2010.12.10 - Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Fairgrieve the same guy that JA referred to that the defense listed as the "epidemiologist"? Or was that someone else? (IIRC, he was wondering aloud the connection between an epidemiologist and cadaver dogs.)

Is Fairgrieve the same guy that JA referred to that the defense listed as the "epidemiologist"? Or was that someone else? (IIRC, he was wondering aloud the connection between an epidemiologist and cadaver dogs.)

But wasn't this the doctor who JA stated his expertise is diseases and JA was not sure what the doctor would be testifying to?

Why does most of the media seem to be so pro-defense?

For the same reason that the networks treat Cindy Anthony with kid gloves. If Katie Curic asked Cindy to explain the many, many, many, many (add a couple more 'many's' here) discrepancies, and then just kept doggedly following up, Cindy would refuse to appear. I don't expect to see Cindy sitting down with Kathy B. anytime soon. If the reporters asked Jose questions like, 'do you feel it appropriate to respond to a judge's order via email? Do you think the burden should be on the state to continue calling you in an effort to get you to respond to a judge's order?', then Baez wouldn't talk to them.

Like it or not, Cindy Anthony and Jose Baez are considered a 'good get'. An interview with them is guaranteed to get ratings.

News is a business. Ratings = advertising dollars.

Blaise

But wasn't this the doctor who JA stated his expertise is diseases and JA was not sure what the doctor would be testifying to?

I need to watch it again because I am not sure if I am recalling things correctly.

I *thought* I remembered JA stating the guy was listed as an epidemiologist (this was when he referenced being corrected by bloggers and went on to give the definition of epidemiology). I thought his point was he didn't understand the connection between epidemiology and cadaver dogs, what the defense had said he would be testifying to.

I am going to watch the video to get clarification.

I was able to attend the hearing yesterday . It was all of 15 minutes. Noticed that cindy appeared to not have on ring. When her hand was touching her face i did not see any jewelry on left hand. I did notice her shaking her head no when I was in courtroom as ashton spoke. Casey shook head no also. Not many in court room . Noticed the police were very intense in listening to ashton and jose speak. I bet they thought wow- its all going to be cut the bullcrap for anyone who thinks they are smarter than judge perry-lol.
After hearing a reporter asked so what do you gals think ?I was with a friend who never was at a hearing. I laughed and said I am one of those bloggers Ashton thinks will correct him-lol. I am also a published author.He asked if i thought she was guilty and I avoided the reply as i would never say yes or no to anyone in public eye. He told me george may not be living at home as he saw him in a fast food place not near his home taking out food. No big deal to me - I take out food-lol.he asked me if i know where george is living- i said no do you?lol

My friend could not believe how long casey hair was as she has not followed case. she said her hairs so shiny she must have good products from commisary! she said do you think people send her money? i said yes they do. She commented that she was surprised . It was refreshing to hear my friends opinion as shes not a blogger and hardly knows the case. makes me wonder how jury will feel as she is not someone who heard the details. she did not even recognize who cindy was. If a juror is someone like her it will prove not everyone has the history of the case.

Reporters tried to corner cindy and jose. Two dollar parking fee for me-lol. ok - next scolding scheduled soon for some!!

Thanks for that LML...no wedding ring on CA....well, well...so her marriage might not be all hunky dory afterall...GA not living at home? Who could blame him...I know I was hoping he'd throw his animated marriage away. There's too much lying going on...no honesty...no trust...how can a marriage survive that??? I also guess he knows that bus is heading for him, he will be made the fall guy, especially with that suicide attempt. If not him, than RK or both.

What was the head shaking NO for??? I wish I could attend a hearing and be asked those questions...I'd not hesitate to say what I feel...:innocent: JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I'm glad I reviewed the video because I was wrong. The epidemiologist is a Dr. Freeman. JA confirms that Fairgrieve is one of the forensic anthropologists and the one the defense says will testify re. cadaver dogs.

IMO and perception,

Baez started this hearing off looking like he had the upper hand and was going to WIN this Motion..he looked very cocky at times...
At the end of the hearing his balloon was deflated by Judge Perry..it looks like he couldn't believe the Judge agreed with what Jeff Ashton is asking for...

:twocents:

Yeppers! He had his back square against JA prior to the hearing -very purposeful looking to me as if to shun him. But most telling was the foreshawdowing of the umbrella! The bailiff took his umbrella and put it in the corner prior to the hearing starting. Almost like JP did to JB in the hearing - put him in the corner! I think the bailiff deserves a bonus for keeping JB from tossing that umbrella like a javelin and hurting his Honor!

Thanks for that LML...no wedding ring on CA....well, well...so her marriage might not be all hunky dory afterall...GA not living at home? Who could blame him...I know I was hoping he'd throw his animated marriage away. There's too much lying going on...no honesty...no trust...how can a marriage survive that??? I also guess he knows that bus is heading for him, he will be made the fall guy, especially with that suicide attempt. If not him, than RK or both.

What was the head shaking NO for??? I wish I could attend a hearing and be asked those questions...I'd not hesitate to say what I feel...:innocent: JMHO

Justice for Caylee
well, with the head shaking , casey and cindy were not happy with astons requests and when judge gave decision cindy was noding no . Perhaps cindy did not even realize her silence could be heard by her head nodding or she knew the cameras would film it. I wonder if between george and cindy they blame each other .
I like george actually and would be shocked if he was ever accused wrongfully , if it is wrongfully- of the death of caylee and was thrown under bus . he already was humiliated for accusations by casey ,which i feel is her way of hurting everyone.

I need to watch it again because I am not sure if I am recalling things correctly.

I *thought* I remembered JA stating the guy was listed as an epidemiologist (this was when he referenced being corrected by bloggers and went on to give the definition of epidemiology). I thought his point was he didn't understand the connection between epidemiology and cadaver dogs, what the defense had said he would be testifying to.

I am going to watch the video to get clarification.

Dr Micahel Freeman is a Forensic Epidemiologist

Dr Scott Fairgrieve is a Forensic Anthropologist

I'm no body language expert, however, IMO the wearing of the hair down was an exclamation point to Baez's claim that this hearing was a waste of time and the hour was especially horrid. Why, she didn't have time to get her hair did.
Importuned, she was and missed the last 30 minutes of One Tree Hill.

My take on casey's hair-do (or undo) ..it's her christmas party look.

Next hearing she may even try a sweeping up do with loose curls (been saving her toilet rolls all month for that!

See, I don't see "child-like" when I see Casey's hair long. It looks to me like she is going for a more "sexy" flowing look. Especially swept to the side like she had it today.

That's just me though.

I will say that I thought the top she was wearing was nice. It's a lot better than what she has been stuck with the past few years. Cindy must have read that "ruffles" were out of season?

No such luck, the shirt still had ruffles.

If you look closely down the front on each side of the buttons.

ruffles are still part of cindy/casey's attire..~snorts~

Here is what JB says Scott Fairgrieve will testify to (from his email to JA):
DR. SCOTT FAIRGRIEVE (K-9 issue, as mentioned he will testify at that hearing if we have one)
Chair, Department of Forensic Science
Laurentian Universsity
935 Ramsey Lake Road
F-323A, Thrd Floor, Science 2 Bldg
Sudbury ON P3E 2C6
(included in this motion - Motion for Clarification to Compel Compliance With Order For Additional Discovery12-9-10 http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...ith Order For Additional Discovery12-9-10.pdf

Here's what was reported by Orlando Sentinel on Jan 15 2009:
Also Wednesday, Casey Anthony's defense team added a forensic anthropologist from Canada to their list of experts.

Scott Fairgrieve, the chief of forensic science at Laurentian University in Ontario, will be working with defense attorney JosM-i (sic) Baez and other defense experts.

Fairgrieve will make sure "all t's are crossed and all i's are dotted" in the search, recovery and analysis of human skeletal remains.

"My role in the case is basically peer review," Fairgrieve said from his office in Ontario. "I will be reviewing reports on the evidence. So far everything I've done has been remotely."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...y15_1_richard-cain-casey-anthony-anthony-case

I don't see where he is an expert on cadaver dogs. I believe he is saying that there is nothing visible to say the dogs are accurate on their hit. But that is what dogs do and why they bring in the dogs. Humans can detect blood, body parts, etc. The dogs are there to find what humans can't see. JA will make mincemeat out of him if this is the direction he is headed down the road. Is the doctor going to testify it was pizza????? You can't see air but would the doctor say there is no proof it is there????? jmo

bbm
Neither do I, but the Casey Anthony Murder case is not be the first case that Dr Fairgrieve has testifeied regarding Cadaver dogs.

From what I have read his publications and research are forensic anthropology, microscopy of bone, and the analysis of intentionally burned human remains.
He was a Defense Expert in the 2007 of State of Wisconsin vs Steven Avery where he testified about charred bone fragements...
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/45555337.html

I have yet to find where or how he, as Baez states, is a Cadaver Dog expert.

:)
Here is what JB says Scott Fairgrieve will testify to (from his email to JA):
DR. SCOTT FAIRGRIEVE (K-9 issue, as mentioned he will testify at that hearing if we have one)
Chair, Department of Forensic Science
Laurentian Universsity
935 Ramsey Lake Road
F-323A, Thrd Floor, Science 2 Bldg
Sudbury ON P3E 2C6
(included in this motion - Motion for Clarification to Compel Compliance With Order For Additional Discovery12-9-10 http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...ith Order For Additional Discovery12-9-10.pdf

Here's what was reported by Orlando Sentinel on Jan 15 2009:
Also Wednesday, Casey Anthony's defense team added a forensic anthropologist from Canada to their list of experts.

Scott Fairgrieve, the chief of forensic science at Laurentian University in Ontario, will be working with defense attorney JosM-i (sic) Baez and other defense experts.

Fairgrieve will make sure "all t's are crossed and all i's are dotted" in the search, recovery and analysis of human skeletal remains.

"My role in the case is basically peer review," Fairgrieve said from his office in Ontario. "I will be reviewing reports on the evidence. So far everything I've done has been remotely."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...y15_1_richard-cain-casey-anthony-anthony-case

bbm
Neither do I, but the Casey Anthony Murder case is not be the first case that Dr Fairgrieve has testifeied regarding Cadaver dogs.

From what I have read his publications and research are forensic anthropology, microscopy of bone, and the analysis of intentionally burned human remains.
He was a Defense Expert in the 2007 of State of Wisconsin vs Steven Avery where he testified about charred bone fragements...
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/45555337.html

I have yet to find where or how he, as Baez states, is a Cadaver Dog expert.

Apparently he's a Jack-of-All-Trades and will fill in where needed :)

Was Kathy Belich around tonight? I bet JB would be thrilled to see her...:innocent:

She may have been reporting on the 27yr old ex-marine, who did 2 tours of duty in Iraq, turned Orange County Deputy that was shot and killed in the line of duty the other night.

May you Rest In Peace Brandon Coates
Thank You for your service to this Country and this community

My take on casey's hair-do (or undo) ..it's her christmas party look.

Next hearing she may even try a sweeping up do with loose curls (been saving her toilet rolls all month for that!

my take: long hair swept to one side=strut=Missing Caylee t-shirt tied up tight at her waist
Nothing has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member