2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

I'm trying to get as excited about these revelations, because we can clearly see what is so very wrong about this both legally and ethically.

But a huge part of me is sighing and thinking - oh geez - somehow somewhere JB is going to be able to slime his way out of this and all will go on as before.

It's not as if he hasn't pulled similar stunts in the past and had them glossed over.:banghead:

Sigh....

Maybe I just need to go for a walk and get some sunshine on my face?

When did Todd leave again????

I was just going back through the old "media link" threads for this time period, here's the page of that mid February week where all the old news' were listed, maybe this will help jar a bit of some brilliant mind here at WS. Not me, of course, but some brilliant mind. So here are some headlines from that period:

Equusearch fires back at Anthony's defense

Casey Anthony's defense objects to state's request for private hearing with judge; Texas EquuSearch responds to defense claims

Baez Objects To Closed Meeting In Casey Case
Prosecutors Attempt Want To Meet With Judge Alone

Anthony Prosecutors To Question Meter Reader's Ex-Wife

Attorney Todd Macaluso leaves accused murderer’s defense team

Photos of duct tape, syringe and Gatorade bottle released today

Spokeswoman for Casey Anthony's defense team resigns

Is Casey’s Defense Team Running Out Of Money?

Judge refuses to meet with prosecutors in private meeting

Casey Anthony’s family home in foreclosure

Anyone else wonder why Brad didn't come right out and ask JB why he (JB) was so insistent on asking Brad to look for the docs at TES? Or why JB was so insistent on Brad talking to LB re the docs? Maybe Brad was just offering up what he was asked (this was a subpoena, right?) Also, why did Brad wait to be subpoenaed to offer up what he knew? Why didn't he file a bar complaint against JB for inappropriate legal behaviors that, by his own admission, were 'unusual' (i.e., he hadn't encountered in his 20 years of practicing law?) Am I missing something? TIA.

ETA: Also, why didn't Brad object in court when JB made the false statement about him?

My thoughts exactly!! When this all happened, and Conway quit over it, he went on the news and talked about Baez making untrue statements to the court, and how wrong it was .... but when asked if Conway would file a Bar Complaint over it ... Conway said he would not, because he did not want to derail the trial.

I'm trying to get as excited about these revelations, because we can clearly see what is so very wrong about this both legally and ethically.

But a huge part of me is sighing and thinking - oh geez - somehow somewhere JB is going to be able to slime his way out of this and all will go on as before.

It's not as if he hasn't pulled similar stunts in the past and had them glossed over.:banghead:

Sigh....

Maybe I just need to go for a walk and get some sunshine on my face?

Everything is being focused on the really BIG FISH here - Casey. Once she's locked away forever, you better believe other people are going to be arrested/disbarred. Just because nothing is being done right now doesn't mean good notes aren't being taken and evidence is not being collected and analyzed. I don't think they would assign a case number if the there wasn't a case being built. Have patience. No one wants Casey to get this trial delayed because of her inept lawyer. It's wiser to make sure she gets her due first, then go after everyone else.

I don't know. I can totally see them going around their lawyer to try and set Casey free. I just don't know if they would double cross their lawyer and put him in the line of fire to do it. That's my only problem here. It's entirely possible they didn't write it based on that. But I don't know. Everyone seems to be expendable to them to save Casey.

bbm
I do...Cindy IMO will do what Baez asks of her in the name of defending Casey..

JB was trying to use BC to introduce those papers from LB knowing imo that they were phony because she should have never been in possession of them in the first place. That finally answers the question for me about LB and her intentions. You can bet the A's have done plenty to help JB with his questionable tactics. All you have to do is go back to DC saying he was told not to call LE if he found Caylee and who he states told him that. DC may not have been very credible but c'mon, now BC, MN?

:goodpost:

bbm
I totally agree...

My thoughts exactly!! When this all happened, and Conway quit over it, he went on the news and talked about Baez making untrue statements to the court, and how wrong it was .... but when asked if Conway would file a Bar Complaint over it ... Conway said he would not, because he did not want to derail the trial.

ITA! BC's inaction in filing with the bar or delayed filing, completely contradicts what he states in his depo.

And does anyone wonder how SA found out about this. If BC did not tell them, was it DC? Was it DC who spilled the beans in his "investigative" interview? Could this be why he dropped out of sight?????? Talk about Daisy Chain.

Same here...but IMO they consented to it....and did not inform Brad Conway, the attorney who was representing them..

Or CA wrote it and lied to BC. Nah, CA lie to her attorney, nah.....

And does anyone wonder how SA found out about this. If BC did not tell them, was it DC? Was it DC who spilled the beans in his "investigative" interview? Could this be why he dropped out of sight?????? Talk about Daisy Chain.

Perhaps LB's second deposition? No wait, that was after BCs interview wasn't it? Maybe it WAS DC

Is "SA" for Sgt A?
found out about what? the alleged fake TES form?
or, found out about Baez lying to the court in his filing?

ITA! BC's inaction in filing with the bar or delayed filing, completely contradicts what he states in his depo.

Exactly! Conway acts so appalled that Baez would lie in open court, with Conway sitting right there .... but even if Conway was shocked and stunned at that moment ... why didn't Conway file a Bar Complaint or file something (anything), afterwards, with the Court to let the Judge know that Baez did something waaaaay wrong? As an officer of the Court, Conway had an obligation to report it - IMO. It was wrong for Conway to go on TV and say how bad it was ... but then not take the proper action to report it through proper channels.

Is "SA" for Sgt A?
found out about what? the alleged fake TES form?
or, found out about Baez lying to the court in his filing?

State Attorney's Office. Found out about the tampering of LB's TES form.

Exactly! Conway acts so appalled that Baez would lie in open court, with Conway sitting right there .... but even if Conway was shocked and stunned at that moment ... why didn't Conway file a Bar Complaint or file something (anything), afterwards, with the Court to let the Judge know that Baez did something waaaaay wrong? As an officer of the Court, Conway had an obligation to report it - IMO. It was wrong for Conway to go on TV and say how bad it was ... but then not take the proper action to report it through proper channels.

Didn't BC also say on National TV that there was no duct tape???

State Attorney's Office. Found out about the tampering of LB's TES form.

State Atty office found out something was not adding up when Laura B. said in her first depo that Laura had a form that nobody else had, that had info on it that nobody knew anything about. The depo was halted, and the State waited for Laura's atty to FAX to the State the TES document that Laura said she had. When Laura's atty FAXed it to the Prosecutors, it still had the sticky note on it that said "From Laura - For Mort".
The Prosecutors began asking the TES searchers whose names were on the alleged fake document if they searched with Laura on Suburban and when they all were saying NO - the LE and SA knew there needed to be an investigation.

So the DC interview was suppose to take place around the time the jailhouse letters came out, right? When did LDB/JA ask for the private meeting with the judge? Wasn't it after DC was suppose to give his statement?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv
Back