2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe no one is taking the potty breaks the Judge offers! I would have already been up and gone as soon as he looked like he was going to say it.

They are on overtime now. Amazing how people are willing to whip through it when its their own time versus court time.

why can't they ask all these questions in a questionairre first to eliminate the extreme hardship cases? seems like a waste of time

That's what the do here. Call out all the people who have hardship *cough*. The judge hears them and releases them. Takes about an hr.

Why is CM trying to be as difficult as possible by questioning every potential juror, even if "no hardship" is claimed?

I think he's monitoring them for excessive eagerness to serve, which is a valid concern I think. People who would really want to be on this jury are potential trouble for both sides. I still have horrors about that ghastly man on the Peterson jury who was thrown off near the end, but was clearly up to no good and could have sabotaged the prosecution.

I think the Defense may have insisted on hearing all of witnessess...thus this is going to take forever.

Parents in 80's, one has cancer. Son has recently started to care for them. They are self-sufficient but he has offered to take them to dr. He says he would be concerned if sequestered in Orlando.

per the Florida unemployment law, serving on a jury does NOT effect your unemployment benefits.

This thread will be closing shortly...Please click on the link to go to the new thread .. this one is getting too long..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6467027#post6467027"]2010.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I still don't get the whole "we need more minorities" mess. I thought you were entitled to a jury of your peers, not a your attorney's peers. Demographics for Pinellas Co. show at least 80% white (same as Orange Co.). I lived there for over 5 years and for the most part the only minorities I ever saw were at the nail salon ... and they don't speak good enough english to sit on a jury.

Excellent point! KC isn't a minority so why is it necessary to have a minority on the jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500