2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror #3142: Woman. Hardship- No backup person to do her job at her employer. Wouldn't get compensation because of company finances (small construction business). Requesting to speak to the judge/attorneys in private.

Excused for cause- business hardship. No objections.

There was a guy earlier who had tickets to a game and was going to take his 80 something year old grandmother to it. I think it was Bucks? I don't follow sports so I can't remember the team exactly. Judge said he would look into it for the potential juror whether or not he could get the team to let him switch his tickets for a different game, after the trial.

The Brewers - traveling to see his gma & taking her to a game. Tickets behind home plate

Secrets, secrets, so many secrets. What's so secretive about construction? :waitasec:

Maybe her employer is on the verge of bankruptcy and she doesn't want to admit that in open court in case anyone knows the company.

didn't know where to post this but.......i just got home from work, booted up the computer, fixed a drink, got my ashtray and cig (i know nasty) and started to arrange everything around the computer........OMG I remind myself of ICA getting everything lined up and in place.....do you think is it contagious? LOL

Why is CM trying to be as difficult as possible by questioning every potential juror, even if "no hardship" is claimed?

Juror #3170: Male. No hardship. No medical, family, financial concerns. Job compensates him for jury duty.

Called back for 2nd round.

3170 male

no hardship, employer pays for jury duty

CM: kids (16yo), wife takes care of him ok (yes), caretaker for elderly (no), calendar (beginning of August only), school board employee until June 10th, medical issues (no)

asked to return (#6 today)

3170: Hardship? No it would not.

HHJP: Any financial, medical or family concerns?

No.

HHJP: Your job will compensate you?

Yes.

CM: Do you have children at home?

At 16 year old.

CM: Can your wife take care of your child?

Yes.

CM: Do you have plans for the summer?

No. I do not.

CM: Any plans?

Just at the beginning of August.

CM: The school system, you work for? They will pay you?

Yes.

CM: You work in the summer?

I am fortunate I do not work in the summer.

CM: That's it.

HHJP: Go to work tomorrow if you want. Report on Friday. We will let you know tomorrow.

CM: Do you have any medical issues that would cause issue with you serving on the jury?

No.

HHJP: Okay report back.

I still don't get the whole "we need more minorities" mess. I thought you were entitled to a jury of your peers, not a your attorney's peers. Demographics for Pinellas Co. show at least 80% white (same as Orange Co.). I lived there for over 5 years and for the most part the only minorities I ever saw were at the nail salon ... and they don't speak good enough english to sit on a jury.

Hey, do we have a winner here? No hardships, will receive compensation. Mason up - 16 year old at home. Wife can care for - no problem. No Mr. Mason he does not. Give up.
Works for the school board. School ends june 10th, does not work in the summer. Has tenure on the school board. Give up. Thank you Mr. Mason - he obviously heard me.
Oh oh, one more problem - NO Mr. Mason - no medical problems whatsoever.

I still can't believe no one is taking the potty breaks the Judge offers! I would have already been up and gone as soon as he looked like he was going to say it.

3196: Hardship? Yes. My daughter is going though a divorce. She lives in Illinois. I am to pack her up and move her here, she will have no home.

HHJP: Excused.

I just hope this trial don't wind up turning into a circus the same it did with O.J Simpson ( only thing that was missing at O.J's trial was Jack Hanna coming into the roo mwith some animals from the zoo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member