2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the DA believes she killed Haleigh? Do you think the DA would offer a plea deal?

She might wind up with a plea of 25 years to run concurrently with the other 25 year sentence on the total drug charges but imo the DA will not plea with her concerning Haleigh's case nor are they going to plea with Tommy.

imo

BBM - I do not believe for one millisecond that is the case so I cannot comment on your question. For me, it doesn't enter into the equation.

As far as what the DA may or may not do, you're braver than I am to make that call. I think if they dangle the carrot to get what they want, she most probably will get far less than 240 years and if the bottom line is 25 years, I think that can be worked on. Let's face it. LE has her right where they want her. It's time to bargain or she can kiss the world good-bye.

I agree that the boat ramp incident was a ruse, but if she was willing to implicate herself and others in this, why would putting pressure of more jail time on her now make her give up information. She wasn't worried about it then. jmo.

IMO, she didn't implicate herself too much in the boat ramp story (hiding under the covers terrified, really, now??) but I think now that she has actually been sentenced, it's a whole new ball game.

IMO, she didn't implicate herself too much in the boat ramp story (hiding under the covers terrified, really, now??) but I think now that she has actually been sentenced, it's a whole new ball game.
I agree. She barely implicated herself, & compared to Tommy's version, she barely implicated Joe. That story had Tommy written all over it, & it's MOO, that Misty went along for the ride...which was a despicable thing to do, but almost everything she, Tommy, & Ron have done, is pretty despicable. Misty, said in court, that she is, for the 1st time ever, in charge of her life. Let's see what she does with it.

I don't think Misty is capable of telling the truth. I believe most of her life has been based on lies, manipulations and deceit.

I never said anything about 'needing' a body. It is common decency for LE to want to know where Haleigh's remains were discarded so she can be brought back home for a proper burial especially if they know Misty and Tommy knows where that is. Police are human beings also with hearts .....especially for a little innocent 5 year old child. Misty didn't testify they were asking her to cough up who did it. She said they were still asking her to lead them to Haleigh's body.

They have long said they know 95% of what happened in that house that night. Misty is the other 5% and imo LE wants to know why she killed that little girl and why she had her brother come over and help her and where they tossed Haleigh's remains, imo.

Yes, LE does know the truth and IMO they know Misty and Tommy are both up to their eyeballs in Haleigh's homicide and is the reason why Haleigh's body hasn't been found. So that is why all the finger pointing at someone else has not worked.

The two involved will not give up where Haleigh is. Imo, the entire boat ramp tale was a ruse. Haleigh's body is not there and that is why they led the police on a wild goose chase.
I don't think LE is 95% sure of anything. If they were, they wouldn't have wasted the time & money on a 'ruse'. Also, Art said that LE is still considering many options. I could be wrong, but it's MOO, that Tommy committed the deed, & Misty has been semi covering for him, & also, for hers & Ron's parts in the cover-up, & seperate crimes. There's no way, IMO, Tommy would suffer through this **** on earth for Misty. If he could blame Misty, I think he already would have...but her attitude has been more like, (& this is just my interpretation), that since she didn't commit the deed, she was in the clear. I think she's finally seeing the light. The last I heard, Tommy was sticking with his Joe story. Why? because, IMO, he has no choice. Misty's not sticking with the Joe story. Why? because, IMO, she has a choice. the truth.

While we wait...I thought I would remind everyone why we are here today....and will be here until Justice is served...

From our one and only Concerned Papa: (beautiful job Papa-oh and I love that song!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgLkXJ2Zgz0

In the heat of the moment I think we sometimes forget why we're here...This is why...Haleigh Cummings.

While we wait...I thought I would remind everyone why we are here today....and will be here until Justice is served...

From our one and only Concerned Papa: (beautiful job Papa-oh and I love that song!)

In the heat of the moment I think we sometimes forget why we're here...This is why...Haleigh Cummings.

WOW I hadn't seen that before, wonderful job Papa...and a perfect song.
May she come home, very...very soon.

I agree. She barely implicated herself, & compared to Tommy's version, she barely implicated Joe. That story had Tommy written all over it, & it's MOO, that Misty went along for the ride...which was a despicable thing to do, but almost everything she, Tommy, & Ron have done, is pretty despicable. Misty, said in court, that she is, for the 1st time ever, in charge of her life. Let's see what she does with it.

BBM
I don't know how Misty can be in control of her life. She is in a jail cell. They tell her when she can exercise and for how long, she eats what they give her and when they give it to her, she has no privacy in letters or phone calls, they tell her when she can shower and they tell her when lights out to go to sleep.

I don't know what she means by control.

JMO

BBM
I don't know how Misty can be in control of her life. She is in a jail cell. They tell her when she can exercise and for how long, she eats what they give her and when they give it to her, she has no privacy in letters or phone calls, they tell her when she can shower and they tell her when lights out to go to sleep.

JMO
Well, I had a hard time with that too, but maybe she meant the control to make her own decisions, without her family's or the Cummings pressure. to say what SHE decides to say. Regardless of who did what to Haleigh, I could see that she was being pulled in different directions, by different people. Also, I think LE has probably told her that NOW, she alone, makes her decisions, & I think she may be mulling that over. I've see interviews with incarcerated women & young adults who've killed their abusive husbands & parents, & sometimes they say, they were in more of a prison, before they were locked up, & for the 1st time in their lives, feel free...which is hard to understand, because they're physically locked up, but they're talking about mental & emotional freedom.

I don't think LE is 95% sure of anything. If they were, they wouldn't have wasted the time & money on a 'ruse'. Also, Art said that LE is still considering many options. I could be wrong, but it's MOO, that Tommy committed the deed, & Misty has been semi covering for him, & also, for hers & Ron's parts in the cover-up, & separate crimes. There's no way, IMO, Tommy would suffer through this **** on earth for Misty. If he could blame Misty, I think he already would have...but her attitude has been more like, (& this is just my interpretation), that since she didn't commit the deed, she was in the clear. I think she's finally seeing the light. The last I heard, Tommy was sticking with his Joe story. Why? because, IMO, he has no choice. Misty's not sticking with the Joe story. Why? because, IMO, she has a choice. the truth.

I believe they had no choice. They have been trying to get the truth out of Tommy and Misty for over a year wanting them to tell them where they put Haleigh's remains. They would be remiss in their duties, even based upon the words of pathological liars.... to not look for Haleigh's remains at the boat ramp in case by some miracle the liars had finally told the truth.

They had to check it out and then cross it off as another setup of Tommy and Misty's.

IMO

BBM

JMO

No one can make her tell the truth though. She IS in control when it comes to that.

IMO

i know that i don't have many posts, but i have been following this case since the begining. I would like to see some one start a thread/poll on if misty now confesses will you believe her? personally I wiil not. I think a confession now would be the result of her facing sooo many years on the drug charges as opposed to what i think she would recieve if she lied and said it was a terrible accident and she was scared.

Sorry I didn't know where to post this.

IMHO.. Haleigh's life was snuffed out by her father on February 9, 2009, but her light will continue to shine forever..
None of us can bring Haleigh back, and to be honest I'm not even interested in seeing Ronald Cummings spend the next 15 years behind bars for selling drugs.
All I'm interested in is the truth being revealed and he and his family being held responsible for the lies they have told and the underhanded manipulative tactics they have used to deflect the truth and set up other people to take the fall...
Not to mention the HELL they have put Crystal and her family through by ALL the lies they have told....The TRUTH needs to come out NOW....Anything but the truth is a disgrace to Haleigh's memory...And these people claim they loved her? I don't think so... If they truly loved Haleigh they wouldn't have lied to her mother, keep her in the dark about what happened just to save their OWN rear ends....JMHO..

There will be some who refuse to believe Misty if she leads them to Haleigh's body and produces a video of what happened that night.

i know that i don't have many posts, but i have been following this case since the begining. I would like to see some one start a thread/poll on if misty now confesses will you believe her? personally I wiil not. I think a confession now would be the result of her facing sooo many years on the drug charges as opposed to what i think she would recieve if she lied and said it was a terrible accident and she was scared.

If she blames herself, Ron & Tommy, I'll believe her. They all had something to do with it, IMO, & I won't be satisfied if 1 of them emerges blameless. Also, her story needs to answer more questions than who dun it & where's the body. She needs to explain all of their actions. Call me a glutton for punishment, but, yes, I'll believe Misty if the story makes sense.

I suspect if and when Misty decides to ever tell the truth and that information is revealed to the public, I'll know it's the truth..JMHO..

Most of the time, it takes a lot less than murder, to cause couples to divorce. I don't think Lindsey left him because he's a murderer, (I don't think she knows), but I do think her suspicions, (& her family's), played a part. When Tommy was arrested for theft, (I think), Lindsey gave an interview about Haleigh. But even though the interview was about Haleigh, & Tommy being questioned about Haleigh, Lindsey threw in there, that she wished her husband was home with her. & then again, in an early jail tape, she told Tommy, in a very quivery voice, that she needed him home, so he could take care of her. or some such nonsense. So, I think Lindsey thinks she needs a man around, & isn't willing to wait. I wouldn't be surprised if she picked another man, just like Tommy...although that would be impossible, but you get my point. I see stupid girls go for the same type over & over. I guess they get addicted to the high points, & all of the drama.
I see your point and those things do happen. Altho do we know that is what Lindsay is doing? (with whom she's making a home/ relationship now?) I'e seen some young women make a mistake, finally extricate themselves, say, "never again" and go in the opposite direction from the previous husband and lifestyle, thank God.

But also, some get into a repetitive cycle, as you mentioned. I just dont know which way Lindsay went, so since I dont know, I want to give her the benefit of the doubt for her sake and the kids.

moo

If she blames herself, Ron & Tommy, I'll believe her. They all had something to do with it, IMO, & I won't be satisfied if 1 of them emerges blameless. Also, her story needs to answer more questions than who dun it & where's the body. She needs to explain all of their actions. Call me a glutton for punishment, but, yes, I'll believe Misty if the story makes sense.

If she tells the truth then it will line up with all the long ongoing investigation. If she lies again......it will not, and will be just another spin she constantly has weaved.

So who she blames.. if she is telling the truth... will be who the investigators all along have suspected. IMO, that is solely Misty and Tommy and maybe Joe if he rode with Tommy or Timmy. All the alibis, time lines, cell phone records... will fall into place if Misty tells the truth. Everything should fit like a glove.

I don't have to have "my" personal suspects thrown in there though just to satisfy that I am right or that my own personal biases are satisfied.

If it is not Tommy and Misty then whomever it is I pray that justice will finally come to a little girl that did not deserve any of this.

However; from the very beginning these two have been in the hot seat, and I think there is a very logical reason for that. Where no deals were offered to these two. I think LE and the DA are sick and tired of these two pathological liars who thinks more of themselves than telling where a little girl's remains are so she can be given a proper burial with dignity.

I don't want anyone arrested that was not involved in Haleigh's homicide but I do want the ones who were there and participated and covered it up to get the harshest punishment allowable.

IMO

if I were 18 and faced with 240 years for drugs and the police were continually pressuring me trying to get me to confess(which i think they are) by saying things like it was an accident right? we dont think your a bad person you just lost your temper, spanked her to hard whatever. you will get less time just tell us what happened. I might think twice about telling them fine your right thats what happened and I was scared and threw her in the river. because I think otherwise she will spend the rest of her life in jail.

if I were 18 and faced with 240 years for drugs and the police were continually pressuring me trying to get me to confess(which i think they are) by saying things like it was an accident right? we dont think your a bad person you just lost your temper, spanked her to hard whatever. you will get less time just tell us what happened. I might think twice about telling them fine your right thats what happened and I was scared and threw her in the river. because I think otherwise she will spend the rest of her life in jail.

IMHO..IF they are attempting to coerce her into admitting something she did not do her attorney needs to put an end to those tactics. If he won't do it, an outside agency needs to be brought in to investigate LE....I wouldn't be surprised to learn this is already being done, considering Misty as well as tommy have both revealed LE doesn't seem to be interested in hearing anything either of them have to say about Ronald Cummings.... Ironic LE has jumped on ALL the LIES they have told though and revealed that information to the public.....JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcameo6