Darlie Routier on Death Row

I wrote to Darlie for years. We developed somewhat of a friendship until I stopped writing.

I wrote to Darlie for years. We developed somewhat of a friendship until I stopped writing.

Why did you stop? Just curious. I know someone who wrote her fully believed in her innocence, but Darlie herself led this person to believe in her guilt so that person stopped writing. This person felt they were being manipulated by Darlie.

That what she does, and she's good at it.

I guess it is ghoulish and gossipy of me, but I wish we had information about her daily life and contacts.

I guess it is ghoulish and gossipy of me, but I wish we had information about her daily life and contacts.

I would like to know the same things also. I also wonder if anyone on this board has made the trip to Gatesville for a visit with Darlie. My mother-in-law lives close enough to Gatesville that I could head that direction next time we go for a visit. I would like to speak with Darlie to see what her demenor is and what kind of vibes she radiates.

GAHHHHHH - I wouldn't know what to say to her. The thought of being in her presence scares the carp out of me!

I don't want to go into specifics about why I stopped writing but I guess I just started to question her innocence and I also felt she was a little... selfish - for lack of a better word. :)

GAHHHHHH - I wouldn't know what to say to her. The thought of being in her presence scares the carp out of me!

I know the idea of meeting with her freaks me out a tad but I figure it would be a good start to see if I really do want to keep pursuing my criminal profiling degree. I already have a BS degree in family relationships and communications but I still would like another batchlors degree in criminology. I figure if Darlie doesn't spook me then I might be ready to continue on with my cj degree. I have to make sure I am heading the correct direction. I feel like if I actually sit down with her and talk with her I will be able to read her better than just writing letters to her. I suppose I shall write a letter to her for starters.

I don't want to go into specifics about why I stopped writing but I guess I just started to question her innocence and I also felt she was a little... selfish - for lack of a better word. :)

Did you both write about the murders at all? I've heard that she doesn't like to talk about what happened that night. I'm curious if she ever asks people she writes to help her and her family in finding the real murderer of her boys or if she just likes to chit chat.

Does she ever talk about Drake? Does she ever say that she's glad he's doing so well? Drake is a good looking kid and I'm glad to know Darin is making sure he has a normal (as possible) life. He's reaching an age where this may haunt him more. I hope not.

I know the idea of meeting with her freaks me out a tad but I figure it would be a good start to see if I really do want to keep pursuing my criminal profiling degree. I already have a BS degree in family relationships and communications but I still would like another batchlors degree in criminology. I figure if Darlie doesn't spook me then I might be ready to continue on with my cj degree. I have to make sure I am heading the correct direction. I feel like if I actually sit down with her and talk with her I will be able to read her better than just writing letters to her. I suppose I shall write a letter to her for starters.

I wish you all the luck in the world in puruing your criminal profiling degree, you never know if you may be the one to spot something in people to prevent them from harming others. KWIM?

Regarding my bold. I think a face to face with a person would give a wealth of information as you can see facial expressions and hand gesters, you know body language.
I also wonder if people like Darlie stay stuck in the mental age group of when they started serving their sentences on death row.
I'm about to start babbling so off I go now.

Does she ever talk about Drake? Does she ever say that she's glad he's doing so well? Drake is a good looking kid and I'm glad to know Darin is making sure he has a normal (as possible) life. He's reaching an age where this may haunt him more. I hope not.

We haven't written in a few years but she talked about Drake a lot, sent pictures, etc. She was very proud of him and saw him whenever she could.

I wish you all the luck in the world in puruing your criminal profiling degree, you never know if you may be the one to spot something in people to prevent them from harming others. KWIM?

Regarding my bold. I think a face to face with a person would give a wealth of information as you can see facial expressions and hand gesters, you know body language.
I also wonder if people like Darlie stay stuck in the mental age group of when they started serving their sentences on death row.
I'm about to start babbling so off I go now.

Thanks I appreciate that.

I really don't know what to expect from her yet. As to her mental state she is most likely medicated with some sort of anti-depressant so she might be somewhat upbeat. Granted she only gets out of her cell for one hour a day............That could really drive a person crazy.

We haven't written in a few years but she talked about Drake a lot, sent pictures, etc. She was very proud of him and saw him whenever she could.

Poor Drake. Poor guy has had alot to deal with I'm sure. I feel really bad for him.

hmmm so maybe the prosecutor's motive was not all wrong eh?

I just have to say this and I may ruffle some feathers. For that I apologize, but I don't for my thoughts.

I think anyone who writes to Darlie or anyone on DR needs something in their lives to keep them busy and amused. They are prolific liars with visions of grandeur

These people, Darlie included, are just cons.

Oh yeah, she'll make you feel so bad, like you're her only friend and you're so good to write to me, I hope we can be friends, blah, blah, blah. They once she has you hooked..."oh now you don't believe I could ever hurt my babies" she'll tell you how she's been screwed, chewed and tattooed by the justice system.

Hey Darie here's my letter....if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

It's all a con job.

I always found writing to prisoners pretty pathetic, but that is just MOO.

I always found writing to prisoners pretty pathetic, but that is just MOO.

Ummm... excuse me?? When I started writing to her, I think I was about 18 years old. Immature, assuming she was a poor, inncoent, wrongly-convicted woman on death row. I felt sorry for her and I wanted to help. I have since changed my mind but I don't regret what I did in the past.

I guess if having a big heart and wanting to help an innocent woman makes me pathetic, so be it. There ARE innocent people on death row. It does happen. Should we just ignore them and throw away the key?

I just have to say this and I may ruffle some feathers. For that I apologize, but I don't for my thoughts.

I think anyone who writes to Darlie or anyone on DR needs something in their lives to keep them busy and amused. They are prolific liars with visions of grandeur

These people, Darlie included, are just cons.

Oh yeah, she'll make you feel so bad, like you're her only friend and you're so good to write to me, I hope we can be friends, blah, blah, blah. They once she has you hooked..."oh now you don't believe I could ever hurt my babies" she'll tell you how she's been screwed, chewed and tattooed by the justice system.

Hey Darie here's my letter....if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

It's all a con job.

I mean the people on DR are pathetic, prolific liars with delisions of grandeur not anyone who writes to them.

Ummm... excuse me?? When I started writing to her, I think I was about 18 years old. Immature, assuming she was a poor, inncoent, wrongly-convicted woman on death row. I felt sorry for her and I wanted to help. I have since changed my mind but I don't regret what I did in the past.

I guess if having a big heart and wanting to help an innocent woman makes me pathetic, so be it. There ARE innocent people on death row. It does happen. Should we just ignore them and throw away the key?

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intention. I just think other places and people, like in my neighbourhood, are better served.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back