2010.11.30 DNA Due Back in 45 Days

Will DNA on Caylee's shorts/shirt/Whitney bag bring any viable evidence?

• No

Votes: 88 38.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No evidence after lying in swamp for 6 months

Votes: 99 43.6%
  • Plenty of evidence will be found on those items

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • other-write in your own

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • it will point to George or Cindy Anthony

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters
i too think the elements probably destroyed any dna..if not, i think its going to reveal "touch" dna by family members in the house( ga, ca, ica) and thus cant conclude anything.
may be weird,(and im not a medical expect by any means,) but when a person dies don't they release their bowels? if anything they find might be dna from caylee's fecal matter? thats the only thing i can think of them finding, but you never know, stranger things HAVE happened...
maybe they will find zanny's dna! (sarcasm)

Why would the defense go on this particular fishing expedition? Possibly ICA told JB that someone else (Ricardo,TonE,GA,LA ) handled the shorts and/or laundry basket,at some point.Not in relationship with Caylee's murder,but for something else.
Suppose ICA asked Jesse G. to put the laundry basket with the balls into another room,back when he was in the picture. Or maybe Ricardo moved the shorts from the floor to a table when Caylee was sleeping over at his house.
There must be a backstory for the defense to pick those two items .Why not do the "touch dna" on the duct tape or the trash bags? IMO it's because ICA knows which items would have only her DNA and which might have someone elses.

KC has nothing to lose by them doing the test. It would be expected to find her's or Caylee's DNA. So whatever else they could find might mean reasonable doubt. Problem is if there is no trace of Caylee's DNA how could there be someone else's DNA. Absence of Caylee's DNA would be significant. In light of the fact that Mom will not give any helpful info other than the "Nanny" took her, if they find a trace of DNA it will probably not help her much.

BBM

Unless of course, it is revealed with proof that Casey later added the shorts on her return trip to the woods, which I firmly believe will happen during the trial, if there is one. ;)

I know it's been said that criminals always return to the scene of the crime, and I don't doubt that Casey may have gone back to the dump site on Suburban sometime after she dumped Caylee's body, and before Cindy found her on July 15th.

The most likely time frame is when Tony was in New York which included the long 4th of July weekend. Casey dumped the Pontiac at Amscot on June 27th and it was towed on June 30th. So, she had no transportation until Tony left for New York and she had use of his Jeep.

IIRC, Casey went to JG's to shower on Monday, June 30th. Did Casey take something of JG's from his bathroom with his DNA on it? Did she use Tony's Jeep to revisit the dump site?

One thing I remember about the details of that time frame that I've wondered about is that Casey washed Tony's Jeep before he came home. Why? I guess it could be a simple matter of wanting to do something to please him, but I've wondered if there was another reason? Did Casey move the body using Tony's Jeep? Did she take Tony's Jeep off road and get mud on it? Something just doesn't sit right with me about her washing Tony's Jeep. I think Casey had a reason for washing Tony's Jeep.

I too thought of Casey going to JG's to take a shower, and her telling her parents she didn't trust him. The possibility exists of Casey planting DNA evidence or having someone else do it. But, that said, I'm not so sure Casey is smart enough to have thought of that.

I dunno...remember she had the foresight to make up the squirrel plastered to the frame of "her" car (or dead animal, I can't remember the exact lie). I can see her setting someone up with the "I don't trust him" nonsense.

Perhaps there will be DNA from Zanny on the items!

Uhmm nevermind , we're not doing Zanny anymore. Bad me.:redface:

I noticed something very interesting on the amended Defense Expert list filed today. In the correspondance between JA and JB, JB advises JA he should depose one of the experts last because he hadn't completed his work yet. He makes no such mention that he shouldn't depose the expert from the lab in PA doing the touch DNA.
Freudian slip? Outright lie? Seems to me the DNA is already complete in JB's mind. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/25996756/detail.html

I noticed something very interesting on the amended Defense Expert list filed today. In the correspondance between JA and JB, JB advises JA he should depose one of the experts last because he hadn't completed his work yet. He makes no such mention that he shouldn't depose the expert from the lab in PA doing the touch DNA.
Freudian slip? Outright lie? Seems to me the DNA is already complete in JB's mind. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/25996756/detail.html

That is interesting! I was also wondering why Dr. Rodriguez the not yet JAC approved Taphonomy Expert has his work completed already :waitasec:

Bumping up...in todays media reports it reminds us TODAY is the deadline for the Touch DNA results to be filed....

Hmmmm and nothing but silence...I think absolutely ZERO touch DNA was found. Oh wait, there's still eight more minutes, LOL.

HHJP ordered a report, I wonder if they have to turn it over whether or not anything was found.

Was wondering the same exact thing....I'm kinda thinking they didn't just get the results back TODAY....soooo, maybe when they came back with nada....OR, as we all know, probably only KC's DNA was found.

IMO, that may be the reason for the barrage of motions lately to exclude....well, EVERYTHING!!!

Bumping up...in "Todays Current News" thread, nums24 reminds us TODAY is the deadline for the Touch DNA results to be filed....

nums24 also provided the link to the motion below....

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/Casey-Anthony-Motion-1203.pdf

TY, nums24, for keeping us updated with that news !!! I know I'm ready to read THAT report.... ;)

Nothing mentioned on WESH other than Baez paid his Fine..included a Letter and that it won't be made Public.

Our Choices, The Defense could have
1) Faxed it over to the State,
2) The Media is unaware of the Filing IF filed with the Clerk, (history shows us if it was filed it would have been between 4:55 to 4:59pm)
3) They didn't file at all...but that would mean disobeying Judge Perry Again..

any other choices..

Yikes, what the heck are they in for if they didn't file it on time after the events of the past week???

Oh wait. That would be another sanction and another appeal of sanction and another delay maybe?

:banghead:

Nothing mentioned on WESH other than Baez paid his Fine..included a Letter and that it won't be made Public.

Our Choices, The Defense could have
1) Faxed it over to the State,
2) The Media is unaware of the Filing IF filed with the Clerk, (history shows us if it was filed it would have been between 4:55 to 4:59pm)
3) They didn't file at all...but that would mean disobeying Judge Perry Again..

any other choices..

Nothing updated on the docket either, hmmmm. I hope the SA brings it up tomorrow, but I have faith that HHJP will remember, if not it's sanction time.

HHJP ordered a report, I wonder if they have to turn it over whether or not anything was found.

Here's the order: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...tional Discovery & Other Dicovery Matters.pdf

I think if they will not be introducing any DNA evidence and the experts involved in this DNA testing will not be testifying then they probably do not have to turn over anything, positive or negative.

By the same token if they don't have anything by now they in all likelihood will not be allowed to use it at trial in any manner.

Does anyone know, was that 45 days a hard deadline, ie "must have DNA results by 45 days!" or was it simply an estimate of when the tests would be back from the lab?

I'm sitting here with an evil grin, twirling my imaginary pointy beard, loving the apparent fact that the defense missed yet another deadline and defied yet another order. If only I had a freaky-looking cat to be stroking while mulling over the possible consequences of this one.

Rut Roh. Rots of Ruck, JB!

I think if they will not be introducing any DNA evidence and the experts involved in this DNA testing will not be testifying then they probably do not have to turn over anything, positive or negative.

By the same token if they don't have anything by now they in all likelihood will not be allowed to use it at trial in any manner.

Does anyone know, was that 45 days a hard deadline, ie "must have DNA results by 45 days!" or was it simply an estimate of when the tests would be back from the lab?

Says Must be completed and provided to the state within 45 days by January 13, 2011. The date was bolded in the motion.

HHJP ordered a report and specified the date, it's in the order that I linked to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu
Back