2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like DS was told to tell RB to get the laptop away from KC.

ETA: I am pretty sure I saw KC say "My mom" again while she was holding her hand up like a phone.

Yup. And right after that RB was on her cell phone.

We have to remember that there is still one more round these potential jurors have to go through prior to being sworn in. I think Judge Perry knows a heck of a lot more about Florida law than any of us do so I am going to trust his judgment regarding this potential juror.

Voir dire is such an important part of a case. I prey there is justice for Caylee, I'd feel really bad if ICA gets to slide on this because of a wild card juror.

:eek:

This man does not believe in the DP for regular murder. :waitasec: Only if they kill more than one person, or do it in a heinous way? :waitasec:

Wonder if Sims just discovered our thread on Rosalie in this forum and went into panic mode? :great:

Maybe. She has been fired from a case more than once for bringing unwanted attention to the case..

HHJP: is giving the speech about the instructions.

HHJP: if the defendant is found guilty we will move to the penalty phase. The cart before the horse and ask these questions. the questions are not an indication of anything. must ask in case.

HHJP: any opinions on DP?

depending on circumstances. in between. is not right to say "eye for eye" and they should dye. if they tourture or kill multipule then they should die.

HHJP: it is not the law that murder is automatically call for death. if you accept the responsibility in this case you accept the responsibility to follow the law that I give you. Will you use the law in you decision if the defendant is found guilty in the first degree?

I have no problem following the law.

HHJP: if it was warrented under the law could you vote for DP?

yes

HHJP: if it was warrented under the law LWOP, could you vote for that?

Yes I could.

Oh gosh, me too. Not good. I think JA rteally blew it. he should have challenged for cause and then used his peremptory later, when there was a more diverse pool that made it through, if possible.

I listened to this lady. She alone has me worried about the whole case. I am trained to gauge a lot from what people say, their demeanor and answers. I don't like this one bit.

And yes, no P.h.D. is needed but she could barely understand basic questions.

They are done!

They have unlimited challenges for cause but only 10 without cause. Apparently, JA used a peremptory without trying to challenge for cause first. JB objected to it saying it was an improper peremptory because it was based on race. He won. I have never seen such an objection sustained. This means, from what I understand, that this lady is definitely on the jury.

It is. Same one.

They apparently tried to use a strike and were denied based on race. Really bad.

I agree. It's bad. If she's for sure on the jury then the DT can heave a huge sigh of relief. They got EXACTLY what they wanted.

I agree. Ashton dropped the ball.

Had to leave to pick up a sick child, missed the last 3.5 hours.
What did I miss??????:panic:

Let me guess.....nothing.:aktion1:

Now it looks like the sidebar was about this juror because of his Facebook Page.

I think that HHJP asking REPEATEDLY about following instructions....hints at this potential jurors NOT heeding the admonition. Me thinks that during general Voir Dire he will be slaughtered.

So JB just got this guy to admit to going on Social Media since Monday...WOW that was slick.

Facebook has fast become so intrusive in the past year or two..I went to my account and cant figure out how to delete contacts, nor stop the forewarding of messages to my email account..I always delete them and get the "Gerrrrr" with it clogging up my email inbox!! Yikes....

IF this guy indeed reply, whatever he replied could be found out..so he would be best to be honest about it...Also I would think it would be an obvious reaction when getting suppoeana'd to court for jury duty..and let you friends know...but at that point, have no idea just what case he would be involved with!!

I am sure some of the fine people would want to serve in this case, and NOT have agenda..however, it is always a wondering point... :twocents:

Beaz tried to use the race-card.
It worked about as well as Jack Del Rio's attempt of using the west coast offense.

I don't know much about Del Rio's west coast offense but JB one that one.

my understanding is that any pj, no matter how many, can be dismissed "for cause" in that they dont meet the rules, such as impartiality, presumption of innocence, refuse to consider death penalty.....the judge then will dismiss them for cause. NEither side uses a "strike"

Both sides have 10 of these "strikes"....what i didnt know until just now, is that they have to defend their reasoning for using them, and the judge can deny, if he sees fit. Such as being racially motivated....

They usually don't have to defend them. They only have to defend a "strike" if it is objected to. I have seen strikes objected to but never have I seen the objection sustained. Still very worried.

Can you give us that are cleaning house some details? Please? I missed it. TIA!

All I can add is that the State wanted a side bar to discuss the qualifications of the juror before he entered.

HTH
:)

I think the female student said about the same thing with FB

My DH just came in and asked if AF was up yet...Hmm, I think he's looking for a quickie
:great: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

LG changing from jeans to yoga pants to begin doing lunges when AF is up:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv