April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twisting words to make it seem as though alternate theories do not make sense is not the same as alternate theories not being posted.

ETA: from what I have been reading there are those who believe JP could be a suspect and those who believe JA could be a suspect. There are also those who believe it could be random.

My intention wasn't to twist words as much as it was to show what a mash-up all the theorizing produces. For example, 5 people have 5 diff theories, and they each use bits and pieces of all of them to argue against one pretty cohesive theory that BC is guilty.

That wouldn't make sense since he wasn't at or near HT at that time. However, since the call worked other than the cell phone part, why wouldn't he redo this scenario?

Do we really know where he was at this time?? This is what the police said....The call at 6:05 and the call at 6:34 were misses so he had to go home and reset something....I really don't know what he did or when....however I think he had the knowledge and skill and the equipment to spoof the call at 6:40!!

Both earrings were there, but one was about to fall out so investigators removed it at the scene and kept it separate.

Actually, during the autopsy, when Kevin Gerity was checking the injury on the back of her head, he felt the earring in his hand. It was tangled up in her hair.

The bug guy said 11:00 am the day BEFORE...July 11.

This is inaccurate. The entomologist stated his original test showed 11am the day before, and he knew that was wrong, so he tested again. He then stated time of death was any time prior to 11am on the 12th. He could not say with any scientific certainty what time it was with any more specificity. He based his results on FOUR maggots.

Her running shoes were missing. That was part of the testimony. Out of curiosity, do you change your theory based on that?

Huh? Her father and her running partner both identified her running shoes that the ADA showed them in court. They were not missing. An old pair were missing...most likely thrown away as who needs to keep a collection of old sneakers?

My intention wasn't to twist words as much as it was to show what a mash-up all the theorizing produces. For example, 5 people have 5 diff theories, and they each use bits and pieces of all of them to argue against one pretty cohesive theory that BC is guilty.

That's because they are theories, other possible explanations for what may have happened to her, since there is no evidence her husband killed her. We do not have a police investigative team to work on leads. You are acting as if we are supposed to lay out exactly when/how it really happened and that is unrealistic.

Huh? Her father and her running partner both identified her running shoes that the ADA showed them in court. They were not missing. An old pair were missing...most likely thrown away as who needs to keep a collection of old sneakers?

The shoes she wore in the turkey trot race were missing, as well as the black and red shorts (that would have matched the sports bra).

She drank red wine and beer at the party. Don't have any testimony about what she drank after she got home or the last time she had anything to drink at the party.

The party started at what time? 6pm-ish. If your body clears a drink an hour, she could have had 6. Totally unconclusive...

Jay Ward showed how easy it is to boot a live Linux CD to mount and manipulate files on the host system's hard drive. This would not show up in the Windows System event log as a system startup because the Windows Operating System had not been started.
I'll stipulate that this can be done. But, who specifically are you suspecting would have done this or something like it?

The shoes she wore in the turkey trot race were missing, as well as the black and red shorts (that would have matched the sports bra).

To me, it's more likely that Brad would have dumped those items in haste than Nancy deciding to wear her third oldest pair of running shoes to go running in.

Uh, I'll plead the 5th on that last question. And you are not allowed to see my garage. :silenced:

The bug guy said 11:00 am the day BEFORE...July 11.

He said she could have died as early as 11AM Friday, yes. State got him to say it could have been btwn 1-6AM., but on cross the ME admitted TOD could have been as late as 11AM Saturday, not much reliability either way. That is the reason this evidence was not a smoking gun.

The CPD did a poor job preserving the specimens for the bug forensics, or there could have been more precise data. At the time of the evaluation, a full 2 weeks later, there were not many bugs left to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592