Mark Hawkins *Updated*

NO my son is being wrongfully accused of a crime now (not serious) a girl stalker who my son said harsh things to her in order to get her away from him. She went and said he did this or that....big lie and he can prove it but guess what, still going to trial. His commander backs him he just went to court...she never showed up, SA said...Oh she is on vacation. DOH! THen SA stated that the Military wants jurisdiction so he this is still in the works. Judge gave a continuance :banghead:

Yes Military will often times when active duty is charge want to carry the case over to the military side and in most cases it is granted to the Military.

First of all I'm sorry to hear your son is going through all of that.
My previous response was too simplistic as it's much more complicated than what I stated. There is a 'general' explanation and then there's what else can happen in certain cases. Here's what my old man just told me ~

~ If it's a civilian issue that doesn't involve another active duty military member, then the soldier is generally tried in civilian court.

~ Criminal issues not involving the military other than that the offender is an active duty military member, generally the military will allow the civilian criminal court to handle the case.

NOTE: If the case becomes politicized the military can exert jurisdiction over the civilian court.

NOTE: If more than one military member is involved in the case, the military usually steps in and takes jurisdiction.

~ The civililian court has avenues of appeal over jurisdiction issues. However, the final sayso is a senior military commander.

~ Non judicial punishment will almost always follow if a military member is found guilty and it can be career ending depending on the severity of the offense.

Let's say someone is a 19 yo Private 1st class who has made a mistake. His commander will want to get him out of the civil system and read him the riot act or defend him; maybe he'll get an article 15 and have part of his salary docked and warned not to repeat whatever it is he did if he is found guilty under the military system. The upside of this is that he'll have no criminal record. Once someone is an NCO or an Officer different rules apply -there is no mercy. In other words, the military gives young ones a chance and wants to shape them in a positive way.

My husband gave me an example:
Let's say we live off post and are active duty military and a Sargent breaks into our house and robs us. Husband is active duty and so is Sargent - the military will take charge (even though it's an off post incident).

If the Sargent breaks into our neighbor's house who are non military, usually the civilian system will handle the case. However, the dual consequences will apply as his commander will be informed.

~ Therefore, it's much more complicated than I previously made it seem and there seems to be no steadfast rules. What I mean is, a case similar to your son's could be handled differently in another place with another commander in charge.

I'm not trying to make this into a big deal but was curious as to why I thought the way I did so I asked my retired (Army) husband his beliefs/thoughts regarding the subject. There are guidelines but few concrete rules unless the incident takes place on post between two military personnel. Then the military system would handle the case.

MH's sister broke LA's heart if I remember correctly. LA wrote that long thing on his myspace page about her.

Oh, I hope we do get to hear those wired conversations.

It wasnt' MH's sister, it was his ex-wife(Tara),
Lee dated her while she and Mark were separated....
Yes Lee wrote that angry (and IMO rightly so) myspace post to and about her.

Do we have an exact date of MH visit?

ETA: Oct 10, 2008 was date listed of "recording." Not sure if that is a recording with a wire, or a recording possibly made at OCSO

I think we may be missing more interviews in regards to MH..Sept 2008

In Sept 2008 FBI Savage and I think OCSO Irvwin, went to Cali to interview the Padilla crew AND Mark Hawkins..then a few weeks later he comes to Orlando.

Thank you. That's a great link and that is the communication between KC and MH that I remember reading. I should have said that I think they were IMs.
I get the various forms of communication mixed up - IMs, MS, FB, texts and I totally forgot about emails (even though that's the only form I use!).

Therefore, there probably aren't any IMs. Hope you haven't been looking too hard. :eek::redface:

I've been up in the Resource thread for an hour reading and can't find the quote where ICA said to MH she had something to tell him. I sure am curious to find out the date. I just am SURE I read it somewhere....grrr

I've been up in the Resource thread for an hour reading and can't find the quote where ICA said to MH she had something to tell him. I sure am curious to find out the date. I just am SURE I read it somewhere....grrr

bbm
I remember reading that she said or texted/posted that as well

It wasnt' MH's sister, it was his ex-wife(Tara),
Lee dated her while she and Mark were separated....
Yes Lee wrote that angry (and IMO rightly so) myspace post to and about her.

And I believe Lee was upset because Tara was pregnant and she terminated the pregnancy and she did not tell Lee (I believe that was what was said and why Lee was angry). But interestingly, or not depending how you want to look at it, that shortly after Lee's post KC claims to have been pregnant and miscarried a child from BS at the no clothes party. KC the Queen of Spinoffs. jmo

I found this on Valhal's hinkeymeter.....great searchable discovery

On July 17, 2008, I received a phone call from Mr. Mark Hawkins; he advised he knows Mrs. Anthony. Mr.
Hawkins is an active duty Marine stationed in 29 Palms, California. Mrs. Anthony and Mrs. Hawkins were
communicating on almost a daily basis via telephone and internet. Approximately a week ago from July
17, 2008, Mrs. Anthony told Mr. Hawkins that she was planning a trip to California and she needed to tell
him something. Mrs. Anthony said she told her mother and brother, and she did not know how we
would react about what she had to tell him. Mr. Hawkins heard that Caylee's father was deceased

ETA Add link
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/reports/incidentreport071708.pdf

And I believe Lee was upset because Tara was pregnant and she terminated the pregnancy and she did not tell Lee (I believe that was what was said and why Lee was angry). But interestingly, or not depending how you want to look at it, that shortly after Lee's post KC claims to have been pregnant and miscarried a child from BS at the no clothes party. KC the Queen of Spinoffs. jmo

Yes, interesting..
:waitasec:
Lee's angry post was Sunday December 10 2006...
iirc..Casey claims she miscarried on Valentines Day 2007 (how dramatic)

Casey and Mark H exchange emails in the summer of 2007 found here
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/casey_anthony_computer_report.pdf

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOqqj8cZL2k[/ame]

I found this on Valhal's hinkeymeter.....great searchable discovery

On July 17, 2008, I received a phone call from Mr. Mark Hawkins; he advised he knows Mrs. Anthony. Mr.
Hawkins is an active duty Marine stationed in 29 Palms, California. Mrs. Anthony and Mrs. Hawkins were
communicating on almost a daily basis via telephone and internet. Approximately a week ago from July
17, 2008, Mrs. Anthony told Mr. Hawkins that she was planning a trip to California and she needed to tell
him something. Mrs. Anthony said she told her mother and brother, and she did not know how we
would react about what she had to tell him. Mr. Hawkins heard that Caylee's father was deceased

Thanks!
That's what I remember reading.

Interesting, I hadn't realized the timing on ICA loading MH's pic to her desktop. It was done on 7/15/08. So even though the emails were summer of '07, she was still actively interested in him (for lack of better terms) 7/15/08

Interesting, I hadn't realized the timing on ICA loading MH's pic to her desktop. It was done on 7/15/08. So even though the emails were summer of '07, she was still actively interested in him (for lack of better terms) 7/15/08

Even for ICA she wouldn't be planning a trip to tell him he was the baby daddy of a child she had already killed......That so breaks my heart to type

I guess that takes him out of the baby daddy gene pool :maddening:

Casey must have been livid when she learned Mark H, like ex-boyfriend TonE, co-operated with LE and agreed to be wired..then...going to Baez's office and to her house WIRED!!!

Now these 2 are Agents of the State. right?

Casey must have been livid when she learned Mark H, like ex-boyfriend TonE, co-operated with LE and agreed to be wired..then...going to Baez's office and to her house WIRED!!!

Looks that way to me! :great: Oh what a day! :crazy:

I don't know if I can handle a doc dump and a hearing on Monday too!

The good news for me...my DH is now addicted to the hearings....I had to keep getting him up to speed on everything LOL

Looks that way to me! :great: Oh what a day! :crazy:

I don't know if I can handle a doc dump and a hearing on Monday too!

The good news for me...my DH is now addicted to the hearings....I had to keep getting him up to speed on everything LOL

Smart Guy! My DH doesn't care about the hearings, just is slightly miffed about my addiction to this "drivel" Oh well....:crazy:

Smart Guy! My DH doesn't care about the hearings, just is slightly miffed about my addiction to this "drivel" Oh well....:crazy:

DH and I made a deal...he can watch Mike and Mike in the morning at 5:00 AM while I sleep and court time is my time...I even threw in a basketball game or two.

That's the thing. I don't think Caylee's father, whether Mark Hawkins of someone else, was ever told that they were the father of Caylee.

I've been looking at the picture of Mark Hawkins and really couldn't say either way. Caylee looks so much like Cindy, imo. I would not rule him out on being Caylee's father based on looks alone though.

I also think, Oh. My. Goodness. What if Caylee was Mark's biological daughter? His poor mother, which would make it Caylee's grandmother, knew both Casey and Caylee, but didn't know that it was her granddaughter because Cindy (and Casey?) decided that they didn't want a father in Caylee's life and by connection, no other grandparents. How horrible! So I hope that this speculation isn't true. This poor woman, Mark's mother, even seen Casey during those "31 days." Can you imagine?

But again, IF Mark is Caylee's biological father, I do not believe they found out until a DNA test had come back... and that was after Caylee's death. I could see him wanting to do anything in his power to help his daughters killer (her mother) to pay for what she has done. Since he couldn't be there for her in her life... he had to be there for her in death. You know?

Maybe it was something as simple as LE wiring MH to get out of Casey what she planned on telling him? The important thing she needed to tell him, but could only tell him in person?

This is going to drive me crazy until I find out. :banghead:

BBM I've always felt he was bio-dad - just my opinion. Haven't seen anything disproving that yet. I assume he had a DNA test after he contacted LE initially. For all we know, he was interviewed in CA, he had the DNA test done, the results were found to be positive and he comes to FL and gets wired. I'd say that's plenty of incentive right there.

Wonderful, Thanks!!

So Casey was out on Bond when Mark H came to Orlando...
I will assume the 2 met and spoke..if he went to the A home and Baez's office since Casey spent every day there.

OooooH...I want to hear or read a transcript of those wired recordings...:giggle:

I remember FBI Savage and LE went to California in Sept 2008 to interview Padilla and crew and Mark Hawkins
I did not hear that Hawkins came to Orlando in October (what a revelation that he was co-operating with LE just like TonE and he was wired when he went to the A's home and Baez's office)

Did they mention what DATE Mark H came in October? Was Casey out on Bond still?

I find it curious that Mark H went to visit the A's and Baez at his office..
Wonder what they had to talk about? Why Casey was texting him telling him she had something to tell him and that she was planning on going to see him in Cali????

Can't wait for his LE interview to come out in the Sunshine:sunshine:

Now it has be curious as to why JP Chatt's LE interview has not been released

I think we may be missing more interviews in regards to MH..Sept 2008

In Sept 2008 FBI Savage and I think OCSO Irvwin, went to Cali to interview the Padilla crew AND Mark Hawkins..then a few weeks later he comes to Orlando.

Would that be early October 2008? The events of 10/01/08 leading up to 10/10/08 are interesting...

10/01/08 - JB officially terminates his service agreement with DC
10/02/08 - JB goes on record stating that it is not in the best interest of his client to tell what she knows about where Caylee is
10/03/08 - JB files a slew of motions; including one that would allow KC to visit "points of interest" in secret with him
10/08/08 - Prosecutors announce they will seek grand jury indictment on homicide charges against KC
10/10/08 - All day court hearing on motions filed by defense. I don't believe the A's or Casey was in court that day (I could be mistaken)

You're right. She must be LIVID. I'm glad her sneaky schemes involving Mark H got thwarted, then turned around on her.

Also glad she didn't move to California!

I wonder if there are any others who were wired, that we don't know about. My guess is no, but wishful thinking :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93
Back