2011.02.14 Court Reporter Accuses Defense Team

Just read the letter from the court reporter and the attahed emails up in the daily news thread. Well, well, well. Seems we aren't the only ones that think CM has trouble connecting the dots. He always seems to "just miss" the point. Yes the JAC was going to pay the bill. But he didn't say "at a very substantial lowered rate". How conveeeeeeeeeeenient.

But...I must say that the Court Reporter's argument that he didn't connect the email from the Baez firm with CM...weak. How many Florida attorneys contact you in a month?[/QUOTE]

And on the other hand, how hard would it have been for MM from Baez's office to have referenced the depositions were for the Casey Anthony case. Isn't MM an attorney? She should have know better. Problem is they think they are infamous, that everyone knows their name. Not everyone follows this case. jmo

I used to work as a paralegal. All of our correspondence referenced not only our client's name, but also all case information (the County, case number and division). Once again the Baez/Cheney team shows how incompetent they are, they can't even correspond with Court Reporters effectively!

Baez/Cheney tried to pull a fast one and hope that by backing them into a corner, this Court Reporter would just shrug their shoulders and accept the JAC rate. It's manipulation by omission.

I wonder if any of the expert witnesses the Defense has dealt with in the past could tell similar stories?

The tag team between Baez's and Cheney's office seems deliberate to me. The rudeness of the last email with the curt "see attached" says it all.

I'm glad someone is calling Baez/Cheney on their deceitfulness.

Just read the letter from the court reporter and the attahed emails up in the daily news thread. Well, well, well. Seems we aren't the only ones that think CM has trouble connecting the dots. He always seems to "just miss" the point. Yes the JAC was going to pay the bill. But he didn't say "at a very substantial lowered rate". How conveeeeeeeeeeenient.

But...I must say that the Court Reporter's argument that he didn't connect the email from the Baez firm with CM...weak. How many Florida attorneys contact you in a month?

I just read them too.

Was there really an emergency forcing the delay of the depostions from July to September?

It cracks me up that they are making the transcription company enclosed a stamped envelope so they can mail it to the JAC. Really? And why do they say a "stamped self addressed envelope? Wouldn't it go right back to the transcription company if they self addressed it? Or do they mean the company has to write out the address of the JAC for them?? I'm so confused.:waitasec:

But...I must say that the Court Reporter's argument that he didn't connect the email from the Baez firm with CM...weak. How many Florida attorneys contact you in a month?[/QUOTE]

And on the other hand, how hard would it have been for MM from Baez's office to have referenced the depositions were for the Casey Anthony case. Isn't MM an attorney? She should have know better. Problem is they think they are infamous, that everyone knows their name. Not everyone follows this case. jmo

I agree - and he did send an email query back to the Baez law firm after finding no-one in his office knew of same. I don't find it at all "weak" - this is a firm that does lots of depositions - he may well have thought he had received a new order that had been misplaced.

As for requesting "a stamped self addressed envelope" - that may be the JAC rules - IF the forms were going direct to JAC - but for a private law firm to request same - beyond belief, whether they have an indigent client or not.

jmo

Darlene Bryant, a court reporter in North Carolina, said she spent six months in 2007 trying to get Baez to honor a $275 bill for work she did for him. "He finally paid after I got the state Bar Association involved," she said.
Baez also ended up being sued in April 2007 over an $837.62 bill for 1,000 of his plastic business cards, which are decorated with a golden crest. Sir Speedy Printing went to court and won after Baez refused an offer from the Orange County Bar Association to mediate.
And in January 2007, four months before he bought a $670,000 waterfront home in a country-club community on East Lake Tohopekaliga, Baez was held in contempt of court for failing to pay $4,000 in child support, according to Miami-Dade Clerk of Court records...

http://justiceforcaylee.messageforu...-excerpts-from-the-orlando-sentinel_t601.html

respectfully snipped

rbm

275$ ? 275 $ Baez? How much do lawyers like JB make per hour? WHY would he refuse to pay this poor woman a measly 275$ ? How cheap... that's greasy right there

Above BBM
At this point, after every thing we've seen....do we think that JB is trying anything to get thrown off this case? :eek:hoh: I mean he knows he cannot step down as FLA passed a law not long ago to protect the state from lawyers who want the initial publicity but don't want to stick around to the end , right? :waitasec: IDK....I am wondering if JB just wants out, period. What do ya'all think???? :dunno:

:cow:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes.

Trial has not begun and all of this nonsense and lack of integrity etc...?
I can't think of a reasonable reason for the defense not to put a plea on the table.
And...I don't think I have any reasonable doubt that a plea is coming fairly soon.
They and ICA are done.
It's over.

Even if the misunderstanding from emails can be explained to the court's satisfaction, I don't see how CM's words can. He stood there and told HHJBP that Stogsdill reneged on a "deal" because Stogsdill said it was going to take longer.
Shaeffer speaks of CM as having some sterling background, forthright, honest,etc. Has anyone seen even a glimpse of the man he describes? I sure have not.

Even if the misunderstanding from emails can be explained to the court's satisfaction, I don't see how CM's words can. He stood there and told HHJBP that Stogsdill reneged on a "deal" because Stogsdill said it was going to take longer.
Shaeffer speaks of CM as having some sterling background, forthright, honest,etc. Has anyone seen even a glimpse of the man he describes? I sure have not.

Did you see Schaeffer's video tonight? He says there were hopes that having CM around Baez may raise the quality of Baez's work, but now he fears the opposite has happened and it is CM's reputation that is being tarnished by working with Baez.

Sure looks that way to me.

Nope. I have not either.

Did you see Schaeffer's video tonight? He says there were hopes that having CM around Baez may raise the quality of Baez's work, but now he fears the opposite has happened and it is CM's reputation that is being tarnished by working with Baez.

It sure does.
And previous to Mason..Baez had LKB and Andrea Lyon to help raise his quality of work...didn't seem to happen then either..but IMO the reverse.

It sure does.
And previous to Mason..Baez had LKB and Andrea Lyon to help raise his quality of work...didn't seem to happen then either..but IMO the reverse.

Don't forget that LB stated in her deposition that AL took her out to the site Caylee was found back in May. Isn't one of the PI's connected to her also?

Novice Seeker

I do agree that "he didn't connect the emails" as weak...perhaps a response email such as "Who are you and what case is being referenced?" could have been sent..but they did try to contact Michelle Medina 2x and she did not respond according to the court reporting company.

ALSO,
Michelle Medina, in her first email to this company, should have referenced the Casey Anthony case in the email and introduced herself and the Baez Law firm as co-counsels to Cheney Mason who they were already corresponding with concerning court reporting services..

Too many hands in the pot and everything gets mixed up..

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas... :innocent:

I used to work as a paralegal. All of our correspondence referenced not only our client's name, but also all case information (the County, case number and division). Once again the Baez/Cheney team shows how incompetent they are, they can't even correspond with Court Reporters effectively!

Baez/Cheney tried to pull a fast one and hope that by backing them into a corner, this Court Reporter would just shrug their shoulders and accept the JAC rate. It's manipulation by omission.

I wonder if any of the expert witnesses the Defense has dealt with in the past could tell similar stories?

The tag team between Baez's and Cheney's office seems deliberate to me. The rudeness of the last email with the curt "see attached" says it all.

I'm glad someone is calling Baez/Cheney on their deceitfulness.

Thank You for your post Goldleaf...
bbm
And I agree

I am continually amazed by the HUBRIS! These people don't understand that every single thing that they do and say is being watched by throngs of people?? From trying to "find" Caylee on their own, to lying about what this court reporter was willing to do for what fee...what is with all these people?? They haven't realized from the beginning the incredible scrutiny???

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331516/detail.html
Until I can read the actual deposition, I can not take this motion to exclude as a truthful representation of any facts. JB and CM take huge liberties in quoting from the "unnofficial recording" while doing everything they can think of to keep the deposition from being transcribed and read.
As JA stated, if the history of this case has proven anything, it is that attorneys can make extravagant claims in pleadings that are not borne out upon closer examination.

Call it my suspicious nature where the defense is concerned, but I found it rather odd, and this is my opinion only, that when JA announced the deposition was recorded by JB, JB looked at him as if to say, "You're crazy."
I wondered then, why would JB record this deposition? Unless he was already aware that there "might" be a problem getting the deposition transcribed. I had never heard of a seperate recording and it reminded me of CA videotaping their deposition at M&M.
As usual, I smell a rat. Two in fact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back