Misty gets 25 years - Are you happy with the St. John's verdict? ***POLL***

Are you satisfied with the St. John's verdict?

• Yes, justice was served.

Votes: 75 25.8%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because of the drug charges

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because Haleigh is still missing

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • No, I think she should have had a lighter sentence because of her upbringing

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • No, MC should have received the same or lesser sentence than RC.

Votes: 128 44.0%
  • other, I believe that Misty will get her judgement when it is due

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • No. She should have gotten YO given CR testimonies

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it as insinuating anything... there are people on here, myself included, who are just exploring the possibility that Ronald is involved. Some are more sure of it than others. For myself, I'm just examining why he has acted the way he has and done the things that he has done. He's made himself look guilty of something in the eyes of a whole-lotta people... I think it's only right to look very closely at how Ronald "may" have something to do with his own daughter's disappearance.

I just wish LE would do the right thing and look very closely at how Ronald Cummings "may" have something to do with his own daughter's disappearance ..Thus far they seem to have totaly overlooked any involvement on his part and haven't applied any pressure to Ronald Cummings or anyone in his family...JMHO..

LE also said that they are satisfied with both Misty's and Ron's LDTs in the same sentence. I think we have to be very careful interpreting LE double speak. What we do know is that LE have played the HaLeigh case VERY close to the chest and they have revealed very little. What little they have revealed is open to interpretation.

Having said that, while Ron was in work at times during the night in question we have a LOT of questions about, as follows:

1. When Ron actually started work. Shoemaker claims Ron went in 45 minutes early. Chelsea states Ron went in later than normal since he picked up HaLeigh. Who knows? We know the math does not work for an 8-hour shift if Ron normally finished at midnight.

2. When Ron finished work. We are told that Ron worked 3 hours overtime finishing at 3am, then stopping by the store before arriving home and calling 911. BUT it is reported that LE asked Ron why it took him so long to get home?

3. If Ron was in work all shift. There are lots of questions given the drama between Misty and Ron, the high volume of calls and contacts and, discussion on lax rules at PDM before this incident.

Just because LE state that they are satisfied with Ron's alibi and that he was at work does not qualify what LE have really found out ... IMO they will not share anything until an indictment is made.

We do know that Ron went to work and was at work, whether that alibi is 100% solid we have no clue. So ... there are many many questions about Ron's work shift and so ... in my mind ... it is questionable.

Cyberborg, while I generally agree with you that there are questions about Ron's work hours, I have to put in my two cents about Number 2 above. It's one of those instances of a statement being taken out of context so many times that it becomes misstated as fact.

The information comes from Ron himself in the taped conversation with Cobra. As far as I know, Ron is the sole source of the information, as I’ve never seen a report of discussion between LE and Ron about his travel time from work that doesn’t come from this tape.

FWIW, this is my interpretation of Ron’s statement to Cobra. My comments are in red.

(From Nomoresorrow’s transcription here at Websleuths. I’ve listened to the tape, and NMS’s words are pretty accurate. I’ve edited only for punctuation and capitalization. The following exchange starts about 8:00 minutes or so into the tape.)

Ron: At 3:26 is when the 911 call was made. So, I must have pulled in at about 3:23. They also have ummm surveilance videos from the top of the
hill where it goes from two lanes to 4 lanes…

The cameras recorded him at the top of the hill. LE knows what time he was there.

They asked me if I was there what took me so long to get home?

LE questioned why it took him so long to get from the top of the hill to home.

I said I stopped at the store…
[Well what store?] I told em.
[Well what did you buy?] I said, I bought
a pack of basic lights in a box, I bought a pack of Newport shorts in a box, I bought a pack of honey roasted peanuts, I bought a pack of salted peanuts, and I bought a 30 ounce Budweiser in a bottle.

Ron explains that it took him extra time to drive from the top of the hill to home because he stopped at the store.

The conversation continues:

Cobra: Sounds like a normal f`n man coming from work.

Ron: Guess what? They went on pulled the tapes, guess what they found?

Cobra: All of the above!

Ron: Now they said, well how the *advertiser censored*** did you get home from this amount of time to this amount of time… Well because I drive like a cracker ready to get home from work!

After hearing that he stopped at the store, LE is surprised that he made it home from work so quickly.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Revisiting the cobra & ronald tapes

[FONT=&amp]
Ron tells Cobra what time he arrives home, but omits what time he left work. Since LE is surprised that he left work, stopped at the store, and was home by 3:23 (which we know by the 911 call is true), we can safely assume that he reported his departure time to be approximately 3:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter. LE might know differently, but if Ron's account of the conversation is true, their statements were based on that timeline, 3-3:23 a.m.
[/FONT]

Respectfully snipped...

[FONT=&quot]
Ron tells Cobra what time he arrives home, but omits what time he left work. Since LE is surprised that he left work, stopped at the store, and was home by 3:23 (which we know by the 911 call is true), we can safely assume that he reported his departure time to be approximately 3:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter. LE might know differently, but if Ron's account of the conversation is true, their statements were based on that timeline, 3-3:23 a.m.
[/FONT]

Thanks for your well-researched and thoughful post. :clap: :clap:

My problem is, we are making a big assumption that Ron left at 3 am or shortly thereafter. It just does not compute in my mind. Sorry.

1. If Ron "clocked out" at 3 am then it takes 'time' to walk from the location of the time clock to his car. Assume ~5 mins.

2. Ron's drive home door-to-door is 16.6 miles and takes ~25 mins according to Google maps.

3. Ron stops at the store and purchases some goodies that he has to locate, select and, pay for. Assume ~10 mins.

4. Ron still arrives home at 3:23 am!!!!!!!

We can safely assume Ron drove quick on the highway part since there was no traffic but he still had to cover the distance with the stop. Ron took only 23 minutes to arrive home from the time clock but given the goody stop only had about ~8 minutes of drive time? :waitasec:

IMO LE was very skeptical about Ron's timeline so we cannot take it to the bank that Ron clocked out at 3 am.

Ron could have been staged ready to go, since his reaction time from arriving home (3:23 am) to making the 911 call (3:26 am) was done without any parallel search of the MH or neighborhood. They jointly called 911 but did not cooperate in providing much needed details, instead seeding the 'stole' and she is 'gone' assumption.

Hinky, hinky, hinky.

My post was meant only to clarify the assumption that LE questioned Ron why it took him so long to get home from work. It wasn't intended to prove that he left work at 3 a.m. because we still lack the facts to say that's true.

ETA: I feel it's important to point this out because time and time again posters will argue that Ron left work before 3:00 a.m., and to support the argument they say: "LE asked Ron why it took him so long to get home", based on a third, fourth, or fifth generation version of the Cobra tapes.

If someone can make a legitimate argument, based on fact, that Ron left work earlier than about 3:00 a.m., I'm all ears. Personally, I haven't seen any facts that support such an argument.

Cyberborg, while I generally agree with you that there are questions about Ron's work hours, I have to put in my two cents about Number 2 above. It's one of those instances of a statement being taken out of context so many times that it becomes misstated as fact.

The information comes from Ron himself in the taped conversation with Cobra. As far as I know, Ron is the sole source of the information, as I’ve never seen a report of discussion between LE and Ron about his travel time from work that doesn’t come from this tape.

FWIW, this is my interpretation of Ron’s statement to Cobra. My comments are in red.

(From Nomoresorrow’s transcription here at Websleuths. I’ve listened to the tape, and NMS’s words are pretty accurate. I’ve edited only for punctuation and capitalization. The following exchange starts about 8:00 minutes or so into the tape.)

Ron: At 3:26 is when the 911 call was made. So, I must have pulled in at about 3:23. They also have ummm surveilance videos from the top of the

The cameras recorded him at the top of the hill. LE knows what time he was there.

a pack of basic lights in a box, I bought a pack of Newport shorts in a box, I bought a pack of honey roasted peanuts, I bought a pack of salted peanuts, and I bought a 30 ounce Budweiser in a bottle.

Ron explains that it took him extra time to drive from the top of the hill to home because he stopped at the store.

Ron: Now they said, well how the *advertiser censored*** did you get home from this amount of time to this amount of time… Well because I drive like a cracker ready to get home from work!

After hearing that he stopped at the store, LE is surprised that he made it home from work so quickly.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Revisiting the cobra & ronald tapes

[FONT=&quot]Ron tells Cobra what time he arrives home, but omits what time he left work. Since LE is surprised that he left work, stopped at the store, and was home by 3:23 (which we know by the 911 call is true), we can safely assume that he reported his departure time to be approximately 3:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter. LE might know differently, but if Ron's account of the conversation is true, their statements were based on that timeline, 3-3:23 a.m. [/FONT]

BBM
I needed to say more than thanks to this. Cyber high-five!

IMO, this is just one example of many instances of things being put out there, in this case completely out of context, that just makes things more confusing.

Anyway, thank you so much for clarifying this for me. You saved me a lot of time searching through all this to try to find out where that even came from.

Not a MSM article but .... sometimes locals are more accurate FWIW ...

Thank you for the information. However I have no idea if they were having trouble with the computer when they logged in on that particular night but since LE has said that they are satisfied with Ron's alibi it leads me to believe everything was working properly.

Also I saw photos of PDM and it shows the employee parking area is inside the gated locked area compound.

I would think vehicles would have to go in and out by the guard in the guard shack.

Do you perhaps have a link to where they asked Ron what took him so long to get home? My memory could be faulty but I thought they ask him how he got home so fast.

I know Ron made numerous calls. Once Art Harris was peddling 90 calls but then backed down on that on NGs show and said it was about 25 calls and he also said some of them were text messages.

If he did not talk to Misty after 8:30 but tried to reach her several times that wouldn't take but seconds to make each call.

I will continue to believe what LE has said unless they come out and change it and they said they are satisfied with his work alibi and that is good enough for me. I have no reason to believe they are lying because if they were IMO they would have asked for assistance establishing his whereabouts just like they did Misty.

IMO

Per Vinelink:

Offender Name: MISTY J CROSLIN
Offender ID: V36472
Date of Birth: 12/09/1991
Custody Status: In Custody
Scheduled Release Date: 03/10/2035
Location of Offender: Lowell Annex
Race: White

I do not have a dog in this fight but in the spirit of open-minded debate :crazy: with more questions than answers :waitasec: and ... very very few facts ... :innocent:

'Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat', i.e., the burden of proof rests on who asserts, not on who denies. As a skeptic ... I deny anyone is innocent. :twocents:

Thank you for the information. However I have no idea if they were having trouble with the computer when they logged in on that particular night but since LE has said that they are satisfied with Ron's alibi it leads me to believe everything was working properly.

Calls for speculation.

We don't know, from facts if there were problems with the computer that night so it is un-certain when/if Ron clocked in. At least we have pointers that there was no "fingerprint scanner" at that time. We are making some headway.

As stated upthread, LE also said they were satisfied with Misty's and Ron's LDT. We all saw how badly Misty did in the independent tests. We can choose to read that LE is satisfied with Ron's "alibi" many many ways since we don't know what time he needs an alibi for yet. LE are simply acknowledging what they have and will assess it when making indictments.

Also I saw photos of PDM and it shows the employee parking area is inside the gated locked area compound.

I would think vehicles would have to go in and out by the guard in the guard shack.

Maybe so. I'd assume late at night the guard is distracted, either watching TV or snoozing, I doubt he cares who is coming, especially going as long as you are a PDM employee. As the local stated, he is not the supervisor or timekeeper.

Do you perhaps have a link to where they asked Ron what took him so long to get home? My memory could be faulty but I thought they ask him how he got home so fast.

See the excellent researched post by Bessie and my response.

I know Ron made numerous calls. Once Art Harris was peddling 90 calls but then backed down on that on NGs show and said it was about 25 calls and he also said some of them were text messages.

If he did not talk to Misty after 8:30 but tried to reach her several times that wouldn't take but seconds to make each call.

Agreed. My concern is that it was an unusual night, to put it mildly with Misty just back after a 3-day binge, the discord between Ron and Misty, Misty NOT wanting to babysit, the big argument at 8:30, Ron trying to locate Misty and the kids, etc. If Ron had sneaked out in the past or worked flexible hours then this was THE night he would have sneaked home to catch Misty or check on the kids. It is NOT a night you'd work overtime AND stop by the store all casual. Toooooo slick and hinky IMO

I will continue to believe what LE has said unless they come out and change it and they said they are satisfied with his work alibi and that is good enough for me. I have no reason to believe they are lying because if they were IMO they would have asked for assistance establishing his whereabouts just like they did Misty.

BBM. It is a complete stretch to suggest that LE are/are not lying ... if your interpretation of their vague statements is / is not the accurate one. Nothing to do with lying. LE have a history of speaking in neutral tongues and you can take any statement and make it support any belief.

It is not what they have said but so much that they have not said, together with Ron being targetted in the drug sting and used to gain some cooperation.

LE have played any investigation into Ron VERY carefully and have come back months later to follow-up with Ron and Shoemaker on his timeline, so I seriously doubt if LE would appeal to the public and show their hand. They'd be busted in trying to covertly investigate Ron.

I respect your opinion but respectfully disagree.

IMO

I do not have a dog in this fight but in the spirit of open-minded debate :crazy: with more questions than answers :waitasec: and ... very very few facts ... :innocent:

'Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat', i.e., the burden of proof rests on who asserts, not on who denies. As a skeptic ... I deny anyone is innocent. :twocents:
Also, I found the Santos interview interesting when he was talking about LE's neutral style of dealing with Ron.

Also, I found the Santos interview interesting when he was talking about LE's neutral style of dealing with Ron.

Yes, Ron has some savvy when dealing with LE ... unlike Misty. Ron also has TN who worked in LE as a dispatcher (IIRC) and thus knows a lot of folks. TN also knows how LE operates and actively guides Ron.

LE have to be VERY careful in investigating anything connected to Ron's involvement or cover-up because he was at work for a part of the time in question and, Ron hasn't been very cooperative. They know something though that does not add up -- just the same way we see many signs of culpability.

LE scooped Ron up in the recent drug sting with a focus on gaining his cooperation and determining if he is a perp, an accessory or, an innocent.

We will not know for sure until charges are announced as to which category Ron falls into but ... it is illuminating that Ron was scooped up and not allowed to stay clear ... since it is a double whammy losing HaLeigh and now Jr. LE have Ron where they wanted him.

As a sidebar ... while it could be argued that we are flogging a dead horse and that consensus will never be reached unless LE tells all ... IMO this is very useful since we are having a useful discussion and surfacing good info and analysis on all sides. We are learning from the debate. Thanks everyone!!

As a sidebar ... while it could be argued that we are flogging a dead horse and that consensus will never be reached unless LE tells all ... IMO this is very useful since we are having a useful discussion and surfacing good info and analysis on all sides. We are learning from the debate. Thanks everyone!!

And we can't forget that Putnam County is not the only LE agency involved with this case. The sad fact is, IMO, that Putnam County had to do something to regain and assert their authority but only because they couldn't make heads or tails out of what was going on in the disappearance of Haleigh. They were trying to show the Satsuma bunch WHO was in control, but once everyone lawyered up they were not so intimidated anymore. That is one of the main reasons LE does not want to point a finger at a suspect at first, because then the lawyers step in. Then no one talks. This was a last effort tactic by LE, and that is MOO, to get the Satsuma bunch talking, and hey, its not over yet, it just may work. Something is going on there with the sentence delay. We shall see soon hopefully.

Ok.......so we both assume things.

LOL! Well yes, when I say "it leads me to believe" it is my own point of view. I am not privy to any inside information nor do I try to read tealeaves on things that have not been released.

But the DA has said in court that Tommy is a suspect and no one will convince me that Tommy had one one bit of loyalty to Ron Cummings of all people nor would he go down for him. So, IMO, yes I know, I know........I feel Misty and Tommy are the ones involved in Haleigh's case. If I am wrong then that doesn't matter one bit to me. Haleigh matters and I don't want biased justice for her but true justice where the real perpetrators are brought to justice and are punished to the highest extent the law will allow.

I'm sorry I don't know which excellent post of Bessie's that you are referring to and I don't know which post of yours is the response. I only come here 2-3 times a day and stay for a short time. I am very busy in my real life. Darn it.

While you may think that was the night that Ron would sneak out I still see nothing to substantiate that. That is also only an assumption on your part just like you say I assume, imo.

Nor do I believe LE has lied when they said Ron nor Crystal are suspects. I have found over the years LE doesn't say things publicly that can come back to haunt them later on.

Now if LE comes forth with new updated information about the characters in this case that will be a different matter and my opinion can definitely change.

But at this time I do not believe Ron left work. So I believe LE..and you don't. Well that is what message boards are all about.....exchanging opinions that don't have to mimic each other.

The time it would take him to sneak out, sneak his vehicle out, go the distance to his home, do whatever dastardly deeds some think he did, travel back to PDM, sneak his vehicle back in and himself and do it all sight unseen and not be missed the entire time it would take him to do all this..... seems beyond far fetched to me.

IMO

Yes, Ron has some savvy when dealing with LE ... unlike Misty. Ron also has TN who worked in LE as a dispatcher (IIRC) and thus knows a lot of folks. TN also knows how LE operates and actively guides Ron.

LE have to be VERY careful in investigating anything connected to Ron's involvement or cover-up because he was at work for a part of the time in question and, Ron hasn't been very cooperative. They know something though that does not add up -- just the same way we see many signs of culpability.

LE scooped Ron up in the recent drug sting with a focus on gaining his cooperation and determining if he is a perp, an accessory or, an innocent.

We will not know for sure until charges are announced as to which category Ron falls into but ... it is illuminating that Ron was scooped up and not allowed to stay clear ... since it is a double whammy losing HaLeigh and now Jr. LE have Ron where they wanted him.

I totally agree with you, cyberborg...IMO, LE has known all along that Ron had information that would help this case....right after Ron was "captured", LE went to him asking him about Haleigh....Ron stood firm and still denied having any information that could help the case....and then during the dock search...LE told us that "people" were starting to cooperate...in May, Shoemaker told us that he had been working on the plea deal for over a month....which would lead back to the time near the dock search....so IMO, Ron had just recently started talking and needed a plea deal to do so....

So I believe you when you say, we will not know for sure until charges are announced as to which category Ron falls into...We shall soon see.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
bumping for OBE

Thanks for your well-researched and thoughful post. :clap: :clap:

My problem is, we are making a big assumption that Ron left at 3 am or shortly thereafter. It just does not compute in my mind. Sorry.

1. If Ron "clocked out" at 3 am then it takes 'time' to walk from the location of the time clock to his car. Assume ~5 mins.

2. Ron's drive home door-to-door is 16.6 miles and takes ~25 mins according to Google maps.

3. Ron stops at the store and purchases some goodies that he has to locate, select and, pay for. Assume ~10 mins.

4. Ron still arrives home at 3:23 am!!!!!!!

We can safely assume Ron drove quick on the highway part since there was no traffic but he still had to cover the distance with the stop. Ron took only 23 minutes to arrive home from the time clock but given the goody stop only had about ~8 minutes of drive time? :waitasec:

IMO LE was very skeptical about Ron's timeline so we cannot take it to the bank that Ron clocked out at 3 am.

Ron could have been staged ready to go, since his reaction time from arriving home (3:23 am) to making the 911 call (3:26 am) was done without any parallel search of the MH or neighborhood. They jointly called 911 but did not cooperate in providing much needed details, instead seeding the 'stole' and she is 'gone' assumption.

Hinky, hinky, hinky.
And this one, too. ;)

LE has done their share of lying...One example that comes to mind is the Mondex search....LE said that it was a routine training exercise:waitasec:...then we later found out it was about Haleigh....

We have a lot of third party information in this case...the neighbors, Tim Miller, Cobra, the Sheffields, Kim P., the Croslins, the Cummings, just to name a few...

Third party information (def):

information concerning and/or pertaining to another person, group of persons or organization other than the person that made the request, and other than a government institution.

Some we believe...others we do not....in some cases, it's not the information that we question...it's the person relaying that information, KWIM? Nevertheless, it's still third party information..

bumping for OBE

Thanks bessie.

But I have also heard it said on Nancy Grace and Jane's show that they have verified it with their inside sources that LE is satisfied with Ron's work alibi.

I know I read somewhere that LE has said that neither Ron nor Crystal are suspects.

From your post. I don't see where Ron mentioned Crystal not being a suspect so I will have to look for that information elsewhere.

But thank you so much for bumping your post. I would have never found it. I dont have that much time to go through all of them. lol

IMO

LE has done their share of lying...One example that comes to mind is the Mondex search....LE said that it was a routine training exercise:waitasec:...then we later found out it was about Haleigh....

We have a lot of third party information in this case...the neighbors, Tim Miller, Cobra, the Sheffields, Kim P., the Croslins, the Cummings, just to name a few...

Third party information (def):

information concerning and/or pertaining to another person, group of persons or organization other than the person that made the request, and other than a government institution.

Some we believe...others we do not....in some cases, it's not the information that we question...it's the person relaying that information, KWIM? Nevertheless, it's still third party information..

Thats true.

BBM

Here is one by Art Harris

“We had two phone pings that show he never left the plant,” a lead law enforcement investigator on the case tells me in an exclusive interview. “There’s a cell tower that covers the plant and it hits when he gets there…We don’t have pings from any other tower” during his shift. “And we have people who saw him there throughout the night, as secondary backup.”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/27/exclusive-haleigh-cummings-dads-solid-alibi/

Thanks bessie.

But I have also heard it said on Nancy Grace and Jane's show that they have verified it with their inside sources that LE is satisfied with Ron's work alibi.

I know I read somewhere that LE has said that neither Ron nor Crystal are suspects.

From your post. I don't see where Ron mentioned Crystal not being a suspect so I will have to look for that information else where.

But thank you so much for bumping your post. I would have never found it. I dont have that much time to go through all of them. lol

IMO
You're right, LE has indicated on multiple occassions that they are satisfied that Ron was at work that night during the hours he claims to have been there. And PCSO stated in an official media release that Ron and Crystal are not suspects. So, I'm 98% inclined to agree with you that his work alibi checks out. And like you said earlier, PCSO has never made a plea for information on Ron's whereabouts that night. Because LE has not given specific times and we haven't seen PMD records, I maintain a tiny bit of doubt but not enough to make the argument that he left before 3am, and certainly not enough to argue that he sneaked out for awhile and returned to finish his shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22