GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction : CJ will not take legal action against the police for false arrest. You heard it here first.

Oh I think he will. If he has the funds then it would at least get him cleared with the public if police are made to share why they arrested him but also why they released him without charging. His reputation has been essentially destroyed, look at how many still wonder if it was him.

If they arrested him based on his statement and little else, he has a case especially as LE let the public know.

Whatever the evidence the police have got, it sounds as though VT is up for fighting the case because he's going for bail. The evidence can't be conclusive then unless they haven't shared it all with him. Can the police withhold evidence from a defendant until the trial?

I would imagine so in order to trip him up - but damning evidence such as forensics they would share in order to gain a quick confession as someone said earlier.

Hello everyone.
My first post. Been following this thread for a few days and still haven't decided on a plausible theory. As it has been a slow news day and we've only had the court appearance I thought there were 1 or 2 interesting visual clues.
If we assume VT is innocent (I'm not sure if he is or isn't), then he would want to communicate to the outside world as soon as possible protesting his innocence.

He knows he can only give his name and address at the hearing so what else can he do?

1. He stares intently at the magistrate. This tells me he has not confessed or his body language would be more defeatist.
2. He wears a red jumper. This could be irrelevant but given that he can only communicate visually could be indicative of the 'Red Herring' mentioned earlier.
3. He rolls his sleeves up. This could be indicative that he is ready for anything that may be thrown at him and he is ready for the battle.

JMO

Hi Tribeca

The red jumper was probably because that's all he had to hand to wear. He's been in police cells since Thursday. He may have spent some of that time in a paper suit, or in the clothes he was arrested in. They don't give suspects time to gather a change of clothing to take to the nick with them and have to rely on their lawyer finding someone with the means and willing to bring to the station a change of clothing. What he was wearing in court today he very likely wore because that's the only choice of clothing he had today.

Hi Tribeca

The red jumper was probably because that's all he had to hand to wear. He's been in police cells since Thursday. He may have spent some of that time in a paper suit, or in the clothes he was arrested in. They don't give suspects time to gather a change of clothing to take to the nick with them and have to rely on their lawyer finding someone with the means and willing to bring to the station a change of clothing. What he was wearing in court today he very likely wore because that's the only choice of clothing he had today.

It may not even have been his jumper or one purchased by his solicitors? - perhaps too short in the arms due to his height so he rolled up the sleeves??

Do you really think what you are implying ?

yes I do

Or are you just viscerally anti-police or perhaps a member of VT's legal team ?

neither

see my post re the police scenario of how vt could have done it

but

theres plenty to show that others could as well... i have lots of info to show other possibilities

unless a full confession appears and a full dna match or cctv with him actually dumping the body then it would appear that vt is quite confident that he can beat this

Whatever the evidence the police have got, it sounds as though VT is up for fighting the case because he's going for bail. The evidence can't be conclusive then unless they haven't shared it all with him. Can the police withhold evidence from a defendant until the trial?

No.

He won't as yet however know the full extent of the case against him that the CPS has built. Once the committal hearing is held the CPS depositions will be released to his solicitor. These consist of his own police interview transcripts, forensics reports, autopsy, police at the scene statements, other witness statements etc.

I honestly don't think he'll be cleared until the police are sure he isn't involved in some way. I'd be surprised if he didn't own the flat that Tabak lived in and they'll want to make sure that he hasn't meddled to point the finger at someone else. Also, no matter what some people say his alleged sighting just didn't add up. The press quoted the two other neighbours and so I doubt they made it all up. To be honest, when I first heard of that my first impression was that CJ was trying to shift speculation on to other people and he hadn't actually seen anyone, especially as the screams heard by two others were heard around the same time and I don't think he mentioned that. It was also not long after Greg's brother was talking about their alibi together and that made me think that the LL might have been trying to implicate those two at the beginning, before it became obvious that Greg's alibi was cast iron.

a drama queen???

He has excellent taste then. They are "faves" from my bookshelf too but there's nothing odd about that. Christina Rossetti was a brilliant poet and it would be more strange to find a teacher of English who didn't have her works on his/her shelf.

agreed

I'm more concerned if a person who had the works and perhaps has a dysfunctional sexuality and homicidal tendencies has used these works as a basis for a fantasy and method of hiding his actions

I just think if he was totally ruled out they would have de arrested him by now? Will be interesting if any of the many unanswered questions in this case eventually come out!!!1

In the UK, wouldn't all the details come out in the press at the time they are presented in court? I would think that legal proceedings would be public record.

Are they ever televised?

In the UK, wouldn't all the details come out in the press at the time they are presented in court? I would think that legal proceedings would be public record.

Are they ever televised?

It definately wont be televised but yes the press will report some information from the court proceedings

The former colleague could have said "They might have known each other and worked together".

I can't see how VT could be lying on this point without immediately raising suspicion from GR, TM and all the people he worked with. If he had worked with JY, then there are plenty of people who'd know about that so why would he voluntarily lie to the media and risk being exposed?

There's degrees of knowing - especially given English isn't his first language, we could take "not knowing" to mean anything from never having set eyes on her to being passing acquaintances.

Pure speculation but you could see how, having only recently moved in, Jo would be keen to get to know her neighbours, especially if she knew they had common professional links...and finding herself at a loose end on a Friday night after a couple of drinks was happy to accept an invite to a neighbours flat or to invite a neighbour into her flat...especially at Christmas.

So in some respects the degree to which they knew each other isn't vastly important as it doesn't preclude either the possible motive or potential opportunity.

Oh I think he will. If he has the funds then it would at least get him cleared with the public if police are made to share why they arrested him but also why they released him without charging. His reputation has been essentially destroyed, look at how many still wonder if it was him.

If they arrested him based on his statement and little else, he has a case especially as LE let the public know.

You think he will, but your arguments begin with the word "if". And there are a lot of other ifs too.

If he is innocent of murder. If he is innocent of connivence. If the enquiry has brought to light no other naughties against him. If he really thinks he will win such a case. If he really thinks his reputation will be in better shape at the end of such a case than before it. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member