2011.02.14 Court Reporter Accuses Defense Team

Well, we know where 10K of the 325K JB received went:loser:. Does anyone have any information on the case re: Dr. Willey?...my security will not allow me to access the osceolaclerk site.

I may be misremembering this, but wasn't he an expert witness or an expert consultant for one of JB's prior cases? Possibly the Diaz case?

I may be misremembering this, but wasn't he an expert witness or an expert consultant for one of JB's prior cases? Possibly the Diaz case?

The one that wasn't allowed because he didn't disclose it to the state in time? The name does sound familiar but I can't remember where in this case I've heard it before.

No kidding. They can't even leave a court reporting service alone? Do they really think everyone is out to get them? I can't even be surprised anymore. I hope this really does go somewhere too. And I'm thinking attacking the reputation of someone who is supposed to be transcribing your own dang depositions is NOT a good idea! :maddening:

So their experts are fleeing, their witnesses are whacko, their SODDI's didn't work out at all and backfired on them, their mitigation list I am sure is getting smaller by the minute, the evidence is overwhelming, they're just now depoing people at the center of the case like Amy H, and now they're chasing away the people that transcribe their own dang depositions? Is there anyone else that they haven't chased off or treated like crap? How in the heck do they have any case left to bring to court? Sadly, I'm serious about that...:banghead:
This case exhausts me.

Slightly O/T....I came across some information and want to make sure I have the correct party.
Anyone know JB's wife name and/or his home address in Kissimmee?

Once I confirm I have the right parties I will post what I found. TIA

OK. Not the same people. Thanks for your help.

And keep in mind....several months ago, didn't someone dig up a civil case filed by another reporting company after Baez refused to pay them and attempted to stick them with the bill until the courts intervened?

Yes,(from my earlier post on this thread)
Darlene Bryant, a court reporter in North Carolina, said she spent six months in 2007 trying to get Baez to honor a $275 bill for work she did for him. "He finally paid after I got the state Bar Association involved," she said.

The one that wasn't allowed because he didn't disclose it to the state in time? The name does sound familiar but I can't remember where in this case I've heard it before.

Looking at the timing of that filing my Dr Willey...IMO it had to do with the Nilton Diaz case...
Yet another instance where Baez did NOT to pay others for their services and had to be taken to court over non-payment of fees...I wonder if the Florida Bar is aware of this one?

Jose Baez Accused Of Lying To Judge Again

http://www.wftv.com/news/26876699/detail.html

Read Complaint: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26875662/detail.html

BILL SHEAFFER: On Complaint Against Baez:
http://www.wftv.com/video/26875755/index.html
The owner of a Tennessee court reporting service said Baez and his co-counsel, Cheney Mason, lied to Chief Judge Belvin Perry, saying that he raised his rates on them after the fact. He wrote a letter to the judge and included email exchanges to prove his point.

The defense team's failure to cut a deal in writing for court transcripts cost taxpayers $800 more than it should have, on top of the tens of thousands taxpayers have already paid for Casey's defense, after her lawyers blew through almost $300,000.

This case exhausts me.
It does me too!! And not meaning to venture off topic, but if this come down to a plea deal.. I sure hope Ashton makes KC stand up and tell everything to the Judge just like BTK ..and only then does she receive LWOP... (sorry to get O/T) :innocent:

Looking at the timing of that filing my Dr Willey...IMO it had to do with the Nilton Diaz case...
Yet another instance where Baez did NOT to pay others for their services and had to be taken to court over non-payment of fees...I wonder if the Florida Bar is aware of this one?
Not sure if Edward Wiley was a part of that trial. I found this:

The defense used Diaz's testimony and other witnesses accounts to cast more suspicion on Silva, portraying her as a bad mother who was cold and emotionless in the face of the child's tragedy.

Defense lawyers also called upon their own medical experts.

Dr. William Anderson, a former assistant medical examiner in Orange County, testified that the child may not have been immediately incapacitated by her injury -- as the state contends -- but could have succumbed after a "delayed process."
If the child's injury occurred earlier, Diaz would not be the only suspect.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-04-29/news/ldiaz29_1_diaz-tavares-child

Just read the letter from the court reporter and the attahed emails up in the daily news thread. Well, well, well. Seems we aren't the only ones that think CM has trouble connecting the dots. He always seems to "just miss" the point. Yes the JAC was going to pay the bill. But he didn't say "at a very substantial lowered rate". How conveeeeeeeeeeenient.

But...I must say that the Court Reporter's argument that he didn't connect the email from the Baez firm with CM...weak. How many Florida attorneys contact you in a month?

Not sure if Edward Wiley was a part of that trial. I found this:

The defense used Diaz's testimony and other witnesses accounts to cast more suspicion on Silva, portraying her as a bad mother who was cold and emotionless in the face of the child's tragedy.

Defense lawyers also called upon their own medical experts.

Dr. William Anderson, a former assistant medical examiner in Orange County, testified that the child may not have been immediately incapacitated by her injury -- as the state contends -- but could have succumbed after a "delayed process."
If the child's injury occurred earlier, Diaz would not be the only suspect.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-04-29/news/ldiaz29_1_diaz-tavares-child

The Defense had more than 1 expert..according to the article above..expertS
I believe Willey may have testified or consulted in the Diaz case..he is a Pathologist.and the scope of his analysis includes cause of injury or death..The toddler in this case had a skull fracture..and the Baez Law Firm owed him 10Grand!!!
:twocents: :D

And schilling, er shearing...LOL

I looked at that too.. but IMO NO

This case was filed Dec 2008

Baez was hospitalized on a weekend in Feb 2009 (Feb 13, 14 or 15 2009)...story was reported on the 16th
http://www.wftv.com/news/18726218/detail.html

Final Judgment of this case was Feb 23 2009..

Still trying to catch up, but, if I remember correctly, there was a huge damaging document dump on the horizen when Baez had the stomach problems.
I don't think it had anything to do with not paying any outstanding bills, etc; as we've seen from his past history, it didn't seem to bother him back then.

Nope AL left even before they were taken. mo

Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Andrea Lyon (06/30/2010)
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24108918/detail.html

There are so many layers in this case, it's like a onion. The more we peel away,the more it smells .
I hope one day ,soon we discover what the monetary agreements were between all these lawyers and experts ,and if they knew ICA had obtained that amount of money.

You are correct. It was during one of the hearings CM stressed how unfair JB and he are being treated financially(in my words). CM informed the court that the defense team had to pay for their own travel expenses, lodging and food whereas the SA's trip was paid for. CM then leads into the transcription fee's, JAC will not pay this bill, the court reporter verbally agreed to one price before the deposition and then demanded a new higher fee. HHJP asked CM why the agreement wasn't put into writing but IIRC CM could not provide an explaination. During this discussion CM mentions that the depositions were recorded which is when HHJP suggested to the defense team that they could give the recordings to a court reporter there who could transcribe the depositions for a fee that JAC would cover.

Just another JB defense tactic :waiting:

Above BBM
At this point, after every thing we've seen....do we think that JB is trying anything to get thrown off this case? :eek:hoh: I mean he knows he cannot step down as FLA passed a law not long ago to protect the state from lawyers who want the initial publicity but don't want to stick around to the end , right? :waitasec: IDK....I am wondering if JB just wants out, period. What do ya'all think???? :dunno:

:cow:

I don't think he is trying to get himself thrown off this case because

a. He feeds off the media publicity....interviews with major networks, cruises
on sail boats, rubbing shoulders with producers

b. EGO! IIRC he stated that his mission was to become the Hispanic Lawyer
that others would see as THE role model

c. MOO is that he's become extremely personally involved

d. There are $$$'s in his eyes with future book offers, of course it's MOO

e. Cause he's JB :nevermind:

For what my opinion is worth :crazy:

Novice Seeker

I don't think he is trying to get himself thrown off this case because

a. He feeds off the media publicity....interviews with major networks, cruises
on sail boats, rubbing shoulders with producers

b. EGO! IIRC he stated that his mission was to become the Hispanic Lawyer
that others would see as THE role model

c. MOO is that he's become extremely personally involved

d. There are $$$'s in his eyes with future book offers, of course it's MOO

e. Cause he's JB :nevermind:

For what my opinion is worth :crazy:

Novice Seeker

I also think he is not trying to get himself thrown off the case. You only need to look at his prior acts to know that the way he is behaving is just normal behavior for him. He's not putting on some 'get me off the case' act. He's just being himself. :crazy:

There are so many layers in this case, it's like a onion. The more we peel away,the more it smells .
I hope one day ,soon we discover what the monetary agreements were between all these lawyers and experts ,and if they knew ICA had obtained that amount of money.

My favorite onion analogy would be that, as you peel the layers away, when you peel all the layers away, what is at the middel? Nothing.

And that's just what they have.

Just read the letter from the court reporter and the attahed emails up in the daily news thread. Well, well, well. Seems we aren't the only ones that think CM has trouble connecting the dots. He always seems to "just miss" the point. Yes the JAC was going to pay the bill. But he didn't say "at a very substantial lowered rate". How conveeeeeeeeeeenient.

But...I must say that the Court Reporter's argument that he didn't connect the email from the Baez firm with CM...weak. How many Florida attorneys contact you in a month?[/QUOTE]

And on the other hand, how hard would it have been for MM from Baez's office to have referenced the depositions were for the Casey Anthony case. Isn't MM an attorney? She should have know better. Problem is they think they are infamous, that everyone knows their name. Not everyone follows this case. jmo

My favorite onion analogy would be that, as you peel the layers away, when you peel all the layers away, what is at the middel? Nothing.

And that's just what they have.

There is just that pit we all spit out because it isn't digestible. :floorlaugh: And even if you plant it - it won't grow any fruit.

This case exhausts me.

-----------
RR I agree! I want to know how long they going to be able to pull
all this ch*t and get away with it.Now he has pulled CM down with him!! If it were me,I'd let him have it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear
Back