2010.11.30 DNA Due Back in 45 Days

Will DNA on Caylee's shorts/shirt/Whitney bag bring any viable evidence?

• No

Votes: 88 38.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No evidence after lying in swamp for 6 months

Votes: 99 43.6%
  • Plenty of evidence will be found on those items

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • other-write in your own

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • it will point to George or Cindy Anthony

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters
Oh for cryin' outloud! If we can keep track of this stuff here at WS, what's due and when it's due...then a law office defending a death penalty case should most certainly be able to keep track of these things. If they missed another deadline, it was no accident and the only excuse for it, is to have their client granted a new trial after she's convicted at the first one.
JB & Mason would love for everyone to think that they are just a couple of unusual persons but they both know what they are up against and what they are up to. They're still unusual persons as far as I'm concerned but they know dang well what they are doing! jmo

HHJP ordered a report and specified the date, it's in the order that I linked to.

but he didn't specify to give it to the State in a pleading to the court. You have to be really specific with Team Casey. Maybe it's in email form or hey... he picked up the phone. Do you think we won't see it until it's released in discovery? :waitasec:

but he didn't specify to give it to the State in a pleading to the court. You have to be really specific with Team Casey. Maybe it's in email form or hey... he picked up the phone. Do you think we won't see it until it's released in discovery? :waitasec:

You know, that's very true. I guess I was giving the defense too much credit. I could swear HHJP said he wanted everything in the future to be in a pleading too. I would have hoped they would have filed a "Notice of Provision of Discovery" like they did with the 300+ pages of expert info.

When did the defense turn over the DNA to their expert for testing? Way longer than 45 days because they were waiting on results then IIRC. You can grow a trimesters worth of an entire human being in 91 days. What's taking so long here???

You know, that's very true. I guess I was giving the defense too much credit. I could swear HHJP said he wanted everything in the future to be in a pleading too. I would have hoped they would have filed a "Notice of Provision of Discovery" like they did with the 300+ pages of expert info.

I believe Judge Perry did say that, nums24, but Mason and Baez will have a "pretense of ignorance" moment. And we didn't see a request for extension either. hmmnnn...

I believe Judge Perry did say that, nums24, but Mason and Baez will have a "pretense of ignorance" moment. And we didn't see a request for extension either. hmmnnn...

The beauty of televised proceedings is, we got to watch all three of them busily writing down every word as the judge slowly dictated them his ruling. I remember his words and he raised his voice and eyebrows when he said must be filed. CM was looking down so he probably didn't hear it. And since when is ignorance of a law an excuse to break it??? These are Officers of the Court. Wouldn't it be a hoot if BP asked KC what her understanding of the motion was and she got it right? I'm not sure he can but it's fun to dream.
Not angry at you if it came off that way!! You just inspired the flow :)

When did the defense turn over the DNA to their expert for testing? Way longer than 45 days because they were waiting on results then IIRC. You can grow a trimesters worth of an entire human being in 91 days. What's taking so long here???

:giggle:

If Baez or CM did indeed pick up the phone and call HHJP directly to say they needed more time on the DNA deadline, as instructed by HHJP, would we necessarily know that by now?

If Baez or CM did indeed pick up the phone and call HHJP directly to say they needed more time on the DNA deadline, as instructed by HHJP, would we necessarily know that by now?

And do we suppose that JB knew yesterday he would not have the report for today and could have filed an for an extension since he had CM doing all his "other" work for him???? jmo

Well there are 2 dates,

Sept 28. 2010
Judge Perry approved Touch DNA Testing but it must be done at an agreed upon and accredited lab in the U.S

THEN
The JAC filed a motion because they were not noticed in the previous hearing for DNA testing...and did not want to pay to send the items out of Florida....

Nov.18, 2010
Judge Perry approved the $2000 on DNA testing and to send the 2 items to an out of state lab..

I dunno...remember she had the foresight to make up the squirrel plastered to the frame of "her" car (or dead animal, I can't remember the exact lie). I can see her setting someone up with the "I don't trust him" nonsense.

I believe it went something like "2 dead squirrels climbed up in her car."
Not verbatim, but close.
jmo

I'm sitting here with an evil grin, twirling my imaginary pointy beard, loving the apparent fact that the defense missed yet another deadline and defied yet another order. If only I had a freaky-looking cat to be stroking while mulling over the possible consequences of this one.

Rut Roh. Rots of Ruck, JB!

What a phenomenal visual! Love It!

I am curious about the wording of the letter from CM. It ends with comments about the consequences for JB referring to his youth, future impact, and experience. Maybe I don't understand what this contempt charge means for JB. Is it a huge black X next to his name that would keep him from practicing law in the future? What is the impact if Ashton were to cash the check? It has already been court ordered! So they seriously have been mocking the courts deadlines, and court orders, and dropping hints and comments about how they can get professionals to sign on for a box of oranges, (like they are above the law/rules/normal procedures, etc). Now we have one Atty pleading for his partner on this case? WTH? How did this get so far away from Justice for Caylee? I am sure that from Caylee's point of view it would seem that all the big people just don't pay attention to her. So very sad.

Not verbatim, but close.
jmo

Depending on who KC was telling the story to, the details regarding the dead squirrels would change. Lee got the story about the "two dead squirrels climbed up into her car" and Amy got "the squirrels were plastered to the frame of her car" because her father hit something. So depending on what day of the week it is the squirrels were either running or climbing. I know it's hard to grasp but it's a "squirrel" thing. jmo

Well there are 2 dates,

Sept 28. 2010
Judge Perry approved Touch DNA Testing but it must be done at an agreed upon and accredited lab in the U.S

THEN
The JAC filed a motion because they were not noticed in the previous hearing for DNA testing...and did not want to pay to send the items out of Florida....

Nov.18, 2010
Judge Perry approved the $2000 on DNA testing and to send the 2 items to an out of state lab..

Tks!! So that would mean they've probably only had it a few weeks. If JAC was notified on November 18 of the decision, I wonder how long it took them to cut a cheque so JB could send it. I wonder if he even remembered to send it off with Christmas and whatever :) He had a haircut to pay for since November which may have affected his ability to pay fed-ex.
Or maybe he did send it but spent the JAC money in the meantime on toner and copy paper so he could print off that 300 page document the judge never got and can't pay the lab anymore if JA cashes his fine.
Ah those crazy middle aged youth :crazy:

Not verbatim, but close.
jmo

That comment was priceless and was one of the things that got me hooked!! I remember thinking to myself how strange that a fur bearing animal like a squirrel , in the Florida summer, would chose to climb into a baking in the sun and maybe just driven sweltering hot metal place.

I posted in the Today's News thread that there was a "Notice of Provision of Supplemental Discovery" filed today, I'm not sure if it was the state or defense though.

Tks!! So that would mean they've probably only had it a few weeks. If JAC was notified on November 18 of the decision, I wonder how long it took them to cut a cheque so JB could send it. I wonder if he even remembered to send it off with Christmas and whatever :) He had a haircut to pay for since November which may have affected his ability to pay fed-ex.
Or maybe he did send it but spent the JAC money in the meantime on toner and copy paper so he could print off that 300 page document the judge never got and can't pay the lab anymore if JA cashes his fine.
Ah those crazy middle aged youth :crazy:

KaRN
iirc, I had believed the items for Touch DNA testing had already been sent out and the Nov. 18 telephonic hearing had to do with Clarification of payment by the Defense and JAC's objection for not being noticed for the Sept 17 hearing

found the hearing....

November 18, 2010 Telephonic Hearing
Defendant's Motion for Clarification on DNA Testing..and JAC has an Objection
http://www.wftv.com/video/25841176/index.html

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120104"]2010.11.18 - Hearing on Clarification of DNA Testing - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Has the Defense handed over any Discovery on DNA Testing?

According to what Baez said at the Nov.18 hearing..the DNA testing/inspection on the 2 hairs was complete....

Hair strands clarification

around 6:18 mark
Baez corrects the misinformation that the hair strands are 2 be sent to the PA lab..it is the bag and shorts that they will be sending to PA to get tested.

Now in regards to the hair strands being tested...at the 6:40 mark,
Baez said that they were already sent and have been reviewed by the Defense expert and have either been returned or are on their way back. That inspection is complete.

JAC: That the nature of their main concern was that they never received a copy of the motion from Sept 27 on DNA testing nor a notice of the hearing on Sept 28.
And as the party expected to pay for the testing they had no notice and no opportunity to appear at that hearing.

Baez: Under conditions of the Order by both parties it was not possible to use the labs outlined by the JAC..Did not do any comparison shopping because these labs were not ASCLAD certified.

Judge Perry: In the Sept 28 hearing the SAO argued and the Court agreed with them that the Lab needed a certain certification in this particular case.
Court will permit the testing at the Lab.
The fees which are announce just over $2000 is not an exorbitant amount of money, therefore the Court will GRANT the Motion for DNA testing.

Final Remarks by Judge Perry about Failure of the Defense to notify JAC
At the 10:12 mark
The Court will remind the Defense(the court will take responsibility of this) that whenever they talk about motions that require expenditures of money we need to notice JAC...we are trying to get this case ready for trial and certain deadlines must be met.

Depending on who KC was telling the story to, the details regarding the dead squirrels would change. Lee got the story about the "two dead squirrels climbed up into her car" and Amy got "the squirrels were plastered to the frame of her car" because her father hit something. So depending on what day of the week it is the squirrels were either running or climbing. I know it's hard to grasp but it's a "squirrel" thing. jmo

You know the sad thing Lamb Chop, redirected, with her imagination Casey Anthony could have become a writer. She reminds me so much of this old short story. www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/OpeWin.shtml - Cached - Similar
In any case, about the squirrel:
www.clickorlando.com/news/17541114/detail.html - Cached
snipped
"In a phone call to Amy Huizenga, Casey Anthony told her friend, "It smells like something died in my car."

Casey Anthony claimed her father, George, had possibly run over a squirrel when he borrowed her car that week.

However, the date would have been during a period when the Anthonys said they could not find Casey Anthony.

Also, on June 27, documents show that Casey Anthony sent a cell phone text message to her friend (Amy Huizenga) that reads, "There was definitely part of a dead animal plastered to the frame of my car."

As Amy Huizenga and Cindy Anthony were driving around town looking for Casey, Cindy Anthony wondered if the foul odor was connected to her daughter and granddaughter.

Huizenga said, "They were afraid it was either Caylee or Casey stuffed in the trunk."

We know the DNA wont be coming back to be of a squirrel.

Says Must be completed and provided to the state within 45 days by January 13, 2011. The date was bolded in the motion.

It wasn't until I saw this thread bumped up that I remembered that it's already been 45 days. There was no mention at today's hearing of the lab test results.

I guess we can assume that there were no significant results and JB won't be using anything from the testing at trial. But, the state paid for the testing, so I would think they're entitled to see the results, positive or negative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back