TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are thinking since her posting on Fb (which link is in first thread) is with a iphone she must have one???

I think they are thinking since her posting on Fb (which link is in first thread) is with a iphone she must have one???

Not necessarily - read this post from upthread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5977025&postcount=630"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 #6[/ame]

Again, for me this is all about finding Hailey. I am very PRO LE, but I also don't think they are infallible. Are they working hard? Absolutely. Is this a time to "learn as you go"? Umm, no, it's not. If calling LE out on their weaknesses is what it takes to get the ball rolling and support in so that maybe this girl has a chance of being found, well then, so be it. Again, now is not the time for defensiveness, it's the time to come together. Why does this keep happening?

Yeah, this has come up on multiple other cases. Using your itouch puts the same "iphone" marker on your FB and MS page.

On her FB page click on older messages until the date shows 11/27. When she posts something it shows the date/time and Iphone.

So she was using something whether its Ipod/pad IDK.

Can LE track that?

You know, that's something I'm actually trying to find out, as I'm not sure, and the contacts I have who work those areas are not awake right now. I am worried that they may not be able to unless they have the device itself.

In the case here she could have used a friend's itouch/pad/phone for all we know. The scary thing about itouches is all you need is to hook into someone's wi-fi and then you can text, chat, MS, FB away. Being that there is no "service" connected to this I wonder about the "trail" it leaves.

How do we know the local PD was not asking for more resources right off the bat? This isn't some small town that's only a few miles from a big city. If you pass through Colorado City you better make sure your gas tank is full because its a long way to the next town, whichever direction you're going. What I'm saying is, the closest area with training, experience, and resources to help with this would probably be Midland/Odessa or Abilene. If not these, then the D/FW metroplex is probably a 3-4 hour drive from here. I live in a much larger town, but still what I consider a small town of 15000. I have a lot of confidence in our local authorities but I don't think they would even meet some of the expectations of people on this website. The difference is, there are bigger cities within 50-60 miles whereas C-City is kind of out there on its own. JMO that maybe because of their location there was a delayed response in getting resources out to them.

We don't even know if she took her device with her, do we? Whatever it is she has?

I have seen so many posts asking about an Ipad or Iphone. Hailey's mom has stated over and over that Hailey took nothing with her...nothing at all but the clothes on her back. BO has stated in almost every interview that this failure to take any of her posessions with her is one of the main indicators that Hailey did not run away.

We know because we know that one of those 3 closest areas (which I bolded) that you mention DID offer to help. They made the phone call December 29th. They were turned DOWN.

We know this for a fact. It is in the first thread I believe. They had to work to get ahold of them at all and when they did their offer of help was refused.

Here is the link... just because I feel very strongly that I need to prove this.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5959188&postcount=245"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1[/ame]

How do we know the local PD was not asking for more resources right off the bat? This isn't some small town that's only a few miles from a big city. If you pass through Colorado City you better make sure your gas tank is full because its a long way to the next town, whichever direction you're going. What I'm saying is, the closest area with training, experience, and resources to help with this would probably be Midland/Odessa or Abilene. If not these, then the D/FW metroplex is probably a 3-4 hour drive from here. I live in a much larger town, but still what I consider a small town of 15000. I have a lot of confidence in our local authorities but I don't think they would even meet some of the expectations of people on this website. The difference is, there are bigger cities within 50-60 miles whereas C-City is kind of out there on its own. JMO that maybe because of their location there was a delayed response in getting resources out to them.

You know, that's something I'm actually trying to find out, as I'm not sure, and the contacts I have who work those areas are not awake right now. I am worried that they may not be able to unless they have the device itself.

In the case here she could have used a friend's itouch/pad/phone for all we know. The scary thing about itouches is all you need is to hook into someone's wi-fi and then you can text, chat, MS, FB away. Being that there is no "service" connected to this I wonder about the "trail" it leaves.
the iphone could be the phone mom left at home for son and daughter to use

TY. Its all just to sad. Poor Hailey.

I get what you are saying, but, hours or a day maybe, but 7 days? There are federal teams that are ready to rapid deploy when called upon.

I have seen so many posts asking about an Ipad or Iphone. Hailey's mom has stated over and over that Hailey took nothing with her...nothing at all but the clothes on her back. BO has stated in almost every interview that this failure to take any of her posessions with her is one of the main indicators that Hailey did not run away.

Could be that Mom didn't know about it, that it was a gift that she kept hidden. Could be that it belonged to someone else and that's why it wasn't used all the time for updates. I'm guessing Mom didn't have an iphone, but even that's a possibility.

Maybe she had a computer when she was with Haileys dad? IDK

Here's BD MS

http://www.myspace.com/378783028

She must have had another Myspace page at some point because it would have been pretty much impossible for SA to find that page and approach her, and obviously he didn't befriend that page because she only has two friends. And she's listed as married on that page. Maybe she deleted her other page when she was in a relationship with SA and wasn't single anymore. She likes horror movies and metal so they have that in common.

I am a local and I am VERY upset at the way that our LE guys are being portrayed. I don't think that people understand but FYI...
Our Police Chief is an Interm Police Chief that has only been a traffic cop. And he hasn't been one for very long.
NOTHING like this has ever happened here so our LE are trying their best to learn as they go.
I know that these guys are working their tails off and I can't believe that people that are on the out side looking in would say things that make our LE look like they don't care about this sweet innocent little girl.
bumping to give thanks

Sarx... I have been gone awhile.

Would you please give me your opinion on everything you have heard.
I am sorry if this has been asked.

She must have had another Myspace page at some point because it would have been pretty much impossible for SA to find that page and approach her, and obviously he didn't befriend that page because she only has two friends. And she's listed as married on that page. Maybe she deleted her other page when she was in a relationship with SA and wasn't single anymore. She likes horror movies and metal so they have that in common.

I haven't even looked yet, have you checked both married and maiden names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw