TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a fact? The nurses at the hospital where I work are only tested for drugs when they are initially hired.

A good friend of mine is Director of HR at a hospital and I just asked her tonight about this. She said that they are typically screened when first hired and only after that if it is a 'for cause' incident -- meaning that they have reason to suspect drug use based on behavioral or performance irregularities. She said that is the standard in most hospitals where she has worked.

Not saying that is the case here...but definitely a good point to know.

She also was my source of info on the post re: licensure lapse. She said that the state will ALWAYS tell the person that their license has lapsed, but that it sometimes takes longer for that info to flow to the employer. She said that it is the employee's responsibility to share that info with the employer, as they are working outside the scope of their licensure otherwise and that they can be revoked if the employee opts to continue working on a lapsed license. She said that once the hospital finds out, they quickly pull the person off the floor because it can put them (hospital) in a liability mess, too.

If I recall, the issue over the nursing license is old news and has been given a valid explanation in prior threads and all was well. Though, I could have missed something new in between, if so, I do apologize. Not sure where it was posted or I would being it up front.

It's not even a real Iphone, Sarx caught this... it's a fake knock off and it wouldn't post to FB like it did. Or shouldn't... infringement. I don't know a company that wants to take on that lawsuit, tbh.

So, what phone/device were the posts made from?

Who in the neighborhood sports an Iphone? Everyone knows when someone in the neighborhood has an Iphone.

I think I confused you.
What I meant was that a "knock off" as NG said would not allow the FB updates that she was doing, that would take a real itouch (not iphone, but Itouch or also known as an ipod touch). That make sense?

With the drug use mentioned on national TV, I would be surprised if the mom wasn't tested at work very soon (that is, if she hasn't been already).

Drug use? Are you serious? Do you think it is in the realm of possibilities that these were prescribed medications and just maybe someone might need an anti anxiety medication considering her daughter just went missing?

but were talking about 2 different LDT dates.. Rememeber she said they went in on friday after Hailey went missing to take test and they couldnt because they had taken ativan?

Then this past wed almost a week later she was taking meds for a toothache she was only told not to take anxiety meds. ( which I am not sure I believe( but still

I did not know about two LDTs, only the first one?

Oh I see what you are saying. Sorry. But I was under the impression they took the LDTs the very next day after they had taken the Ativan?

Thank you TGIR. I think this merits repeating as a lot of people believed they were hearing from the Texas Rangers.

Being a PIO can really suck sometimes. Your just the voice and are getting blamed for everything and hammered with questions and demands that you don't make the decisions on. I feel for the guy!

The Rangers are an investigative division of the Texas Department of Public Safety, so Sparky can speak for them or for any other TDPS division if need be.

It does seem to me that in this particular instance with the 6th graders, he may have spoken too soon. I am sure he was hoping against hope that it meant Hailey was alive, but that is only my opinion. Sparky loves speaking with school kids...he does it often. Seeing their eagerness to help was probably very heartening.

Exactly. Was Billi on meds then too when she forgot to tell her employers she was no longer licensed? IMO, this was before she was stressed out and had a missing daughter.

How long did she practice without the licenses for months or did I understand this wrong? So much has been said,I can't remember now.Did the board give her the licenses back,because I thought she was working in a nursing home now.

The point is when they were having the discussion LAST week on possible reasons she failed the poly, drugs were brought up, that would have been the time to say yes, I also took antibiotics and pain pills..........she didn't. But now she brings it up like it might be an excuse, which by the way did you catch where they said LE said they didn't think it was just pot, it was with some prescriptions too?

And yes, I'm not confused about the 2 ldt dates at all..........
I could be remembering wrong but that is what I remember she did say last week to NG

The point is when they were having the discussion LAST week on possible reasons she failed the poly, drugs were brought up, that would have been the time to say yes, I also took antibiotics and pain pills..........she didn't. But now she brings it up like it might be an excuse, which by the way did you catch where they said LE said they didn't think it was just pot, it was with some prescriptions too?

And yes, I'm not confused about the 2 ldt dates at all..........

ahh I got what u are saying now My apoligies TEH ..why didnt she mention it Thursday night instead of tonight which makes it look like damage control ..:slap:

I wonder if SA or parents was friends with any of the registered offenders in town. Either knowingly or unknowingly??? Just a thought!!!! I know lots of times, people can be friends with SO and not even know they are listed as them! Just saying!

May be Hailey did but Bille felt the need to clarify that it happend when they were home so Hailey could hear her friends. The house is not that big I am sure she wanted privacy as well. We now know it is not because of the bad cell reception.

But we don't know that. One of the locals here has indicated that their cell service is spotty in the area, so just because it is wide open spaces on level land does not always ensure excellent reception.

Plus, I am beginning not to believe anything that comes out of BD's mouth, anyway, since the story will likely change tomorrow if the present trend continues.

Drug use? Are you serious? Do you think it is in the realm of possibilities that these were prescribed medications and just maybe someone might need an anti anxiety medication considering her daughter just went missing?
Anti anxiety meds, certainly. Ativan PLUS pain killers raises my suspicion.

Who said the 2 girls were with Hailey between 1-3 on Monday?

It was not missed at all! The point is when ask this same question last week she gave the ativan answer, this week she throws in oh, yeah...well I did take a pain pill and antibiotics.

The two meds were taken on different occasions. The Ativan was the reason the first scheduled LDT was postponed.

THEN she was asked if she had taken any medication the day she actually DID take the LDT, and the answer was that on THAT occasion she had taken pain medication and an antibiotic for a bad tooth.

SA's mom lives in Big Spring...Morgan Creek (I think that's the creek you're referring to) is in C-City area.

Do you or any locals know if this is near SA mom or grandmother live?Around 1808 and county road 163 I am very bad with maps and do not know the area at all.TIA

NG answered the question about the ipod device, did not give Billie a chance, so we don't know if it is missing and broken, just missing or just broken.

OK, just a few thoughts, and then I am off to Billie's as soon as the media clears out.

I asked Billie if Hailey had 'an ipod'. Billie said she lost it a few days before Christmas, and she remembers Hailey looking for it. My calling it an 'ipod' and Billie not correcting me is that same as me asking for 'a coke' and her bringing me a shurfine orange soda because that is all that was in the fridge. Please don't dwell of little stuff like that. Now that I am thinking of NG dismissing it as 'broken'..... well, I hope I didn't mess up mentioning it. Maybe this is one of LE's 'leads'.

Billie got a script for ativan from her doctor after Hailey went missing. Le told her that an anti-anxiety would skewer the test results. She told them that she was on pain meds and abts for her tooth.... and they told her that didn't matter.

Billie did call one of the Rangers last night to ask about reports of family changing their stories. I was there. I was the one who read her the story from the link one of you had posted. I now totally feel like **** for reading anything to her.... because I pointed out why in the world would LE make public that they thought Hailey was alive and hiding if they didn't have some idea of that? Crap, it truely did give us a sense of optimism.

LE did tell her she was 'deceptive' on her polygraph. WTH would she lie about that. She put a lot of faith in the poly's, which is why she told SA to leave after LE told her that he failed his.

LE has not given Billie ANY info on who Hailey had been talking to, or anything else they discovered from either her or SA's phone.

As I said before: yes, Billie did have her nursing license temporarily revoked. Not for violating the nurse practice act, but because she renewed with at check, got confirmation that her license was in fact valid (as did her employer), and forgot about it. The check was returned NSF, and by the time she and her employer got notice, she had in fact worked as a nurse on an unrenewed license. Her employer has tried to assist her in getting her license back this whole time, never put her on leave (they gave her a job as a ward clerk until she can get her license back), and have nothing bad to say about her. She has worked at the hospital for around 7 years. The board has agreed to reinstate her nursing license - she was supposed to go to Austin this month. Now, with Hailey missing, I am pretty sure that is the farthest thing from her mind. However, her supervisors have been in contact with the board to explain the circumstances of why she cannot go at this time, and are trying (although the board probably wont allow it) to go in her stead.

Anyone who is or has ever been a nurse knows that you have to hold yourself to a higher standard than you would otherwise. Nurses are one of the most trusted professions..... and employers expect you to be an upstanding citizen whether you are at work or not.

Well, media is gone. Goingto BIllie's. I am sure I am gonna miss a lot of discussion. Would really appreciated if someone could keep up with pertinent or send me a pm for anything else that needs clearing up.

I know that I hold a higher opinion of Billie than some of y'all do.... I am her friend and have known her for years after all. She is not lying about anything. Or covering up for anyone. Or being deceptive in ANY way. I would bet my life on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX