Misty gets 25 years - Are you happy with the St. John's verdict? ***POLL***

Are you satisfied with the St. John's verdict?

• Yes, justice was served.

Votes: 75 25.8%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because of the drug charges

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because Haleigh is still missing

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • No, I think she should have had a lighter sentence because of her upbringing

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • No, MC should have received the same or lesser sentence than RC.

Votes: 128 44.0%
  • other, I believe that Misty will get her judgement when it is due

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • No. She should have gotten YO given CR testimonies

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for explaining that, crackerjacks. LOL

So Misty is off to prison...now? So LE is finish with her? Is this what that means?

LE are not finished with Misty. They can get to her in prison just as easily as anywhere else...easier maybe! Should there be a need, county personnel will pay Misty a visit.

So Misty is off to prison...now? So LE is finish with her? Is this what that means?

She still has to be sentenced for the Putnam Co. charges that have been postponed until 2011.

All prisoners go through an intake process. In Florida they call that area the reception and medical area. It's a specific facility (or portion of a prison) where the person gets a full medical/dental/mental health check-up and, based on things that may be found during those checks, the prisoner's final placement is determined.

In Lowell, the Annex is not just a reception area; it has facilities to house prisoners, and also houses women on death row. Misty will either stay in the Annex or go to the Correctional Institution; reception/check-in is usually around a one week stay. The Annex and the C.I. are separate areas of the same prison (Lowell). Or....she could be sent out to another women's prison.

Her photo should come available to us as soon as DOC website updates their online info. We might get a glimpse into what Misty is thinking, from that photo.

thank-you for explaining.
Personally, I think her postponement in PC is of great importance, IMHO,
I believe the Grand Jury is involved. Haven't heard anything..nor do I know anything, but when they are meeting, it takes months...my husband served before, his was twice a month, sometimes three times a month.
If this is not the case, I can't imagine why it was pushed back three months.

thank-you for explaining.
Personally, I think her postponement in PC is of great importance, IMHO,
I believe the Grand Jury is involved. Haven't heard anything..nor do I know anything, but when they are meeting, it takes months...my husband served before, his was twice a month, sometimes three times a month.
If this is not the case, I can't imagine why it was pushed back three months.

I agree. At least I want to think so. With Tommy being returned to prison one day and Misty moved the following day, I have hope that something is brewing.

I agree. At least I want to think so. With Tommy being returned to prison one day and Misty moved the following day, I have hope that something is brewing.

Please pass a glass of hope over to me because I have little hope of anything happening that will bring true justice in reference to the truth being revealed from anyone in LE concerning Haleigh's case...

You did not offend me djdj and there is no need to apologize. I am a very easygoing laid back person who has been on message boards for many years. I don't have thin skin.

I can only go by what has been released for none of us knows what LE knows. LE has never mentioned Ron dealing drugs when Haleigh disappeared nor was he ever arrested for dealing drugs back then. So I have no reason to believe he was nor do I have anything to base it on. IMO he was randomly drug tested when he was employed at PDM so I don't think he was even using drugs right before Haleigh went missing.

If you or anyone else believes he was dealing then of course you are entitled to those opinions but I am still entitled to mine.

As far as me saying "I highly doubt" well I just don't have a clue why that would upset you since that was my opinion.:waitasec:

Anyone that has posted here with me for 6 years knows full well I do not try to mislead anyone.

IMO

I'm not upset, It's just a little annoying to read posts that use investigative verbage such as "no evidence" to describe an opinion. It's true we, being the public, have not heard that Ron made a drug deal the night of Haleigh's disappearance, but that does not mean there is no evidence. I suppose I should have assumed you were using "no evidence" as a figure of speech and not in the literal sense: the result of an investigation. So, I guess it just boils down to how you use your words... IMO, you used them to give more validity to the point you were trying to make... which can be misleading.

Cyberborg summed up my "beef", for lack of a better word, perfectly... with "we post with such passion, that opinions come across as fact." (paraphrasing)

Please pass a glass of hope over to me because I have little hope of anything happening that will bring true justice in reference to the truth being revealed from anyone in LE concerning Haleigh's case...

If Misty's Putnam sentencing had not been pushed out three months, I would have no hope. There has to be a reason for it to be delayed that long. At least, that's what I want to think. Some days I am less patient and on those days I am easily frustrated and of a mind that the drug sentences are to be Haleigh's justice. It's not a good trade-off, IMO...but at least they are off the streets for awhile. We will see, though, for how long. I see some changes coming in FL re mandatory sentences; we could see all these perps' sentences commuted at some point. And then where is Haleigh's justice??

Good morning Baznme!

It is? I thought LE has said that they are satisfied with Ron's work alibi? If so, how can that be questionable? After all they are the ones that must be satisfied and not outsiders. I have never heard about LE asking the public about Ron's whereabouts like they did Misty.

I must have missed where it has been substantiated that fingerprint scanners were installed afterward at PDM. Do you have a MSM article I can read about that because I have never seen one that I can recall.

I don't believe LE would declare Haleigh's case a homicide based on no evidence to support it.

I think there is some misunderstanding somewhere Baznme. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything nor change their opinions on how they see things. I respect everyone's opinions and understand what they base their theories on. I am just posting MY point of view as I see it.

Again, Ron had not been arrested for years on drug charges before Haleigh went missing and when he gained and retained custody of his children. So while it doesn't convince you that he wasnt doing drugs ........it doesn't convince me that he was. Just a difference of opinion.

Well unfortunately I can relate to the abuse aspect. I was grossly abused by my alcoholic father all my childhood until I left home at age 18 and then I made a mistake and married another insanely jealous abuser for 10 years. He was just plain mean, violent and fanatically obsessive. He didn't drink and he didn't do drugs.

However really what happened to me in the past has nothing to do with the case and I never let my own personal biases enter into cases that I follow. That is just the way I do it though and I do understand why it can enter the minds of others.

IMO

I have chosen not to respond to your post.

It does make me wonder if Misty has not cracked at all yet or shared any new info and the DA is just allowing her to stew for 3 months over the Holiday period.

Respectfully snipped.

I must have missed where it has been substantiated that fingerprint scanners were installed afterward at PDM. Do you have a MSM article I can read about that because I have never seen one that I can recall.

IMO

Not a MSM article but .... sometimes locals are more accurate FWIW ...

"The clock in system that they have for employees NOW is a whole lot different than what they had back in February!!!! Now they have a laser time card where you have to insert the last four digits of your S.S. # and then SCAN your entire hand. Quite sophisticated stuff NOW. However....back in February, they had a time card that was done on the computer and it DID NOT ALWAYS WORK. It was common for workers to have to go back and 'clock' in when the computer was back up and running or to have co-workers do it for them, if they were busy. I asked if it was possible back then for workers to slip in or out and he quickly said, "oh yeah, no problem, guys did it all the time." There is parking that isn't within the gated/guard area, down by heavy fabrication, but not many people use that area to park in.

There is ONE guard on duty. They stay in the guard shack and only check to make sure that you are an employee of PDM. They don't check bags going in to the plant or going out. That is all that they do. There are lots of surveilance cameras all over the place, but for the most part, they're located towards the front of the plant, like where the admin/office is located and entrances areas, with lots of 'blind areas'. There are cameras inside the fabrication buildings, to fight off theft, he said.

HOWEVER, out in the yard, there are few cameras there and in the back, North 40, which is what they call the area of the yard that RC worked in, driving a crane and MOSTLY a forklift. This area is dark at night. Pitchblack dark and no lighting in area. He said the parking lot that is fenced and guarded is lit near the front where the guard shack is located. However it is pretty dark further back, towards the northend of parking lot...AND it is accessible by anyone who is already within the plant/yard area WITHOUT having to go by the guard up front where one drives in and out. There are NO CAMERAS in the North 40/swamp wooded area and it is DARK there...he mentioned this more than once!

He clocked in at one of the two time clock locations...one is in Bay 1 heavy fabrication bldg. and the other is in Bay 2, paint, etc. I asked about the lunch time and he said that the yard crew got pretty much whatever they wanted, RC was part of the 'yard crew'. They could take 1 hour for lunch and no one would know...not like the guys who worked in the fab. buildings, where supervision was a little more stricter."

Respectfully snipped.

I thought LE has said that they are satisfied with Ron's work alibi? If so, how can that be questionable? After all they are the ones that must be satisfied and not outsiders. I have never heard about LE asking the public about Ron's whereabouts like they did Misty.

IMO

LE also said that they are satisfied with both Misty's and Ron's LDTs in the same sentence. I think we have to be very careful interpreting LE double speak. What we do know is that LE have played the HaLeigh case VERY close to the chest and they have revealed very little. What little they have revealed is open to interpretation.

Having said that, while Ron was in work at times during the night in question we have a LOT of questions about, as follows:

1. When Ron actually started work. Shoemaker claims Ron went in 45 minutes early. Chelsea states Ron went in later than normal since he picked up HaLeigh. Who knows? We know the math does not work for an 8-hour shift if Ron normally finished at midnight.

2. When Ron finished work. We are told that Ron worked 3 hours overtime finishing at 3am, then stopping by the store before arriving home and calling 911. BUT it is reported that LE asked Ron why it took him so long to get home?

3. If Ron was in work all shift. There are lots of questions given the drama between Misty and Ron, the high volume of calls and contacts and, discussion on lax rules at PDM before this incident.

Just because LE state that they are satisfied with Ron's alibi and that he was at work does not qualify what LE have really found out ... IMO they will not share anything until an indictment is made.

We do know that Ron went to work and was at work, whether that alibi is 100% solid we have no clue. So ... there are many many questions about Ron's work shift and so ... in my mind ... it is questionable.

(snip)

I thought LE has said that they are satisfied with Ron's work alibi? If so, how can that be questionable? After all they are the ones that must be satisfied and not outsiders. I have never heard about LE asking the public about Ron's whereabouts like they did Misty.

I don't believe LE would declare Haleigh's case a homicide based on no evidence to support it.

I think there is some misunderstanding somewhere Baznme. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything nor change their opinions on how they see things. I respect everyone's opinions and understand what they base their theories on. I am just posting MY point of view as I see it.

Again, Ron had not been arrested for years on drug charges before Haleigh went missing and when he gained and retained custody of his children. So while it doesn't convince you that he wasnt doing drugs ........it doesn't convince me that he was. Just a difference of opinion.

(snip)

color and bbm

It's my understanding that an alibi is a form of defense whereby someone attempts to prove that he or she was elsewhere when the crime in question was committed.

It's also my understanding that even tho LE may be "satisfied" with particular hours that Ron was at the work site, the comment that LE does not know WHEN whatever happened to Haleigh, happened, that - to me - addresses and calls into question the applicability of the term, "alibi" as it relates to Ron's presence at PDM. That is to say that what I inferred from LE's comments expressing doubt about the 3 am story as the time that Haleigh "went missing" is that whatever happened happened at some time prior.. as in -- perhaps at some time prior to 3 am... perhaps at some time prior to Ron's shift.

IOW, his being present at work during hours... whatever he claims... XYZ hours.. cannot serve as an "alibi" if the crime occurred at some different time other than what Ron and Misty claim on the 911 call, police report, interviews etc. And LE has questioned in the media the ACTUAL time of what really happened to Haleigh versus the reported time conveyed by her father and his underage live-in paramour's story.

As for his being granted custody of the kids, he told the judge that one of two adult relatives, Neves or Sykes, would be providing childcare. It seems logical to me that whoever was slated to provide childcare while the father is at work - particularly on a night shift - would indeed enter into the judge's decision about custody regarding the children's welfare and safety.

When this childcare plan was not forthcoming, for whatever reason, meaning Neves and Sykes full-time childcare duties (as described by Ron, promised, stated, alleged, choose a word...) when the original plans as conveyed to the judge by Ron did not commence as stated, it's my opinion that the judge should have been notified of the change in plans.

This change in plans consisted of childcare (that was stated to the judge to have been provided by adult relatives, Neves and/or Sykes) and is significant to me bc instead of adult relatives, the childcare was being provided by an underage live-in paramour... which would seem to me to have forced the judge to comtemplate the gravity or legal footing of the situation as it may relate to a stat rape type scenario.

The judge was not given the option of evaluating the situation as it actually transpired bc the judge was not notified of the change in plans... plans regarding childcare that no doubt played a role in his/her decision for custody.

moo

LE also said that they are satisfied with both Misty's and Ron's LDTs in the same sentence. I think we have to be very careful interpreting LE double speak. What we do know is that LE have played the HaLeigh case VERY close to the chest and they have revealed very little. What little they have revealed is open to interpretation.

Having said that, while Ron was in work at times during the night in question we have a LOT of questions about, as follows:

1. When Ron actually started work. Shoemaker claims Ron went in 45 minutes early. Chelsea states Ron went in later than normal since he picked up HaLeigh. Who knows? We know the math does not work for an 8-hour shift if Ron normally finished at midnight.

2. When Ron finished work. We are told that Ron worked 3 hours overtime finishing at 3am, then stopping by the store before arriving home and calling 911. BUT it is reported that LE asked Ron why it took him so long to get home?

3. If Ron was in work all shift. There are lots of questions given the drama between Misty and Ron, the high volume of calls and contacts and, discussion on lax rules at PDM before this incident.

Just because LE state that they are satisfied with Ron's alibi and that he was at work does not qualify what LE have really found out ... IMO they will not share anything until an indictment is made.

We do know that Ron went to work and was at work, whether that alibi is 100% solid we have no clue. So ... there are many many questions about Ron's work shift and so ... in my mind ... it is questionable.

good post, cyberborg...not to mention....Ron's attorney Shoemaker told us that in August of '09...LE was asking Ron about his work duties, etc...they still had questions about that so called "alibi" that Ron had...in August...6 months AFTER Haleigh disappeared. IMO, it doesn't take 6 months to check an alibi...IMO, LE has had problems with this "alibi" for a long time....but with no time of death they couldn't pinpoint when the crime actually occurred. Without a time of death, what was LE suppose to do?

color and bbm

It's my understanding that an alibi is a form of defense whereby someone attempts to prove that he or she was elsewhere when the crime in question was committed.

It's also my understanding that even tho LE may be "satisfied" with particular hours that Ron was at the work site, the comment that LE does not know WHEN whatever happened to Haleigh, happened, that - to me - addresses and calls into question the applicability of the term, "alibi" as it relates to Ron's presence at PDM. That is to say that what I inferred from LE's comments expressing doubt about the 3 am story as the time that Haleigh "went missing" is that whatever happened happened at some time prior.. as in -- perhaps at some time prior to 3 am... perhaps at some time prior to Ron's shift.

IOW, his being present at work during hours... whatever he claims... XYZ hours.. cannot serve as an "alibi" if the crime occurred at some different time other than what Ron and Misty claim on the 911 call, police report, interviews etc. And LE has questioned in the media the ACTUAL time of what really happened to Haleigh versus the reported time conveyed by her father and his underage live-in paramour's story.

As for his being granted custody of the kids, he told the judge that one of two adult relatives, Neves or Sykes, would be providing childcare. It seems logical to me that whoever was slated to provide childcare while the father is at work - particularly on a night shift - would indeed enter into the judge's decision about custody regarding the children's welfare and safety.

When this childcare plan was not forthcoming, for whatever reason, meaning Neves and Sykes full-time childcare duties (as described by Ron, promised, stated, alleged, choose a word...) when the original plans as conveyed to the judge by Ron did not commence as stated, it's my opinion that the judge should have been notified of the change in plans.

This change in plans consisted of childcare (that was stated to the judge to have been provided by adult relatives, Neves and/or Sykes) the change in plans is significant to me bc instead of adult relatives, the childcare was being provided by an underage live-in paramour... which would seem to me to have forced the judge to comtemplate the gravity or legal footing of the situation as it may relate to a stat rape type scenario.

The judge was not given the option of evaluating the situation as it actually transpired bc the judge was not notified of the change in plans... plans regarding childcare that no doubt played a role in his/her decision for custody.

moo

:clap::clap::clap:

The thanks button was not enough for your post, Kant...this post needed an AMEN!

thank you

color and bbm

This change in plans consisted of childcare (that was stated to the judge to have been provided by adult relatives, Neves and/or Sykes) the change in plans is significant to me bc instead of adult relatives, the childcare was being provided by an underage live-in paramour... which would seem to me to have forced the judge to comtemplate the gravity or legal footing of the situation as it may relate to a stat rape type scenario.

moo

Thanks. This is a critical 'reality check' on how/why Ron had custody of the kids and that it was not followed. It is also important to place this into the context that Misty had been missing. AWOL on a 3-day drug binge so the legal childcare duties were being performed by TN or GmaS at that time, quite obviously.

To 'dump' the kids onto Misty the very same day that she returns back to the MH but not only that, while there are still major issues and drama between Misty and Ron was VERY Very very irresponsible. A recipe for disaster!! Misty was not a responsible 'family' member. She was a kid. TN and GmaS shirked their responsbility at a critical point.

Where I am going with this is ... this IMO is at the heart of the matter and why the Cummings are involved, why they supported Misty so forcefully at first and, why they are very afraid Misty will talk.

Misty got 25 years to encourage her to spill the beans on the bad situ she was placed in that night and what happened. She has mixed emotions because the Cummings supported her, loved her, spoiled her and it is harder to throw 'her' new parents under the bus.

I can't figure out what people are insinuating about RC. That he strangled his daughter, and the creeps that were left in the trailer that night are covering for him ?? Why would they do that, and meanwhile point fingers at each other, but exclude him? Anyway, it does give me hope that a lot of people on here think it is significant that LE is holding off on the rest of MCs sentencing and moving TC to prison.

I can't figure out what people are insinuating about RC. That he strangled his daughter, and the creeps that were left in the trailer that night are covering for him ?? Why would they do that, and meanwhile point fingers at each other, but exclude him? Anyway, it does give me hope that a lot of people on here think it is significant that LE is holding off on the rest of MCs sentencing and moving TC to prison.

I don't see it as insinuating anything... there are people on here, myself included, who are just exploring the possibility that Ronald is involved. Some are more sure of it than others. For myself, I'm just examining why he has acted the way he has and done the things that he has done. He's made himself look guilty of something in the eyes of a whole-lotta people... I think it's only right to look very closely at how Ronald "may" have something to do with his own daughter's disappearance.

Thanks. This is a critical 'reality check' on how/why Ron had custody of the kids and that it was not followed. It is also important to place this into the context that Misty had been missing. AWOL on a 3-day drug binge so the legal childcare duties were being performed by TN or GmaS at that time, quite obviously.

To 'dump' the kids onto Misty the very same day that she returns back to the MH but not only that, while there are still major issues and drama between Misty and Ron was VERY Very very irresponsible. A recipe for disaster!! Misty was not a responsible 'family' member. She was a kid. TN and GmaS shirked their responsbility at a critical point.

Where I am going with this is ... this IMO is at the heart of the matter and why the Cummings are involved, why they supported Misty so forcefully at first and, why they are very afraid Misty will talk.

Misty got 25 years to encourage her to spill the beans on the bad situ she was placed in that night and what happened. She has mixed emotions because the Cummings supported her, loved her, spoiled her and it is harder to throw 'her' new parents under the bus.

Misty got 25 and who knows how many more before it's over, but IF Misty still believes for a second the Cummings ever really supported her or loved her she needs to break her denial because IF you look back it's evident the Cummings plan was never to support her, ONLY to cover for Ronald Cummings...JMHO

I don't see it as insinuating anything... there are people on here, myself included, who are just exploring the possibility that Ronald is involved. Some are more sure of it than others. For myself, I'm just examining why he has acted the way he has and done the things that he has done. He's made himself look guilty of something in the eyes of a whole-lotta people... I think it's only right to look very closely at how Ronald "may" have something to do with his own daughter's disappearance.

Completely agree!! Until the perps are indicted, the evidence presented in court and, a Jury verdict handed down I am going to question everyone.

:waitasec: Ron's actions have been very incriminating, whether that is part of a cover-up, a terrible accident by his hand or, something worse is still to be determined.

The very nature of WebSleuths is to explore and analyze the developing story as well as revisit prior statements and info in the new context. :dance:

Inquiring minds need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members