TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... I'm sorry... but arresting a guy for POT when his CHILD is missing... is ridiculous.

Oh... right, I forgot... she just ran away and went on a little vacation. *sarcasm*

This article has a LOT of things I didn't know.

Czgtz, have you read it and if so, will you point out anything that is NOT accurate to your knowledge please?

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=RSS

A search of website publicdata.com reveals no criminal histories for Billie Jean Dunn or for Shawn Adkins. Clint Dunn, however, has multiple arrests, starting in 1994 for burglary of a building, a state jail felony. Following that are subsequent arrests in 1998 for possession of marijuana, under 2 ounces, one in March 1999 for driving with a suspended license.

He was arrested again Jan. 30, 2010, by Snyder police for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces. And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.
I find it very ironic that LE would arrest CD for weed and then state to the general public that they are willing to "look the other way" on "things illegal" that they might see when they went through the homes on Friday. Maybe it was the warrant. All it says is "a Scurry County warrant".

This is such a mess.

Who cares? - FIRST, MAIN, NUMBER ONE OBJECTIVE - FIND HAILEY!!!!!

Just seems a bit counterproductive...

"We are going to come search your houses... but don't worry, we don't care about other illegal activities... we just want to find Hailey."

"Oh, except we arrested the missing child's own Dad for a little bit of weed."

Yeah.... I am thinking that people might think twice about letting them search once they hear that. They may end up with people refusing to let them in because they are concerned a teenage/adult child might have weed. :waitasec:

Well, I have to hope that at least at that point in time..there may have been a 'method to that madness'. We don't know the details surrounding that arrest..I would think very likely it may have been found in a cursory search for Hailey or seen by LE while interviewing Clint and his g'friend/wife. While it sounds heartless, we don't know how they were approaching this investigation and if LE considered him a possible suspect at first and felt that maybe the charge could help them in the investigation somehow. I mean I HOPE LE considers EVERYONE suspicious until they have something solid..I won't condemn LE for doing that until I know more ..even though I don't believe Clint had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance..and I don't believe LE thinks so either now ...

Great minds think alike... I agree with the Wise Owl. :seeya:

I find it very ironic that LE would arrest CD for weed and then state to the general public that they are willing to "look the other way" on "things illegal" that they might see when they went through the homes on Friday. Maybe it was the warrant. All it says is "a Scurry County warrant".

This is such a mess.

Who cares? - FIRST, MAIN, NUMBER ONE OBJECTIVE - FIND HAILEY!!!!!

cgtz, as a verified local you should be able to clear up anything you know, if in doubt hit the little report triangle and ask a mod! I really hope you do, as I think it will help a whole lot with narrowing down where she might be.

I don't know if this article has been posted, but it goes into great detail about Hailey and her family:

Thank you for the article! It was well written. It really sheds some light on what this little community is going through. It also seems Hailey would never have run away. She had a wonderful support system and was so well liked. No way did she leave on her own. Interesting that the article states just prior to christmas there were problems with with SA and then just a few days later Haliey goes missing.

It also seems LE is doing the best they can with such a small force and lack of experience in handling missing children. But as a small as they are, LE needs to be willing to accept all the help they can get from outside organizations experienced in handling missing children cases. The MSM is looking at this with a wider perspective, having reported on many other cases where LE handled things very differently from the onset. Yes, the MSM is calling LE out on their slow reaction/response. If it wasn't for the national media "sensationalizing" this, Hailey could still be considered a runaway. Taking a wait and see approach was not a smart move.

LE passing Hailey off as a runaway and letting so much time go by, is a big reason so many people were drawn in by this situation. Just seeing the fear and desperation in Billie to find her daughter, and her not getting the proactive response from LE, was very disturbing.

Colorado City LE should not be faulted for their lack of experience with missing/abducted children. How does a small town LE prepare for something like this? They don't. But, I am thankfull the media has "sensationalized" this case, for Billie and Clint's sake. And, I hope other LE from small communities and towns can watch and learn.

With that said...I would like to hear from the locals if what was said by those interviewed in the article is actually true?

These parents are going through enough right now, IMO heartless is the right word for it.That article seems to be written by someone who does not like how LE was criticized, while I am sure they are doing their best to find her they have made many mistakes.Wasting valuable time by thinking runaway and not taking cars right away,searching right away,They have wasted time Hailey may not have had, I understand this is a small town force but this 2011 not 1950,every town should know the correct way to handle a missing child case time is very important and can be a matter of life or death for the child who is missing.Monsters are in every town across the USA and beyond.People should be aware and not have their heads stuck in the sand until it happens in their town.LE should always immediately look for a child first, find that child and then if they are a runaway so be it but too many of our children are dying everyday because LE tags it a runaway child and most of the time they are dead wrong .

Okay... I'm sorry... but arresting a guy for POT when his CHILD is missing... is ridiculous.

Oh... right, I forgot... she just ran away and went on a little vacation. *sarcasm*

This article has a LOT of things I didn't know.

Czgtz, have you read it and if so, will you point out anything that is NOT accurate to your knowledge please?

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=RSS

A search of website publicdata.com reveals no criminal histories for Billie Jean Dunn or for Shawn Adkins. Clint Dunn, however, has multiple arrests, starting in 1994 for burglary of a building, a state jail felony. Following that are subsequent arrests in 1998 for possession of marijuana, under 2 ounces, one in March 1999 for driving with a suspended license.

He was arrested again Jan. 30, 2010, by Snyder police for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces. And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.

SA was arrested August 8th for PI in Taylor County. I deleted the link from my mail, but it was the county database. That is all i've seen.

I'm guessing LE was at clint's house to search, just like billie's, after Hailey went missing, and that's when they found the marijuana. what are they supposed to do, say oh never mind, your daughter's missing, we'll act like we never saw that....plus perfect reason to be able to hold him and question him about Hailey.

And if anyone refuses to let LE search their house.....bingo....search warrant will appear...imo

That article shocked me for a couple of reasons. Number one, why are they picking on the father at this horrible time, even if he had those run-ins with the law? Personally, I couldn't care less about that - it's just too petty to believe.

Number two, who were all those people coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden? I hope those folks have been screened by the police because they seem to have some knowledge or at least a high interest in this case.

I mean this with all due respect to any friends and/or family of Billie's or anyone involved...czgtz in particular, because I admire your loyalty to Billie..you are the kind of friend anyone would be blessed to have in life..truly. :).. Sometimes though, things can go on in a family that people don't/won't tell even their best friends, you know?

I was in an abusive marriage for 19 years and never told a soul. A few people knew because they were unlucky enough to witness it, but I was too ashamed to say anything. I DO NOT mean to imply that is the case here..only that something similar could be..and please know that I'm not suggesting in any way that Billie had anything to with Hailey's disappearance..only that things could come out during the course of this investigation that may be true, but even the closet of friends and family don't know about..that's all...Hope that makes sense..

SA was arrested August 8th for PI in Taylor County. I deleted the link from my mail, but it was the county database. That is all i've seen.

I'm guessing LE was at clint's house to search, just like billie's, after Hailey went missing, and that's when they found the marijuana. what are they supposed to do, say oh never mind, your daughter's missing, we'll act like we never saw that....

BBM

That's basically what they said Friday when they were searching homes. That ain't right.

However, there was an outstanding warrant. And from a different county. Why there was no further info on the warrant - it could have been a traffic court warrant for all we know.

what channel is local there?

I'm guessing LE was at clint's house to search, just like billie's, after Hailey went missing, and that's when they found the marijuana. what are they supposed to do, say oh never mind, your daughter's missing, we'll act like we never saw that....

I am usually someone who stands up for LE and respect them but in this kind of situation they could have just over looked it.In my own town LE do let some of the teens who are caught with weed go without arresting them,my son had a big rock thrown through his window it bounced on his bed and hit him.This was 2 am I called LE told them who he saw, they found the 3 kids in a car with weed seeds all over the floor of his car.They were arrested for assault but the officer said"his mom is a nice woman I did not want to take her car" so he let the seeds go, which it is against the law in NJ to have pot seeds.So they do have discretion whether to arrest or not.Why add to this man's h3ll right now when his daughter is missing.Then after the dad gets arrested for pot they write an article stating we do not care about pot we just want to find Hailey.Who would believe them?

Just seems a bit counterproductive...

"We are going to come search your houses... but don't worry, we don't care about other illegal activities... we just want to find Hailey."

"Oh, except we arrested the missing child's own Dad for a little bit of weed."

Yeah.... I am thinking that people might think twice about letting them search once they hear that. They may end up with people refusing to let them in because they are concerned a teenage/adult child might have weed. :waitasec:

I understand what you mean..honestly! ..and I am one who also believes that if alcohol is legal then so should marijuana be legal <I know many will disagree but I think alcohol has the potential to pose much more harm to a family than pot..but that's a whole 'nother story isn't it, lol?! I just have to have faith that LE had a reason for doing that ..or at least thought they did..otherwise, I can't imagine why in the world they would! ALL that matters is doing whatever it takes to find Hailey. I've followed enough cases to know that sometimes you just have to have faith and know that things are not always as they seem..but then every once in a while a bonehead move is just what it seems..a bonehead move..:)

I really feel like this may be the case as well. I don't know what it is about this case, but I feel like she is still alive. Maybe it's because she seems like such a vibrant and confident young woman who would be able to fight off an attacker. IDK though, I hope I'm right. :crossfingers:

If she was able to fight off an attacker why is she still missing? Unless, maybe she is in a remote area injured and unable to get help. Possibly, she is hidden away somewhere being held captive. Sadly, the more time that goes by is making me fear the worst. I pray she is still alive, too. I hope you are right!!!

I am usually someone who stands up for LE and respect them but in this kind of situation they could have just over looked it.In my own town LE do let some of the teens who are caught with weed go without arresting them,my son had a big rock thrown through his window it bounced on his bed and hit him.This was 2 am I called LE told them who he saw, they found the 3 kids in a car with weed seeds all over the floor of his car.They were arrested for assault but the officer said"his mom is a nice woman I did not want to take her car" so he let the seeds go, which it is against the law in NJ to have pot seeds.So they do have discretion whether to arrest or not.Why add to this man's h3ll right now when his daughter is missing.Then after the dad gets arrested for pot they write an article stating we do not care about pot we just want to find Hailey.Who would believe them?

What about parents whose children are missing for decades? How long does one's "right" to not being arrested because of their child's disappearance last for? I do think pot should be legal but it's not.

Sorry for the rant but when I see how many children each day go missing either to never be seen again or found dead it just breaks my heart.

What about parents whose children are missing for decades? How long does one's "right" to not being arrested because of their child's disappearance last for? I do think pot should be legal but it's not.

This is so very raw and painful right now for this family it just is not the time. I know it is not legal but geeze .It is too bad he did not go to a doctor and get a legal drug I am sure they would have given him something a whole lot worse then pot.Why did they say in news article they don't care about it ,but arrest the dad?If someone has info but smokes pot do you think they will get involved now?

What I don't get is that even though LE has arrested CD after Hailey went missing - but yet they haven't given him a polygraph. He's asked for one, yet one hasn't been scheduled.

Its like a huge pendulum that swings in very opposite directions.

This is so very raw and painful right now for this family it just is not the time. I know it is not legal but geeze .It is too bad he did not go to a doctor and get a legal drug I am sure they would have given him something a whole lot worse then pot.Why did they say in news article they don't care about it ,but arrest the dad?If someone has info but smokes pot do you think they will get involved now?

I could see LE not overlooking it, if it was cocaine, heroin, etc..but pot? Really?..that's what makes me think they were using it to their advantage at that time. Maybe I'm totally wrong and if I am, then IMO shame on them..

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the latest 'news'.

And I also wondered if, [ed. folks] knowing about CD's arrest on the 29th, that that could be contributing to the 'deceptive' answers LE is getting [ETA] from the people they say are being deceptive (not trying to imply that it's CD being deceptive).

I can see people not wanting to talk about their whereabouts on a certain day at a certain time if they were at a friend's house who may have pot, too. [ETA] Or talking about how they know somebody or where they met them.

Hmmmpphhht - and NG is hindering the investigation? I'm still trying to get over that one.

What I don't get is that even though LE has arrested CD after Hailey went missing - but yet they haven't given him a polygraph. He's asked for one, yet one hasn't been scheduled.

Its like a huge pendulum that swings in very opposite directions.

Unless the investigation took them in an opposite direction and/or were able to clear him in between the bust and the schedule of a poly? Total speculation, but a possibility..

Can anyone fill me in on any new developments... I wish we had this in audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua