TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I hate to say it but she may have been getting some type of sadistic pleasure from their grief and helplessness. :(

ITA. I think she also may have wanted to keep close tabs on the investigation, to know where it was headed, what they did/didn't know, etc.

http://www.fortbendnow.com/2010/12/30/49726

“Once we arrived at her house, we stumbled into a wealth of evidence; evidence that showed Jonathan’s body was burned at the residence,” Miller said. “Evidence that showed, perhaps, the items that he was burned with; evidence that had us fairly shaken up in collecting it.”
The 14-year veteran homicide detective called the killing of Jonathan Foster “the worst case that I’ve been a part of” and at time struggled to hold back tears during the briefing.

I am unsure if this has been posted or not. It does include her criminal history.
Some crimes were committed in VA and LA.

I'm talking about horrendous cases of women killing children in general. Eliza Baker (killed and dismembered her stepdaughter), Casey Anthony (duct tape over face, child died in car, she threw her out like trash), Teri Horman (suspected of kidnapping her stepson from school during a science fair and then killing him), Baby Gabriel's mom (said in a text to ex that she killed their baby, but a body has never been found), and I'm sure there's more. I've heard of one woman who put her baby in a microwave. One woman who suffocated her stepson in a car and then disposed him, and then spent time with father after that like nothing was wrong, and I could research and come up with a lot more. More and more, women are killing their children or someone else's and doing it more and more horrendous ways. That's what I mean. In a few years, it won't be surprising that women are being accused of doing horrendous things to either their own kids or kids that aren't theirs. No more are women are innocent good mothers who only worry about the welfare of their children. They just throw them out like trash when they don't want them anymore or prey upon other people's children. The vast chasm between them and men is closing fast on crimes against children, including horrendous murder. Poor Zahra was dismembered, and now Jonathon burned beyond recognition. I hate to ask it, but what is the next woman murderer going to do a child that gets in their way, that they don't want, or that they get angry at or abuse?

I actually think this kind of killing is very rare with women. I also don't think the cases cited above evidence an increase of killings by women. We have always had women who kill children in their care or their own kids, etc., either to get rid of the "burden", due to mental illness and enmeshment issues or abuse gone "too far". But this kind of crime, a woman killing a child they really don't know, that's a completely different animal. In fact, except for murders related to sex crimes, or some other sort of serial killing, the intentional killing of a child not related or affiliated in any real way by the killer is extremely rare, I think, by people of either sex.

However, there does seem to be somewhat of an increase in overall aggression in women in recent decades. "Girl fights" on youtube, women beating up or murdering romantic rivals, etc. I think our culture values violence overall, more and more and it's horrible.

Regardless, this crime is incomprehensible. Why any person would kill a little child, not their own, perhaps due to a robbery interrupted, or a drug debt or revenge or whatever, is sick and beyond comprehension. This person has no soul.

When my nephew was murdered there were over 500 people that came to my sister's house. We didnt know most of these people and didnt think anything of it. It's just something people do, showing support. So maybe mom and sd didnt think anything of it.

The mom is with her mother, she wasn't there.
We have a taser, we have a couple aggressive neighborhood dogs whose owners let them run the streets and they are always after my dogs. That is why I got it. I've used it 1 time. Some drunk guy walked in my back door from a local beer festival and he thought our house was his, but refused to leave and moved towards me and my kids behind me while I was waiting for the police to get here, i let him have it LOL.

Good for you. Just hold on tight to it if using it, you don't want anyone taking it away from you.;)

Where does one even get a taser? I'm a single mom too...

This person came and hung out at my grandmothers house after the viewing and after the funeral, ate our food, hugged our necks. She called my aunt every day to get updates on the case. It's their way of finding out who knows what.
i get THAT part, I swear....

Sounds to me like if the baby sitter and the SD are sitting around with a taser, they must be kind of afraid for some reason. And seriously, going up to someones door who you don't know and they are in this pressure cooker right now...NOT A GOOD IDEA. We want the story, but not if one of our members gets hurt in the process.

I ordered it online :) Just check your laws, they are illegal in some places. Although if faced with danger the legalities of it wouldn't matter to me.

Slaying Suspect Previously Charged With Injury To Child

Mona Nelson Accused Of Killing Jonathan Foster

POSTED: Thursday, December 30, 2010

"When you mentioned her name, I remembered instantly who she was," Judge Kay McNutt said. "It is a small town, and if you talk to some of the older law enforcement and judicial people, then you'd see that they, too, remember."

Her criminal history is lengthy, and some of the charges involve children.

In 2001, Nelson was charged with three counts of injury to a child. All of the children were under the age of 14.

According to the police report, a woman named Danita Morris said that Nelson broke into her home through a window by breaking it with beer bottles.

Morris told investigators that she tried to escape with the three children she was babysitting at the time, but Nelson caught her in the front yard and beat her.

The charges that resulted from the incident were burglary of a habitation, three counts of injury to a child and assault.

"I fell and the kids tried to help," Morris said. "She pushed them out of the way and started kicking me in the head and stomach. She banged my head on the road."

<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26326459/detail.html

So why would MN answer the phone,unless she was wanting to talk to someone she knows,but it was AD instead of SE who called.She had Jonathan ask for SE's phone number,I'm assuming cellphone number since she was on her home phone.SD is with Jonathan 15 minutes before MN is over there.There's got to be so much more to this story.It's odd that MN showed up and wanted SE's number,seems like that was possibly her intent,more than going to take a child in the first place and maybe she went for the opportunity.Why would she be looking for SE's number and wasting time having Jonathan call Mom's office?Taking time to do all of this it's kind of obvious she didn't know AD got off at 2pm and asking Jonathan if AD was his Mom shows she didn't know.

The stepdad and babysitter - the mother is away staying with family. Yeah - I don't have one. But then again I also don't live in that neighborhood - it is one of those parts of town that you avoid or drive really really fast through.
I can't say I blame them for having a taser. They may not have always had it but got it after this happened. Glad they didnt use it on Stormy.

MN has two charges for possession of marijuana. I am curious to know if any of the records state the amount she was in possession of.....small personal use amount or large possible drug dealer amount. Has anyone seen the actual records for these charges?

&#9702;2001: Nelson pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana and served 29 days of a 30-day sentence
&#9702;2002: Nelson was convicted of possession of marijuana in Collin County.

Source: http://www.fortbendnow.com/2010/12/30/49726

The stepdad and babysitter - the mother is away staying with family. Yeah - I don't have one. But then again I also don't live in that neighborhood - it is one of those parts of town that you avoid or drive really really fast through.

I live in The Woodlands---North of Houston but work in Greenspoint which is right near where Jonathan was abducted & found. I agree, that area of town you don't stop in...at least everyone I know doesn't. Greenspoint is also known as Gunspoint...

I actually think this kind of killing is very rare with women. I also don't think the cases cited above evidence an increase of killings by women. We have always had women who kill children in their care or their own kids, etc., either to get rid of the "burden", due to mental illness and enmeshment issues or abuse gone "too far". But this kind of crime, a woman killing a child they really don't know, that's a completely different animal. In fact, except for murders related to sex crimes, or some other sort of serial killing, the intentional killing of a child not related or affiliated in any real way by the killer is extremely rare, I think, by people of either sex.

However, there does seem to be somewhat of an increase in overall aggression in women in recent decades. "Girl fights" on youtube, women beating up or murdering romantic rivals, etc. I think our culture values violence overall, more and more and it's horrible.

Regardless, this crime is incomprehensible. Why any person would kill a little child, not their own, perhaps due to a robbery interrupted, or a drug debt or revenge or whatever, is sick and beyond comprehension. This person has no soul.

I continue to appreciate your posts. They are a voice of reason and always informative.

OMG!!!!!! This is aboslutely horrifying!!

Police described Nelson as methodical and said she waited for an opportunity to take Jonathan.

Gott said Nelson worked as a welder and welding equipment was found in her home. There was evidence that indicated that Jonathan's body was burned there.

"Once we arrived at her house, we stumbled into a wealth of evidence," Miller said.

Police said there was burned carpet, torches and rope consistent with what was found on Jonathan's body.

"She did make attempts to cover up the evidence," Miller said.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html

"I seen her around" doesnt equate to her spending time in the home after the crime...whether she was trying to get close to the investigation or not...nor does it equate to LE stating she was an aquantance to DD.... but then thats me...

I just assumed it was the mother and babysitter based on how the post was written. Thank you for clearing that one up.

So I don't make another error, am I correct in reading that the step-father is with the babysitter at the mother/babysitter's residence?

You can get one online. I am also a single mom...not only do I have a taser & mace, I also have a pistol---though impossible for my child to get a hold of. But I've discovered that a house alarm deters most potential intruders and is safer and works faster than any weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli