2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know that i don't have many posts, but i have been following this case since the begining. I would like to see some one start a thread/poll on if misty now confesses will you believe her? personally I wiil not. I think a confession now would be the result of her facing sooo many years on the drug charges as opposed to what i think she would recieve if she lied and said it was a terrible accident and she was scared.

Sorry I didn't know where to post this.

If Misty were to implicate herself and/or have hard evidence to back up what she says, I would believe her. If she's just giving another finger-pointing story where she's an innocent victim, unless she has proof to back it up, not a chance.

There will be some who refuse to believe Misty if she leads them to Haleigh's body and produces a video of what happened that night.

Well...it depends on what she says. I would need a video to believe she was innocent, especially if she leads them to Haleigh's body.:cool:

IMHO.. Haleigh's life was snuffed out by her father on February 9, 2009, but her light will continue to shine forever..
None of us can bring Haleigh back, and to be honest I'm not even interested in seeing Ronald Cummings spend the next 15 years behind bars for selling drugs.
All I'm interested in is the truth being revealed and he and his family being held responsible for the lies they have told and the underhanded manipulative tactics they have used to deflect the truth and set up other people to take the fall...
Not to mention the HELL they have put Crystal and her family through by ALL the lies they have told....The TRUTH needs to come out NOW....Anything but the truth is a disgrace to Haleigh's memory...And these people claim they loved her? I don't think so... If they truly loved Haleigh they wouldn't have lied to her mother, keep her in the dark about what happened just to save their OWN rear ends....JMHO..

You know Em, it's Monday and I've been sitting here at my desk tapping my foot. The wait on this case, on finding Haleigh and uncovering what happened to her, reached a point today where I found myself being very impatient and sad.
And then...I came across this post of yours. For what it is worth, you put some sunshine in my life and eased my anticipation just by the words you've written here.
I'm sure when you awoke this morning you had no idea you would bring me the reassurance I needed. But you have. Very simply - thank you for that. ;)

Bathbuddys, I have no way of knowing what is in Lindsay's head and heart. So, I would have to guess as to her motives to divorce Tommy and leave him. He's going to be in jail a long time, and when he's released he has a large fine to pay. Maybe she's one of those women who does not want to wait for a man with that kind of future. I know I would have to think long and hard if I were young and in that situation with my husband.

She may have taken into consideration what is best for her children and her own welfare and decided to find another lifestyle.

As for not being heard from or seen, Lindsay may be laying low so as to not be lumped in with the Croslin family.

Or, maybe it could be she knows too much about what happened to Haleigh and for self-preservation she's staying far away as possible.
Like I said, it's all guess on my part.

I've also read a few places that Lindsy's parents pushed her pretty hard to divorce Tommy, or they would no longer help her. Since she obviously needed their help, she really had no choice. She's young... family can sometimes use intimidation when they think they know best. I know... I was in that position years ago myself, with 2 little boys to support and no one to depend on BUT my family. They influenced a lot of my decisions, and not all of them I was in total agreement with, but I had no choice at the time.

IMHO..IF they are attempting to coerce her into admitting something she did not do her attorney needs to put an end to those tactics. If he won't do it, an outside agency needs to be brought in to investigate LE....I wouldn't be surprised to learn this is already being done, considering Misty as well as tommy have both revealed LE doesn't seem to be interested in hearing anything either of them have to say about Ronald Cummings.... Ironic LE has jumped on ALL the LIES they have told though and revealed that information to the public.....JMHO
I hope LE isn't doing that.... I get the impression that they've worn her down, & now they're telling her to stand up for herself, & to not go down for anybody. Ron or Tommy. even if she was involved too, maybe LE is convincing her that shouldering all the blame, isn't right.

I don't know why it's so difficult to see how that could happen. You're looking at it from YOUR point of view which is she and Tommy are responsible for Haleigh's demise. I am looking at it from MY point of view that she's been lying to cover for someone else all this time. She's already looking at 25 years and COULD be looking at a possible 240 years and we all know LE can make any kind of deals they want to in order to come to certain resolutions in many cases, so it shouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that she could see far less time by telling the truth as opposed to not doing so.

Thank you, excellent post! My view entirely too. Just watched JVM and saw where a man threw gasoline on a womans head and set her on fire and he can get out of jail in 15 years. Amazing isn't it? And Misty is suppose to serve 25 years for selling prescription pills to an undercover cop??????? :waitasec:

IMHO..IF they are attempting to coerce her into admitting something she did not do her attorney needs to put an end to those tactics. If he won't do it, an outside agency needs to be brought in to investigate LE....I wouldn't be surprised to learn this is already being done, considering Misty as well as tommy have both revealed LE doesn't seem to be interested in hearing anything either of them have to say about Ronald Cummings.... Ironic LE has jumped on ALL the LIES they have told though and revealed that information to the public.....JMHO

Emeralgem, I would not be surprised to learn that an outside agency has been called in to interview both Misty and Tommy to ensure that coercion wasn't used to fabricate the stories that Tommy and Misty have told. Both made the comment that the story told was what LE wanted to hear and that they would not hear nor consider anything about Ron. If this is what is happening, I say it's about dang time.

ETA: Tommy did complain about how he was treated and the conditions of his cell and Misty did say that she was writing the governor............LOL. Of course they are suppose to be prisoners, I'm not saying that there was any merit to their complaints but maybe the SA decided to investigate what is going on down there, imagine that?

I don't think that the attorneys involved with this case have the cojones to go up against this Law Enforcement Agency. At least at this point I have not seen any of them use them if they have them.

No one can make her tell the truth though. She IS in control when it comes to that.

IMO

But, if Misty tells the truth and LE turns a deaf ear because it doesn't fit "their" story and it might embarrass them, then she still doesn't have control and I don't put much faith into her legal counsel either.

Just saw this in my email:

The inmate for whom you registered, MISTY CUMMINGS with offender number SJSO10MNI002273, is no longer in the custody of the ST. JOHNS COUNTY JAIL as of 10/20/2010.

She's going to prison. Will update asap.

Offender Name: MISTY J CUMMINGS
Offender ID: V36472 Date of Birth: 12/09/1991 Age: 18 Custody Status: In Custody Scheduled Release Date: Location of Offender: Lowell Annex Race: White Gender: Female

Well...it depends on what she says. I would need a video to believe she was innocent, especially if she leads them to Haleigh's body.:cool:

I agree. None of what any of them has said about what supposedly happened makes any sense to those of us who have been following this case from the beginning. Each story told leads us to say "well, what about this..." and "what about that?" Each story brings up more questions than answers. If anyone of them would tell a story that makes us think "Ohhhhhh, now it all makes sense!", then we would believe whoever told that story.

I really can't tell about her demeanor by this snapshot..she doesnt' look sad...or scared, maybe indifferent is the word.
I just wish she would talk.

Misty's latest docket entries

10/19/2010 ORDER GRANTING CONTINUANCE OF SENTENCING HEARING
10/22/2010 NOTICE TO STATE ATTORNEY (01-10-2011)
10/22/2010 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (01-10-2011)
10/22/2010 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (01-10-2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member