Why did LE seize BD's & SA's phones?

Is BD not savy to computers and online account access to cell phones? She seems to be savy enough to cruise the internet at work and find true crime stories to print, so I dunno yllek. Just saying if it were my daughter I would have walked over hot coals barefoot to figure out who she talked to that day, and at what time.

Also, knowing that teens will delete messages they don't want Mom to read, I would have needed to reassure myself by looking at the phone records online. Plus, at that time in the case she couldn't have been 100% sure that Hailey did not run away. That makes Hailey's calls and texts for the week prior all the more important!!

Finding someone with a computer and online access couldn't have been that hard ...

I agree that Billie seems to have the knowledge. The story was that she didn't have access at home so her friend who had internet access was going to help her. IIRC, Billie released the info about the Monday text first (then Kampfer confirmed and C. Garcia confirmed a text had been sent). If LE didn't tell Billie about it, maybe Billie felt comfortable bringing it up once she or her friend had accessed the data as you suggested? IDK...

This was taken from the SWA for SA's phone. So Verizon is capable of pulling info for picture messages.

All stored electronic and/or wire communications or files for user accounts identified as mobile telephone number XXXXXXXXXX, including text messages and any attachments, including picture messages, and any other files associated with this account, that relate to the time period of 12/25/10 -01/07/11.

Picture messages, sure. Those would be photos you sent from your phone to another device, so they'd be recorded. But photos taken by a person using the phone as a camera and only storing the photos on the phone and transferring directly via cable to another device would NOT be in the records of the cell provider.

Possibly there were voice mails on them, that LE want to preserve.
Text messages will be on the phone records.
Voicemails aren't stored on the phone, they are kept by the provider. If you lose or break a phone, you can dial your number from a landline and log in to get your messages.

I don't think CPS is hiding Hailey. IMO Neither LE nor the state is going to allow searches to continue if she is hidden.
I think the phones hold evidence, not just clues but evidence that points to what and who harmed Hailey. jmoo

I agree with you and others 100%. and continue to question wu it would be allowed. I don't know enough about SAR. I would think it is considered a private agency hosting a public search. I think LE hands are tied, and I don't see how LE can be held responsible when they have not asked for assistance. BUT I do need to learn more obviously! Anybody feel free to help me.here. I'm open and if I understood more my feelings wouldn't be the same.

If the text to MB sent at around 2PM on 12-27 was really sent by Hailey ... It would be absolute proof Hailey was alive and well at that time. I can't remember, who first told us about that text, LE or BD?

It's odd that BD, if she absolutely believes what SA has told her (Hailey said goodbye to him at 3:15 that day), has not stressed the time of the text and made it an anchor statement in all of her PC's and NG appearances. Maybe she did and I missed it?

All it really would do is reduce the window of opportunity for Shawn to have acted, meaning he'd have had from 2ish to 4ish.

They have the "supposed" phones that were used in the calls so it should be easy to trace the info contained on them and get the records. Without the phones, I'm not sure how they would get or track the info...unless backtracking from another number they knew they called. I've heard you must sign when purchasing the disposables to activate, but NOT sure. I'm oblivious to them too. What concerns me is if they had purchased one, used it, and it's unknown????? Especially, if they used cash to purchase it. ???

Here's some info:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5059009_trace-tracfone-number.html

No you don't have to sign anything to activate a prepaid phone. i don't know about all prepaids but some of them now ask for a name and address when you activate so they can assign a phone number to the phone, they use to just ask for town and state. some prepaids can be registered online on company website so you can check call list, add minutes, buy ringtones etc.

but keep in mind all of this is done on the phone so it would be easy to give false info.

Whether or not you give correct information when you register, once the police take the phone from you and have the number, they can get the records no matter whether you used your real name to register it or "Nunya Bidness" including, of course, whether you lied when you registered it (advance planning for illegal activity?)

Billie DID register her phone and set up an account on the Verizon website.

One thing I was always curious about. BD could have used someone's computer and logged onto Verizonwireless to see what calls and texts were placed on her phone. She could have done that the day she reported Hailey missing. I would have done this immediately to make sure received or sent text messages hadn't been deleted from the phone and to get a list of numbers called and received.

I think some WS members even advised Billie's friend how to do that when she first started posting here before Billie went on NG. IIRC, her friend said she would help Billie because Billie didn't have internet access. I wonder if she ever did...

She did try to help Billie go online and log in to the Verizon site. Billie had no doubt she knew her password (username is phone number) and could not access it. I suspect that, along with the records request from Verizon was an instruction to lock down the account.

Makes me wonder if HD bought a prepaid cell. Is there an age restriction? Now I also wonder if LE.kept the phones to see exactly who might call.them well after the fact,I guess because.BD.felt the need to announce on national televisions she did not have her phone.
ugg I am so confused.

No age restrictions that I know of, but you have to keep minutes on it or you lose your number.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=343746

Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Friday, February 18 2011

Though search warrant affidavits revealed a timeline of calls made by key players in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, we likely won't know anytime soon to whom the calls in question were made.

The City of Colorado City has denied a request made under the Freedom of Information Act to release those cell phone records.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back