NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The info about PH has me confused. I have gone over the New York Medical Board site several times and it says he has never had any disciplinary action and has had no malpractice suits. It says his certification for emergency medicine ended in 1996 but does not say why. It says he is still certified for family practice medicine. He did not list an office location. Says he had hospital privileges at Plainview Hospital (updated 3-10-10). It says to call his office to see if he is taking new patients.

I looked him up at Plainview Hospital and and he is not listed in their directory.

I have some personal experience with a relative who was an "impaired" physician. He went through a treatment center and his license was suspended for six months and that was a part of his public records since then. So this surprises me that there is no information available.

I've been thinking all day about Mrs H <mod snip>...she seems to have a vicious streak.

respect snipped.
Why do you say she has a vicious streak?

There were two things that she said and the manner or tone in which she said them that stood out as condescending or mean spirited. I am paraphrasing here: She said something to the effect of "no, we (scoffing, head shaking & bobbing and lip curling) don't do anything with (or maybe it was) in reference to rehab here!"

Then she said snidely, something to the effect of "I know you can look up his background it's all out there-public record." It was the dismissive nature in the way she spoke to the reporter and the way she spoke for Dr Hyde that made me think that she is over bearing and generally dismissive of others.

I kept thinking that she seemed the type to be in charge and even to emasculate her partner. IDK, I just got a really crappy vibe from her. The one comment that she made that seemed ridiculous, given the severity of the possible accusations against her husband, was (paraphrased) "the only thing he's guilty of is being late for dinner." That just seemed insincere and condescending as well as a means to devalue the real issue that four women were murdered and one disappeared after possibly being seen by her husband.

I also sensed some disgust around the mention that SG might have been in contact with her husband. So, that was my overall gut reaction to her brief video interview. JMO, really. She seemed mean and dismissive to me.

ETA: Her responses, in general, seemed inappropriate and highly insensitive.

PH seems to have a checkered background to say the least. Is there anything on public record or that has been said that is derogatory about JB? Has anyone thought of the rather remote possibility that there are two involved? Has anyone thought that PH and JB might have worked together? Can I even ask this question on this forum? I normally don't jump the gun and go off on tangents. But, from the start I have gone from jb to ph to jb and back again.

Each seems to have either things in their backgrounds, facts that make them look good for the crimes, acted in a way that makes me wonder or all of the above. Heck, what are the chances? I know that only a known handful exist or have existed who work in pairs, so this is a very this idea. But, I just keep going back and forth thinking it could be one or the other. I know it could easily be someone we haven't heard of yet as well.

Oh, re: Mrs Hyde. I really didn't like the tone she used when she referred to SG's family coming to inquire if they had seen SG. She said, and again i paraphrase, something like "Ugh, they knocked on everyone's door." There was absolutely no empathy for this family whose sister/daughter was missing and has since become a part of a serial killing spree with bodies turning up right near her home. No warmth or concern from her is what I got from her brief interview. It will be interesting to see if she plays any or even a bigger role in the outcome of these cases.

I also wonder. Have we heard of any women who escaped besides possibly poor sg who may have initially gotten away only to be caught again (if this is what actually happened)? Surely this depraved sk doesn't have a 100% success rate. Surely someone turned him down before she was in actual danger who might recall something about the contact she might have had. I would think that at least one might have escaped.

Or maybe he used to hook up with prostitutes and ask them to do some strange things before he graduated to become an sk. I guess most women in the industry would not want to tell le about any close calls or odd events that might be related. I wish there was a way to encourage any possible survivors or women who might have met or had contact with the killer to talk with le.

Truthfully though I think people could find coincidences with a lot of people if they were looking for them.

If I try hard enough I could link my husband to the case..... His brother knows JB. He used to drive a tow truck for the company that handles the parkways. That company is right down the block from JB. He now works for a utility company and drives a white truck. So no one would notice him pulled over on the side of the road on OP. We have a 4wd permit....

I'm not saying there is no connection but I think it's easy to find connections when you look hard enough. JMHO of course

Big difference here dc. As far as we know ;) your hubby wasn't one of the last peeps to see a missing girl looking "sick and distressed" (iirc) .. and nobody claiming to be your husband phoned the missing girl's mother the next day with what seems to be misinformation about the missing girl's whereabouts.

It is information that has been dug up on the individual SUBSEQUENT to that person's stated initial involvement that seems to keep tying in. IF the phone call to SG's mom was from an individual other than the Dr, then we would have to conclude that individual knew or saw the Dr observing SG ... pretty tough stretch of the imagination, IMO

I have some personal experience with a relative who was an "impaired" physician. He went through a treatment center and his license was suspended for six months and that was a part of his public records since then. So this surprises me that there is no information available.
<rsbm>

Might depend on the specifics of the event, Redbird. I don't know how it works in NY, but in Ontario, if a physician is brought before the College of Physicians & Surgeons, and ruled against by a panel of his peers, and depending on the unique circumstances involved, the physician can be (for example):

referred to a Disciplinary Committee (in which case the info becomes a matter of public record) OR

referred to a Quality Assurance Committee (which results in no public record whatsoever)

My personal experience is related to the death of my son. A 13 page decision letter found an ER doctor responsible for my son's death. The physician was referred to QA with requirements for upgrading and 1 year supervision by another medical practitioner ... there is no public record that this doctor was responsible, and the decision letter cannot be brought into a court of law.

ETA: He would not be listed as a doctor on staff at Plainview ... he simply has the privilege to work out of the hospital, without being on the hospital payroll.

Yeah, and most of the coincidences involve JB and/or PH... just sayin...

ETA: I would love to find out if these two guys knew each other...

Could be. After she ran from Gus' house she knocked on the door of a lady who said she would call 911 {acc to Shannan's sister}. A local poster here said that lady lives across the street from JB.

There is not a house exactly across the street from JB as it is a vacant lot with a path going down to the water. But I believe there is a house on either side of that lot.

Wasn't it said that PH was the last to see her? We just assumed it was by Gus' house.

Could be. After she ran from Gus' house she knocked on the door of a lady who said she would call 911 {acc to Shannan's sister}. A local poster here said that lady lives across the street from JB.

There is not a house exactly across the street from JB as it is a vacant lot with a path going down to the water. But I believe there is a house on either side of that lot.

Wasn't it said that PH was the last to see her? We just assumed it was by Gus' house.

Here's a link for the above post:

ETA:

http://longislandserialkiller.com/2011/04/so-far-no-connection-with-atlantic-city-murders/

Snippet
" . . . . Dr. Charles Hackett, the former head of the Suffolk County Emergency Medical Services and a former police surgeon, was one of the last people believed to have seen Gilbert alive, WABC reported".

Here's a video recap of Shannan's disappearance, to include an interview with the neighbors, GC & SK ( link )

Why would Hackett implicate himself if he really was the SK? Doesn't make sense. What /does/ make sense is the SK calling the victim's families posing as someone else. But why Hackett?

GM everyone!

The FindShannanGilbert.com website has interesting things on there:

One question that was brought up was, "Why is the gated community&#8217;s security videotape missing from that night of Shannan&#8217;s disappearance?"
Is that true?? I've been waiting to hear results on what they saw on those tapes. This is the first time I'm hearing that the tape from that night is missing! This case is full of coincidences, but if it's true- that the tapes from that specific night are missing, that doesn't seem like just a coincidence.

Now the driver, Mr. Pak - 41 years old
The site asks, "Why did he leave the area and move to Georgia?"I thought JB's friend (drifter) was the one to move to Georgia? The driver moved to Georgia?

ALSO!

Shannan&#8217;s Phone Records:

DATE TIME PHONE # DESTINATION MINUTES USED OWNER

05/01/10 4:51 AM 911-000-0000 Emergency, 23
05/01/10 4:09 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:15 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:13 AM Incoming, 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:04 AM NEW YORK,NY 6 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:00 AM Incoming, 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:57 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:55 AM BABYLON,NY 1 Oak Beach CVS
(460 MONTAUK HIGHWAY WEST ISLIP, NY11795)
05/01/10 12:25 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:23 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:20 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
04/30/10 10:02 PM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak

Also, in the middle of the phone records, it seems like they called or stopped at the CVS? In the beginning there was speculation of Shannan meeting Brewer somewhere else and then he drove her the rest of the way, Maybe this is where Brewer had picked Shannan up?

Why would Hackett implicate himself if he really was the SK? Doesn't make sense. What /does/ make sense is the SK calling the victim's families posing as someone else. But why Hackett?

That's the part that makes me think it's not him. If he hadn't killed before it would make more sense to me. Maybe he called her family and then something happened he flipped out and killed her....But at that point the SK had already killed at least 2 women. Why would he call and give his name?

I'm curious what the caller actually said. Did he use the doctor's name or did he just say he was a doctor and when the family came to the area they found out he was a doctor and linked it together.

Big difference here dc. As far as we know ;) your hubby wasn't one of the last peeps to see a missing girl looking "sick and distressed" (iirc) .. and nobody claiming to be your husband phoned the missing girl's mother the next day with what seems to be misinformation about the missing girl's whereabouts.

It is information that has been dug up on the individual SUBSEQUENT to that person's stated initial involvement that seems to keep tying in. IF the phone call to SG's mom was from an individual other than the Dr, then we would have to conclude that individual knew or saw the Dr observing SG ... pretty tough stretch of the imagination, IMO

But my point is people are looking for connections because he supposedly saw her. Most of those coincidences aren't that big of a deal. He used to work in Hauppauge his father used to work in Hempstead. Coincidences like that could probably be found for almost everyone that lives on LI. If there were things like he treated some of the victims or things like that than I would think WOW. But I just see most of the connections as a big deal.

GM everyone!

The FindShannanGilbert.com website has interesting things on there:

One question that was brought up was, "Why is the gated community’s security videotape missing from that night of Shannan’s disappearance?"
Is that true?? I've been waiting to hear results on what they saw on those tapes. This is the first time I'm hearing that the tape from that night is missing! This case is full of coincidences, but if it's true- that the tapes from that specific night are missing, that doesn't seem like just a coincidence.

Now the driver, Mr. Pak - 41 years old
The site asks, "Why did he leave the area and move to Georgia?"I thought JB's friend (drifter) was the one to move to Georgia? The driver moved to Georgia?

ALSO!

Shannan’s Phone Records:

DATE TIME PHONE # DESTINATION MINUTES USED OWNER

05/01/10 4:51 AM 911-000-0000 Emergency, 23
05/01/10 4:09 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:15 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:13 AM Incoming, 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:04 AM NEW YORK,NY 6 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:00 AM Incoming, 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:57 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:55 AM BABYLON,NY 1 Oak Beach CVS
(460 MONTAUK HIGHWAY WEST ISLIP, NY11795)
05/01/10 12:25 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:23 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:20 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
04/30/10 10:02 PM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak

Also, in the middle of the phone records, it seems like they called or stopped at the CVS? In the beginning there was speculation of Shannan meeting Brewer somewhere else and then he drove her the rest of the way, Maybe this is where Brewer had picked Shannan up?

Thanks for posting, IG. Do you know who runs that site? Is it an attorney hired by the family? All of the PH bullet points are posed as questions, which I find odd. Is that a legal way to get information out there while CYA? Very intriguing...

People, be careful when you're looking up Mr. Hyde's records and so forth. We shouldn't be sleuthing him anyway, but at least make sure you have the right person! There are at least two other people besides him with the same name and they're both doctors. One of them is even in emergency medicine. I don't know whether they're all related but they aren't all the same Mr. Hyde DO who lives in Oak Beach.

Thanks for posting, IG. Do you know who runs that site? Is it an attorney hired by the family? All of the PH bullet points are posed as questions, which I find odd. Is that a legal way to get information out there while CYA? Very intriguing...

I don't think so, she's from CA. She's a legal commentator and author.

The cynic in me thinks she's planning on writing a book about the case.

Does anyone know what she means by the tape is missing? Did the police lose it?

The info about PH has me confused. I have gone over the New York Medical Board site several times and it says he has never had any disciplinary action and has had no malpractice suits. It says his certification for emergency medicine ended in 1996 but does not say why. It says he is still certified for family practice medicine. He did not list an office location. Says he had hospital privileges at Plainview Hospital (updated 3-10-10). It says to call his office to see if he is taking new patients.

I looked him up at Plainview Hospital and and he is not listed in their directory.

I too was surprised that there were no actions by the state board. But, I have personal knowledge of a dr sanctioned in Calif. by that state board in the mid 90s and becuase he was first licensed in NY, it showed up there too. It is no longer listed in the NY medical data base. So maybe there is a time element where it is expunged after a certain amount of time. Also becuase the courts and state board are separate, there is often a negotiation process( with lawyers) re the state board and often "infractions" "complaints" are dwindled down.

Oh, re: Mrs Hyde. I really didn't like the tone she used when she referred to SG's family coming to inquire if they had seen SG. She said, and again i paraphrase, something like "Ugh, they knocked on everyone's door." There was absolutely no empathy for this family whose sister/daughter was missing and has since become a part of a serial killing spree with bodies turning up right near her home. No warmth or concern from her is what I got from her brief interview. It will be interesting to see if she plays any or even a bigger role in the outcome of these cases.

I dunno. Sympathy is easy on the other side of a computer, but if a couple of people came to my door knocking and accusing my husband of having murdered a missing girl, I wouldn't be very sympathetic either. And I certainly wouldn't be polite to the media followon.

People, be careful when you're looking up Mr. Hyde's records and so forth. We shouldn't be sleuthing him anyway, but at least make sure you have the right person! There are at least two other people besides him with the same name and they're both doctors. One of them is even in emergency medicine. I don't know whether they're all related but they aren't all the same Mr. Hyde DO who lives in Oak Beach.

I appreciate your perspective and value your concern becuase it is a horrible thing to damage someones' reputation. But if we use the standard no sleuthing unless named as a POI or suspect, then at this point we should not sleuth anyone. So far all the info posted are public records or media driven recounts. Also everytime LE or reporters have brought of this name, they have neved used the term"cleared." Only said he's cooperative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz