TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Mark K. denied quite vigorously that Billie is in any kind of denial about SA, last night, didn't he? He seemed almost angry that the shrink mentioned it.

To be fair, IIRC, any info we have concerning Clint and his current living conditions came from the friend of BD who used to post here.

Would love to know if MK has told BD to take another poly....he used to be really big on that. And, I wonder how he's getting along with LE there after so harshly (unfairly, imo) commenting on how inept they are.

But Mark K. denied quite vigorously that Billie is in any kind of denial about SA, last night, didn't he? He seemed almost angry that the shrink mentioned it.

Well, my opinion is if she ain't in denial......she's guilty. And I think there is a little bit of both going on.

To be fair, IIRC, any info we have concerning Clint and his current living conditions came from the friend of BD who used to post here.

Would love to know if MK has told BD to take another poly....he used to be really big on that. And, I wonder how he's getting along with LE there after so harshly (unfairly, imo) commenting on how inept they are.

Do you think he's only dealing with Texas Rangers or FBI?

I get what you all are saying.. maybe Billie sees him as a hero in all of this awful mess. They spend alot of time together and he naturally wants to be a shoulder for her. he has been through this and she needs a strong person in her life.

The strongest shoulder on earth for any despondent mother to lean on is the FBI. An innocent, despondent mother, anyway.

As far as BD's plea tonight. I said its not so much what BD says, its more about what she doesn't say. Watch her body language. When Patty gets the video up - watch it and turn off the sound. Watch her eyes, face, hands, hangs her head. Speaks volumes, yet never says a word. I really didn't like the "read" I got from BD tonight.

OMG...I was busy with the Real Life and I missed Nancy Grace....

Does she come on again at 11:00? I have been watching the repeats at 1:00AM. But DH is home and I don't want to stay up that late...Last night I was posting at 2:00 AM..then I slept until 11:00AM...retirement is great!!!

DEAR GOD...PLEASE BRING HAILEY HOME TO THOSE THAT LOVE HER

If cadaver dogs hit on band aides and feminine products they'd alert all over a landfill. That can't be right. mo

It's possible that if Billie was on some sort of prescription meds when we first "met" her, she is no longer taking them or anything else, and is going thru some sort of withdrawal. That would add to any emotional/mental pain, yet might make her appear even more flat, perhaps?

IMO she should be off the antibiotics and the pain medication but I would imagine that she's got a running refill on the Ativan while this is going on.

Remember, we have a new K9 SAR Q&A thread in the private forum. You can ask questions about the dogs there and verified K9 SAR team members will answer them for you.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125709"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Do you think he's only dealing with Texas Rangers or FBI?

I have no idea....don't know how his org. works. So far, I've only seen him with Billie and talking about more volunteers to post flyers. He does seem to have someone that is setting up searches. Hopefully, working with LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondergirl
"Mods, is it possible for Hailey to have her own forum?

We seem to have an awful lot of threads in the basement, and I am not really entirely sure why? It is so useful to have the topics broken up into threads, it is so difficult to read every post on a general thread like this one.

We have gone through an awful pile of threads, and the facts are scattered throughout 36 of them. "

There are facts scattered in the 36 threads?

Now I gotta start all over! :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Much needed levity! Thanks, I needed that!
:D

I think NG needs a new dog expert. :crazy:
Not necessarily. Most dogs used in search and rescue have been cross trained. Cadaver dogs are generally tracking dogs (dogs trained to detect a specific human scent) that have been cross trained to detect decomposing human bodies. There is a different name for a dog trained specifically to detect human decomposition. But even those dogs will occasionally hit on human blood or tissue not associated with decomposition.

I'm in no way an expert on this topic, but it's been discussed here often enough that I've done some research. Let me see if I can find a link.

There is a Body Farm at Sam Houston State University @ Huntsville, Tx too. Isn't Huntsville death row in Texas?

(Slightly O/T) I didn't know that! I'm studying Pathology and would love to visit the one in Tennessee, maybe for a summer seminar. Glad to see there are more up and running, there is so much valuable information to be learned in those environments.

I have no idea....don't know how his org. works. So far, I've only seen him with Billie and talking about more volunteers to post flyers. He does seem to have someone that is setting up searches. Hopefully, working with LE

Brad Dennis does most of the organizing, I believe. I don't know if they are working with LE on this case, but I know they have gone out without LE assistance in the Wix case.

I'll see if Tricia can come in and discuss as she's been in contact with the team.

You are probably correct about decomposing blood. They will hit on body parts. But animals? They shouldn't.

Cadaverine is produced by rotting animals as well. A dog might be able to make a distinction based on a profile of smells, but if they only going after cadaverine it wouldn't be specific.

Mods, is it possible for Hailey to have her own forum?

We seem to have an awful lot of threads in the basement, and I am not really entirely sure why? It is so useful to have the topics broken up into threads, it is so difficult to read every post on a general thread like this one.

We have gone through an awful pile of threads, and the facts are scattered throughout 36 of them.

NO! NO! NO!

As a mod - I will not support a forum (granted I am only one voice) for a case that causes 19 alerts in little more than an hours time. I am just shocked at this thread.

Tricia has had to intervene in this thread almost daily.j

What part of the rules does everyone NOT UNDERSTAND.

Now the silly accusations going on are just unREAL. I can't believe it.j

NO - I don't support a forum.

Not until this thread calms down and posters start sleuthing instead of gossiping.

OH MY GOSH :furious:

Salem

Not necessarily. Most dogs used in search and rescue have been cross trained. Cadaver dogs are generally tracking dogs (dogs trained to detect a specific human scent) that have been cross trained to detect decomposing human bodies. There is a different name for a dog trained specifically to detect human decomposition. But even those dogs will occasionally hit on human blood or tissue not associated with decomposition.

I'm in no way an expert on this topic, but it's been discussed here often enough that I've done some research. Let me see if I can find a link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125709"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike