2008.07.16 Casey's First Phone Call Home From Jail *revisit*

That first phone call invalidated everything positive that her family and her attorney said about Casey from that day until now. That phone call was damning to her defense. If you throw out everything but that one phone call, it gives a clear picture of the kind of person Casey is, and makes clear the fact that her very last concern was her daughter.

"That's all they're worried about right now is getting Caylee back".

Her mouth outran her brain (short race). That bell has been rung, that ship has sailed, etc, etc ,etc. No amount of spin can undo her very own words.

Pair this with her feverish need to be out of jail before Caylee comes home...and her decision not to see Lee one-on-one because it would be "an interrogation."

I've always thought this phone call would sink Casey more so than even cindys it smells like a dead body in the car. I get so angry at hearing how little Casey cared for her daughter. I would love to see the look of disbelief in the jurors face when they hear Casey Anthony for what she truly is. I would add in adjectives but I would get banned. I so hope she never gets a sound night of sleep for the rest of her miserable life!!!!!

We all agree KC's response's in this phone call are unusual for a mother of a missing child, but how about CA? Her response in this phone call is just as alarming as KC's for me. If you listen to it, you can hear that in these moments between KC & CA....neither is panicked - frantic, neither is begging the other for help or understanding _(why is that?), at this moment....both put the "game" of their relationship first. KC brings up seeing CA on tv and what does CA say? She doesn't sound worn and worried, explaining to her daughter in a serious tone that she had to get word out about Caylee, no she "pushes some buttons" in KC by saying, "yeah, which one? I did several". It bothers me a lot that even at this early stage, CA doesn't sound like I think she should and it bothers me that she is enjoying "poking" KC with her answers. And the fact that she says it in the sweetest tone....it's weird, it's not normal, and I think there is much more that we don't know between these two. IMO we all should remember our first instincts....about everyone in that family.

MOO

I have been following this case from the very beginning, and this is my first time actually posting on here. I have felt Casey was guilty ever since I heard that she didn't report her daughter missing for 31 days, and I always thought a murder conviction would be a slam dunk for the prosecution. But after hearing JB's OS, I began to have my doubts. I do not believe Baezs theory for a minute, and still think she is as guilty as sin, but I can see where some jurors may have doubts and may actually believe him. I was so upset after the OS, and was not as hopeful that Caylee would finally get justice. But today after hearing the jailhouse tape, I felt so much better. That tape, imo, is one of the most damning pieces of evidence. It is the jury's first introduction to the real Casey Anthony. It is the first time that the jury hears ICA speak, and man that call speaks volumes. And there is no way to spin that to make ICA look good. I can imagine every single juror looking at ICA with disgust after hearing that tape. I have heard the tape before but never in its entirety. I was shocked and disgusted by her tone and her horrible foul language. What child talks to their mother that way? I am hopeful that the jury will be able to see ICA for what she is, and that there will finally be justice for Caylee.

I've always thought this phone call would sink Casey more so than even cindys it smells like a dead body in the car. I get so angry at hearing how little Casey cared for her daughter. I would love to see the look of disbelief in the jurors face when they hear Casey Anthony for what she truly is. I would add in adjectives but I would get banned. I so hope she never gets a sound night of sleep for the rest of her miserable life!!!!!

bbm
IMO after the jury heard this call today..played after the 3 911 calls...the sinking has begun

I completely agree. I think that JB's OS has changed the trial from one debating over premeditation and guilt to opposite extremes, the stakes could not be higher. By going after the family, if the Jury does not buy into that complex theory then they will come down harder on ICA -- especially after seeing CA testify. This call is one of those that will turn the Jury against ICA ... Major, hugely major.

My post keep getting lost cuz these threads keep merging, so I will try one more time. I certainly do think the calls are damning. Kc is clearly not thinking about Caylees where abouts or well being at all. She is only thinking of herself and getting a hold of Tony's number. What did she think he would do for her? Calling you guys huge waste . I am sure that gave the jurors a better picture of the evilness of ICA.

I have been following this case from the very beginning, and this is my first time actually posting on here. I have felt Casey was guilty ever since I heard that she didn't report her daughter missing for 31 days, and I always thought a murder conviction would be a slam dunk for the prosecution. But after hearing JB's OS, I began to have my doubts. I do not believe Baezs theory for a minute, and still think she is as guilty as sin, but I can see where some jurors may have doubts and may actually believe him. I was so upset after the OS, and was not as hopeful that Caylee would finally get justice. But today after hearing the jailhouse tape, I felt so much better. That tape, imo, is one of the most damning pieces of evidence. It is the jury's first introduction to the real Casey Anthony. It is the first time that the jury hears ICA speak, and man that call speaks volumes. And there is no way to spin that to make ICA look good. I can imagine every single juror looking at ICA with disgust after hearing that tape. I have heard the tape before but never in its entirety. I was shocked and disgusted by her tone and her horrible foul language. What child talks to their mother that way? I am hopeful that the jury will be able to see ICA for what she is, and that there will finally be justice for Caylee.

I agree with you. In theory, Baez's explanation for her ugly coping makes sense. And after his OS many people were ready to buy his explanation.
But the state has done a great job showing the depth of her lies and the enormity of the deceit she was spewing. It just did not fit the situation.

Many of us have known SA victims, and some of us are survivors ourselves. But there are probably few if any that could rise to her level of pathology. Her entire life is a lie. All SA victims act out in some way as they first break free, imo. But that does not mean they would have no emotional reaction to the death of their child, accidental or not. And when we saw and heard the way she spoke to her brother and to her concerned friend, so coldly, so arrogantly. THAT did not fit with Baez'z initial explanation at all. He said she was fragile and disconnected because of her pain from the abuse. That is not what we heard in that call from jail. She was connected, but with anger and disdain. " All they care about is getting Caylee back." That is not a 'fragile' soul speaking, imo.

bbm
IMO after the jury heard this call today..played after the 3 911 calls...the sinking has begun

I was shocked all over again when the words "all they care about is (finding) Caylee " spilled forth for the jurors to hear.
It's so different when you know the jurors are listening to it. Ready,Aim, Fire!

And to read via tweeter that juror #4 (1319) looked up from the transcript of the jailhouse call to "glare" at the defendant... well. Well then. Is all I can say.

And I imagine that this phone call is going to be replayed over and over in the jurors mind. Out of all the evidence, other than the duct tape, this might be what gets ICA the DP. The true nature of ICA is never more apparent in all her ice cold glory than she is in this phone call.

I literally get chills down my spine when I hear it. It's a visceral reaction that I'm sure at least one juror experienced today.

And think about it. If one juror at least experienced the chills when listening to that call from ICA to her home, then what will they experience when they hear about the duct tape, or the stain in the trunk?

I'm curious why she doesn't already know her boyfriend's phone number. It's irrelevant, but still makes me curious.

Cause we have reached a point where we don't memorize phone numbers. We just push a button next to a name in our call list or phone book of people we call frequently. It's a speed dial world.
jmo

And to read via tweeter that juror #4 (1319) looked up from the transcript of the jailhouse call to "glare" at the defendant... well. Well then. Is all I can say.

I was thrilled to hear that for two reasons. Number one, somebody posted an interesting observation during the JS. They mentioned that when someone says something definitive that they never like to do,' like to judge others ', it sometimes means that it is exactly what they often do.
Number two, I hoped she would have the same set of moral values and old school beliefs that I assumed she would have. A strong sense of family loyalty and ethics. And reading that tweet made me believe it was true. I believe Baez may be sorry that he fought for her so hard, imo.

What was so beautiful about this call played for the jury is that it is the unedited version. Now I know very early on in the case I once heard the version without the bleeping but I could never find it again or it had been taken down.

This version played for the jury is just the sort of slap the defense team needed and I'm so glad that I got to watch it live today - how long we've been waiting for this moment.

As each day goes on it looks more and more likely that ICA will have to take the stand - otherwise the only voice they will have heard from the defendant is the one on the tape - if the defense go with that they are sunk.

Okay I got stuck on a 2 hour phone call today. Where/when exactly was this played? Immediately after the 911 calls? I swear I looked and after the last 911 call where cindy breaks down(wftv pt 5), they take a break. Then Pt. 6 goes to Baez questioning CA.. Where is this call? please help!

OMG...I am now listening to the first jail call. I'd forgotten what a self-righteous narcissistic b#### KC was from the get-go. Talking as if LE basically couldn't find an elephant in a wading pool. Unbelievable. After watching Cindy in court breaking down and now to listen to KC talk with CA, LA, and Kristina so cold and self-serving it packs an even bigger punch now than it did 3 years ago. Just makes me sick. And sicker.

Okay I got stuck on a 2 hour phone call today. Where/when exactly was this played? Immediately after the 911 calls? I swear I looked and after the last 911 call where cindy breaks down(wftv pt 5), they take a break. Then Pt. 6 goes to Baez questioning CA.. Where is this call? please help!

It's on youtube but I don't want to link to it just yet as I need to check something with the account holder. Do a search on youtube and it will probably come up.

It is after the 911 calls but don't forget all 3 were played.

Was there a phone call after this one to Tony? If so, is there a transcript of that call at all? Thanks

I have listened to this call many times since 2008, but today, hearing it after CA broke down on the stand during the 911 calls, was jaw-dropping. I can only imagine how horrified the jurors were to hear her narcissistic rant. I wish I could have seen their faces.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita
Back