MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me tooo neighbor!

Im actually around the Glen Burnie area. I have visited the area that she went missing quite a few times. I am a RN and the Maryland Board of Nursing is right there in the Home Depot shopping center (around the corner from the apartments she went missing). Along with Vital Records, etc inside the mall. I wouldnt say its the best area in town!

Im actually around the Glen Burnie area. I have visited the area that she went missing quite a few times. I am a RN and the Maryland Board of Nursing is right there in the Home Depot shopping center (around the corner from the apartments she went missing). Along with Vital Records, etc inside the mall. I wouldnt say its the best area in town!

I am in White Marsh :) I would say that it is a terrible area of town, but likely not to those who live there. Baltimore is just a mess.

Per the Pray FB page: Fox news said the CME will have the results in by 2:30 this afternoon.

either way - these are someone's family members and while they will have some kind of closure now, it still breaks my heart.
If it is her - I hope they are able to gleam some new information and bring the killers to justice. She deserves that.

Something that is bothering me. (because of course being a WS'r I want details! ) Why has it not been reported whether clothing was found on the UID matching those Phylicia was known to be wearing when she went missing? We ALWAYS see clothing on the body matches those.... or no clothing was found on the body.

There are plenty of UID's found in water with remnants of clothing.... Why is that not being released in this case? It would be a much better indicator as to whether or not a tentative id has been made.

:banghead:

Has this been posted? ETA: sorry if I missed it but I'm very sick today and haven't read previous posts... All I can do to just check in then going back to sleep...:(

PORT DEPOSIT, Md. - Sources close to the investigation tell ABC2 News say a woman's body found at the Conowingo Dam is believed to be Phylicia Barnes.* RIght now, the Medical Examiner's is comparing dental records for confirmation.* **

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/region/cecil_county/two-bodies-found-at-conowingo-dam

I think it is pretty clear they have reason to believe this is Phylicia; I've never seen LE state that they were working under the assumption unless fairly certain...

I think it is pretty clear they have reason to believe this is Phylicia; I've never seen LE state that they were working under the assumption unless fairly certain...

True. However the reporting on this case has been so all over the place it is difficult to believe their is much credibility in MSM reports when we've found more inaccuracies than accuracies on the reporting in this case.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/04/21/officials-try-to-determine-if-body-found-in-river-is-phylicia-barnes/

The case has grown cold and no clues turned up after another massive search earlier this month. Barnes’ family has been praying for her safe return.

“I feel in my heart and my mind that’s she strong,and she knows we’re looking for her,” said Russell Barnes, Phylicia Barnes’ dad.

“We have no doubt in our minds that something terrible has happened to Phylicia, and there’s someone out there that knows,” said Anthony Guglielmi, Baltimore City Police spokesperson.

~~~

BBM: That's the first strong statement from LE that I've heard thus far.

Chief Medical Examiner David Fowler says that Phylicia Barnes is the only missing person in the area who matches the age and gender of the body that was found. He says her dental records are the only set police have submitted for comparison.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/sns-ap-md--dam-bodiesfound,0,7468924.story

Thanks. Then it is likely........ I believe they can get a good idea of dental age visually which could rule out the possibilty of a much older person.

I didn't post this last evening because I was waiting for more info to be released through the media. But early on we discussed some odd social networking posts by the circle of persons associated with MJ. Those posts on or about December 28th included talking about fishing. I don't recall exactly what they said and I did not read them. GJ' would know more about them and hopefully when she is back on she can add more details as to exactly what those posts entailed.

We did think it very odd 'city boys' would be discussing 'fishing' in late December... and we wondered if they were meaning ice fishing or something else such as fishing for girls? (trying to pick up girls). Maybe this was their odd way of talking about the events of the crime and they couldn't keep their lips from flapping about it (or fingers typing about it). I always said this group was NOT gonna stay quiet and too many people knew......

92Q apparently said it was her on-air. Just waiting for confirmation from MSM.

92Q apparently said it was her on-air. Just waiting for confirmation from MSM.

I'm kind of hesitant about early news reports. My thoughts are if it is NOT her MSM would report earlier. family has to be notified before the public. She has many family members in two seperate area's of the country..... I can't believe and I would HOPE MSM would NOT release confirmation to the public before the family could be properly notified. It would be really (word I can't say) if family had to learn via the media.

Unless family learnt of a very likely ID last evening and were not ready to accept so until official confirmation was made.

Wondering, did LE mention how the bodies were discovered? Was someone walking, jogging or whatever the case may be? Busy at work and trying to catch up. Wondering if the person who got in trouble in PG county spoke up or did any of the crew leave a tip. Just wondering how LE discovered where these body's were located.

IF this is confirmed to be Phylicia we will all be devistated, however it is still much better to have found her allowing a proper burial and for the investigation to now move to the next step. Identifiying her killer and for those persons to be brought to justice.

Phylicia's family, friends and all who love her are in my prayers this afternoon. As strange as it might sound I believe things happen for a reason and I had this odd feeling once the 19 yr old teen was found, if Phylicia was no longer with us, the 19 yr old said now you're turn to be found... and they are together. Two teens who lost their lives visiting family...... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann