TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure that Clint knew that SA would watch her while she slept? I mean, maybe he didn't know... He said he was surprised with what he read on the documents.

Maybe she told her grandma and the grandma asked her not to tell CD because CD would flip out and become violent? I mean honestly, I can't see a father knowing this information and not reacting... in a violent way. Maybe the grandma wanted to resolve this in a peaceful way?

I'm going to have to give CD the benefit of the doubt here unless I hear otherwise. I don't think he knew to this extent, althought she may have made it known that she didn't like SA. I know if this were me and my Dad found out about this kind of situation, the dude would be seriously injured or six feet under. :gavel:

Missing Texas Girl Hailey Dunn 'Scared' of Shawn Adkins
http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adkins-named-person-interst-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537

Sorry if posted. Just got back on here.

OMG..

Poor Hailey, she was scared of SA..mo

jmo, but surley the grandmother told BD about Hailey being scared? and if so, then Bd knew Hailey was scared of Sa?

just me thinking out loud,...

omg...

Bless Hailey, where ever this sweet child is..

Le, please find this child...

my heart has sunk again...

She could still organize searches, set up a command center etc. There is plenty she could be doing ya know? I wonder if anyone has seen her pass out any flyers? Somehow, I doubt it since the media were all over CD when he was doing it. I personally think the loser icon was perfect!

Not making excuses for her but I think I would be paralyzed with worry, dread and fear in her situation if she thinks there is a possibility she may not see her daughter alive again. Yes, I'm on the fence again.

How did he put her before his own needs? He's out looking for her now but what did he do for Hailey before she disappeared? He hangs out with an RSO. He does drugs. He didn't do anything to protect Hailey. He had to have known about SA's threat yet he didn't insist that H live with him. BD and CD are still married and I have heard nothing about legal seperation or her having custody so I believe he could have gotten HD and DD out of that house. I just don't see where he put HD above his needs. JMO

I was talking about now... After her disapearance.

The RSO he hungout with... what were the charges? Serious? Or something like a 18 year old having relations with a 15 year old?

When a child tells a family member or anyone something like Hailey told her Grandmother something should be done right away. My great niece told me that she did not feel safe as her Mother was allowing a new boyfriend to spend the night (not move in just spend the night). This little 9 year old girl told me that she just did not think that was right. I agreed with her, told her grandmother that day, grandmother went to her daughter's house and kicked him out and told them that NO man was to stay overnight. Told them to take it to a motel. I have told the little girl that anytime she does not feel something is right or is scared to call me. This world has changed since my boys were children but we all have to listen to these children. They do not say these things just to be talking. We have to take action and try to protect them. I still worry about my two nieces but try to stay involved in their lives and trying to keep the lines of communication open and hope and pray every day that they will turn to me if they need to

The girl on Topix was totally legit!! Hailey was scared of Shawn!

Hailey Dunn, the Texas girl missing for nearly three weeks, was scared of her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins, and said he would stand in the doorway of her bedroom at night watching her.
More Video
1 2 3 4 5
PreviousNext
VIDEO: State officials deny local authorities' request to issue alert for Hailey Dunn.
Watch: Missing Teen, No Amber Alert
VIDEO: Elizabeth Johnson admits to killing baby Gabriel in phone call to the boy's father.
Watch: Chilling Calls in Baby Gabriel Case
VIDEO: Search for Baby Gabriel Continues
Watch: Baby Gabriel Search at Texas Landfill

"Hailey did not like him. She was afraid of him and she didn't want him there," Hailey's paternal grandmother, Connie Jones, told ABCNews.com today.

Adkins, 25, was called one of several persons of interest on Wednesday by investigators in Colorado City, Texas. He was the live-in boyfriend of her mother, Billie Dunn. The couple is reportedly no longer together in the aftermath of Hailey's disappearance.

Adkins was the last person to see the 13-year-old cheerleader on Dec. 27, 2010. Dunn, 33, reported her daughter's disappearance the next day.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adkins-named-person-interst-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537

You know Clint's mother had to have told him, again I wonder why he didn't get H out of that house. Not picking on him. I see bad choices on both CD and BD's side and Hailey paid the price. JMO

(OT: I popped something in the microwave last night before NG. When I went to heat up something for DS for lunch today, the dish from last night was still in there... :doh:)

lol

*Runs to check microwave*

I'm going to have to give CD the benefit of the doubt here unless I hear otherwise. I don't think he knew to this extent, althought she may have made it known that she didn't like SA. I know if this were me and my Dad found out about this kind of situation, the dude would be seriously injured or six feet under. :gavel:

Same here. And maybe Grandma was scared this would happen and CD would lose it ... she might have been trying to resolve the situation.

SA had a Blackberry. Don't they have GPS? Or do you need an app for GPS? LE saying nothing for those 2 hours - he must have taken the battery out especially if there is a GPS on it. Anybody have a Blackberry out there and know about this stuff?

I have one, but I didnt even know it had gps, that is, until my darling hubby told me..I think he had to set it up for me eh? he defi had to clue me in on it

lol, I was in a backwards sort of kinda way wondering if mom would cover for him. The bit about her going to the police station to get her computer floors me......why so determined to get it back so soon?

Yep, I totally agree. It appears that SA may have told her that something on the computer would incriminate him and she decided to get it back as soon as she learned of this.

perhaps this could be one of the reasons Hailey had plans to move in with her Dad?

We just don't know.

can i just ask a mod - is it ok to make a comment on the CURRENT internet usage of SA on myspace? or is that out of bounds. i keep getting confused with whats on and off limits.

We can talk about the POI's myspace, with a link, and provided it's public - not private - myspace info.

HTH.

Neither of my sisters, one in Dallas and one in Houston, knew about Hailey until I wrote them about it yesterday, assuming they knew...:(

Some of you are right. I'm not these people, so I should not blow up at how they reacted. I can only tell you now, that if ANY of my grandkids come to me and tell me something like that.....they won't be going home again until that situation is rectified. Don't tell me I couldn't keep them if their parents didn't want me to. There would be such a stink we would be on the national news that night, but that child would NOT go back in that situation. But of course my kids know this.....so.

Hailey Dunn, the Texas girl missing for nearly three weeks, was scared of her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins, and said he would stand in the doorway of her bedroom at night watching her."Hailey did not like him. She was afraid of him and she didn't want him there," Hailey's paternal grandmother, Connie Jones, told ABCNews.com today.

--------
another snip
--------

Hailey told her grandmother that Adkins would pace around the house at night, talking on his cell phone in the bathroom and peering into her bedroom.

"She had told me on a couple of occasions that...he walked around at night and she said that she could see his shadow standing at her door. She said, 'Nana, he scared me. I'm afraid he's going to come in there,'" Jones said.

------
one more snip
-------

Jones last saw the middle schooler on Christmas Day when Hailey tried to take a picture of her grandmother with her brand new ipod.

"It was a good day," Jones said. "She ate two pieces of chocolate pie and we sat and talked. She told me everything that she had gotten for Christmas."

Jones saw Adkins that day too. She said he was quiet and said nothing to her.

----
of course there is more at link
----

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adki...t-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537&page=1

This sets off my Hinky Meter, big time!!!!

Why didn't anyone listen to Hailey....She was screaming HELP to anyone that would listen to her....I guess hindsight is 20/20...If that old saying is true!

WHY....WHY...WHY aren't they bringing in TES to search....Would someone local call up the LE"S and ask them that question????

I can't remember the exact quote, because she has said so much, but I remember Billie , talking about Hailey living away, for awhile, but finally coming home, because she couldn't stand having her away. I think Billie forced Hailey, to move back home. This, IMO, is a case of a woman, putting her nasty bf, ahead of her own children. I expect to hear, that not having Hailey in the house, cut into her finances...welfare, foodstamps, child supprt, income tax refund, something. These kinds of people are almost always, motivated by money. She was gone, safe, & her mom wanted her back, but not enough to get rid of her man. MOO.

Seriously! Reading that make me sick. He would stand at her door....creepy!

I think I have an answer for this... She is a grandparent and I am sure she feared if she said anything she wouldnt get to see Hailey anymore or it would upset her (Hailey). I think probably in her mind she knew Clint was right across the road from Hailey and could watch out for her.? just an idea I dunno

MOO.........could SA of killed Hailey while mom was asleep that night?
Way before they even went to work.
IIRC BD only peeked into the room..........was Hailey dead?
Then everyone went to work........BUT SA went back home.
When DD was locked out of house and saw SA with 'deer look'
was SA cleaning himself up?
Getting rid of things?
Then when BD came home from work they got money for drugs to get high,
have sex and a good time since no kids were home???? JMOO

I do think he has killed her, but I think he came home, grabbed her, and took her to a wooded area... mask... did it here...:cry:

I think alot of adults "duck" when situations arise in families because they for one do not want the kids dumped off on them. People get their lives the way they want them and avoid everything that may change them. God bless the grandparents and extended families who take in the kids.

fwiw the affidavit said 11 calls were captured during that time frame ((so they could have incoming, outgoing, and/or both))

just fwiw

And I think that's who the other 'handful' of failed polygraphs came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Ed