What about all these 3's?

What about those 3's?

• I agree, and it is significant.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I agree, but it is just coincidence.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I disagree, 3's don't appear with remarkable frequency.

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters

I would say that a person who removed squad carS pf evidence would have removed evidence without even trying.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess it was down to the cops to have taken whatever evidence they wanted beforehand or supervised her. You can't blame her for taking things that might have been used as evidence if they allowed it. You can't blame the Rs either for wanting some of their possessions from the house.

The point I was making, and I think you already figured that out, by your post, is that inadvertently or purposefully, it would have been impossible to have not removed evidence, when removing SO many items from throughout the house. These areas included JonBenets room and the basement.

Well I guess it was down to the cops to have taken whatever evidence they wanted beforehand or supervised her. You can't blame her for taking things that might have been used as evidence if they allowed it. You can't blame the Rs either for wanting some of their possessions from the house.

Isn't it possible that most in LE considered the R's to not be viable suspects, and so gave them some latitude with their own belongings in their own house? There was probably enough doubt among them except in the mind of one (who quit and wrote a profitable book about their tragedy).

I would say that a person who removed squad carS pf evidence would have removed evidence without even trying.
yes and more specifically,personal items such as passports and mementos=someone(s) are seriously considering leaving the country!

furthermore,imo the reason the R's did not have a plan (as stated by Patsy in DOI) to leave Boulder in the rental car after they weren't indicted, was because they already had a plan in place to flee the country and weren't ever even thinking they would not be indicted.
I don't buy the silly jokes they were supposedly making about Patsy looking fat in vertical stripes and such...they were making hard plans and had no intention of ever wearing prison attire.JMO.

yes and more specifically,personal items such as passports and mementos=someone(s) are seriously considering leaving the country!

furthermore,imo the reason the R's did not have a plan (as stated by Patsy in DOI) to leave Boulder in the rental car after they weren't indicted, was because they already had a plan in place to flee the country and weren't ever even thinking they would not be indicted.
I don't buy the silly jokes they were supposedly making about Patsy looking fat in vertical stripes and such...they were making hard plans and had no intention of ever wearing prison attire.JMO.

So they should have just left their passports in the house they never intended to enter again? Aren't passports used in the US as identification, and if stolen/lost need to be reported? Hmm. I think you're a bit harsh on them, denying them mementos and their clothes and possessions.

A siggy is a signature line. You have one. JMO8778 has several verses of scripture that pertain to "victory".

I'm sure we could find verses of scripture for just about every word in the ransom note.

An FBI profiler named Clint VanZandt called the term Victory! a 'revolutionary term that harked back to foreign powers.' He also said the author used 'commanding phrases' and was 'used to exerting authority over others'.

By the same logic, IDI believes the RN was written before the murder by the murderer or accomplice. On this basis, it was a message to JR about the kidnapping/ransom of his daughter and (even if we don't understand it) explains the reason. The wording of the RN was planned in advance of the murder, so it is an indication of how the IDI was thinking at that time, so as hard evidence, it requires investigation, not the dismissal as afforded to it by RDI.
I'm not totally RDI, and I really appreciate IDI's posting their ideas. I think it is important we keep looking at all possibilities and you help keep me from jumping on the runaway RDI train. Once you start down a one way track (either RDI or IDI) it is hard to look at evidence objectively because you don't want to consider all the possibilities. I think if IDI...then the note wasn't written ahead of time. It was someone well-known to the R's, someone who had practiced hard and long to forge PR's writing. Someone who didn't really care if they got caught... maybe even prepared to "deal with" anyone else who woke up. Someone who wouldn't immediately frighten the R's if they woke up and saw them in their home. Someone comfortable enough in the home and neat enough to replace pen caps and put pens back in holders. Someone whose DNA had a reason to be in that house.

I'm not totally RDI, and I really appreciate IDI's posting their ideas. I think it is important we keep looking at all possibilities and you help keep me from jumping on the runaway RDI train. Once you start down a one way track (either RDI or IDI) it is hard to look at evidence objectively because you don't want to consider all the possibilities. I think if IDI...then the note wasn't written ahead of time. It was someone well-known to the R's, someone who had practiced hard and long to forge PR's writing. Someone who didn't really care if they got caught... maybe even prepared to "deal with" anyone else who woke up. Someone who wouldn't immediately frighten the R's if they woke up and saw them in their home. Someone comfortable enough in the home and neat enough to replace pen caps and put pens back in holders. Someone whose DNA had a reason to be in that house.

Wasn't written ahead of time? What reason was there to write a RN after a murder?

I'm not totally RDI, and I really appreciate IDI's posting their ideas. I think it is important we keep looking at all possibilities and you help keep me from jumping on the runaway RDI train. Once you start down a one way track (either RDI or IDI) it is hard to look at evidence objectively because you don't want to consider all the possibilities. I think if IDI...then the note wasn't written ahead of time. It was someone well-known to the R's, someone who had practiced hard and long to forge PR's writing. Someone who didn't really care if they got caught... maybe even prepared to "deal with" anyone else who woke up. Someone who wouldn't immediately frighten the R's if they woke up and saw them in their home. Someone comfortable enough in the home and neat enough to replace pen caps and put pens back in holders. Someone whoseDNA had a reason to be in that house.

bold black: based on what we know, there's no way to draw any of these conclusions simply by knowing an intruder did it.

bold blue: No doubt if there were three intruders! I think one may have been sitting in the kitchen the whole time.

The DNA that was discovered had no reason to be in that house. They tested dozens or hundreds against the DNA.

I agree with that totally. The cops should have taken control of the scene, regardless of what PP was doing.

Isn't it possible that most in LE considered the R's to not be viable suspects, and so gave them some latitude with their own belongings in their own house?

That's certainly possible. It's still no excuse, but given the order from above to treat them with kid-gloves, I wouldn't doubt it.

There was probably enough doubt among them except in the mind of one (who quit and wrote a profitable book about their tragedy).

Maybe. The only issue I have with this is that I'm pretty sure ST hadn't come on to the case at that point.

This is Biblical, HOTYH. It wasn't meant to be logical. Did you read the siggy that I was referring to?

She's right. The Bible, especially the New Testament, is filled with passages that hold death to be synonymous with victory. The idea being that true believers will be saved and have eternal life in God's kingdom.

One of my favorites is the First Epistle of Saint Paul to the Corinthians, 15:26:

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death

Now, what's another word for the destruction of one's enemies? Oh, right! VICTORY!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasasays
Back