2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

I'm confused about this... why would it be ok and not a violation of atty/client privilege for BC to talk about the CA/GA letter to MN that JB went behind BC's back to get? And if for whatever reason, this revelation did not break ACP, what might the other revelations entail if they WOULD violate ACP?

Will we ever find out? Should this post be in the Lawyers' thread? Is everyone else as kerflunkeled as I am?

I think this would be great in the attorney thread!

My guess, is because he was bypassed and the letter was never a letter with his representation he would have NO attorney client obligation at all.

Also interesting is toward the end, BC wants to tell them more, but hesitates and ponders A/C privilege -- my hunch is if he checks the legal position and it is favorable to him speaking, there might be lots more!

If you take this over, also ask if at a bar review - does attorney client privilege exist!

I'm confused about this... why would it be ok and not a violation of atty/client privilege for BC to talk about the CA/GA letter to MN that JB went behind BC's back to get? And if for whatever reason, this revelation did not break ACP, what might the other revelations entail if they WOULD violate ACP?

Will we ever find out? Should this post be in the Lawyers' thread? Is everyone else as kerflunkeled as I am?

Not an attorney, but I think it is because that communication was between JB and CA and GA solicited OUTSIDE BC. They went around him, so it was not covered under BC's ACP to the As.

OMG...just when I didn't think it possible I love you more!!! :heartluv:

:blowkiss: :heartbeat: :blowkiss: :heartbeat: :blowkiss:

Beach.....Kindly get a room.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You know I'm teasing right?

Not an attorney, but I think it is because that communication was between JB and CA and GA solicited OUTSIDE BC. They went around him, so it was not covered under BC's ACP to the As.

And did you also get the impression that the A's did not write it???

And did you also get the impression that the A's did not write it???

I don't know. I can totally see them going around their lawyer to try and set Casey free. I just don't know if they would double cross their lawyer and put him in the line of fire to do it. That's my only problem here. It's entirely possible they didn't write it based on that. But I don't know. Everyone seems to be expendable to them to save Casey.

I'm betting this is the real reason for AL with drawing. I'm betting dollars to donuts AL doesn't play this way.

As much as I dislike LKB, I don't think she plays this way, either.

"Financial reason," my expansive posterior!

That confused me a bit too. And what's more is that he said there was the understanding that legal stuff had to go through him to the A's. But I wonder how much the A's were going behind their own lawyer's back and doing underhanded things with or without Baez? I'm thinking he left because he saw he was being played by both sides here - Baez and the A's. Maybe what he can't talk about would make the A's look bad too, and he doesn't want to do that and risk a lawsuit from them?

JB was trying to use BC to introduce those papers from LB knowing imo that they were phony because she should have never been in possession of them in the first place. That finally answers the question for me about LB and her intentions. You can bet the A's have done plenty to help JB with his questionable tactics. All you have to do is go back to DC saying he was told not to call LE if he found Caylee and who he states told him that. DC may not have been very credible but c'mon, now BC, MN?

Let me put it this way. I don't think Andrea would ever cross the line into official tampering BUT I think she is very cozy with the edge of the line. I also think she turns her head when it comes to Mort.

She has gone so far as to track down jurors in cases where her client was already convicted and has staked out their houses in order to question them about WHY they voted as they did.

You're talking about his, make the blogs stop, they're talking mean about me and my client stuff, can't have a fair trial whining? Yeah, that makes a lot more sense now. Dangit, Baez, we'd have nothing to talk about if you didn't keep GIVING us stuff to talk about!

Indeed Aedrys, dogs don't bark at parked cars. Jose made his own bed.

Oh hell no! AL and LKB earned their reputations through hard work and I just know they don't want to be associated with this circus. My next question is how much does Mason know? I don't even see him being a party to this.

I don't know. I can totally see them going around their lawyer to try and set Casey free. I just don't know if they would double cross their lawyer and put him in the line of fire to do it. That's my only problem here. It's entirely possible they didn't write it based on that. But I don't know. Everyone seems to be expendable to them to save Casey.

I think the difference here is, if someone who can't be named wrote it and the A's told Brad that it is attorney/client priv. If the A's wrote it and gave to to JB to send to MN bypassing BC, it's not. Brad said he can't comment because it involved ACP. So I would guess they did not write it. jmo

Soooooooooo......

Baez's goose is cooked.

Do you think LE will do something *now* and set the trial back a few months, or wait until after the trial and risk the ineffective counsel thingy?

(My personal favorite is having him arrested just about the time he starts Day 1 with "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury......" on national TV. But I don't think LE has my sense of rightitudeness.)

Wowzers! Fascinating - thanks MM for spotting this - as usual you are the document king!!

Loving having something to read and comment on besides the usual trailer trash behavior (I have nothing against trailers, in fact I love them but...)!

Not quite clear on the fine print so zipping over to the legal thread to bask in AZ's wisdom before I start my cat calls and throwing off some over ripe tomatoes sitting here on my desk. Maybe this is big enough for RHornsby to weigh in - he will find this most amusing methinks...

Mr. Baez - tsk tsk!

I think the big issue here is when Brad originally, upon JB's request, looked for LB's paperwork in the TES documents, there was nothing found. No paperwork filed by LB. Now all of a sudden, supposedly, defense finds paperwork and not just one but two in the TES documents that say LB was on Suburban Drive searching with JJ. So how did they get there if BC went through the files and nothing was there under her name.

Anyone remember defense claiming what a mess the boxes were but didn't BC say they were well organized. So how did that happen. And the storming out that first day with defense complaining about the media. Was that to create an excuse to cause some confusion to put LB's document in the box. How did LB's paperwork get into that box if BC said it was not there when he searched? The fact that there are two different case number tells us SA has figured it out. No wonder JB wants to delay the start date and buy time. He's buying it for himself. Trying to find a way to save himself.

I see John Grisham feverishly writing his next novel just on this defense team. Unbelievable. jmo

I think the big issue here is when Brad originally, upon JB's request, looked for LB's paperwork in the TES documents, there was nothing found. No paperwork filed by LB. Now all of a sudden, supposedly, defense finds paperwork and not just one but two in the TES documents that say LB was on Suburban Drive searching with JJ. So how did they get there if BC went through the files and nothing was there under her name.

Anyone remember defense claiming what a mess the boxes were but didn't BC say they were well organized. So how did that happen. And the storming out that first day with defense complaining about the media. Was that to create an excuse to cause some confusion to put LB's document in the box. How did LB's paperwork get into that box if BC said it was not there when he searched? The fact that there are two different case number tells us SA has figured it out. No wonder JB wants to delay the start date and buy time. He's buying it for himself. Trying to find a way to save himself.

I see John Grisham feverishly writing his next novel just on this defense team. Unbelievable. jmo

That's what I'm thinking too and that would involve Baez and CM, they went there together. Unless JB was slick and slipped the papers in one box while CM was distracted looking in another. Having CM with him would certainly add credibility. Don't like CM or know much about him but I highly doubt he'd be a willing party to something like that.

Do the dates coincide? BC looked in April right? They weren't there. When did CM and JB go there? I remember it happening just not when. We know Mort had the form in Oct.

ETA: I am convinced JB knew that paper from LB was not credible and this all started with TM when he said he could prove Caylee's body was not there until after Casey was incarcerated. IMO this is something TM and JB cooked up a long time ago.

We have two thread with hot and heavy discussion going on this same topic. Could we please use the new thread for the bombshell BC transcript discussions? I'm getting dizzy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back