OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do (times two)?

How was that established? Can we believe the word/testimony of poachers?

Pardon...I did do a marathon of reading the threads and had to skim and skip a bit due to sheer volume, but I missed this (or have forgotten it, I've slept since). ;)

And though I am intrigued by the Jamisons' story, some of what I read kinda did sound like they were doing drugs (especially meth) and that kinda 'splained a lot. Not that that makes them unworthy of being found safe somewhere, somehow. :)

We were all over the board on the possibility of drugs much, much earlier, and the sheriff said there was nothing that could tie them to the drug scene in their house or their vehicles. If that's changed, I don't know. Still, I can't disagree with you entirely.

Good afternoon, everyone- sorry for the delay, it's been a busy day in Oriah-land.

Welcome to our new members, and thank you for posting so respectfully and thoughtfully on this case!

I've been sifting through evidence, files, and (mis)reported media reports for the last hour.

So where does that leave me? At an Oriah-land comparison:

The Jamisons could be identical twins to several tenents I once had at a rural rental property I own in SC. These tenents appeared fine (and background checked with just a couple minor infractions- one bad check and a traffic violation iirc,) looked healthy and well, at the time, were friendly, excited about the possibility of renting this beautiful property, etc.

Six months later, they were both high on both meth AND opiates, incomprehensible, the home had to be gutted because it was so disgusting, and oh- they were never sure where their 11 yr old child was, but when I got ahold of him at school one day and asked what was going on at his house, he just said- "Well, they can't find work, so things are kind hard."

In the small outbuilding on this rural property, there were empty boxes of expensive (and clearly new) electronic equipment such as large screen tv's, computers, etc.

Both tenents (married couple) looked like they had been rode very hard and put away very, very, very wet when I arrived to evict them with the local SO deputies for support.

SO would not take evidence of drug use (chemical containers commonly used to make meth, cooking equipment, pill bottles, etc) into evidence at the time but encouraged me as the owner to do so and then file a report.

This was in a town, population roughly 6,000.

This is my current train of thought re: the Jamisons.
For, ya know. What it's worth.

Regarding poachers- I believe there was rumor that 'hunter's' had found the truck. I think that may have somewhere dissolved into 'poachers.'

There is nothing in the FBI report that clarifies who found the truck. Only who made the initial call to the Sheriffs Office.
JMO, of course.

To all you guys that have been here so long and have worked so hard thank you for the warm welcome!!I have got to get out of here shortly for grand kids ballgames and back to work so may be a while before i have time to catch back up but i will.Keep the faith!!!

Regarding poachers- I believe there was rumor that 'hunter's' had found the truck. I think that may have somewhere dissolved into 'poachers.'

There is nothing in the FBI report that clarifies who found the truck. Only who made the initial call to the Sheriffs Office.
JMO, of course.

I am positive I read either a newspaper report or TV station report that came directly from the sheriff's office before they clamped the lid down, and it was reported that two hunters/poachers came forward stating that they had seen the Jamisons on both days. Now, I can't remember whether it was the poachers or someone on the mountain that reported the truck parked there a week later.

Does anyone else remember that or am I losing my mind? The earliest reports are missing now which is typical for newspaper accounts. I'll search google news archives. BB in a minute.

I easily find it feasible to visit a place a second day. Perhaps they thought they wanted to buy it, but decided to sleep on it, and went back the second day to confirm that indeed this was the land for them.

Great, I found 2 articles, and one of them is inaccessible, and it did not contain any info pertinent to what I remember.

I am positive I read either a newspaper report or TV station report that came directly from the sheriff's office before they clamped the lid down, and it was reported that two hunters/poachers came forward stating that they had seen the Jamisons on both days. Now, I can't remember whether it was the poachers or someone on the mountain that reported the truck parked there a week later.

Does anyone else remember that or am I losing my mind? The earliest reports are missing now which is typical for newspaper accounts. I'll search google news archives. BB in a minute.

I easily find it feasible to visit a place a second day. Perhaps they thought they wanted to buy it, but decided to sleep on it, and went back the second day to confirm that indeed this was the land for them.

Great, I found 2 articles, and one of them is inaccessible, and it did not contain any info pertinent to what I remember.

LOL, justthinkin- I feel your pain.

I will look through the sheriffs dept info to see what I can find, but I am going to put some money on the fact that what is in the initial report is a call in to the dept from a neighbor on the mountain stating that they had seen the truck up there for awhile and were concerned there was an animal inside. No mention of hunters or poachers in the SO release that I am aware of. Media- the lord only knows.

I'll search and find what I've got for ya, though.

Okay I got side tracked with alot of past information . I remember the conflicting reports about the hunter/neighbor. Not poachers.

Oriah
Who is Charelene? how big was this paper it was written on?
What kind of paper was it written on?

Is there another Gary or should we be comfy with the Gary as named earlier?

IMO
Back to the mountain wood . If murder suicide was the goal I think they would be within the seach area.

Press Release 10/27/09:

<RE: Jamison Family

The family is still missing with no solid leads. There will be an aerial heat imaging search on the evening of 10272009. We are working with every available resource and agency to find Bobby, Sherrilynn and Madyson. Personnel from the National Center for Missing and Expolited Children are on scene assisting with the search efforts. There will be another ground search on 10282009. We are still asking for anyone with information to please call the Sheriff's Office at 918-465-2161>

SO Press release: 10/27/2009

Okay I got side tracked with alot of past information . I remember the conflicting reports about the hunter/neighbor. Not poachers.

Oriah
Who is Charelene? how big was this paper it was written on?
What kind of paper was it written on?

Is there another Gary or should we be comfy with the Gary as named earlier?

IMO
Back to the mountain wood . If murder suicide was the goal I think they would be within the seach area.

Ok- let me get back to you on that- my computer just started acting up as I was copy/pasting SO releases. Stand by....

You are definitely right the Sheriff did state they had not found any evidence of current drug abuse.I would think that if there was LE would have found some evidence of it.Someone strung out surely would not be so tidy.There has been talk of mental issues which sure could take a toll on a person rather quickly.I wonder if they have any close friends or neighbors that have been able to add anything to the case?Someone close by that may have witnessed their actions immediately preceding their disappearance.

Sherilynn's friend stated that she was "very paranoid" about not driving their vehicle with Madyson and drugs in the car. This suggests to me that 1.) there was more than just occasional meth usage, and 2.) she would also be very careful to keep anything in the house hidden from Madyson.

Also, how do we know that friends and/or family didn't go to the house to get rid of any drugs that might have existed? Judging by Bobby Sr.'s problem with it, meth seems to run in this family.

It is rare that someone "occasionally" uses meth. There are few "weekend only" users. This is a seriously addictive drug that is nearly impossible to quit. Sherilynn's behavior and appearance are both symptoms and side effects of meth use, and it's public knowledge that she did it in the past...I can't imagine that it doesn't have something to do with their disappearance.

Sorry for so many posts today, whew!

Sherilynn's friend stated that she was "very paranoid" about not driving their vehicle with Madyson and drugs in the car. This suggests to me that 1.) there was more than just occasional meth usage, and 2.) she would also be very careful to keep anything in the house hidden from Madyson.

Also, how do we know that friends and/or family went to the house to get rid of any drugs that might have existed? Judging by Bobby Sr.'s problem with it, meth seems to run in this family.

It is rare that someone "occasionally" uses meth. There are few "weekend only" users. This is a seriously addictive drug that is nearly impossible to quit. Sherilynn's behavior and appearance are both symptoms and side effects of meth use, and it's public knowledge that she did it in the past...I can't imagine that it doesn't have something to do with their disappearance.

Sorry for so many posts today, whew!

Don't apologize, post more! Your opinions are succinct and very helpful.

One of the disadvantages of defending the morality of a friend's lifestyle so vigorously and so often is that, inevitably, the fallout is that it causes observers to suspect that there is more malfeasence there than meets the eye. And in my experience, that usually proves to be the case.

This whole case is filled with loopholes - friends or family could well have cleaned the Eufaula house before investigators got there, in the several days between the family going missing and the discovery of their vehicle. Friends, family, or they themselves could have been in the home in the interval.

The "history" of meth use in the family is a telling point, too, I believe.

LOL, justthinkin- I feel your pain.

I will look through the sheriffs dept info to see what I can find, but I am going to put some money on the fact that what is in the initial report is a call in to the dept from a neighbor on the mountain stating that they had seen the truck up there for awhile and were concerned there was an animal inside. No mention of hunters or poachers in the SO release that I am aware of. Media- the lord only knows.

I'll search and find what I've got for ya, though.

All I can find online is this:

“It was reported to us on Saturday, Oct. 17,” [Sgt. Chuck] Wells said. “Some people called and said a vehicle had been sitting by the side of the road for some time with an animal in it.

http://mcalesternews.com/local/x546245877/Family-is-still-missing

Yea! I am not losing my mind. Here it is:
http://www.4029tv.com/news/21387742/detail.html

"Beauchamp said a resident in the community of Red Oak called 911 Saturday to report that the abandoned truck was found.

"(They) knew that the vehicle had been there for a while because they had spoken with that family on the 8th and the morning of the 9th," Beauchamp said."

It was post 32 of thread 1, and I'm pretty sure there is confirmation. when I can find it, that the resident of Red Oak was also the hunter, one of two. Notice Beauchamp says "They" had spoken with the family.

"Beauchamp said a resident in the community of Red Oak called 911 Saturday to report that the abandoned truck was found.

"(They) knew that the vehicle had been there for a while because they had spoken with that family on the 8th and the morning of the 9th," Beauchamp said."

It was post 32 of thread 1, and I'm pretty sure there is confirmation. when I can find it, that the resident of Red Oak was also the hunter, one of two. Notice Beauchamp says "They" had spoken with the family.

So the hunters are also the neighbors? same people ?
IDK.

Excuse me for asking, but I am trying to figure out if there has been a break in this case? And I'm not quite finding it. Do I need to back to previous thread? Thanks.

Excuse me for asking, but I am trying to figure out if there has been a break in this case? And I'm not quite finding it. Do I need to back to previous thread? Thanks.

We wish. No break in the case yet.

Bumping my own reference here (sorry):
<I will look through the sheriffs dept info to see what I can find, but I am going to put some money on the fact that what is in the initial report is a call in to the dept from a neighbor on the mountain stating that they had seen the truck up there for awhile and were concerned there was an animal inside. No mention of hunters or poachers in the SO release that I am aware of. >

As I mentioned upthread, there is evidence of the 911 call. But not of who actually found the vehicle abandoned with dog inside first.

Just something I think we should think about.

So the hunters are also the neighbors? same people ?
IDK.

I don't think so. The people who said they spoke with the Jamisons both days live in Red Oak according to what Beauchamp said. I haven't had a chance to go back and look, but I'm fairly positive the two people were deer hunting with guns during bow season so that would make them poachers. That offense however would fall to the local game warden so it's doubtful when he has bigger fish to fry that Beauchamp would care all that much, and perhaps its out of his jurisdiction. Don't know.

Besides, I don't know Oklahoma, other than passing through it once or twice, to know how serious they are about poaching up there.

COMPLETELY OFF-TOPIC YET, ODDLY, NOT ABOUT GREEN MAN
and, as well, on a Tuesday, it's your Oklahoma wake-up update o' the day!

World's oldest fossilized shrimp found in southern Oklahoma, near Ada
Its next stop is the Smithsonian Institution.
---
The little guy swam through the warm waters of the ocean that is now Oklahoma millions of years before the common crabs, lobsters and shrimp ever took a dip about 250million years ago. “This guy is way older ... about 375 million years or so,” said Rodney Feldmann, Kent State University professor emeritus.
---
More on Shrimpy Shrimpmeyer here

Some catch up for our newest posters:

PRESS RELEASE 10/30/2009

FROM SHERIFF ISREAL BEAUCHAMP, LATIMER COUNTY OKLAHOMA

TO: MEDIA OUTLETS

RE: MISSING JAMISON FAMILY

Bobby, Sherrilynn and Madyson Jamison are still missing and the Latimer County Sheriff's Office is requesting your assistance. The Jamison family was last seen on October 8, 2009 in the Red Oak area of Latimer County Oklahoma. Their vehicle was found on a well pad in the San Bois Mountains on October 17, 2009 This is a rural area with few residents and many oilfield locations. The terrain is a very rugged mountainous region with thick trees, vegetation and wildlife, with hunting cabins and few year round residents. The vehicle was found locked with Madyson's small dog inside along with personal items consisting of cell phones, clothing, cash and other items that give the appearance that the family was planning on returning to the vehicle.

Numerous searches have been conducted by the Latimer County Sheriff's Office with support from cooperating agencies including: Latimer County Emergency Management, Latimer County Commissioners and employees, Oklahoma Forestry, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Feberal Bureau of Investigation, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, over a dozen local fire departments, numerous search dog teams, search and rescue teams, local law enforcement agencies, Tribal agencies, SW ambulance service, and many volunteers including horse, mule, ATV and foot searchers. There have been 330 plus volunteers and trained SAR personnel searching a 10 square mile area trying to find the Jamison family or clues that may lead them in the direction that the family may have traveled. Latimer County Sheriff's Office has utilized aerial drones, fixed wing aircraft with heat imaging devices, air, ground and HRD dogs, horse teams, 4X4's and have not located the Jamison family yet.

After careful consideration, the decision has been made to scale back on ground search efforts but will continue on a smaller scale along with the investigation into leads that continue to be received by LCSO until the Jamison family is found.

Thanks to the National Center for Missing and Exploited children there have been posters generated and posted for the family in this area and other communities. We want to thank everyone who has helped, and especially those who volunteered there time and efforts thus far for the searches and the investigation. Anyone who has information on Bobby, Sherrilynn and Madyson Jamison's whereabouts or other information pertaining to this case, please call the Latimer County Sheriff's Office at 918-465-2161

ETA: There are two messages left for the Sheriff on 10/17/09 from a year round resident on the mountain for "Any deputy" and to "Please call back."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01