NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/trucks_nycarea_parkways_oct09.pdf

Because of its southern location, Ocean Parkway is one of the few parkways in the entire state whose entire length allows truck traffic, albeit for local deliveries only. This is because an exemption to the "No Trucks" regulation was made for any length of parkway that lies south of either Merrick Road or Montauk Highway (Nassau County Route*27A and New York State Route*27A). There are no other truck routes south of this route, making the parkways the default route for deliveries to the beaches.

I am considering that IF the cases are connected that a life event (marriage, arrest, birth of child) took place in the SK's life that cause him to adjust to an easier, quicker method of disposal.

This is something that struck me after reading that whole Gary Ridgeway site that I linked up thread. He changed things as time went by.

At this point in time, we have no evidence of any victims during 2008. If there are no victims confirmed missing in 2008 in the second set of remains, then there may be a reason that he was inactive during that time.

Hope this makes sense.

MOO

wm

Makes perfect sense, WM. I don't know that I agree with it (seriously, I think I do have tunnel vision!), but if it turns out that the dismembered bodies are connected in anyway with our 4 identified victims, then I think you are probably spot on with this theory.

If the sk is older, as I beleive he is amd the lack of activity in 2008 was caused by a life changing event...that event could be medical as in surgery or heart attack.

If the sk is older, as I beleive he is amd the lack of activity in 2008 was caused by a life changing event...that event could be medical as in surgery or heart attack.

Or, his "loop" might have been different for that year, and he dumped bodies elsewhere. Let's say he's married. Perhaps there was a period when he and the wife separated, and he moved to a different residence for awhile. Or, let's say he's a single man who owns more than one property. Perhaps he moves into the other property because there was a job change and he wanted to be closer to work.

Or, like you said, maybe he's an older man and had health problems that year.

Or, maybe he screwed up somewhere with MBB and was afraid he was going to get caught so he laid low. Maybe he was even questioned about her disappearance.

Any number of possiblilities.

I've been away on another thread doing intensive work and I come back on here and LE is saying that there was a white commercial vehicle seen parked alongside the road many times. Is that right???

Please, please give me more details on this, because I did some sleuthing a month ago and figured something out. No, I'm not local. And no, I didn't see this commercial truck. I just have an idea.

I've been away on another thread doing intensive work and I come back on here and LE is saying that there was a white commercial vehicle seen parked alongside the road many times. Is that right???

Please, please give me more details on this, because I did some sleuthing a month ago and figured something out. No, I'm not local. And no, I didn't see this commercial truck. I just have an idea.

Not that I've heard. The only mention of the white truck that I've seen have been posted here.

I still have an idea, but I couldn't share it several weeks ago, and I can't share it because I don't want to make unsubstantiated accusations, or go against the posting rules.

Makes perfect sense, WM. I don't know that I agree with it (seriously, I think I do have tunnel vision!), but if it turns out that the dismembered bodies are connected in anyway with our 4 identified victims, then I think you are probably spot on with this theory.

Don't worry Kat! I have tunnel vision too, lol! Sometimes we all get stuck on our gut instinct. That's what I love about WS, we can all share our theories and opinions openly and respectfully and build on our collective thoughts and ideas.

I draw from what I learn from following other serial killer cases here on WS. The east coast serial rapist went thru a period of dormancy and there was speculation of a 'life event'. He went to a store where one of his victims worked and was followed by security for allegedly shoplifting baby clothes. The victim, who was working at the time, recognized his voice. Isn't that creepy! It was years later that he was caught. There is a thread on him here at WS.

Anyway, once he was apprehended, we learned that he did have a young child with his current gf. (hope I am recalling all this correctly:crazy:)

I love your mapping skills and appreciate all the work you, carbuff and others have put into this effort. It absolutley shows a pattern of the SK's movements and potential movements. (based on the missing people in the area) Would it tell us anything about the killer if a map showed each identified victims last seen/movements, cell phone pings, calls etc. based on the year of last seen? or no?

(OT I hope you all had a nice holiday weekend.)

MOO

wm

I still have an idea, but I couldn't share it several weeks ago, and I can't share it because I don't want to make unsubstantiated accusations, or go against the posting rules.

Hi concentric! I think you can post your THEORY as long as you post it as such and don't use any names. I am interested in reading it!

wm

I came across this theory regarding the LI serial killer at the Phylicia Barnes page at Help Find My Child . Comment is titled "phylicia's murderer: had the mindset of a serial killer" (which I doubt was the case). But the comment itself is mainly about the LI serial killer, not Phylicia, which is why I thought it was interesting. Maybe it's just a goofball or off-the-wall person posting a weird theory--almost sounds like a psychic--or maybe it's someone who knows something.
http://www.helpfindmychild.net/phylicia-barnes#comment-10293

I just happened to return to this case, after working on another, and found people talking about a possible "white commercial truck" along the beach area. I wondered where speculation about that began. Just trying to piece some stuff together that I had researched a few weeks ago. It's really common sense.

I came across this theory regarding the LI serial killer at the Phylicia Barnes page at Help Find My Child . Comment is titled "phylicia's murderer: had the mindset of a serial killer" (which I doubt was the case). But the comment itself is mainly about the LI serial killer, not Phylicia, which is why I thought it was interesting. Maybe it's just a goofball or off-the-wall person posting a weird theory--almost sounds like a psychic--or maybe it's someone who knows something.
http://www.helpfindmychild.net/phylicia-barnes#comment-10293

The part that stood out to me is the person thinks he is angry with prostitutes because of something that happened a year ago. But the first known victim was killed 4 years ago.

So why again, are some of you talking about a white commercial truck along that beach road? Like I said, I haven't been here in a looong time, that is, for about a week. Everything keeps shifting constantly and I can't keep up.

I just happened to return to this case, after working on another, and found people talking about a possible "white commercial truck" along the beach area. I wondered where speculation about that began. Just trying to piece some stuff together that I had researched a few weeks ago. It's really common sense.

concentric, A white truck is on the google map and another map site. A link is posted upthread but it would probably be simpler to go the the Media Links thread to find it. It will be clearly titled, thanks to our fellow sleuths. I think on pg 2. Apologies I am not more helpful. I still have holiday guests, lol!

wm

I think it's the same sk from Manorville to AC to Gilgo. MO's do change. He first began with dismemberment. That takes a lot of work and cleaning and he is getting up there in age--or--perhaps his living arrangement has changed and he can no longer dismember like he would like to. He's also getting better with what he does. Whatever you practice--you get good at. His fantasies are evolving and he is doing different things.

But do the fantasies of killers ever evolve from extremely gruesome (dismemberment) to less gruesome (strangulation, no dismemberment)? I would think he would require more stimulation as time went on, not less.

Does anyone know if there is a Nassua or Suffolk County web site that lists property ownership by name. I can due that in my county by going to the county gov site under the tax division. I have seen some townships on LI that you can do it my address, but not a name. Anyone know?

The part that stood out to me is the person thinks he is angry with prostitutes because of something that happened a year ago. But the first known victim was killed 4 years ago.

thanks, good point.

But do the fantasies of killers ever evolve from extremely gruesome (dismemberment) to less gruesome (strangulation, no dismemberment)? I would think he would require more stimulation as time went on, not less.

I can not think of any, although I am no expert, and all the profiles I have read support your idea that they need more stimulation as times goes on. But the one argument against dismemberment, IMO, is that it's raises the ante of getting caught and convicted becuase of the possible evidence left behind. If the sk has been at this for a long time, perhaps the fear of how DNA has evolved caused him to simplify, so to speak. Maybe his stimulation is now taking the avenue of calling and communicating with family members/ friends.

Hi everyone. I am trying to find something that I vaguely remember. One of the mothers, perhaps SG or ALC saying something like her daughter was trying to get out of this lifestyle and was killed because of that or killed in the process?

I have read so much, maybe this is totally wrong. Does anyone else remember some statement like this and could you possibly point where I could find it?

So why again, are some of you talking about a white commercial truck along that beach road? Like I said, I haven't been here in a looong time, that is, for about a week. Everything keeps shifting constantly and I can't keep up.

Concentric, I think it's still a continuation of that original discussion last month, after you or somebody found that when you zoomed in in Bing, you could see a large white truck parked beside the parkway. This morning we were wondering whether a commercial vehicle like an exterminator or carpenter would be allowed on the parkway at all, which would have meant it could only be a state or municipal vehicle of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule