Misty gets 25 years - Are you happy with the St. John's verdict? ***POLL***

Are you satisfied with the St. John's verdict?

• Yes, justice was served.

Votes: 75 25.8%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because of the drug charges

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because Haleigh is still missing

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • No, I think she should have had a lighter sentence because of her upbringing

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • No, MC should have received the same or lesser sentence than RC.

Votes: 128 44.0%
  • other, I believe that Misty will get her judgement when it is due

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • No. She should have gotten YO given CR testimonies

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped.

But at this time I do not believe Ron left work. So I believe LE..and you don't. Well that is what message boards are all about.....exchanging opinions that don't have to mimic each other.

IMO

Sigh. That's a strong and wrong assertion to make, that you believe LE and I don't. :banghead:

:waitasec: I went to great lengths to explain my rationale, i.e., the vague statements that LE make and how we all interpret them differently.

To observe that I interpret LE's statements and actions differently is quite fair commentary but to insinuate that you believe LE implies your post is correct and mine is not. They are both opinions based on interpretation.

We have discussed and learnt that ... after LE finally managed to get Ron back to the table to 'cooperate' that they probed his work hours and timeline further, with Shoemaker now present in August. Hmmmm. Satisfied?

I don't know what LE mean by they are satisfied by Ron's work hours or alibi. Either way I am at a complete loss to understand how LE can be satisfied with anyone's alibi since we don't know when HaLeigh died ... yet.

The spin stops here.

Respectfully snipped.

The time it would take him to sneak out, sneak his vehicle out, go the distance to his home, do whatever dastardly deeds some think he did, travel back to PDM, sneak his vehicle back in and himself and do it all sight unseen and not be missed the entire time it would take him to do all this..... seems beyond far fetched to me.

IMO

To play devil's advocate ... on the basis that Ron can clock out at 3 am, go to the store and, get home in ~23 minutes then I think it is very possible for Ron to sneak out during lunch and be involved in removing HaLeigh.

There was a car reported racing into the neighborhood in the early hours seeming to stop at the dumpster where cadaver dogs hit and raced off. Hmmm? Ron likes to race around.

Not that I buy into that particularly but it is possible. You cannot have it both ways though that Ron can get home in record time but cannot sneak out -- if he did.

Thats true.

BBM

Here is one by Art Harris

“We had two phone pings that show he never left the plant,” a lead law enforcement investigator on the case tells me in an exclusive interview. “There’s a cell tower that covers the plant and it hits when he gets there…We don’t have pings from any other tower” during his shift. “And we have people who saw him there throughout the night, as secondary backup.”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/27/exclusive-haleigh-cummings-dads-solid-alibi/

I'm confused as to where you are going with that...:waitasec:

Sooo...do you not consider this information third party because the source of this information "claimed" it came from LE? Or was this another example as to how LE lies in this case?

Even you admit you don't believe what you hear from Artharris. This was a source whom Art could not name...hmmm? So do we really know if this information is from someone in LE?

Sigh. That's a strong and wrong assertion to make, that you believe LE and I don't. :banghead:

:waitasec: I went to great lengths to explain my rationale, i.e., the vague statements that LE make and how we all interpret them differently.

To observe that I interpret LE's statements and actions differently is quite fair commentary but to insinuate that you believe LE implies your post is correct and mine is not. They are both opinions based on interpretation.

We have discussed and learnt that ... after LE finally managed to get Ron back to the table to 'cooperate' that they probed his work hours and timeline further, with Shoemaker now present in August. Hmmmm. Satisfied?

I don't know what LE mean by they are satisfied by Ron's work hours or alibi. Either way I am at a complete loss to understand how LE can be satisfied with anyone's alibi since we don't know when HaLeigh died ... yet.

The spin stops here.

BBM

Absolutely.

Thats true.

BBM

Here is one by Art Harris

“We had two phone pings that show he never left the plant,” a lead law enforcement investigator on the case tells me in an exclusive interview. “There’s a cell tower that covers the plant and it hits when he gets there…We don’t have pings from any other tower” during his shift. “And we have people who saw him there throughout the night, as secondary backup.”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/27/exclusive-haleigh-cummings-dads-solid-alibi/

IIRC we had a discussion on here about Ron's phone being missing and whether he had left it at work or turned it off. Based on the recent local Caylee Anthony case everyone and his puppy knows about cell phone pings. Just sayin ... :dance:

The spin stops here.

Sorry, I worded it wrong. I am tired and not firing on all eight cylnders, I guess.

IMO

I'm confused as to where you are going with that...:waitasec:

Sooo...do you not consider this information third party because the source of this information "claimed" it came from LE? Or was this another example as to how LE lies in this case?

Even you admit you don't believe what you hear from Artharris. This was a source whom Art could not name...hmmm? So do we really know if this information is from someone in LE?

No, third parties were mentioned and I just posted an example.

Thats all.

IMO

To play devil's advocate ... on the basis that Ron can clock out at 3 am, go to the store and, get home in ~23 minutes then I think it is very possible for Ron to sneak out during lunch and be involved in removing HaLeigh.

There was a car reported racing into the neighborhood in the early hours seeming to stop at the dumpster where cadaver dogs hit and raced off. Hmmm? Ron likes to race around.

Not that I buy into that particularly but it is possible. You cannot have it both ways though that Ron can get home in record time but cannot sneak out -- if he did.

I think he did have time to get home by 3;23 pm.

On Nancy's show it was stated it takes about 15 minutes to get to his place from work. Now I am sure that is 15 minutes going the speed limit. Since it was late I doubt the convenience store had any other customers so to buy 1 beer and cigs wouldn't take but a few minutes and as you said Ron likes to speed. I dont imagine at 3 in the morning there was much.. if any traffic... on the road.

imo

Per Vinelink:

Offender Name: MISTY J CROSLIN
Offender ID: V36472
Date of Birth: 12/09/1991
Custody Status: In Custody
Scheduled Release Date: 03/10/2035
Location of Offender: Lowell Annex
Race: White
I must be missing something here. Misty has already been sent to prison but, she is facing more court appearances (on similar drug charges) in Putnam County ? From what I have seen they usually wait until all charges are disposed of and then send the convicted to prison. Also, isn't her court date, in Putnam, in 2011 ? I wonder if they are dropping the Putnam Co. drug charges and if the 2011 court date is for another trial altogether ?

I think he did have time to get home by 3;23 pm.

On Nancy's show it was stated it takes about 15 minutes to get to his place from work. Now I am sure that is 15 minutes going the speed limit. Since it was late I doubt the convenience store had any other customers so to buy 1 beer and cigs wouldn't take but a few minutes and as you said Ron likes to speed. I dont imagine at 3 in the morning there was much.. if any traffic... on the road.

imo

So ... that being said ... my point was that Ron did have the means and the opportunity to sneak home quickly ... and he had a motive that night.

Quod erat demonstratum :innocent:

So ... that being said ... my point was that Ron did have the means and the opportunity to sneak home quickly ... and he had a motive that night.

OBE's posts pales considerably as a demonstration of your point, Cyberborg. It only shows that Ron could have made it back and forth to work in 30 minutes. It does not explain his departure being undetected by guards or cameras, nor does it explain Ron being missed by co-workers and/or his supervisor.

I doubt Ron sneaked out of work & then went back, but anything's possible. If he wasn't caught using the phone so much, I guess it's safe to say he might've left & come back undetected. But when Kim P said that Ron hadn't been upfront about his work hours, I interpreted it as either him arriving or leaving at a different time.

OBE's posts pales considerably as a demonstration of your point, Cyberborg. It only shows that Ron could have made it back and forth to work in 30 minutes. It does not explain his departure being undetected by guards or cameras, nor does it explain Ron being missed by co-workers and/or his supervisor.

I agree ... although it was posted upthread that there is only one guard and the cameras are primarily in the shops. I was just teasing, mea culpa. :blushing:

Chelsea stated that Ron was late for work that day, which she said is not normal.

My latin is very very rusty.

Point noted. lol

So it probably would take him 15-18 minutes to get home but he also had to find the right time to sneak away and take his vehicle out of the inside employee area before he left.

How long do you figure it would take him to do whatever once arriving home (speculating he went home of course) and then go back to PDM sneak back in and and get back to his work detail without being missed?

But it is also very possible that the person or persons did not have to come any distance at all. Misty says she was in the home that night at the time that Haleigh went missing and Tommy didn't live far from her. So they also had means, opportunity and motive.

IMO

thank-you for explaining.
Personally, I think her postponement in PC is of great importance, IMHO,
I believe the Grand Jury is involved. Haven't heard anything..nor do I know anything, but when they are meeting, it takes months...my husband served before, his was twice a month, sometimes three times a month.
If this is not the case, I can't imagine why it was pushed back three months.

I respectfully disagree with you and others who believe a sentencing delay must mean something. Hearings get delayed all the time - she's been sentenced to prison, this addtional sentence should be concurrent with her first one, big deal (to the system) if that sentence occurs now or 10 years from now.

However, I hope hope hope that something breaks soon. I want all the pieces to fit together and see the big picture about what happened that week in February.

Further, I am of the opinion that if any of their attornies could PROVE that they way the system dealt with them on their drug charges had anything to do with another crime then that attorney would have grounds to have their drug charges dismissed. Our judicial system says that we are judged on the facts surrounding what we are being charged with, not prior bad acts etc. (I know that prior bad acts can be evidence in a trial, but there are very specific rules for that.)

Just my humble opinions.

I respectfully disagree with you and others who believe a sentencing delay must mean something. Hearings get delayed all the time - she's been sentenced to prison, this addtional sentence should be concurrent with her first one, big deal (to the system) if that sentence occurs now or 10 years from now.

However, I hope hope hope that something breaks soon. I want all the pieces to fit together and see the big picture about what happened that week in February.

Further, I am of the opinion that if any of their attornies could PROVE that they way the system dealt with them on their drug charges had anything to do with another crime then that attorney would have grounds to have their drug charges dismissed. Our judicial system says that we are judged on the facts surrounding what we are being charged with, not prior bad acts etc. (I know that prior bad acts can be evidence in a trial, but there are very specific rules for that.)

Just my humble opinions.

I am not sure there would be a case for prior bad acts figuring in for any of these perps. That is mostly a rule for trial...and none of this bunch went to trial. Where priors can be considered is in sentencing. And it appears as though they were considered for that. I do question, however, how appropriate it was, at least in Tommy's case, for the SA in court to call Tommy a "suspect" in another crime. Again, since this happened during sentencing and not during a trial, it might be appropriate...but I see it as fuel that should not have been added to that particular fire.

All JMO.

Just my humble opinions.

BBM. Agreed -- that's common sense though. My common sense went out of the window when I first followed this case -- all that is left is hope. Hope for justice for HaLeigh.

I am hoping that these folks, at least someone is human with human emotions and a conscience. I know that drugs can basically numb that ... as will a 25-year sentence once you get into it.

Something has to give so here is hoping that it is in 2010 ... although I am o.k. with a win-win in 2011 with justice for Caylee and HaLeigh.

from reading about these prisons, it looks like if Misty stays here, she can take advantage of some better yourself programs.. Ron, it seems doesn't have many options. From the people I've talked to who have served time, the education programs are hard to get into, & people who think they're open to everyone, are mistaken. I don't understand how the same state can be so wishy washy from prison to prison. I'd think they'd be very similar as far as education, vocation, & counseling. not so. & why in the world would they offer fashion design? big demand for designer clothes in the big house? maybe they want to sell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmdexcavation