State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like jury will have about an hour for deliberations. I would be shocked (and probably troubled) if they came back with a verdict before the day ends, no matter what it is.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Cummings: What does it mean that all these loved ones of Nancy Cooper's are at her memorial and Brad's not there? #coopertrial
2 minutes ago

This is not a slam on Coomings...he reminds me of Bill Cosby telling a story on the Cosby show.

Lawyers are allowed make inferences and draw conclusions in closing arguments. Jury is instructed that closing arguments are not evidence.

Yes, but they are not allowed to make up stuff that was not provided to the defense for an opportunity to cross examine.

What I mean is, BOZ cannot now say in close, that he personally witnessed BC dumping the body.

So he cannot infer a buggy VISTA system caused the "spoilage". The defense cannot refute what has not been presented as a theory prior......

Looks like jury will have about an hour for deliberations. I would be shocked (and probably troubled) if they came back with a verdict before the day ends, no matter what it is.

hope they don't pull a Phil Spector...vote to convict and then talk themselves into a mistrial

So the ADA is now testifying that the "spoiled" data on BC laptop is due to a buggy version of Vista, WITHOUT actually putting a witness on the stand to prove that assertion????

You have got to be kidding me....

Vista is very buggy and invalid timestamps do not prove tampering. There were invalid timestamps before Jul 11 and invalid timestamps after. They prove nothing and are diversions away from the smoking gun evidence that no one has ever shown to be fabricated, the google map search of Fielding Drive.

Boz just lied. The witness didn't say it would last 23 seconds. He said it would last 22 seconds.

Yeah he also lied and said the phone call was 31 seconds long. Interesting how if you take the 23 second lie and add it to the seizure time of 8 seconds you reach the 31 second duration lie. He is a real piece of work.

He's probably a great lawyer, but man it's tough to trudge through this.

Vista is very buggy and invalid timestamps do not prove tampering. There were invalid timestamps before Jul 11 and invalid timestamps after. They prove nothing and are diversions away from the smoking gun evidence that no one has ever shown to be fabricated, the google map search of Fielding Drive.

Does Vista delete individual cookies and change watermarks?

He should have left the necklace alone. They didn't bother to refute it during rebuttal...don't try to do it now.

Cummings is a joke and COMPLETELY ineffective and irrelevant.

IF he is convicted, then i agree..............but he's not convicted yet

The prosecution closed with what they believe to be the facts in this case. I think it was appropriate for them to bring up domestic violence. Control and murder by a spouse=domestic violence.

Nor was the defense allow to present evidence of tampering. The Judge would not allow them, and the prosecution, once they were made aware that the defense would introduce a "tampering" defense, did nothing to show, or disprove that tampering, DID NOT occur.

They put no witnesses on the stand to show how an invalid timestamps, are not tampering, but are something else.

It is the states job to make a solid case for guilt, and not just wave there hands and say "see no tampering, because we said so"

Cummings is doing the same darn thing the CPD did--putting too much emphasis on what the friends and neighbors said. I was hoping and praying he would not do this. Fingers crossed that he will bring this back to Nancy, so the jury will 'feel' the person she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90