Why did LE seize BD's & SA's phones?

I would assume that the seizure of the phones was more related to some of the content on the phone itself, rather than what can be lifted from the provider. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that if I snap a pic with my camera phone and store it on the device that it can be pulled by the phone provider. Since it is almost impossible now to get a phone without a camera on it, that is my best guess.

You'd think if it was just for the content of the phone or voicemails or whatever....they would have taken all of that off by now and returned the phone. So, why keep them after they have the information off of them? Is it just so IF the case goes to court, they can use it as evidence? Couldn't they do this without the phones? Would BD and SA say, "that wasn't on my phone" (my words) and so they want the actual phone to show a potential jury?

Even if they were trying to get finger prints or some trace evidence off of it, again, you'd think it would be done by now. It's been two months!

Confusing....

If Law Enforcement is building a case and the phones are a part of that case, they won't be returned. They will be kept as evidence.

I think LE like me is wondering why BD and SA aren't screeming from the mountian top about the 2:15 tx to MB. My take on that is they(BD,SA) don't want LE digging to deep into who sent the tx to MB. BD didn't mention it in the presser or on NG to my knowledge,SA in the interview didn't either. Why? I missed it in my research.

Good point. She spoke about things LE has stated couldn't be corroborated, things which favor her story (people "saw" HD, etc.), but no mention of a possibly questionable text. Could that text shed unfavorable light on a certain person or persons?

If we look at other high profile cases, we'll see where LE held many pieces of suspected evidence a lot longer than the parties in question thought was necessary. How many times did we hear Cindy Anthony whine about LE still having the family computers? I'm thinking LE takes everything they can, and holds the items as long as possible for several reasons: to be thorough, to make the people sweat, just in case it's needed later, etc. There's also the chance it could be used as evidence in a trial: exhibit A.

There's always a chance something could have seeped into a phone...DNA?...some sort of fluid?

This was taken from the SWA for SA's phone. So Verizon is capable of pulling info for picture messages.

All stored electronic and/or wire communications or files for user accounts identified as mobile telephone number XXXXXXXXXX, including text messages and any attachments, including picture messages, and any other files associated with this account, that relate to the time period of 12/25/10 -01/07/11.

In some states, LE can keep items for up to 90 days without naming anyone a suspect or charging anyone. Maybe they just kept the phones because they can?

I really can't figure out why they would need the actual phones. Fingerprints are not going to mean much, or DNA, with everyone living together.

DNA/fingerprints of someone that was notBD,HD,DD or SA? Drug/chemical residue? I'm stumpped, but IMO evidence unrelated to cell records. :waitasec:

His cell was busy from around 6:35 jto 6:56 am on the 27th. Anyone else think this is odd because BD would have been on the road and on her way to work that day. The call(s) stopping minutes before her scheduled work day to begin. Was he talking to her...HD...who? The cell pings put his phone in the northern part of Colorado City.

Then stop for a whole two hour time period til 9:40ish. Then there were 11 calls til 2:40 pm.

Oh, to see those cell phone records!

If the text to MB sent at around 2PM on 12-27 was really sent by Hailey ... It would be absolute proof Hailey was alive and well at that time. I can't remember, who first told us about that text, LE or BD?

It's odd that BD, if she absolutely believes what SA has told her (Hailey said goodbye to him at 3:15 that day), has not stressed the time of the text and made it an anchor statement in all of her PC's and NG appearances. Maybe she did and I missed it?

his cell was busy from around 6:35 jto 6:56 am on the 27th. Anyone else think this is odd because bd would have been on the road and on her way to work that day. The call(s) stopping minutes before her scheduled work day to begin. Was he talking to her...hd...who? The cell pings put his phone in the northern part of colorado city.

Then stop for a whole two hour time period til 9:40ish. Then there were 11 calls til 2:40 pm.

amen!

His cell was busy from around 6:35 jto 6:56 am on the 27th. Anyone else think this is odd because BD would have been on the road and on her way to work that day. The call(s) stopping minutes before her scheduled work day to begin. Was he talking to her...HD...who? The cell pings put his phone in the northern part of Colorado City.

In his interview he said that he called his mother while on his way over there, so the phone calls between 6:35 and 6:56 would have been to her, not BD. Probably talking about just quiting his job.

In his interview he said that he called his mother while on his way over there, so the phone calls between 6:35 and 6:56 would have been to her, not BD. Probably talking about just quiting his job.

True, if one believes what the only named suspect in this case says. Since I don't, I have a feeling it will be very interesting once the truth of who called who.. when and from where comes out.. I believe that the guilty party(ies) probably think they have covered their tracks pretty well by rearranging events as needed to fit the timeline. I'm hoping that bubble will be burst anytime now..

I am not familiar with disposable/pre-paid cell phones.

I am wondering do these types of phones have a Serial Number ? Not just the SIM Card but an imprinted serial number imbedded in there.

A serial number that can be traced and/or tracked ... possibly through another service provider and that may lead to another person, their debit or credit card purchase, their records ... ? a possible trail ...

Almost everything today has a Tracking Number or Bar Code on it ... especially electronics and communication devices.

Pre-paid phones are bought by people for various reasons, like limiting calls and limiting their children's calls, financial reasons, no contract commitments ...

But some people associate "disposable" and "pre-paid" cell phones with drug dealers ... for obvious reasons.

I hope I explained this so that it made some sense.

Prayers for Hailey, and I hope she is found soon.

I am not familiar with disposable/pre-paid cell phones.

I am wondering do these types of phones have a Serial Number ? Not just the SIM Card but an imprinted serial number imbedded in there.

A serial number that can be traced and/or tracked ... possibly through another service provider and that may lead to another person, their debit or credit card purchase, their records ... ? a possible trail ...

Almost everything today has a Tracking Number or Bar Code on it ... especially electronics and communication devices.

Pre-paid phones are bought by people for various reasons, like limiting calls and limiting their children's calls, financial reasons, no contract commitments ...

But some people associate "disposable" and "pre-paid" cell phones with drug dealers ... for obvious reasons.

I hope I explained this so that it made some sense.

Prayers for Hailey, and I hope she is found soon.

They have the "supposed" phones that were used in the calls so it should be easy to trace the info contained on them and get the records. Without the phones, I'm not sure how they would get or track the info...unless backtracking from another number they knew they called. I've heard you must sign when purchasing the disposables to activate, but NOT sure. I'm oblivious to them too. What concerns me is if they had purchased one, used it, and it's unknown????? Especially, if they used cash to purchase it. ???

Here's some info:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5059009_trace-tracfone-number.html

True, if one believes what the only named suspect in this case says. Since I don't, I have a feeling it will be very interesting once the truth of who called who.. when and from where comes out.. I believe that the guilty party(ies) probably think they have covered their tracks pretty well by rearranging events as needed to fit the timeline. I'm hoping that bubble will be burst anytime now..

There's the confusion of her still being at home, him calling her at work vs at home, etc. Also, his conversation with her. Informing her of his quitting his job and EVERYTHING. Just wth was everything??

Just thought of something.....

Since drug dealers are known to use tracfones too, I wonder if there could have been a switcheroo or something there. LE prolly checked the dealer out pretty thoroughly also, if his phone history/records too, then there will be alot of worried, pizzed people imo. I'd hide in my house too if it be known I outed a dealer and all his contacts!!!!

Makes me wonder if HD bought a prepaid cell. Is there an age restriction? Now I also wonder if LE.kept the phones to see exactly who might call.them well after the fact,I guess because.BD.felt the need to announce on national televisions she did not have her phone.
ugg I am so confused.

I've heard you must sign when purchasing the disposables to activate, but NOT sure. I'm oblivious to them too. What concerns me is if they had purchased one, used it, and it's unknown????? Especially, if they used cash to purchase it. ???

.html[/URL]

No you don't have to sign anything to activate a prepaid phone. i don't know about all prepaids but some of them now ask for a name and address when you activate so they can assign a phone number to the phone, they use to just ask for town and state. some prepaids can be registered online on company website so you can check call list, add minutes, buy ringtones etc.

but keep in mind all of this is done on the phone so it would be easy to give false info.

I was wondering:

Did LE return the "bat" phones used by Terrie Horman, DeDe and Friends ? I doubt it.

I can't remember the date when LE found out about TH and Friends
bat phones, but it has been over 8 months since Kyron went missing.

Prayers for Hailey, Kryon, and others who are missing.

They have the "supposed" phones that were used in the calls so it should be easy to trace the info contained on them and get the records. Without the phones, I'm not sure how they would get or track the info...unless backtracking from another number they knew they called. I've heard you must sign when purchasing the disposables to activate, but NOT sure. I'm oblivious to them too. What concerns me is if they had purchased one, used it, and it's unknown????? Especially, if they used cash to purchase it. ???

Here's some info:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5059009_trace-tracfone-number.html

I understand LE can trace the info contained on disposable phones but I was wondering if the phone itself has like a Serial Number which possibly can be tracked to "ownership" and "when" and "where" it was purchased ... maybe --maybe -- a lead could come out of this ...

I know -- this is probably "grasping at straws" ... but just wondering ...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sure, but remember that he gave his interview well after the affidavit was released (in fact, he talks about a lot of the stuff in it). So he would have been well aware that LE had a record of who he called and when, and there would be no point in lieing about it. If he called HD, BD or anyone else he would have said so and given some reason for doing that, but he said he called his mom, so it is reasonable to conclude that that likely is true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee
Back