OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yup, it's time for another rundown of the extant theories so far, for luck on the new thread:

* disappeared voluntarily - all three
* were set up by landsellers - and killed for briefcase $$$
* were out to deal or buy drugs; transaction went way bad
* truck actually was placed where it was found & they disappeared, or died, earlier, elsewhere
* church folks aided their voluntary disappearance
* church folks killed them
* vendetta-killing by former friend
* stumbled upon meth lab/pot crop; things went south from there
* out for a walk and tumbled into old mine/oil shaft
* murders/suicide
* murder(s) by family member(s) or former family member(s)
* murder(s) by one of the missing Jamisons
* one shot accidentally by poacher; rest done away with to cover up the mistake
* got lost after not taking GPS on walk; couldn't find way back
* murders by landowners on mountain, not eager to have new company
* random murders by redneck Okies in the vicinity, hopped up on corn liquor and/or meth

What am I leaving out?

Of this entire group one jumps out at me, and that's a poacher mistook one of them for a deer, then killed the others to cover it up.

In my book, poachers are not hunters, they're poachers. They hunt out of season, cross fences they shouldn't cross, shoot over onto someone else's property, usually haven't purchased a hunting license, and have the attitude, "if it's brown, it's down." They don't look where they shoot, they don't wait to be certain of their target, and they don't follow state regulations and game limits.

Suddenly this scenario is looking quite strong to me. It's totally believeable, but IIRC the poachers were cleared. And yet it strikes me as not only a simple explanation, but also the most probable since we know the poachers encountered them, and were the last to see them alive.

Of this entire group one jumps out at me, and that's a poacher mistook one of them for a deer, then killed the others to cover it up.

In my book, poachers are not hunters, they're poachers. They hunt out of season, cross fences they shouldn't cross, shoot over onto someone else's property, usually haven't purchased a hunting license, and have the attitude, "if it's brown, it's down." They don't look where they shoot, they don't wait to be certain of their target, and they don't follow state regulations and game limits.

Suddenly this scenario is looking quite strong to me. It's totally believeable, but IIRC the poachers were cleared. And yet it strikes me as not only a simple explanation, but also the most probable since we know the poachers encountered them, and were the last to see them alive.
We do (times two)?

How was that established? Can we believe the word/testimony of poachers?

Pardon...I did do a marathon of reading the threads and had to skim and skip a bit due to sheer volume, but I missed this (or have forgotten it, I've slept since). ;)

And though I am intrigued by the Jamisons' story, some of what I read kinda did sound like they were doing drugs (especially meth) and that kinda 'splained a lot. Not that that makes them unworthy of being found safe somewhere, somehow. :)

Oriah, here's the pic you asked for. Pardon its sloppiness. I am using a very old paint program. I labeled everything I have in question about the photo.

1. Dark area with unnatural lines that don't look like they were created by nature.
2. Top of Madyson's head blurred. That's not her hair sticking up, and upon enlargement doesn't look like leaves either. Possibly points to photoshopping.
3. An almost straight black line that looks very out of place. Could be a vine, but photo lacks enough clarity for me to be able to tell.
4. Something new I spotted today. I see the number 450. Might just be a pattern made by lichens.
5. The initials on the rock. Again could be made by lichens. Looks to me like 3 initials that are run on, where the first initial becomes part of the second, and the second initial becomes part of the third.
6. Dark shadow on Madyson's right side made by Madyson's arm and elbow.
7. Shadow underneath her left arm.
8. Probably a vine although it lacks any leaves which I find odd. If this is the main stem of a vine it should have smaller side stems branching off of it or at least I would think so.

Attachments

• missingmadysonjamison.jpg
    missingmadysonjamison.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 122
We do (times two)?

How was that established? Can we believe the word/testimony of poachers?

Pardon...I did do a marathon of reading the threads and had to skim and skip a bit due to sheer volume, but I missed this (or have forgotten it, I've slept since). ;)

And though I am intrigued by the Jamisons' story, some of what I read kinda did sound like they were doing drugs (especially meth) and that kinda 'splained a lot. Not that that makes them unworthy of being found safe somewhere, somehow. :)

I read it and reread but I have the memory of a goldfish. Still I do NOT remember poachers ever beeing on the mountain or heard of them seeing the Jamison's . Only the neighbors seeing them go in.

I do not care if they were doing meth or not. They could have been but Madyson wasnt for sure. The dog ..not so sure about ,doesnt eat alot has superdog like powers .

They just need to come home.

Also did you read the Neff ,Wilson and Prague brother and sister threads?

I went thread searching for information we should have closer. I wish I could just post my stickies on your desktops. I am going to make a bubblemap for my album.

Duncan- Maiden name
Anthony Hightower- Divorce 1986
Stanley Eugene Jennings- Divorce 3/28/1990
Jeffrey Dee Waling- 5/17/91-1/17/1992
Billy Dean Mangum (coltons father)- 10/15/1993-9/30/1996
Tommy J. Yost- 1/8/01-12/13/02
Then bobby in 2004.

I read it and reread but I have the memory of a goldfish. Still I do NOT remember poachers ever beeing on the mountain or heard of them seeing the Jamison's . Only the neighbors seeing them go in.

I do not care if they were doing meth or not. They could have been but Madyson wasnt for sure. The dog ..not so sure about ,doesnt eat alot has superdog like powers .

They just need to come home.

Also did you read the Neff ,Wilson and Prague brother and sister threads?
Not yet. But it's late and I must sleep soon, LOL.

I've been following a couple very recent cases and getting into Zahra (RIP) and Kyron, and actually tiptoed into Hayleigh's case (but need a major 75-word or less briefing).

The Jamison story is sooooooooo mysterious. Ordinarily I love to gaz

According to a post on TOPIX, N. Shenold spells it, MAISY. I can provide the link if anyone wants it

Okay. Can N. Shenold provide a vet reference for Maisy and the date the dog was first seen? I need a link.

Not yet. But it's late and I must sleep soon, LOL.

I've been following a couple very recent cases and getting into Zahra (RIP) and Kyron, and actually tiptoed into Hayleigh's case (but need a major 75-word or less briefing).

The Jamison story is sooooooooo mysterious. Ordinarily I love to gaz

Hi Cazzie,
Get some sleep! And then stay with us, please! At the very least, Madyson is a missing child (now she is 7 yrs old) that needs to be found.
http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...ix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_

Re:NCMEC- you may need to put in 2 yrs as missing date, because their computer system atuomatically updates when there have been no revisions.

Okay folks, I read through single thing and my 3AM cup of coffee is about to kick in....but here is todays question in the morning, when ya'll awake.

Does anyone have GPS coordinates of the pic of Madyson (by the rock(s) NCMEC photo) that deviate from the FBI coords?

Please link if you do.
TIA

Okay. Can N. Shenold provide a vet reference for Maisy and the date the dog was first seen? I need a link.

I doubt she can. I asked her about a month ago if she knew where they got the dog. She asked Bobby's mother. Bobby's mother had no idea where the dog came from.

Hi, everyone! I've been reading this thread for awhile now (and have actually gone through all of it), and am mystified! I just have a few observations:

The first time I saw Bobby and Sherilynn's photos, I immediately thought "meth"...and then I looked at older, happier photos of the two of them and saw the typical transformation in their appearance, which backed up my suspicion. I'm personally positive that they were doing quite a bit of it. I do not think less of them if that's indeed what they were doing, but I DO think it's the reason for their paranoia, odd behavior, "seeing spirits", and ultimately, their disappearance.

There is an album full of photos of the Jamison's house, the truck (with a broken back window, missing yellow light on top, and a large dent on the rear passenger side), the shipping container (complete with graffiti) and a stop sign that Sherilynn defaced on the Find the Jamisons Facebook page. The graffiti on the shipping container is as horribly mispelled as Bobby Jr.'s notes. "By" is spelled "buy." A drug-addled mind makes spelling mistakes like this. Between this, the STOP sign and the abandoned truck on the mountain...what's up with Sherilynn's love of graffiti? It was apparently how she left paranoid messages to others.

My first thought when I saw the photo of Madyson on the mountain: "That shirt is WAY too small." I have a little girl, and I can't imagine putting her into a too-tight, too-small, short-sleeved shirt in October and making her pose for a photo. She was either cold or uncomfortable or both, judging by her arms and how they're crossed. That's "shut you out" body language. My thoughts were that Sherilynn was either very hurried when she dressed Mady or she wasn't thinking clearly. If Mady dressed herself, Sherilynn wasn't present enough to tell her to wear something that fit (and something warmer).

I don't think foul play is involved...Sherilynn's friend stated that Sherilynn wore the pants in the family...she was also the one with the gun, which is missing. I don't think anyone could state with a straight face that Sherilynn was of sound mind at the time they went missing....and I think that says everything.

I hope so much that they are found eventually...I think they're somewhere on the mountain, probably not too far from where they've already searched. I hate not knowing what happened to them.

Thanks for listening to my scattered thoughts on the whole thing!

Hello NotPenny'sBoat, and welcome to WS & the wacky turbulence of the Missing Jamisons thread!

:Welcome-12-june:

Hello NotPenny'sBoat, and welcome to WS & the wacky turbulence of the Missing Jamisons thread!

:Welcome-12-june:

Thank you!! I hope there will be an answer one day. With sleuths like you guys on the case, there just might be!

Hi, everyone! I've been reading this thread for awhile now (and have actually gone through all of it), and am mystified! I just have a few observations:

The first time I saw Bobby and Sherilynn's photos, I immediately thought "meth"...and then I looked at older, happier photos of the two of them and saw the typical transformation in their appearance, which backed up my suspicion. I'm personally positive that they were doing quite a bit of it. I do not think less of them if that's indeed what they were doing, but I DO think it's the reason for their paranoia, odd behavior, "seeing spirits", and ultimately, their disappearance.

There is an album full of photos of the Jamison's house, the truck (with a broken back window, missing yellow light on top, and a large dent on the rear passenger side), the shipping container (complete with graffiti) and a stop sign that Sherilynn defaced on the Find the Jamisons Facebook page. The graffiti on the shipping container is as horribly mispelled as Bobby Jr.'s notes. "By" is spelled "buy." A drug-addled mind makes spelling mistakes like this. Between this, the STOP sign and the abandoned truck on the mountain...what's up with Sherilynn's love of graffiti? It was apparently how she left paranoid messages to others.

My first thought when I saw the photo of Madyson on the mountain: "That shirt is WAY too small." I have a little girl, and I can't imagine putting her into a too-tight, too-small, short-sleeved shirt in October and making her pose for a photo. She was either cold or uncomfortable or both, judging by her arms and how they're crossed. That's "shut you out" body language. My thoughts were that Sherilynn was either very hurried when she dressed Mady or she wasn't thinking clearly. If Mady dressed herself, Sherilynn wasn't present enough to tell her to wear something that fit (and something warmer).

I don't think foul play is involved...Sherilynn's friend stated that Sherilynn wore the pants in the family...she was also the one with the gun, which is missing. I don't think anyone could state with a straight face that Sherilynn was of sound mind at the time they went missing....and I think that says everything.

I hope so much that they are found eventually...I think they're somewhere on the mountain, probably not too far from where they've already searched. I hate not knowing what happened to them.

Thanks for listening to my scattered thoughts on the whole thing!

Welcome Not Penny"s Boat!! I am also a new member but have been following this crazy case for over a year.I have many of the same thoughts on this case!The picture of the little girl is pretty disturbing to me as she looks very unhappy,defensive,sunburned,and in some sort of forced pose.She is not looking into the camera but maybe at someone telling her how to stand.If this was my family i would be spending as much time as possible on that mountain!

Welcome Not Penny"s Boat!! I am also a new member but have been following this crazy case for over a year.I have many of the same thoughts on this case!The picture of the little girl is pretty disturbing to me as she looks very unhappy,defensive,sunburned,and in some sort of forced pose.She is not looking into the camera but maybe at someone telling her how to stand.If this was my family i would be spending as much time as possible on that mountain!

Thank you for the welcome, C-Bar!

The other thing about Madyson that bothers me is her dyed blonde hair, "like Marilyn Monroe." I don't mean to judge other people's parenting, but I can't imagine doing such a thing to a little girl (though I have seen parents dye their children's hair for beauty pageants). It seems as strange as everything else in this case. I feel like Sherilynn and Bobby had lost their minds (and I think both of them had a dual diagnosis -- mental illness and drug abuse)...and that poor little girl was along for the ride.

If I'm completely wrong, then I'll feel bad for speculating such things...I definitely don't mean to disrespect this poor family with my thoughts...but it's my gut instinct. I think that this scenario goes with the dog being left in the car...an animal would be an innocent, I'd think.

One more thing that has been on my mind a lot: I imagine that it must have been shocking for Sherilynn, who thought spirits were haunting her and that people were poisoning her animals, etc., to find "Satanic" graffiti on the abandoned truck at the top of the mountain. Sherilynn, who had such a penchant for graffiti.... If I were her, in her state of mind, I would definitely take it as some sort of sign. It's interesting that whatever happened happened on the way back from discovering that truck.

They defintily did look as though they MAY have been doing meth.

The issues I have with that are the Sheriff's statements about "not being drug related' and PAST abuse. To me that implys they never found evidence of that.
Mental issues and illness can cause peoples appearance to go downhill very quickly.
I am not going to be in denial and say that they were not doing it when it could be a strong possibilty but I am not completely ready to commit to the opinion either.

There was a two miles search done of the area correct? How far would one walk to murder their family and kill themself? Why drive to a mountain looking for land to buy ? twice?

I do realize that my opinions rely heavily on assumptions that the agencies involved have done a through job on those aspects of the case .

The issues I have with that are the Sheriff's statements about "not being drug related' and PAST abuse. To me that implys they never found evidence of that.
Mental issues and illness can cause peoples appearance to go downhill very quickly.
I am not going to be in denial and say that they were not doing it when it could be a strong possibilty but I am not completely ready to commit to the opinion either.

There was a two miles search done of the area correct? How far would one walk to murder their family and kill themself? Why drive to a mountain looking for land to buy ? twice?

I do realize that my opinions rely heavily on assumptions that the agencies involved have done a through job on those aspects of the case .

It may sound far-fetched, but I wonder if the "Satanic" truck was some sort of catalyst for an already looming mental breakdown...

Sigh. I know; it's a lot of speculation without enough facts or insight into what was REALLY going on with this family...

"Beauchamp said the paranoia could suggest an addiction to drugs, but he has found no evidence they were users or dealers. Ruling out the role of drugs in the family's disappearance is another issue.

"'The circumstantial evidence can't be ignored,' the sheriff said. Both had lost substantial weight in the months before vanishing. They carried large amounts of cash. And a security camera mounted at their house showed them moving in what Beauchamp described as trance-like motions."

"'On the video sometimes they would just stop and stare," Beauchamp said. "It was strange.'"

I think the only account of Sherilynn's past meth use has come from N.S.

If this were a case of folie à deux - with or without drug involvement - the physical appearances of both parties would probably deteriorate in like manner. Same of course with meth, opiates, etc. etc.

[SPECULATION] As the weapon is missing, one person could get two others to walk as far as he or she wanted at the barrel of a gun. Why drive there twice? To find a perfect hiding spot for bodies? [SPECULATION]

"'They were certainly a family obsessed with death,' said Beauchamp, adding that a .22-caliber pistol registered to Sherilyn Jamison is unaccounted for. (Sherilyn's mother Connie) Kokotan said she was with her daughter the day she bought the pistol 'informally' from a Muskogee man.

"'I think someone killed them, and they're still up there,' Kokotan said."
---
all quotations above courtesy little726's link to the infamous Sunday Oklahoman article of 02 May 10.

(Recommended reading for all newbies!)

http://www.allbusiness.com/crime-law-enforcement-corrections/law-police-forces/14388718-1.html

You are definitely right the Sheriff did state they had not found any evidence of current drug abuse.I would think that if there was LE would have found some evidence of it.Someone strung out surely would not be so tidy.There has been talk of mental issues which sure could take a toll on a person rather quickly.I wonder if they have any close friends or neighbors that have been able to add anything to the case?Someone close by that may have witnessed their actions immediately preceding their disappearance.

WFG thank you for the above listed article.I had read that before and believe that is where i read there was a GPS devise found in the truck.You would think the poor sheriff would be ready to yank his hair out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe