TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can living across the street, or a field away, help if something is going on inside the house...

If Hailey told her mother about this, Billie should be charged with child neglect.

If Hailey told her father about this, Clint should be charged with child neglect.

If Hailey's grandmother did not tell anyone ELSE about this after Hailey told her... she should be charged with child neglect and that will just infuriate me beyond belief.

If they have been screaming to everyone who will listen to help this young girl, then that is different. I know how it is to be screaming for help and nobody listens. Nobody sees the monster behind this man dating a woman with two kids. I know what it's like to have even the judge think that this charming man is a saint.

However, there is no excuse for not screaming for the help to begin with or not continuing to do so until something is done. Hailey is 13 and plenty old enough to voice her desire to not be near him. If only an adult had decided to stand up for her and try to get her away from him.

This isn't "he looked at me funny." This is stalking, predatory behavior.

This is way too close to home for me... my biggest fear... that I am going to be reading an article just like this about my niece one day.

The difference will be that I have been crying, screaming, yelling, begging and nobody is listening. I will be able to say I did everything I possibly could without being violent, to help the little girl.

Can ANYONE in Hailey's family say they did everything, or anything they possibly could to help her?

Hailey Dunn, the Texas girl missing for nearly three weeks, was scared of her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins, and said he would stand in the doorway of her bedroom at night watching her."Hailey did not like him. She was afraid of him and she didn't want him there," Hailey's paternal grandmother, Connie Jones, told ABCNews.com today.

--------
another snip
--------

Hailey told her grandmother that Adkins would pace around the house at night, talking on his cell phone in the bathroom and peering into her bedroom.

"She had told me on a couple of occasions that...he walked around at night and she said that she could see his shadow standing at her door. She said, 'Nana, he scared me. I'm afraid he's going to come in there,'" Jones said.

------
one more snip
-------

Jones last saw the middle schooler on Christmas Day when Hailey tried to take a picture of her grandmother with her brand new ipod.

"It was a good day," Jones said. "She ate two pieces of chocolate pie and we sat and talked. She told me everything that she had gotten for Christmas."

Jones saw Adkins that day too. She said he was quiet and said nothing to her.

----
of course there is more at link
----

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shawn-adki...t-case-missing-texas/story?id=12608537&page=1

I do think he has killed her, but I think he came home, grabbed her, and took her to a wooded area... mask... did it here...:cry:

I hate to think this, much less say it, but I feel you are right...and that it is probably caught on video if it happened.

I think alot of adults "duck" when situations arise in families because they for one do not want the kids dumped off on them. People get their lives the way they want them and avoid everything that may change them. God bless the grandparents and extended families who take in the kids.

Remember DB --- who said that Hailey had lived with her? had lived in Snyder the last month of school last year? I'm now thinking she may be credible after all. There's a reason she said that. And there's a bigger reason that it happened. MOO

Two More Affidavits, Search Warrants Obtained In Hailey Dunn Case

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26484608/detail.html

These warrants were issued out Nolan County by District Judge Glen Harrison, who serves as district judge for both Mitchell and Nolan counties.

There were some minor differences, authorities said, which will be presented by KTXS News after the information is studied and news determined. The latest information will be presented at KTXS News at 5 and 6 p.m.

The district judge issued the two warrants, one to seize a computer and one for digital media.

Remember DB --- who said that Hailey had lived with her? had lived in Snyder the last month of school last year? I'm now thinking she may be credible after all. There's a reason she said that. And there's a bigger reason that it happened. MOO

I found an article here on the media link thread, from back at the beginning that made it sound like this DB person was with the family at the time of the interview. I think she started getting thrown under the bus when she said what she did, because it wasn't following the script of "let's make the family look perfect".

i won't be surprised if before this is over the words "she was coming on to me", come out of SA's mouth about Hailey. He's a sicko.

i won't be surprised if before this is over the words "she was coming on to me", come out of SA's mouth about Hailey. He's a sicko.

Oh, I'm waiting for it. Look at what he said in the affidavit's. :banghead:

We all the questions of who did what when?/IS there a complete time line created and posted somewhere??

A new thread will be opening in 5 minutes - so save your posts if you need to do so.

I understand... but I think he really trusted Billy. And he still does. We see him standing up to her from this day.

I mean, he was clearly not a responsible parents but I think he loves his daughter very much and has been putting her before his own needs. This is not what I can say about Billy. She seems to put herself and SA before Hailey everytime.

I remember reading or seeing where Billie and Clint did not get along well after they separated and the divorce process has been contentious at best. He very well may have been trying to remove Hailey from Billies physical custody on a permanent basis. We just don't know.

MOO.........could SA of killed Hailey while mom was asleep that night?
Way before they even went to work.
IIRC BD only peeked into the room..........was Hailey dead?
Then everyone went to work........BUT SA went back home.
When DD was locked out of house and saw SA with 'deer look'
was SA cleaning himself up?
Getting rid of things?
Then when BD came home from work they got money for drugs to get high,
have sex and a good time since no kids were home???? JMOO

Who knows! It's not like the mother made sure it was her to know any of that.

I think I have an answer for this... She is a grandparent and I am sure she feared if she said anything she wouldnt get to see Hailey anymore or it would upset her (Hailey). I think probably in her mind she knew Clint was right across the road from Hailey and could watch out for her.? just an idea I dunno

I'm totally feeling this. Lets not kid ourselves as sleuthers and fan of true crime I think we are more sensative about these types of things than others. Most people don't really listen to their kids if they have bad feelings about a moms or dads b/f or g/f. People dismiss it as maybe the kid wants bio mom and bio dad back together or maybe they are jealous. So people also feel the kid maybe be making up stories or blowing things out of proportion.

No one wants to think that someone in their life is some sort of sick freak. I also think maybe Gma didnt want to alarm CD and he probably would have gotten violent. Also some are saying Gma should have removed HD from the home. How? She doesnt have a legal right to that child. She could have called CPS, but good luck with that. SA hadnt done anything to HD so I dont think they would have done anything. Then there is the ruffled feathers it may cause and BD may have stopped visits to Gma.

OMG I will flip out ! A 13 your old child isn't coming on to anyone.

I bet he went back home and was watching her sleep and couldnt control his sick demented mind..Arggggh Poor Hailey!

I am so sad for her reading that gave me the worst cold chills and sick feeling I have ever had.

Why would they list the contact solution and not the contacts or the contact case?

Maybe because if someone was out and about, they would have their contacts in their eyes. So it doesn't really give any information to them if her contacts were missing, but if her contact solution was missing, that would be very telling of a conscious decision that she made to pack up and leave. As for the contact case, people often own multiple spare cases, so that not so telling. IMO

I want to hear about the forensics in this case...the car, her room etc.

oh.. and the ipod....

grandma just said in the abc article that Hailey was trying to take her picture with it on Christmas day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul