State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or there was forensic evidence in both cars. Complicated by the fact that the cars were theirs and both would have been in the other at one time or another.

Quite sure there is FE in both cars.
"Damning" could imply blood or body fluids.
Can't imagine that could be in both.

A big Thank You for helping me on the autopsy -- and yep, there it is -- WRAL was the only place I didn't look since so many times they do not publish them. Well, duh, Borndem.

Maybe we'll get some real stuff this afternoon.

I am sure that SleuthyGal is having a big time -- doncha think?? Her smile musta been about 3 miles wide when the UC said he thought Our Boy Brad (JMO) DID!!

I can't wait to read her comments.

Dunno, people get cuts and bleed. Blood is possible in my opinion. People sweat, hopefully nothing else but...

Dunno, people get cuts and bleed. Blood is possible in my opinion. People sweat, hopefully nothing else but...

If NC's blood or body fluid was found in his trunk, that would be very powerful evidence for me. Of course, Kurtz would quickly use your argument and try to dismiss.

As he should. Unfortunately there is no way to specifically assign a date to forensic evidence deposition.

SleuthyGal will be here tonight and give us details. I am so glad she was able to attend today!

I just have to wonder how long Dismukes will be on the stand! Then tomorrow is a half day. I am too impatient and will have to work on that, LOL!

Really ashame no audio. I understand the no video, but really.

Cary detective says any number of things could have been used to suffocate Nancy Cooper-pillow, sheet, clothing. #coopertrial

Darn it... let's read the autopsy report... she was strangled, not suffocated. The vast professional knowledge of this detective is amazing. He actually knows that lots of things may be used to suffocate someone. Wonder if he learned that in detective school or read it in an Agatha Christie novel?

I see the #coopertrial twitter feed has some wry comments on this line of questioning -- or rather, responses.

Perhaps the judge needs a new name each day. Tuesday was Judge Hearsay. Today it's Judge CouldBeMightBe. So far, anyway.

And... is it normal to wait three or four minutes for this site to reload?

On another matter, I did listen to the BC depo on cleaning. Amazing to hear Stubbs ask him to describe the gasoline can, ask him where he refilled it, whether his lawn mower ever ran out of gas, and if he knew where Lake Norman was.

Darn it... let's read the autopsy report... she was strangled, not suffocated. The vast professional knowledge of this detective is amazing. He actually knows that lots of things may be used to suffocate someone. Wonder if he learned that in detective school or read it in an Agatha Christie novel?

I see the #coopertrial twitter feed has some wry comments on this line of questioning -- or rather, responses.

Perhaps the judge needs a new name each day. Tuesday was Judge Hearsay. Today it's Judge CouldBeMightBe. So far, anyway.

On another matter, I did listen to the BC depo on cleaning. Amazing to hear Stubbs ask him to describe the gasoline can, ask him where he refilled it, whether his lawn mower ever ran out of gas, and if he knew where Lake Norman was.

You can gleam all of that from a tweet ?

I am on the prosecution side here as I do believe that BC killed Nancy, but what good is it really for an undercover detective to use words such as 'could have' and 'maybe'? IMO, he is speculating and any of us could do the same thing he appears to be doing now.

This is the most UNUSUAL trial I have ever tried to follow. We need a Judge Perry there ASAP! MOO!

Officer Bergin K9 Testimony.

OK, I had not watched the K9 testimony, I am watching it now. I don't think this is bad for the prosecution.

If the K9 Officer was going into the house, he was locating NCs scent. It indicated that the K9 found a stronger scent in the house, and surely even though it was concentrated there, it was older than 14 hours.

Perhaps it was the reporters word "suffocate" when she tweeted.

I dont think so because she tweeted he said pillow,sheet ect. That would make me beleive he was referring suffocation. :waitasec:

From the tweet: Cary detective says any number of things could have been used to suffocate Nancy Cooper-pillow, sheet, clothing.

Can you actually strangle someone with a pillow? Strange choice of murder weapon. But then, I'm sure this detective has run across numerous cases of folks strangled with pillows.

I warned you I could be/would be snarky.

wral Undercover officer says bolt missing on Brad's license plate. Screw gun could've removed it. Screw gun seen in pantry/mud room. #coopertrial

Okay! Screw was missing on BC's license plate. Screw gun located in the 'mud room'. I wish the testimony was giving facts such as this and no 'maybe' allowed. I can see speculation allowed where the friends are concerned as to their impressions on demeanor and their observations, but not with the UC detective.

MOO

:maddening:

ETA: sorry (no live feed) I was punked... where is Ashton?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member