2011.04.16 48 Hours: Only Casey Knows

Also at this link is a video of all of the "expert" witnesses as interviewed for the show. I wish Henry Lee would be testifying, he double talks and the jury would see right through him. I wonder why they didn't interview the prosecution witnesses...unless they wanted a clearly slanted show???

The state experts have no intention of tainting the jury pool and would not participate in such nonsense IMO.

one more thing, i was a little offended when baden said that there's no mother of the year that exists. i know a few and i know there is plenty out there.

Like my mom who is seriously a saint sent from heaven to me and is really the very best person I know.

There was a jailhouse video on the progam that I don't remember seeing. George is talking to casey and saying things like "I don't know, were we too overbearing?" and Casey is saying "no no no". Does anyone else remember seeing that visitation video?

Yup. I remember it as a clear sign that GA was saying, "You wouldn't have killed Caylee if I had been a better dad. I'm sorry." And casey replying with the scant compassion she has in her heart that, "No Dad, it's not your fault that I killed Caylee. Please don't blame yourself." To me, it was tantamount to an admission from both of them. Of course, casey's compassion drifted away like sand in the wind. Now her team is trying to plant speculation that not only is it GA's fault, but that he was the one who killed the baby.

Interesting theory.

It took me a millisecond before I started laughing at that for the reasons you pointed out.

Can they use that in court? It's public but she was on the defense team. :waitasec:

Snipped. Not to mention that yes, there was no DNA from Caylee or casey but neither was there any from Jesse Grund, Roy Kronk, GA, Zanny the Nanny or anyone else. They are [unusual people]. It's simple logic.

Yes, it's on You Tube, he is visiting her alone and he starts the conversation with 'Hello beautiful".... he is walking on eggshells the entire visit, afraid he'll say the wrong thing so he panders to her the whole time, which of course gets him a big fat zero.

Was this part of the "what finger are you, lesson" that ga gave kc?
crossing_fingers.gif

Or as kc saw it.............................. (bad humor alert)
whatkcsawofgahandlesson.gif

I thought Pam Bondi was so good on the show:great: I felt like she talked for all of us and really told it like it was.
The show was OK but alot of it IMO was re runs. But, it does sound like they might throw GA under the bus atthe trial, the poor man. I don''t think
he had a thing to do with it.
As far as CA, I wish she would quit saying that she only reason she said the car smelled like it had a dead body in it bla bla bla was......I think she said truly what she was thinking at the time, you can hear the panic in her voice. It would seem more convincing if she did say yes: it did smell that bad and I was terrified. :twocents:

I would think that the DT would have to have compelling evidence for a Jury to even consider there was an accident... i haven't seen any other then talking about what else 'could' have happend...

Her problem is that even if there WAS an accident, she is on video @ Blockbusters, giggling, cuddling, renting Date Night films, with not a care in the world,only hours later.
Even if there was an accident, she will have to admit to wrapping duct tape around the face of her poor dead child, and putting her in garbage bags and tossing her in a littered swamp.

I can see why she clung so hard to that nanny scenario.

I've been thinking about this show since watching it last night when a thought occurred to me: no way GA helped ICA with disposal of Caylee Marie's body, as has been suggested as a possible way GA "would do anything to help his daughter" somewhere in this thread.

If GA or CA had helped ICA dispose of Caylee's remains then the duct tape and matching laundry bag would have been disposed of immediately. Now, he may try to say he did, but, being an ex LE he certainly would have known what evidence to rid themselves of.

I'm completely convinced, neither of her parents had any idea what KC had actually done. If she had told them, I also believe the tape and laundry bag would have been tossed. But, I always believe deep in my heart they knew Caylee was no longer with us.

I watched "Only Casey Knows". I loved the title; makes her sound guilty to me! No matter that this was slanted journalism, the information they summarized stated the important facts - ICA didn't call 911, CA did; 31 days went by without reporting Caylee gone; the clubbing photos were shown; the tattoo was shown; the swamp near the A's house was shown; JB & CM came across as defense attorneys without a defense; even the CA soundbites pointed to ICA's guilt-"every time I called her she wouldn't let me speak to Caylee" omg!! Sounded to me like CA wants her daughter to spend eternity in jail.
Yes it does! Kinda like OJ's book title, "If I Did It"...

I thought Pam Bondi was so good on the show:great: I felt like she talked for all of us and really told it like it was.
The show was OK but alot of it IMO was re runs. But, it does sound like they might throw GA under the bus atthe trial, the poor man. I don''t think
he had a thing to do with it.
As far as CA, I wish she would quit saying that she only reason she said the car smelled like it had a dead body in it bla bla bla was......I think she said truly what she was thinking at the time, you can hear the panic in her voice. It would seem more convincing if she did say yes: it did smell that bad and I was terrified. :twocents:

The thing about Cindys Statement about the smell of a dead body I believe is on the mark. Cindy would know what a dead body smells like because she is a nurse and I highly doubt in all her years of nursing she never provided care to a deceased person.
Another fact is George Anthony with being in Law enforcement also had the opportunity to be exposed to crimes where decomposition of a body or bodies had to be recovered for the criminal investigation. I hope I get my point across. Its late for me I am tired and its been a long day of reading and catching up on many many posts here about the Caylee Anthony case.

I pity the viewers who have not followed Caylee Marie's case and feel sorry for the A's. CA and GA have "perfected" their memories, prettied them up and made them sound like the loving family they weren't. ICA called the shots after Caylee was born, but she can't cover-up her party girl antics. "A picture is worth a thousand words". I wonder who was allowed to select the specific content for this film. I hope that HHJP will slam-dunk JB the next time he whinnies about a fair trial and media exposure.
About the 48 Hours money trail...has it been camouflaged?

That's true, but I think his real mission was to try and find out what happened to Caylee.

ITA.........she knows how to get her parents back into the "pattern". She's done it all her life.

The thing about Cindys Statement about the smell of a dead body I believe is on the mark. Cindy would know what a dead body smells like because she is a nurse and I highly doubt in all her years of nursing she never provided care to a deceased person.
Another fact is George Anthony with being in Law enforcement also had the opportunity to be exposed to crimes where decomposition of a body or bodies had to be recovered for the criminal investigation. I hope I get my point across. Its late for me I am tired and its been a long day of reading and catching up on many many posts here about the Caylee Anthony case.
I completely agree with you, especially about Cindy. I worked for many years in the health field, and did home health. Cindy misspoke when she described herself as a "nurse of decomp". There is no such thing. I think her syntax was out of order, but I get what she meant. Having worked for so many years as a nurse, Cindy had at some point experienced coming across a patient who had died- perhaps doing home health, if not in a hospital, or nursing home. My guess would be at a patient's home, who hadn't been checked upon in days, because someone would find a dead patient much quicker in a hospital or nursing home and the decomp wouldn't have gone on as long undetected...

Fluffy, that is precisely what I was thinking. The 48 HRS show was not as bad as I thought it would be, because they had Bondi (Attorney General) on to rebutt the defense...and ALSO (you are so right) THAT is the best they could end on? That she did it "accidentally"? They couldn't have said that nearly three years ago????

Here's what sticks in my mind...(I wrote about this once before) someone (on a different discussion forum) who is purported to be CA wrote her usual forum drivel about how beautiful KC is (as if that means a row of beans regarding whether or not she caused Caylee's death) and blah blah some other things and she ended her little lecture with (verbatim): "Give Casey the deal she wants". UH HUH. There it was in B&W. Clearly, Casey and her attorneys have been asking (recently) for a deal where she admits that it was an "accident" and she just gets oh...I don't know 5 years for it! THAT is what is at the heart of this 48 HRS show....they end the show with a graphic that says the jury could find her guilty of the lesser charge (and implication....they should). What Baez and Co aren't seeing is that this is too little too late! If they had been normal people and done that in the beginning the state of Fl wouldn't be so keen on taking this to the matt now. (IMO!)

Ah, but they had ICA believing she would be out soon. Why take a deal?

Now, it's 2.5 years later and she is starting to 'get' the idea that she might stay in there FOREVER! ICA might be willing to take a deal at this point.

Also, she has spent her time as a special person, not in General Pop. The whole time she has been locked up, it counts towards her sentence. If she has completed her time when sentenced, then she would NEVER spend 'real' time in general pop. If there was hope that she might be able to rack up enough 'time' ahead of time, it would be in her best interest. If she gets LIFE or DEATH, then it would all be mute. Life, she would end up in regular population at some point.

What ever, at this point, she might be realizing that she isn't special, that her Lawyers can not protect her or give her special rights, etc. That she might loose this case..

I hope that Cindy didn't provide care to a deceased person (probably not what you meant to say).

The vast majority of nurses would NOT know what a dead body smells like (a person who has been dead for at least several days in the heat, like Caylee). When people die in a hospital, they don't let them lie around for days. If they happened to do dissection of a body, those bodies have been embalmed and preserved so the stench isn't there either. The closest some nurses have come is with necrotizing fasciitis or gas gangrene, but again that's not a several day old dead decomposing body. Cindy was a visting nurse, I think, so there is a very slight chance that she might have a client who had been deceased for seveal days, but, again, a very slight chance.

Cindy knew the trunk and clothes smelled really bad and picked up what George felt -- that there had been a dead body in the car.

I hope that Cindy didn't provide care to a deceased person (probably not what you meant to say).

The vast majority of nurses would NOT know what a dead body smells like (a person who has been dead for at least several days in the heat, like Caylee). When people die in a hospital, they don't let them lie around for days. If they happened to do dissection of a body, those bodies have been embalmed and preserved so the stench isn't there either. The closest some nurses have come is with necrotizing fasciitis or gas gangrene, but again that's not a several day old dead decomposing body. Cindy was a visting nurse, I think, so there is a very slight chance that she might have a client who had been deceased for seveal days, but, again, a very slight chance.

Cindy knew the trunk and clothes smelled really bad and picked up what George felt -- that there had been a dead body in the car.

I completely agree with you, especially about Cindy. I worked for many years in the health field, and did home health. Cindy misspoke when she described herself as a "nurse of decomp". There is no such thing. I think her syntax was out of order, but I get what she meant. Having worked for so many years as a nurse, Cindy had at some point experienced coming across a patient who had died- perhaps doing home health, if not in a hospital, or nursing home. My guess would be at a patient's home, who hadn't been checked upon in days, because someone would find a dead patient much quicker in a hospital or nursing home and the decomp wouldn't have gone on as long undetected...
Quoting myself in response to your post, because I think it answers it...
I did home health for many, many years. There are patients who live alone, and elderly ones too, and if not for home health workers coming in to check on them, other people wouldn't. I don't find this scenario out of the question. As a Nurse Case Manager, Cindy still had a hands-on nursing role and would have gone out to patients homes to do nursing visits, care, and assessment...

Quoting myself in response to your post, because I think it answers it...
I did home health for many, many years. There are patients who live alone, and elderly ones too, and if not for home health workers coming in to check on them, other people wouldn't. I don't find this scenario out of the question. As a Nurse Case Manager, Cindy still had a hands-on nursing role and would have gone out to patients homes to do nursing visits, care, and assessment...

I don't find it out of the question, just highly unlikely. I would think Cindy, after some thought, would not just say it was garbage but "I've have smelled a decomposing body and the smell in the trunk wasn't that bad."

Since you were in the field, how many decomposing bodies did you come across?

Well, I didn't watch it last night, but it is up on the CBS website. Off to torture myself.

On some other thread, I posted recently, that the prosecution should make a video tape showing all the different statements that CA and GA have made and run it all one statement after another on the video. Would certainly prove that they change their stories all the time.

I think that would impeach anything they said on the stand and anything past their initial police interviews. JMO

IIRC, GA told police in his initial interview that you never forget the smell of a dead body or something to that effect.

Ah, but they had ICA believing she would be out soon. Why take a deal?

Now, it's 2.5 years later and she is starting to 'get' the idea that she might stay in there FOREVER! ICA might be willing to take a deal at this point.

Also, she has spent her time as a special person, not in General Pop. The whole time she has been locked up, it counts towards her sentence. If she has completed her time when sentenced, then she would NEVER spend 'real' time in general pop. If there was hope that she might be able to rack up enough 'time' ahead of time, it would be in her best interest. If she gets LIFE or DEATH, then it would all be mute. Life, she would end up in regular population at some point.

What ever, at this point, she might be realizing that she isn't special, that her Lawyers can not protect her or give her special rights, etc. That she might loose this case..

The prosecution, IMO, has no reason to offer her a deal. They've got a slam dunk case. JB really screwed up by not taking a plea deal before the body was found.

This is just my theory. I think when LP bailed out KC and after they angrily kicked him out of the house CA got KC to tell her exactly what she did. I think JB and CA knew where the body was and counted on getting to it before the police did, so it could be moved. The tropical storm thwarted his plans though. The water moved the body from where KC said she put it and therefore DC couldn't find it before the police. Once the body was found the ship had sailed on any plea deals.

I don't find it out of the question, just highly unlikely. I would think Cindy, after some thought, would not just say it was garbage but "I've have smelled a decomposing body and the smell in the trunk wasn't that bad."

Since you were in the field, how many decomposing bodies did you come across?

I have no doubt that CA and GA smelled "the smell of death" in that car. CA has smelled that smell before. At some point in her nursing career she had to do a wound care that had necrotic tissue present. She knew what she was smelling, that is why she used the description she did. JMO

click to enlarge pics
Of note....

The Producer of this episode is Ira Sutow........one of JB's FB friends from early on in the case.

The footage of someone thumbing through the flyers shows a hand with a ring on the middle finger...
ring.PNG

which reminds me of this photo of KC leaving jail with a ring on the same finger.

I recall CA asking about the Tiffany ring in a jail visit. Is it possible they realized she was wearing the ring in the footage and wanted to get rid of it??

Casey_Anthony_and_Jose_Baez ring.jpg

The footage the is shown while they talk about searches for Caylee and flooding includes this..suburban.PNG
which to me looks like Suburban Drive with flooding. sub2.PNG

Because I compared it to later footage when they discuss where the body was found.
suburbanwoodsreference.PNG

Pam Bondi's statement seems to be edited and I suspect made very early in the case.

The 2 people in the "focus group"...(is that like a Ford Focus?????) gave the 2 key soundbites that the DT has offered.....Tried in the media and already determined guilt.

Target was one of the sponsor ads during the show as I watched. HAHA

They refer to Pam Bondi as FL AG... BUT...was she AG at the time of her interview??

LKB's statement about chloroform was rather interesting...."Frankly, if this judge let's this information or high chloroform in the trunk as indicative of decomposition it's a reversal."

Ummmmmmmmmm are the SA's trying to say it is indicative of decomp??? Nope. then Pam Bondi's comments after talk about the same thing. This tells me the footage was shot a LONG LONG time ago.

I note that they pronounce Baez with emphasis on the "ez" to emphasize the Latino origin of his name.

More in a bit.

I missed 48 Hours when it aired on Saturday, but have now watched it on the 48 Hours website. I haven't had a chance to read this entire thread as it's so long, but wanted to weigh in on how I feel about the program now that I've watched it.

I feel that although it was supposed to be slanted in favor of the defense, it was really a very weak presentation.

I noted that it was not stated exactly how the focus group was chosen.

No one knows exactly what sort of evidence the focus panel was presented with, and according to the commentator, they only had four and a half hours to go through the evidence. All of us here have read the discovery as it's been released over the past two and a half years, and we all know that it would take considerably longer than 4 and 1/2 hours to read and digest all the transcripts of the depositions alone, let alone looking at any forensic analysis and photos that's been released. I doubt the focus group got any real in-depth evidence to examine.

One of the things that was highlighted in the presentation is the media's intense interest in this case. What was not mentioned was that on top of the fact that Casey didn't report her child missing for 31 days, it was the bizarre behavior of her parents that initially captured and held the media's attention.

The expert witnessed who stated he examined the forensic evidence from the car, and said that the car smelled more like garbage than any sort of human matter, can't be reliable as there was no garbage in the car, only cartons, wrappers, and empty containers......no organic material that could produce a smell.

The one thing that ran through the presentation, from the defense and from Pam Bondi who spoke for the state, is the family dynamics. When they asked JB if he intended on presenting the possibility of George being the one who killed Caylee, JB didn't deny that was his intent, only said to watch how things unfold at trial. He also said they would present compelling evidence.

I think the family dynamics are going to be the focus of the defense's argument. They are going to portray Casey as a victim of evil and controlling parents. They may portray Caylee's death as an accident, and that Casey was fearful of her parent's (mother's) wraith.

As far as George is concerned, I've always maintained that if George had anything to do with the disposal of Caylee's remains, he, as an ex-police officer, would have buried Caylee far far away from the Anthony home, and more than likely, far from Orlando. He never would have even considered disposing of Caylee's remains around the corner from their home and simply tossed into the woods in bags. Casey and Casey alone, is responsible for Caylee's death.

Pam Bondi was fantastic speaking for the state. Her comments tempered the overall bias in favor of the defense in the presentation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back