TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locals, if you hear anything on the actual REAL TV news regarding any updates, kindly share this info with us. Thank you.

Here's the link

http://twitter.com/#!/cbs7news

some other tweets:

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, spent the evening away from home talking with authorities - according to family members

Hailey's uncle Dale says he took a polygraph test today and passed

Colrado City PD is not releasing any information regarding today's polygraph tests.

Hailey's brother David says that Adkins hasn't been seen since walking away from 3rd polygraph today. Claim is corroborated by 2 uncles.

According to Hailey Dunn's uncle and brother David: mom's boyfriend Shawn Adkins refused to take three polygraphs today.

If you are not going to cooperate and clear yourself then just refuse to be questioned. It is really an all in or all silent option. Trying to wade in to your level of comfort is really bad idea.

If the boyfriend has now refused 4 polys in two days then I think we all need to be prepared for the worst. An innocent man would not refuse any polys no matter how much medication they were on. I think they need to start intensifying the search in wooded areas and lakes now. I still hope she is found alive, but searching these areas is a must now no matter the outcome.

I own both these books and they are EXCELLENT! ITA with you, Belimom- these books changed how I parented my kiddos when it came to safety. The first book, "The Gift of Fear" is geared more for women and the second for children (to be read by parents as some of the stories/examples used could be frightening to younger readers).

~Mish

ETA: Wish these books were required reading by all parents and anyone who works with children!

Ah, thank you! I never knew what was different about them as I only have read "Protecting the Gift". Yes, it is mainly about protecting children - teaching them to respect their own hinky meters (as we say) and how to react to save themselves:

- DO talk to a stranger b/c it will more than likely be a stranger that will save your life

- don't tell them to go to a policeman (they aren't hanging out on every corner, and a kid will mistake a security guard or doorman for a policemen -- and those are some of the LAST people you want your child to trust, according to the author)

- go to a woman first (any woman - most crimes against children are committed by men)

- kick, scream, bite, pull hair: do what you can do to raise suspicion

- and much much more

Having said that, the author does emphasize that the majority of crimes against children are committed by someone they know or someone close to or in the family, or someone close to or in a FRIEND'S family (ie. when at sleepovers, etc).

SARX what else do you call an OUT when one is polyed and places searched where they live..if I am wrong I stand down.

While it may end up in the end meaning something, I call it proper police work. The fact is that you always check and clear those closest to the person first. Most of the time these people are cleared, that's why I don't like to go there until there is more information.

He volunteered for a poly. Do we know the results?

While it may end up in the end meaning something, I call it proper police work. The fact is that you always check and clear those closest to the person first. Most of the time these people are cleared, that's why I don't like to go there until there is more information.

He refused 3 today.:furious:

http://twitter.com/cbs7news

sarx, this whole "mom's boyfriend polygraph" has been very confusing..MSM reporting he *has* taken one, then another saying he has *not*.

that's why it's so confusing to figure out the truth.

If the boyfriend has now refused 4 polys in two days then I think we all need to be prepared for the worst. An innocent man would not refuse any polys no matter how much medication they were on. I think they need to start intensifying the search in wooded areas and lakes now. I still hope she is found alive, but searching these areas is a must now no matter the outcome.

I would lawyer up in such a high profile case such as this one.I would let my lawyer guide me thru the process. Too many people have been incarcerated falsely. I don't want to be one of them. I just think it is wise. I would "freak out" if I had to go to a police station, then to take a polygraph. I don't think I would pass. I would be nervous.

I've been bending over backwards to give him the benefit of the doubt too!

I'm done, over it.

let me at him!:croc:
I'm trying to give him the benefit too, but the fact is...he should've been the 1st one polly'd. He was the last known person to see her, he related the story that didn't pan out, he was fired/quit his job that day, he claimed to have hung out at his mom's...all red flags. Now, with that said...refusing to poly, (if he did in fact refuse), is another red flag, but it doesn't mean he's guilty. He could just be scared of a false negative. If I were in his shoes, & innocent, I'd be petrified. When I read the update about his polys, I kind of interpreted it, as him actually taking 3 different tests, & then walking away. But whether he refused to be tested, or took 3, it's not looking good for this guy. I read that the son talked to the media. I sure hope he's not alone, & has plenty of people around him.

HRD *human remains detection* dogs (working on getting all of our great WS'rs using the proper terms!) can be brought out to find a body/bones decades later.

Glad you are here!!

Can you clarify for me please. Hailey went missing on Monday, Dec 27th. bloodhounds were brought out to search for her scent on the 31st, IIRC.

The bloodhounds went initially towards her dad's house, then turned around and went towards a hotel.

Earlier, I stated that I THOUGHT that (you had taught me) the bloodhounds could be picking up her scent from any time she had been there in the past. On NG last night, a dog handler claimed that SAR dogs can tell the difference between a new scent and an old scent.
What I want to know from you--specifically--is at 4-5 days out, what is a 'new' scent vs. and 'old' scent?? Could good SAR dogs really differentiate, ON the 31st, between a scent made on Dec 27th and a scent made on the 26th??

Just curious. Thanks so much!!

Do you feel comfortable commenting whether you think there is validity to the comment , that Hailey felt uncomfortable around SA?

JMO, but SA's own words reveal Hailey was afraid of him. He said Hailey left almost immediately after he arrived at BO's house.

I would lawyer up in such a high profile case such as this one.I would let my lawyer guide me thru the process. Too many people have been incarcerated falsely. I don't want to be one of them. I just think it is wise. I would "freak out" if I had to go to a police station, then to take a polygraph. I don't think I would pass. I would be nervous.

I don't believe in polys, but if my child were ever missing, I would be beating their door down begging to be tested so they could move on and focus on finding.

I get the impression that SA is not a man of financial means and lawyers aren't free unless he is charged with a crime/arrested at which point he would have the right to an attorney provided by the state.

This is the same man who, only last night, claimed that he 'loves that little girl like she was his own'.
I'm betting if that were true, SA would do absolutely anything to quickly clear himself of involvement so that LE could 'find the real kidnapper'.

just for reference, a link is supposed to be provided for tweets,too. :blowkiss:

(And I have seen media tweet something, and then delete it so a link is good to catch those things.)

Yes, I am aware of that.... thought I had pasted it in both places, but seems I copied a blank address bar instead of the link....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member