2011.04.16 48 Hours: Only Casey Knows

The only thing that would shock me in the first few minutes of Jose's opening statement would be if his client said she wanted to change her plea.

I attended a baseball game tonight and didn't think about the show until I saw the last 10 minutes of the program, quite accidentally. When I got home, I turned my TV on to wait for the news and 48 hours was on - first thing I saw was a picture of Casey, so I watched.

All I can say is their "control group" or whatever they were called, didn't hear the majority of the details, from what I gathered. Really, if they had heard everything, I can't see how they couldn't find sympathy for Caylee and want justice for her.

The little I saw, it seemed slanted in Casey's favor.

Baez and Cindy were still Baez and Cindy. 'Nuff said.

I bet they were not shown Cindy's and George's work records indicating they were at work when the computer searches for chloroform, neck breaking, etc were made.

"JOse Baez tried to get the trial moved from Orlando but the Judge refused."

Well that's just not true. Aren't they going outside Orlando for the jury?

Yes, so he must mean the location for the trial. Damn right the judge said no way. This case is costing Florida a small fortune as it is. There are approximately 350 witnesses for the state.

That's like saying just because the street is wet, it doesn't mean it rained. He's a real sharp one isn't he?

Yeah, kind of like "just because there were "coffin flies" in the trunk AND at the crime scene doesn't mean somebody died". His credibility is severely lacking IMO.

No talking about the sponsors, guys. That comes straight from Mama Tricia. You guys can do whatever you please away from the board and I encourage you to follow your convictions. We just can't talk about it here, okay?
Thanks, Beach...didn't know that. oxoxoxoxox

Has me wondering why the mention of GA was even brought up? Like if it was even remotely true ICA would have screamed it from the rooftops from day 1!

Now 48 Hours is talking about the searches for chloroform and neck breaking... and now JB saying that could have been run by any family member

I think the state has timelines of when people were working and not and hopefully KC is the only one available for the computer at that time.

Jesse mentioning the Cindy and Casey fight with Cindy choking Casey. Cindy denies this.

Well, LA and the neighbors must be wrong.

:doh: :doh: JB saying that this case needs to be tried in the courtroom. So he won't talk about defense strategy! :doh:

I think they're going to go for sympathy and hope to convict of a lesser charge.

Who would vote to aquit Casey Anthony?

All rise (just as they rehearsed.)

Did these 'jurors' read the depos and other docs? I doubt it.

"Accidental" ??
The "Focus" Group ....

How many accidents show up with the victim duct taped and dumped in a swamp.
What about ICA complaining about those dead squirrels causeing the stench in her car

I was happy to hear from Jesse G. He came off very well In your face Cindy for all the
remarks you just loved saying sice DAY 1

Exactly! Or as this "Focus Group" decided - an ACCIDENT! How does duct tape "accidently" get put across her mouth? :waitasec:

BBM

All of those are what I'm thinking too.

This thread is moving faster than I read. Before ya'll go to bed and i am still on page 11---what was the evidence that was released? I never saw anythang bout that---i really enjoyed the program---sat here and grinned thru most of it.

Whem I first heard about it--I was very upset---but not any more---it's all good. I think that 31 days will be the knife at the throat.

They found a photo with KC smiling in the background;

http://www.clickorlando.com/image/27548395/detail.html

27548395_480X360.jpg

...and then crawled in garbage/laundry bags and hurled herself over an embankment and into the woods......:banghead:

Oh no - that last part was the desperate acts of a grieving young girl driven nuts by her family.

Who then spent 31 days dialing 912 on her cell because she was too young and distraught to remember 9-1-1.

Well I have come to the conclusion this was payday for the ones that left and weren't paid for their sevices before now. Not one person said anything different than we have seen in news clips or other interviews in the past. AL wasn't there because she did get paid. I can't imagine why CBS bothered other than it was a 2 part series they planned on saving the second part for just before trial. It was really a waste of an hour for me.
I also noticed many commercials were for upcoming shows.

Good points. I get the feeling that this might have been contracted early on in the case. You know like back when the first show was done. The defense was probably attracted to the idea of the focus group, paid for by 48 hrs. Family still believed that the show would follow their suggestions and make it pro KC. And also they probably paid 'licensing arrangements.'

But then the first show was shown. And it wasn't as pro KC as maybe the DT and the family would have wanted. DT probably had to follow through, to honor the previous contracts. But they mainly just denied, they didn't really try to defend and they didn't really give out defense strategy, theories or explanations. They gave out nothing new. Family has really backed off on what they offered. No "missing KC and Caylee" drama, no new "she's being railroaded" laments. I really expected at least a "we are going to set up a memorial as soon as this pesky trial is over and KC has been vindicated" from the family. Didn't happen and that makes me think the family has really backed off in their participation.

I've been following the case, but not to the extent that you all have. And I don't know a lot of the smaller details. But nothing in this show made me question whether there is any doubt in KC's guilt. And believe me I am usually pretty easily led when it comes to instilling any doubt about guilt when listening to the defense. But in this case, there was none. Instead I felt some irritation when the defense was presenting the "no evidence of homicide" and the "no DNA found." My response to that was a feeling of "do they think I am stuuupid?"

Baby not reported missing, mother out partying, when body was found "no evidence" looks like coverup, why cover up if no crime?

It is known that the DT reads hear. Does anyone think they will read this thread to see if this slanted show altered any of our opinions?

So far I am pretty satisfied with the show. As expected, DT is pro KC. The A's are pro KC. That you pretty much have to expect. But they are balancing that with Bondi, with the pics of KC, and with the 'public accusations' the things that the public believes.

Focus group, I really don't worry about too much. A... the main discussion of the focus group seems to have been that the group doesn't believe that the trial can be fair because of what was shown in the media. B.... what is presented to the focus group won't be what is presented to the jury. The prosecution didn't participate, so their theories, their interpetations of the evidence isn't being presented. What and how the evidence is presented and what is emphasisized will count for a lot. C.... There have been other focus groups with other cases. And some of those focus groups have come back with a no conviction. But when the case actually went to trial, the jury convicted. Basically the focus group is only as good as what is presented to it. And the prosecution doesn't participate in the focus group.

BTW one thing the DT has done that will hurt themselves in public opinion, and with the jury if they use it in trial is the old "no evidence of homicide" because the cause of death can't be determined, and the old "no DNA" found defense. That is actually a double edged sword for the defense. Jury will look at "why isn't there this proof" and the response to that of course is the conditions that the remains were in. Why were the remains in that condition? It didn't help that the parent failed to report the child missing, and what her motivation might have been for that failure to report it to even her parents. That points back to a coverup and if you didn't do a crime you don't need to cover up.

DING DING DING - Please present Mysterview with the Prize of the Evening! Here's your Thwartcake Mysterview! :cupcake:

And thank you all for confirming by your comments...The Defense Team has no defense.

I frequently watch 48 hours, someone earlier posted that they had never seen as many commercials in one of these programs, I TOTALLY agree. I believe this may have been edited down due to the happenings in Friday in court, since this was pre-recorded. I think they were going to try to go more into the "psychological" defense, but they were THWARTED from that! I am not one bit afraid of that Mock Jury, it was so obviously contrived.......this will not make a bit of difference to the REAL jury who hears the REAL evidence, IMO

What a waste, a HUGE waste! :banghead:

There's an hour of my life that I can't get back! :banghead:

Could 48 Hours have been more pro defense than they were already? :vomit:

Seriously, am I the only one that thinks this "mock jury" aka "mockury" was completely STAGED beforehand? When Gabriel was asking if they would "acquit" ICA, the one girl was already out of her seat before he finished asking the question! :furious:

I did learn that GA followed KC and Caylee to the driveway blowing them kisses???? Really? Did I miss that somewhere? I thought GA was watching a "food show" when they left the house that day?

WTH is up with CM saying the duct tape is a "product of an overzealous prosecutor"? :banghead: Really Cheney? Did Cheney even say the word "imaginary"?

And Baez saying there is a VERY COMPELLING reason ICA didn't report Caylee missing for 31 days??? I cannot wait to hear that reason!

So basically what I learned from this hour of pure BS is the defense is trying their best to taint a jury pool.

Now Jose is asking HHBP to remove cameras from the court room while he is appearing on 48 hours? INDEED, THE IRONY IS RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope not. It kind of just gave me doubt is all. I thought for sure that all the evidence we have heard about is a done deal. Then to see these 12 people voting to acquit makes me sick.

Then the wheels start rolling; what IF a jury does find her not guilty? Ugh, I just want to go hug my 2 year old.

Go hug your 2 year old, Bia. Then, have faith that if ica ever gets out, she is going to have to hide hide hide.

Has me wondering why the mention of GA was even brought up? Like if it was even remotely true ICA would have screamed it from the rooftops from day 1!
That was really sooooo wrong. And I'm not a big fan of George...but that really was messed up.

I hate that "Best Friend" carp. Right there that is so dysfunctional. I love my DD and like her but she needs to have her OWN friends and vice versa.

I totally agree !

I had not seen Cindy say this "Best Friend" B..S... before ... or was this a new clip ?

Really, Cindy ... I would NOT be stating on national TV that my "incarcerated daughter" is my "best friend" !

But then agian ... I guess you could say this "mother" and "daughter" deserve each other ...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back