2011.03.03 Lee Anthony's Testimony

What are those actions?

If we started a thread on LA's mistruths, lies, etc...how long would it be?

Do we know what Lee means when he says he "supports' his sister?

Does he have to hate his sister?

Maybe my biggest problem with Lee is that he did not want to work, 100% of the time, with law enforcement. There is a distrust there. He wanted to sleuth on his own.

Do we assume he would not have told LE if he found out about the murder?

Now that is a question I have hung myself up on-Goes to the whole thing with Dominic...

I know, have known for a while, I'm fighting an uphill battle here trying to "defend" Lee-I put that in quotes because I'm not on a big campaign, I just don't feel as hinky-fied by LA, never have.
Being weird and annoying nervous laughter: Not a crime or a tell-tale sign of an obstructor or an accomplice.
Just seems we really don't have a lot to go on to say that he ranks up there with his parents-But then, if they are the measuring stick...

When I say actions, I'm talking about how it seemed that he was just going right along with how his parents felt about the situation. He seemed to be fully in their denial/disparage others/Casey coverup camp for a long time. He was right there with them challenging protestors on their lawn. He took away a memorial put at their house, and he seemed to believe Casey was innocent and everyone else was wrong. He even seemed to help with the coverup with Casey's laptop. Someone said Lee knows what he did, suggesting he was involved with the coverup more than we know. He went on a cruise with his parents, and let's not forget "CMA...CMA...CMA"

I'm now thinking that maybe he was going along with things to make mama Cindy happy, but not so much really believing the same things Cindy and George did. I do things in my mom's presence to make her happy and so that our visit can be a good one. It doesn't mean I'm the same way when I'm on my own and away from her. It doesn't mean I believe the same things she did. I'm just not willing to do things in front of her to rock the boat and make our infrequent vists miserable.

I think Lee was this way when this first happened. I now, after his testimony last week, think that he did believe Casey did it, he just didn't want to rock the Anthony boat at first. Who knows, maybe his CMA speech was directed at Caylee - I do believe that's possible now. His mother and father thought it was directed at Casey and that's all he needed them to think at the time and even now. He will probably never admit to them that he was talking about Caylee and not Casey.

I think he and George have mastered pleasing Cindy to her face while doing their own thing when she's not around. It makes Cindy think she's in control when in reality, she's not. I think she may not fully realize how much either George or Lee is not in Casey's camp, nor would she ever admit that to herself. Otherwise, she would have been furious at Lee and George for the testimony, and it doesn't appear that she mad at them at all, at least what we saw of her in court.

I do think that Lee has not been shy anymore, to a certain extent, about how he feels. And maybe Cindy has, in her mind, allowed him to be that way because ultimately it's okay since he gets to live his own life and not let his life continue to be overshadowed by Casey's mistakes. I think Lee worked it to let his mother think that it was her idea that Lee not be as supportive of Casey anymore when really it was his idea all along.

It's amazing the things we do to for the sake of family peace. I do think, though, that Lee is reaching his limits on doing so. But I don't think he's yet been in Cindy's face and telling her what's what either. It's a careful balancing act for him whereas George is just going off the deep end and probably only staying with Cindy for the sake of future money making opportunities after the trial.

I'm going to reserve judgment on Lee Anthony til the end of trial. He's just not consistent, and the hinky meter still pings.

Personally I don't think Lee is in "camp Caylee", he is imho in camp Lee. I think Lee is listening to his lawyer unlike the other A's and has come to the realization that he could be looking at jail time if he doesn't cooperate with LE. That and Lee has his new family to think about.

Through out this saga many things have changed for Lee. Looking at possible criminal charges, being accused of molestation/incest, starting his own family, ect. I think it is these things that have swayed Lee to finally stop backing his sister and parents. Of course I'm not Lee and not in his shoes, but that is my take on his "turn around".

Keeping in mind we haven't really heard much from Lee after many of these things have happened with him (accusations and such).

I can't really recall, but wasn't LA granted immunity for something???? Maybe I'm dreaming....

When I say actions, I'm talking about how it seemed that he was just going right along with how his parents felt about the situation. He seemed to be fully in their denial/disparage others/Casey coverup camp for a long time. He was right there with them challenging protestors on their lawn. He took away a memorial put at their house, and he seemed to believe Casey was innocent and everyone else was wrong. He even seemed to help with the coverup with Casey's laptop. Someone said Lee knows what he did, suggesting he was involved with the coverup more than we know. He went on a cruise with his parents, and let's not forget "CMA...CMA...CMA"

I'm now thinking that maybe he was going along with things to make mama Cindy happy, but not so much really believing the same things Cindy and George did. I do things in my mom's presence to make her happy and so that our visit can be a good one. It doesn't mean I'm the same way when I'm on my own and away from her. It doesn't mean I believe the same things she did. I'm just not willing to do things in front of her to rock the boat and make our infrequent vists miserable.

I think Lee was this way when this first happened. I now, after his testimony last week, think that he did believe Casey did it, he just didn't want to rock the Anthony boat at first. Who knows, maybe his CMA speech was directed at Caylee - I do believe that's possible now. His mother and father thought it was directed at Casey and that's all he needed them to think at the time and even now. He will probably never admit to them that he was talking about Caylee and not Casey.

I think he and George have mastered pleasing Cindy to her face while doing their own thing when she's not around. It makes Cindy think she's in control when in reality, she's not. I think she may not fully realize how much either George or Lee is not in Casey's camp, nor would she ever admit that to herself. Otherwise, she would have been furious at Lee and George for the testimony, and it doesn't appear that she mad at them at all, at least what we saw of her in court.

I do think that Lee has not been shy anymore, to a certain extent, about how he feels. And maybe Cindy has, in her mind, allowed him to be that way because ultimately it's okay since he gets to live his own life and not let his life continue to be overshadowed by Casey's mistakes. I think Lee worked it to let his mother think that it was her idea that Lee not be as supportive of Casey anymore when really it was his idea all along. It's amazing the things we do to for the sake of family peace. I do think, though, that Lee is reaching his limits on doing so. But I don't think he's yet been in Cindy's face and telling her what's what either. It's a careful balancing act for him whereas George is just going off the deep end and probably only staying with Cindy for the sake of future money making opportunities after the trial.

BBM-Busted! Good call.

I brought this up a long time ago but I'ma say it again- I don't think Lee was ever on "team Casey". It was crystal clear to me from Casey's very first call home from jail that Lee wasn't joining in the games, he told her straight out, I'm not gonna let you treat me how you have been treating mom for the last 4 or 5 weeks. "I'm done with that" he says. Lee told LE everything- about her stealing money from his friend, her parents and grandparents how she never paid him for the car she "bought", her not graduating, that he saw through the "it's a tumor" act.. he even told LE that she never took responsibility for her child financially.. he told them everything! Then he even got the receipts for them when Cindy was fighting them tooth and nail, he is the one who said Cindy was lying about not sending DC into the woods. If not for Lee we would not know half the stuff we do about this "family".

I don't think Lee liked Casey very much even before this happened.. I think he resented that he was expected to grow up and become an adult but she was still a child in the parents home, all her needs met even though she had her own child. I think he resented her lying and stealing and getting away with it. but most of all I think he resented how she treated their mother, the pain she was causing his mother. He said that they told each other things, that they were close, but I never believed him..

I don't think Lee is all that sad to see Casey fade away from his life.

jmo

ETA- Casey's first phone call home.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RI15oQbAh4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RI15oQbAh4[/ame]

I do think that Lee has not been shy anymore, to a certain extent, about how he feels. And maybe Cindy has, in her mind, allowed him to be that way because ultimately it's okay since he gets to live his own life and not let his life continue to be overshadowed by Casey's mistakes. I think Lee worked it to let his mother think that it was her idea that Lee not be as supportive of Casey anymore when really it was his idea all along.

It's amazing the things we do to for the sake of family peace. I do think, though, that Lee is reaching his limits on doing so. But I don't think he's yet been in Cindy's face and telling her what's what either. It's a careful balancing act for him whereas George is just going off the deep end and probably only staying with Cindy for the sake of future money making opportunities after the trial.

It occurs to me after Lee's testimony, and after some thought and reviewing those tapes, that we made some assumptions about his actions that may not have been true. We assumed he was objecting to the memorial on the lawn because of ICA and CA, when he may very well have been saying "stop saying Caylee is dead, she is my niece and I loved her." :waitasec:

Hey, I wish all of my heroes looked like Yuri, LOL. But I don't think, for me, that I was thinking about this in terms of heroes. Yes, I wished someone in that family would be a hero for Caylee, but I never expected it. Sadly, the way they dress just goes along with all the things wrong about the A family. It's just yet another thing to come down on them for.

These hearings this week were eye opening for me. For the first time, I am seeing each member as distinct individuals instead of as a collective, dysfunctional whole. I'm seeing George and Lee not as yes men for Cindy, but men who learned how to treat and deal with her all of these years. Obviously, George has done his own thing and made his own decisions in this case as has Lee. There was no Cindy making them do what she wanted as I previously thought. I am rethinking the dynamics of this family because at least one member has decided to be an agent for Caylee, and another has revealed himself to be more soulless and selfish than the family matriarch.

It's terribly interesting, this rethinking, especially with Lee this past week. I never thought of any of them as heroes for Caylee, and let's face it, Kronk wasn't exactly anyone's definition of a hero, but a hero he was for Caylee. I have learned that heroes don't always look and act like they are expected to, but that doesn't make them any less heroes. So if Lee shows up looking disheveled during the trial, I won't care about that unless he's not being the hero Caylee needs him to be. I hope he remains an agent of Caylee, even in the mitigation phase.

No doubt Kronk was and is a hero and I always thought so - God Bless Mr. Kronk. However, he was not part of the Anthony family, ICA is not his sister and Caylee was not his niece.
I am only suggesting Lee had a much higher mountain to climb to be a hero in that family.

An Eggtree take on LA's testimony :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/4zzsrg5

Thanks Nums24 - I usually get a good laugh from eggtree and look forward to it, but this one felt cruel to me. Just IMO.

Sure, Lee is very odd, but I want him to be a hero in his own way for Caylee and I think he made a good first step during his testimony.

Just idly wondering if Lee if the "another one" when CA said we don't want to lose another one. Unknown to us, he could have made his views to CA pretty clear from almost the get-go. Wouldn't that be a shocker!!

I can't really recall, but wasn't LA granted immunity for something???? Maybe I'm dreaming....

I thought he was granted immunity. That is why he just seemed to always fade away IMO. I do wonder what he took for Baez office if true and what all he found out. Maybe Cindy's reciepts for JC Penny where maybe a new set of bedding would of been purchased?

I now wonder if Lee is the one that send DC to search for Caylee? Remember, Casey wanted to do her own investigation with Baez at one time. What if Casey told Baez where Caylee was and Lee was the one that found out through his snooping? We still have not heard who really sent DC out to search the woods in Nov 2008, wasn't something sealed as well? Was it part of his statement or Hoovers?

July 30, 2009
"Snip" http://www.wftv.com/news/20222332/detail.html

At one point, there was concern that Lee Anthony may be charged with obstruction of justice because of contradicting statements he had given to sheriff's investigators in the past. Now that Lee Anthony has been granted immunity he does not have to worry about that any longer.

Thanks Nums24 - I usually get a good laugh from eggtree and look forward to it, but this one felt cruel to me. Just IMO.

Sure, Lee is very odd, but I want him to be a hero in his own way for Caylee and I think he made a good first step during his testimony.

It's never too late to do the right thing.

I think Lee went into JB office and copied down the information from the receipts he had given JB because LE wanted them. Lee did not take the actual receipts. Now should JB have been the one to turn over those receipts since he knew LE wanted to look at them? It's evidence according to LE and they had asked CA for her to turn them over to them. She did not do that but instead had Lee give them to JB. Why Lee? So is this the "Lee knows what he has done" issue? jmo

Did you guys get my messages from Jose? Lee answers yes. This might need to be posted in the Liar's thread. :floorlaugh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5eGV9AS0w[/ame]

Personally I don't think Lee is in "camp Caylee", he is imho in camp Lee. I think Lee is listening to his lawyer unlike the other A's and has come to the realization that he could be looking at jail time if he doesn't cooperate with LE. That and Lee has his new family to think about.

Through out this saga many things have changed for Lee. Looking at possible criminal charges, being accused of molestation/incest, starting his own family, ect. I think it is these things that have swayed Lee to finally stop backing his sister and parents. Of course I'm not Lee and not in his shoes, but that is my take on his "turn around".

Keeping in mind we haven't really heard much from Lee after many of these things have happened with him (accusations and such).

I think "camp Lee" is a good place for him to be after all that has gone down. He needs to survive this somehow, and move forward with his life. If indeed he mouthed "I love you, good luck" to his sister, I think that is probably the right place to be, emotionally. Tell the truth and move forward.

I think Lee went into JB office and copied down the information from the receipts he had given JB because LE wanted them. Lee did not take the actual receipts. Now should JB have been the one to turn over those receipts since he knew LE wanted to look at them? It's evidence according to LE and they had asked CA for her to turn them over to them. She did not do that but instead had Lee give them to JB. Why Lee? So is this the "Lee knows what he has done" issue? jmo

Oops - I need to go back and reread this stuff - I had it backwards. I thought LE asked CA for them and she gave them to JB. And Lee went to JB's office, copied them and gave the copy to LE....:waitasec: must do a redo over...

Could I be mistruthen? :loser:

hi, I've been trying to find links to the Raw Video for Lees whole testimony on 3/4....can anyone help pls?:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back