GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to live at Knox Lake too (now I'm in Mount Vernon) and this has just been horrible for the community. So many people are scared, including me.

We will Pray for you ...I am sure many people are scared..When I read this i was very worried about these 3 kids and Sarah... They didn't deserve to be treated like this...It is very horrifing...

I'm pretty caught up on this whole story- but can somebody remind me(because I'm too lazy to go back and read everything)how EXACTLY did MH draw police attention to himself? I know he was at the location where Tina's truck was found but what did he do??

BBM
Could the arson of been to cover up murders and no one caught that?
Seems he got worse and worse.........3 victims would of never been found IMO, in a tree...........who would ever think of that?

O/T Now I am thinking of Kyron in a tree?????

When he was released from prison in Colorado, he came back to Ohio. I'm wondering if there was any gap between the time of his release in Colorado and his return to Ohio. Did he spend a few months in Colorado before asking that his parole be transferred to Ohio, and was there any unsolved murders there in Colorado during that period of time?

I'm wondering, you think this monster has family in Colorado? Did the teen become unruly and his parents sent him away to grandparents or Aunt, Uncle? How do we know he wasn't in Colorado when he was 16 during Christmas? I know long shot, but still possible.

Thanks for clearing up the biological mom confusion.....
I don't post often, I don't want to repeat what others have already shared....But I've followed WS for a long time and think that its wonderful that there's a group of such caring and empathetic people out there. Especially when things like this happen and almost make you lose hope in humanity.

I'm pretty caught up on this whole story- but can somebody remind me(because I'm too lazy to go back and read everything)how EXACTLY did MH draw police attention to himself? I know he was at the location where Tina's truck was found but what did he do??

Police have not said; there was something about a receipt from Walmart for a tarp...but not sure how that fits in with them pinpointing this guy and then getting to the house to rescue Sarah...

WTTE 28 in Columbus just showed the candle light vigil that was held in Knox County tonight.

There was also a bonfire at one of the vigils. I'm sure some folks would like to burn that monster on a stake in that bonfire.

so much loss for Sarah....
how can one child bear all of this???????????

This poor child..... I don't cry easily as a seasoned trauma nurse..... but let me tell you I am doing it now.....

I feel very sad for this poor child, Sarah. Not only has she lost her mother and brother, a close family friend, but her great-grandfather. On top of all this, Sarah will be the prosecution's primary witness. The burden is on her shoulders to tell the court and the jury what happened and what she witnessed. This is a load that no 13-year-old should have to carry.

I hope her family will surround her with love and understanding, and provide her with the counseling she's going to need to get through this.

I'm worried about Sarah! She so needs long term care, if we all are having our safety come in question, think about hers! I know many of you know young girls that have been raped at a young age. Very hard to live through that, it plays on your mind for years. You think it isn't affecting you but it still seeps out throughout your life.

Now we have no indication she was raped and I'm not suggesting she is, only to use rape as a frame of reference that many of us probably can relate to. I pray that the entire town look out for her...give her the space but be vigilant and watch her (not stare).

Town needs to adopt her, every company, every agency, every hospital, I mean it is going to take a town to raise this girl to be whole again.

You know who could help her prepare for the trial for her to be mentally ready? Elizabeth Smart! She is the only one that can do it. She can relate, and she was a model witness! I bet she could really help Sarah a lot in the future.

The fact that he was nearby when LE found Tina's truck seems major to me. They had to run his plates and DL right then and find out he's a felon. They had nothing to get him on, but I'm betting red flags were everywhere right then.
They found a Walmart receipt. There had to be fingerprints and DNA in that house, too.

Does anyone know of a motive for this case? I haven't been able to follow it closely, but have seen bits and pieces, but it seems kinda weird, unfocused.

And yeah, in a lot of ways it does remind me of the Groene case.

Does anyone know of a motive for this case? I haven't been able to follow it closely, but have seen bits and pieces, but it seems kinda weird, unfocused.

And yeah, in a lot of ways it does remind me of the Groene case.

One reporter found out that the friend worked at the fitness center, she cleaned the place and the killer worked out late in the evening, so it is speculated that maybe they met.

Reporter at towards the end of this video:
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/vi...ites/10tv/videos/2010/11/18/missing-found.xml

Maybe he will just plead guilty, save Sarah the added trauma and the state a whole lot of money, like John Gardner did in California...it would be worth it for LWOP, to me...

The fact that he was nearby when LE found Tina's truck seems major to me. They had to run his plates and DL right then and find out he's a felon. They had nothing to get him on, but I'm betting red flags were everywhere right then.
They found a Walmart receipt. There had to be fingerprints and DNA in that house, too.
There are 4 chilling things about him being there when the truck was found.

1. The murders had probably already happened, and he may have sat there waiting to observe the discovery of the truck (game with LE and entertainment/satisfaction.

2. If he hadn't been so stupid to make that visit, he just might have been able to get away with holding Sarah captive for weeks or months, enduring gosh knows what. He may have killed her eventually.

3. He'd still be on the loose.

4. And the bodies may not have been found for years, if ever.

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/108175864.html
just sitting there

Police found him "just sitting there" in his car near a public bike trail opposite property owned by Kenyon College, near where Herrmann's pickup truck was found the same day, Barber said. It wasn't clear whether the pickup truck had been found first.

I thought maybe he was going to torch the place. I figured the utilities were off for non payment since he has no employment.

Knowing that he's committed arson before, I thought perhaps he was planning to torch the house eventually, perhaps to cover another crime.

One reporter found out that the friend worked at the fitness center, she cleaned the place and the killer worked out late in the evening, so it is speculated that maybe they met.

Reporter at towards the end of this video:
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/vi...ites/10tv/videos/2010/11/18/missing-found.xml

Thanks. That could give one motive but I do see one problem with that. If he had fixated on the friend, why would he kill the friend but leave the young girl living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irukandji