how we ended up here
I don't know but it's never been so clear
We made a mistake, dear.
And I see the broken glass in front of me
I see your shadow hanging over me
and your face, I can see...

Through the trees
I will find you;
I will heal the ruins left inside you
cuz I'm still here breathing now...
I'm still here breathing now...
I'm still here breathing now...
until I'm set free.
Go quiet through the trees

(you can listen to it on youtube, btw...it's heartbreakingly beautiful)

I can't seem to figure out a time-line for when/where Zahra lived. I remember that she had the cats in the mobile home park. My guess is that the next rental would not allow cats or SM and dad didn't want them along(spiteful?). I don't know.

Do I think SM tried to find a home for the kittens - NO, it wouldn't fit in with her sadistic self. I have no idea where Zahra's kittens ended up. i can only guess. moo mho
As a cat lover, I was just curious. And no, I don't believe a home was found for them either but leaving them behind to spite or hurt Zahra, yes I do think is very possible. It just seemed odd they would have to be left behind when there were pit bulls at the house. So having pets doesn't seem to be an issue. :( MOO

As a cat lover, I was just curious. And no, I don't believe a home was found for them either but leaving them behind to spite or hurt Zahra, yes I do think is very possible. It just seemed odd they would have to be left behind when there were pit bulls at the house. So having pets doesn't seem to be an issue. :( MOO

The dogs were chained outside- it is possible the landlord just didn't want pets inside the house. And some people don't mind dogs but won't allow cats- we ran into that a couple of times-they just flat out didn't want cats in their units- (one did have newly finished hard wood floors and thought a cat would scratch the floor-- but they thought a dog would be fine-- yeah i know they were kind of backwards in their thinking. lol)

Some landlords wont allow cats, but dogs are welcome. It's strange to me, but I guess some people feel cats are prone to leaving bigger mess than a dog. Being a cat lover, as well, I can't understand that logic.

Sadly, lots of people just leave their cats behind. We have two that were acquired by being left (and me being a sucker for a sad look).

I keep thinking over what AB said in the 2 interviews I watched. Yes, I too noticed when he referred to Zahra in the past tense. When he was trying to explain when he last saw her, he mentioned she had a stomach virus for a few days & was sleeping, didn't want to disturb her (paraphrased). However, if I had a child who had suffered through cancer twice, I would be hyper-vigilant. Any illness would be cause for great concern. Why wasn't he checking on her regularly, especially knowing she was ill?

Not to mention his confusion over when he last saw Zahra (Tues or Thurs). I would think those details would be burned into his mind regardless of how little sleep he's had. I do believe he knows what happened to Zahra. In my mind, he is just as guilty, regardless of his level of involvement. I'm very afraid he may be our only hope to bring her home.

JMO

I hate being in the same species as these $(*&^%
I think SM was giving Zahra something to make her listless,so she could use her to get attention. Then she OD...
This may be waaay farfetched,but maybe Zarha wrote something on the bedframe... Behind the headboard?
(snipped)

BBM:
Peg, I was wondering exactly the same thing about the bed-frame... This is terrible to think about, but I wondered if she could have been tied or handcuffed to it, leaving marks on it....
Still trying to figure out why the mattresses were taken... I'm not sure I want to think about what evidence could be on there :(

The dogs were chained outside- it is possible the landlord just didn't want pets inside the house. And some people don't mind dogs but won't allow cats- we ran into that a couple of times-they just flat out didn't want cats in their units- (one did have newly finished hard wood floors and thought a cat would scratch the floor-- but they thought a dog would be fine-- yeah i know they were kind of backwards in their thinking. lol)
LOL - yes that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? People who aren't necessarily cat lovers have come into my home and never noticed just how many are inside. They're clean and don't mess up anything! :) I do think the pit bulls were more for guarding the property than pets though. MOO

Some landlords wont allow cats, but dogs are welcome. It's strange to me, but I guess some people feel cats are prone to leaving bigger mess than a dog. Being a cat lover, as well, I can't understand that logic.

Sadly, lots of people just leave their cats behind. We have two that were acquired by being left (and me being a sucker for a sad look).
BBM

You're telling me! All of mine had previous owners who didn't want them, or were homeless kittens. :( I was just trying to figure out what happened in relation to how Zahra was taken care of and/or psychologically abused. MOO

I can't seem to figure out a time-line for when/where Zahra lived. I remember that she had the cats in the mobile home park. My guess is that the next rental would not allow cats or SM and dad didn't want them along(spiteful?). I don't know.

Do I think SM tried to find a home for the kittens - NO, it wouldn't fit in with her sadistic self. I have no idea where Zahra's kittens ended up. i can only guess. moo mho

I know it is incidental to the rest of this horror but I have been worried about those kitty cats all week :(

But it would have stunk to high heaven! Pretty sure the landlord would have noticed it don't you?

Attics vent out side, one fan set up venting out and plants in that area would not have been an odor issue at all! I know some people who own apartments, and you wouldn't believe some of the stuff they have found upon evicting people! JMO of course though :)

I know it is incidental to the rest of this horror but I have been worried about those kitty cats all week :(
So have I, cluciano.
And moving and leaving the cats behind would be abusive to Zahra and the cats. I can't even imagine.
This poor little girl had no happiness in her life... just one horror after another. Sick!

I'm glad to know I wasn't alone with that worry. It does give a clue though to what type of "parent(s)" Zahra had. MOO

The neighbor at the location they most recently moved from said that SM said the cats were not allowed at the new rental (but they had dogs there, which I guess is technically possible), and that Z was upset about "about not being able to take them" which is different than being upset about giving them away to a new family to me, but it is speculation. It sounds like they were just left behind to fend for themselves.

Why if you move every 2-3 months you would start collecting pets I don't get, but I guess it is hardly the most unexplainable thing these "parent" did.

So have I, cluciano.
And moving and leaving the cats behind would be abusive to Zahra and the cats. I can't even imagine.
This poor little girl had no happiness in her life... just one horror after another. Sick!
Exactly. And yet, despite it all, in her photos, she always gave the appearance of being happy. MOO

Video on the right. Neighbors from trailer park said they saw the parents come back after dark 3 weeks ago.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category.asp?c=197806

Witness said it was in the night, and they saw Adam and Elisa, not Zahra. One mentioned a terrible odor back then as well. "I never smelled anything like it."

This coincides with the Sept. 25th date the witnesses spotted Zahra @ the furniture store.

Wow, that report made my hair stand on end. Numerous neighbors are saying the same thing.

Why would her parents go back there weeks after they moved out? In the dark no less. Then people smelled the worst odor ever right after? They never smelled anything like it? I would say a good portion of people go through life not knowing what a corpse smells like. So that would be very memorable when they do. I believe these people.

I hope LE digs into this. This right here is really important. I have faith that they will do so though. LE in my opinion has done an excellent job trying to find this girl. They have left no stone unturned and my hearts go out to them.

Wow, that report made my hair stand on end. Numerous neighbors are saying the same thing.

Why would her parents go back there weeks after they moved out? In the dark no less. Then people smelled the worst odor ever right after? They never smelled anything like it? I would say a good portion of people go through life not knowing what a corpse smells like. So that would be very memorable when they do. I believe these people.

I hope LE digs into this. This right here is really important. I have faith that they will do so though. LE in my opinion has done an excellent job trying to find this girl. They have left no stone unturned and my hearts go out to them.

I believe the neighbors also since they have no reason to lie about it. One reason they may have went back to dispose of her is because they knew the area much better and where nobody would see them after dark. Not sure why they would go the house though, maybe something went wrong initially and they needed someplace to think. I sincerely hope they dig deep into this because this smells very bad to me.

Hi all, I've been "lurking" for awhile trying to catch up and finding that most of my "wonderings" have already been wondered and replied to by others. Thank you all for all the good information and I have to say that I am awed to see so many intelligent and caring people gathered here.
I have a question that maybe is silly or has already been answered but I am hoping someone will be kind enough to clear this up for me: Here goes- If Zahra's leg was not being well tended to at the amputation site...or her prostheses was rubbing...and there was some necrosis, could that necrotic tissue cause a cadaver dog to "hit" on a spot where her leg had rested?
Thanks for your patience with this "newbie". :)

Yes that report is an eye opener, for sure. I believe those people too. It is really strange that EB & AB would go back over there after several weeks have passed, and there is no logical explanation for them going back! I'm sure LE is investigating this area also. I know they want to figure this case all out as much as we want them too!

My late kitty, who I had 14+ years, was left behind in a an apartment after the people moved out :(

Sorry to be OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member