April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if she was killed at 12:30am when she walked in the door or at 4am or at 7:30am via some stalker. Do you know what she drank at the party (Diet Coke, Coffee)? Do you know the exact time she had her last (if any at all) alcoholic drink? Do you know if she drank something when she got home? That is not irrefutable.

If she vomited her stomach would be empty. The ME said caffeine could continue to show up from days before.

Has there been any testimony or records indicating how many people Brad called that day "looking" for Nancy?

The testimony of several earlier witnesses in the states case mentioned it on direct, but it is only on cross that you get a more realistic idea that he had called several people (to clarify phone numbers, etc)

This was one of the things that made me believe he had trouble on the Black Jack (in all seriousness) besides doing what was directly on the home screen.

He also googled for a few people's numbers that I thought would have been in his phone.

FWIW, I can never get a complete answer to an entire alternate theory.

It's very simple: BC is innocent. The evidence proved it (even though it only needed to prove reasonable doubt, it actually proves his innocence).

The two alternate suspects on this board, JA and JP, are not really viable as an alternate theory.

The only viable alternate theory is that it was a random act. There is no evidence thus presented that contradicts this. In fact, much of the evidence supports this theory.

The problem is, this theory is a direct threat to the Town of Cary. If this was a random act of violence, then the safe community that has been highlighted in so many publications is in jeopardy. There is a clear motive by the CPD to make this a non-random act. They even stated this at the beginning, despite having NO evidence to the contrary.

Unfortunately, those that believe that BDI are not willing to accept even the possibility that this was a random act. And in this way, they are no different than the CPD.

It makes perfect sense. She give the painting story to the police, points the finger at BC and looks like the saintly BFF.

For me to believe this, I would also have to believe that somehow BC knew this was happening, and was on his best behavior that Saturday. Making helpful early morning HT runs, doing lots of laundry, and just in general completely morphing from the guy who was snooping in her email, yelling at her in parking lots, emailing a French girl, looking into arrangements for her to come here, cancelling her bank and credit card access without consulting her...somehow he knew to turn into Ward Cleaver on just that Saturday in July.

It's very simple: BC is innocent. The evidence proved it (even though it only needed to prove reasonable doubt, it actually proves his innocence).

The two alternate suspects on this board, JA and JP, are not really viable as an alternate theory.

The only viable alternate theory is that it was a random act. There is no evidence thus presented that contradicts this. In fact, much of the evidence supports this theory.

The problem is, this theory is a direct threat to the Town of Cary. If this was a random act of violence, then the safe community that has been highlighted in so many publications is in jeopardy. There is a clear motive by the CPD to make this a non-random act. They even stated this at the beginning, despite having NO evidence to the contrary.

Unfortunately, those that believe that BDI are not willing to accept even the possibility that this was a random act. And in this way, they are no different than the CPD.

I guess the randoms are going to have to duke that one out with the JA'ers and JP'ers.

It makes perfect sense. She give the painting story to the police, points the finger at BC and looks like the saintly BFF.

If this case scenario is true, I absolutely don't think like JA. Actually, I have come to understand, and appreciate, that I don't think like most of that group.

IMHO, to believe that BC is guilty involves ignoring too many things and I just can't do that either.
The only physical evidence in this case is the tire tracks near her body, and they don't match a vehicle that BC had access to. MOO

You believe he is innocent because some tracks in the grass don't match his vehicle? I would go along with that if her body had been found the day that she was killed and not two days later. The fact that it rained in between certainly doesn't lead me to believe that the tire tracks were left when her body was dumped. I also believe there was testimony from the manager of the building of that subdivision that he was there on that Monday. Obviously he did not see her body but his tracks could have cut through the grass as he was turning around. It may have been Sunday that he was there. I'm not sure now. But he was there sometime before the body was found.

For me to believe this, I would also have to believe that somehow BC knew this was happening, and was on his best behavior that Saturday. Making helpful early morning HT runs, doing lots of laundry, and just in general completely morphing from the guy who was snooping in her email, yelling at her in parking lots, emailing a French girl, looking into arrangements for her to come here, cancelling her bank and credit card access without consulting her...somehow he knew to turn into Ward Cleaver on just that Saturday in July.

Not at all following you as to how one has any possible connection to the other.

If she vomited her stomach would be empty. The ME said caffeine could continue to show up from days before.

How do you vomit the entire contents of your stomach while your windpipe is being crushed? Please explain...

The testimony of several earlier witnesses in the states case mentioned it on direct, but it is only on cross that you get a more realistic idea that he had called several people (to clarify phone numbers, etc)

This was one of the things that made me believe he had trouble on the Black Jack (in all seriousness) besides doing what was directly on the home screen.

He also googled for a few people's numbers that I thought would have been in his phone.

Do you remember who the several were? I thought I only heard one or two.

P.S. I only remember that he googled MH's phone number which I also thought was weird that he didn't have that.

IMHO, to believe that BC is guilty involves ignoring too many things and I just can't do that either.
The only physical evidence in this case is the tire tracks near her body, and they don't match a vehicle that BC had access to. MOO

But again, IIRC, those tracts were too small for any type of automobile or truck. Something more in line of a golf cart.

Now see, for me, the tire tracks don't play into it at all. JMO, but I don't give them a second thought. We live on a very rural road, dead-ends into a circle much like that where Nancy Coopers body was dumped. I posted a picture I just happened to take when I was out walking my dogs, I think it might have been that big snowfall last christmas. Anyway, I walk the dogs down there very often, there are so many tire tracks from various vehicles that turn around down there. There is no way I'd be able to even begin to figure out which tire tracks are the latest, which go together, etc. In that gravel circle, there are so many tracks and ruts in the road. As a juror, I would have simply disregared that testimony.

I guess the randoms are going to have to duke that one out with the JA'ers and JP'ers.

Quite possibly, but I only go by what makes sense. The JA definitely does not make sense, it seems like this theory is being brought out primarily as a defense against the accusations of JA (which are unfounded). The JP makes slightly more sense, but the evidence doesn't support it. I'm actually only concerned with that which the evidence supports.

To me, it's more likely that Brad would have dumped those items in haste than Nancy deciding to wear her third oldest pair of running shoes to go running in.

Just to clarify--the shoes that are missing are her second oldest pair of running shoes, and there has been testimony that she alternated between that pair and the newer pair (which were still a year old).

Nobody said the $75k was the sole reason he murdered Nancy - I brought up the life insurance money. I said it sure didn't hurt to have an additional $75k. Never did I say that was THE reason he murdered her.

My husband's grandfather was murdered for $27. That is 27 - not 27,000 - $27. Three people murdered him for $27. Murder is stupid. If someone will murder for $27, then I'm pretty sure they wouldn't turn down $75,000 if they had gotten away with it and could have collected.

I guess you're referring to the discussion from last night? Someone said that Brad had motive, means and opportunity. Clearly every spouse has means and opportunity. What was Brad's motive? I think it's fair to say that a percentage of his annual income would not qualify as motive.

But again, IIRC, those tracts were too small for any type of automobile or truck. Something more in line of a golf cart.
Perhaps the golf cart that the Cary PD and Miss Cleo were riding around in?

I don't see how the evidence 'proved' that BC is innocent. The trial isn't over yet.
I do agree that the City of Cary wanted to, and the CPD made, every attempt to make this seem like spousal homicide and not a random act of murder from too early on. They had an image to protect.

Do you remember who the several were? I thought I only heard one or two.

I have trouble keeping them apart because it drove me nuts to listen to them a second time.

I want to say (with complete disregard for my accuracy)CC,DD,MH,JA,MH, (and two others, whom were there very briefly on the stand for other reason and i have no clue who they were. One male. One female.) all indicated some contact with him that day.

Jessica Adams was by phone, then in person.

He called someone to get CC's number. I think CC was also a google search.

I made some notes on that list of folks. I will consult that and worst case, go back and listen to them.

How do you vomit the entire contents of your stomach while your windpipe is being crushed? Please explain...

Vomiting happens after/during strangulation sometimes. It's in the books, and has been testified to by the Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Butts. Not saying there is proof that this happened with Nancy. That could have been what BC scrubbed off the foyer floor the morning of the 12th.

Didn't he say on cross it could have been later than 7 am? And, the bug guy said up to 11 am.

I don't remember the details, but I do remember that according to the entomologist and the medical examiner, it was possible that Nancy died as late as the morning (daylight) of July 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal