GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one hollow out a tree? What would a natural purpose of that be? (Sorry, I am a big city girl.)

If there's a dead tree in the area, you just cut into the trunk. Hollow trees can be used to shelter from the elements - they're usually small enough to be quite warm.

Can someone please post again WHERE the bodies were found? Name of area where tree was if it was a park/lake?

Off of Yankee St. Fredericktown, Ohio. Waterford Wildlife Preserve (I think they called it that), usually just referred to as Waterford (also a small town near there by the same name), There is a preserve and a reservoir nearby. Very rural, agricultural area, lots of Amish around, too.

***Kokosing preserve, not Waterford.

This is just horrifying. Whoever had that tag line "just when you think it can't get any worse, someone posts another story" sure was right. This guy is another Duncan.

why's all this freaky going on?? women & kids, murdered - stuffed into garbage bags??? OMG.

Candles and prayers for those who must process all of this.
:praying:

How does one hollow out a tree? What would a natural purpose of that be? (Sorry, I am a big city girl.)

Also, wouldn't hollowing one out most definitely be premeditation?

Many trees are hollow or partly hollow - ex of a tree in Ohio are that is: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/trees/beech_amr/tabid/5336/Default.aspx

Also trees hit by lightening or dead might have bug damage and still stand but be hollow. Many reasons - I did not hear anything that led me to think he made the tree hollow but I was/am crying pretty hard.

The bodies were found in Kokosing Lake Wilderness Area, at Yankee Street and Waterford Road.

The area the bodies were found was Kokosing Lake Wildlife Area. The chopper showed the sign for Yankee Street. I know this area well and I can assure you that is where it is. It's NNW from Fredericktown (I used to live in Fredericktown and am only 9 miles right now from KLWA).

Bumping this post forward in case anyone else wants to see this information.

He had to have planned this even down to finding a hollow tree in a remote area ahead of time.

I have been following this case but have not posted. My deep condolences to family, friends, LE and all who cared. May God bless you.:praying:

Oh no... I hope that poster on 10TV earlier today wasn't right about what she heard... :(... sure does fit, though.

I'm 7 pages behind as I didn't post or read during the presser.

I think the bodies were dismembered. They were in bags, and stuffed into a hollow tree. How else could you put a body into a hollow tree unless it was in parts. Sheriff Barber would not confirm or refute the question by the reporter regarding if the bodies were dismembered.

I hate being so graphic, but I think that post I found late last night on 10TV may have been accurate. :frown:

I have the feeling, a strong feeling, that this case is going to be horrific when we know the details....................:frown:

I am so sad and speechless.

My prayers goes out To Sarah and her family. Prayers to Kody,Tina and Stephaine that are flying with the Angels tonight.

(((Big hugs))) to WS family who been here the whole 8 days and stay up late wishes any mintue that Stephaine,Tina and Kody would be found alive. :(

Knott County Sheriff really did a great job and citzens of Knotts county too.
I would be proud to live there.

I so want MH to burn in He$$... but I am also grateful that he told where Stephaine, Tina and Kody could be found...with out that they might never had found them.

I'm emotionally drained. This is so awful for these families. Wonder if any surrounding counties have missing children or unsolved kidnappings? *sigh*

Wayy O/T but I finally reached over 200 posts! Been a member since 2005. wow.

I am the one who days ago asked where would a squirrel hide his nuts. I just kept thinking of someone elses post.....the poster was talking about SM and saying something about silence of the lambs.... about coveting..... I just kept thinking of him eating squirrels and coveting them, ingesting them in an attempt to become one. He loved leaves, he loved hanging in trees, I felt homeboy thought he was a squirrel. I think he stored them, and I do believe he may not have molested the SM, I think he was holding her to grow her as future Mrs. Squirrel. I am so sorry, I worked for 15 years with inmates.... I did not write that post days ago as a joke, but it seemed to upset people so I shut my mouth....

It's scary to think without finding Sarah in his basement and a receipt, he may have gotten away with this horrible crime.

This threading is flying. Can someone link to the part about the victims being in trash bags inside a tree please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80