WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see ... according to Hendry, Meredith was wearing her coat when the attack started.

"With the struggle over, Rudy seizes the collar of the blue sweatshirt Meredith is wearing and pulls her toward the nightstand, leaving a heavy trail of blood. After moving her upper body for about 1-1/2 feet in a counterclockwise arc, the jacket begins to come off, and she is caught up in the mat on the floor, so Rudy tosses it toward the desk."

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/december042010/amanda-know.php

An obvious problem with Hendry's "Amanda the Victim" opinion is that he claims the footprint on the bathmat belongs to Rudy. That completely contradicts expert testimony ... the experts that actually analysed the real mat, the real footprint and the real crime scene.

...If we can't rely on facts that were introduced in court, I don't think we can rely on any other source.

otto, I don't know what they do in Italy, but in the U.S., the first thing they tell the jury is that witnesses sometimes lie, sometimes make mistakes, sometimes have conflicting views. It is the job of the jury to decide what to believe and how much weight to give each piece of testimony.

Essentially, that's what we do here at WS, we play "juror" from afar. Certainly, trial testimony tends to be more reliable than internet rumor, but that doesn't mean we should assume either is gospel.

And I say that while setting aside Allusonz' info showing ILE to be one of the most corrupt systems in Europe.

So you're suggesting that Raffaele's and Amanda's DNA may have been all over Meredith's bedroom but it wasn't tested? Or ... their DNA was all over the cottage but only Raffaele's DNA flew into Meredith's bedroom, landing on her bra?

Meredith's DNA flew over to Raffaele's apartment, climbed in the kitchen drawer and glued itself to the knife? Flying DNA is more likely than boyfriend/girlfriend taking a knife from one residence to another?

Yes, I think it is quite possible there is DNA from AK and RS in MK's room that was never found. HOWEVER, ILE tested the places--including the body of the victim--where MK's attacker(s) were most likely to leave DNA and found nothing except a few cells on a bra clasp.

As for MK's DNA getting to RS' knife, a more likely scenario is that the DNA traveled on AK's hands to be deposited unknowingly when she used RS' knife.

That's IF, of course, (a) the DNA actually belongs to MK and (b) isn't mere lab contamination. I'm not convinced of either.

Oddly, his opinion seems to neatly wrap itself around Amanda the victim, doesn't it?

Nothing odd about it, since he was not employed by the Knox family at the time he did his analysis. Unlike members of ILE who time and time again pull rabbits out of hats to magically find the one piece of microscopic evidence that will support Mignini's wild imaginings.

An obvious problem with Hendry's "Amanda the Victim" opinion is that he claims the footprint on the bathmat belongs to Rudy. That completely contradicts expert testimony ... the experts that actually analysed the real mat, the real footprint and the real crime scene.

The real experts who overlooked RS' hammertoe? Yeah, I remember the ones.

The real experts who overlooked RS' hammertoe? Yeah, I remember the ones.
To explain in plain English what the discussion about the hammer toe was about: The expert for the defense, Professor Vinci, tried the 'hammer-toe theory' to proof that the bathmat footprint could not be RS's. A hammer toe is a characteristic where the 2nd toe doesn't touch the ground. Professor Vinci came up with a footprint of RS from 2006 where his 2nd toe is not visible. To show that the bathmat footprint does show the 2nd toe, he had to detach a part of the big toe print and claim it to be the 2nd toe. This the court did not agree with and considered it a very weak argument. Besides that it still would exclude RG's foot as his 2nd toe is much further separated from the big toe.

There is a lot more on the footprint analysis but it gets rather technical on measurements and all that, so I just leave it to this. Not only the bathmat footprint was identified as being RS's. There also was a luminol print in the hallway identified as his. I have to be politically correct and say these are 'opinions of probable identity' as a footprint can never be absolutely identified like a fingerprint.

Nothing odd about it, since he was not employed by the Knox family at the time he did his analysis. Unlike members of ILE who time and time again pull rabbits out of hats to magically find the one piece of microscopic evidence that will support Mignini's wild imaginings.

Where did he get all those crime scene photos from?

To explain in plain English what the discussion about the hammer toe was about: The expert for the defense, Professor Vinci, tried the 'hammer-toe theory' to proof that the bathmat footprint could not be RS's. A hammer toe is a characteristic where the 2nd toe doesn't touch the ground. Professor Vinci came up with a footprint of RS from 2006 where his 2nd toe is not visible. To show that the bathmat footprint does show the 2nd toe, he had to detach a part of the big toe print and claim it to be the 2nd toe. This the court did not agree with and considered it a very weak argument. Besides that it still would exclude RG's foot as his 2nd toe is much further separated from the big toe.

There is a lot more on the footprint analysis but it gets rather technical on measurements and all that, so I just leave it to this. Not only the bathmat footprint was identified as being RS's. There also was a luminol print in the hallway identified as his. I have to be politically correct and say these are 'opinions of probable identity' as a footprint can never be absolutely identified like a fingerprint.

Yes there is alot more on this

First off Rinaldi used the grid of Robbins in which I do believe every case she ever worked on has been reviewed and her testimony tossed. She was also sanctioned

Rinaldi measured the big toe and 2nd toe together on the bathmat and came up with a measurement of 30mm when in fact the correct measurement of the big toe is 24.8. RS is totally incapable of stepping on his 2nd toe.

Torre also pointed out that the luminol footprints that investigators say are of Knox's bare feet cannot be because Knox's second toe is longer than her big toe, and that characteristic is not apparent in the lumino-enhanced prints. He also pointed out that the bare footprints of the other two women who lived in the house were not taken for comparison, nor were those of the victim

http://abcnews.go.com/International/Story?id=8014386&page=2

Ballistics is the study of projectiles ... so who better to discuss the projectile rock than a ballistics expert? That is entirely different than a mechanical engineer that studies vehicle accidents claiming to be an expert in crime scene analysis and blood spatter.

Is there anyone that would want the crime scene of a loved one analyzed by a traffic accident resconstructionist? I doubt it.

I can actually agree with you on the fact that a ballistic expert should be able to determine the path of a rock. Massei did not feel that a ballistics expert was a rock throwing expert I wonder why?

Vincenzo Pasquali Forensic Expert

His testimony was rejected by Massei as he is only an expert in ballistics not rock throwing

Mr Vincio tesified that the sizes and shapes did not match. video and ballistic measurements to tell the court the window was smashed from the outside and was not simulated.

Do you have a reference other than the discussion board you linked?

According to the motivation report, the court determined that: "We already mentioned that, at around 21:15 pm, all interaction with Raffaele Sollecito’s computer stops"

pg 77

"Raffaele Sollecito's computer appears to have been activated in order to listen to music at 5:32 am on November 2 for a period of about half an hour"

pg 82

Meredith was not found wearing a jacket, so why would you think that she didn't take it off?

I believe IIRC the 9:46 time came out of the appeal documents of RS

These computers were owned by Raffaele (2 computers, one was damaged), Amanda and Meredith. These three computer hard drives were damaged during inspection. This damage has never been properly explained. The electronic boards of all the three hard disks were damaged in such way to hinder any data extrapolation

The expert did not even know where to look for the data on a MacIntosh

He also ignored the download believed to be a movie which began after the 9:10 pm time given in the Motivational Report

Just so I understand, are you saying that the prosecutor is not accountable to anyone, or are you saying that you do not know who prosecutors are accountable to?

I am saying that Migninii is out of control. That there are no checks and balances in place much like Nifong in the Duke case.

He was allowed to become to powerful and IMO has crossed too many lines, on too many people and the people of Italy will be paying out of their pockets for his mistakes which is truly unfortunate

Where did he get all those crime scene photos from?

After Hendry initially posted his findings based on the photos that he had collected he was given access to the photos of the defense. His condition was that he be allowed to publish whatever his findings were even if they were detrimental to AK and RS.

Hendry is a layperson when it comes to crime scene analysis. We can all offer those opinions, but why rely on some guy's opinion when we have the trial summary?

If you dont like Hendry how about these 4?

Walter Patumi Forensic Expert

When Walter Patumi one of the most experienced coroners in Italy. The concept is simple, with a little blade you can make a long cut. And everything in the murder of Meredith suggests that a little blade was used. Even the larger wound, since two waves are detectable on the margins of the cut, as if the offender stroked three times there.

http://perugia-shock.blogspot.com/20...or-amanda.html

His testimony was disregarded as he is only an expert in ballistics not rock throwing

Mr Vincio tesified that the sizes and shapes did not match. video and ballistic measurements to tell the court the window was smashed from the outside and was not simulated.

Medical examiner Carlo Torre

Torre told the court there is not a single element that leads one to think more than one person could have comitted the crime

Francesco Introna Forensic Expert

Sollecito's consultant, told the court last month that Kercher was knifed from behind, a lone killer holding her chin with one hand and the knife in the other.

Yes there is alot more on this

First off Rinaldi used the grid of Robbins in which I do believe every case she ever worked on has been reviewed and her testimony tossed. She was also sanctioned

Rinaldi measured the big toe and 2nd toe together on the bathmat and came up with a measurement of 30mm when in fact the correct measurement of the big toe is 24.8. RS is totally incapable of stepping on his 2nd toe.

Torre also pointed out that the luminol footprints that investigators say are of Knox's bare feet cannot be because Knox's second toe is longer than her big toe, and that characteristic is not apparent in the lumino-enhanced prints. He also pointed out that the bare footprints of the other two women who lived in the house were not taken for comparison, nor were those of the victim

http://abcnews.go.com/International/Story?id=8014386&page=2
Both Vinci and Rinaldi used the Robbins grid.

Both Vinci and Rinaldi used the Robbins grid.

Here is what the Chicago Tribune wrote about Louise Robbins:

By the time Robbins died in 1987, appeals courts had overturned many of the cases in which she had testified. And the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, in a rare rebuke of one of its members, concluded her courtroom work was not grounded in science

Here is what the Chicago Tribune wrote about Louise Robbins:

By the time Robbins died in 1987, appeals courts had overturned many of the cases in which she had testified. And the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, in a rare rebuke of one of its members, concluded her courtroom work was not grounded in science
Sure, but that wasn't my point. I simply pointed out what came out of the trial but you instead state your opinion as facts as usual. The width of the big toe is 30mm which matches RS's foot. There was no 2nd toe. Vinci tried to make the impossible possible but he failed miserably. His arguments were considered totally weak. JMO (and the judges...lol).

After Hendry initially posted his findings based on the photos that he had collected he was given access to the photos of the defense. His condition was that he be allowed to publish whatever his findings were even if they were detrimental to AK and RS.

It looks a bit like a chicken and egg situation. How could he make any statements about the scene without seeing the crime scene photos? It looks like he received the photos in order to do an "accident recontruction" of the bedroom ... and it seems fairly obvious that Amanda's family provided those crime scene photos for distribution on the internet.

Any thoughts on how Hendry can draw conclusions about a blood smear on the side of a desk based on a photo taken at an angle?

If you dont like Hendry how about these 4?

Walter Patumi Forensic Expert

When Walter Patumi one of the most experienced coroners in Italy. The concept is simple, with a little blade you can make a long cut. And everything in the murder of Meredith suggests that a little blade was used. Even the larger wound, since two waves are detectable on the margins of the cut, as if the offender stroked three times there.

http://perugia-shock.blogspot.com/20...or-amanda.html

His testimony was disregarded as he is only an expert in ballistics not rock throwing

Medical examiner Carlo Torre

Torre told the court there is not a single element that leads one to think more than one person could have comitted the crime

Francesco Introna Forensic Expert

Sollecito's consultant, told the court last month that Kercher was knifed from behind, a lone killer holding her chin with one hand and the knife in the other.

Ballistics experts are, in my opinion, ideal for discussing projectiles. If the judge disallowed testimony, there must be a good reason. The rock was part of the staged break-in, so maybe there's nothing to say about the rock. Perhaps it had to first be demonstrated that it was thrown into the room, and that could not be established.

When you say that "Sollecito's consultant told the court last month" ... when was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea